One

Mr. Whiskers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It takes a minute, but somehow Yunjin manages to lose the cat. Eunchae's cat, the same cat she had to babysit for a week while the owner is away doing who knows what in who knows where. The same ing cat that was definitely there a minute before. . 

Eunchae was going to kill her.

Her parents would have to drag her body back to New York in a casket. 

Yunjin didn't even like Mr. Whiskers!

"Mr. Whiskers," She called out, looking out her doorway. Empty. Closing her front door shut, she tip toed down the corridor. Silently praying that none of her neighbours come out and see her being insane, she crouches down low. "Come one Mr. Whiskers, I'll give you one of the treats Eunchae said you loved," She almost pleads.

"I'm talking to a ing cat, what even is my life," Yunjin mumbles, already feeling sore legs from practically crawling in the walkway to her apartment. "Maybe I should just buy a cat that looks similar to Mr. Whiskers. No one will find out."

"So you're that kind of a person," A voice dryly comments.

Yunjin stills, already feeling the burn on her cheeks. Oh no. No. It just had to be her. Clearing , she stands up on rather woobly legs. 

Her neighbour looks at her coolly, as unimpressed as the day Yunjin met her. Hair falling just below her shoulder blades and framing her face nicely. Forcing a smile, she waves awkwardly. "Hi Neighbour!"

Ms. Hot Neighbour, who had moved in less than a month ago, who Yunijin often spots leaving in the morning during her daily runs (not that she looks forward to seeing her, she was just observant). The one who seems to only own really flattering blouses and super intimidating power suits. 

And it's not as if Yunjin didn't try to be the best possible neighbour to ever neighb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter