Five (Last)

I’ll Change The Weather For You. I’ll Chase Away The Rain And Put Back The Sun For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

Epilogue:

 

And they spent another 17 years bickering, fighting and loving each other and hopefully, more years to come. There’s no more need of chasing for they already found what they have been looking for… or not?

 

Every relationship has green flags and red flags, but if we focus too much on negative things about our partner, we will miss out on the best things about them.

 

I know we deserve someone better or best for ourselves, but it isn't wrong to compromise sometimes and talk to the person we love about the things we like and things we don't like in line with things they like and don't like and meet in the middle. 

 

There are always beautiful things on everyone and ugly sides too. Even ourselves. Acceptance and knowing our worth, if we only knew how to balance both, we will have the ‘perfect relationship’ we aspire to. Although the word ‘perfect’ is just ideal, seeing each other’s flaws and still loving unconditionally, I think that’s true love.

 

But what if we cannot compromise the differences anymore? What if we finally had enough of trying? 

 

What if the love we have ever known has changed? What if true love is just a fantasy that our minds created? And it all has its expiration date. Sooner or later, the ‘magic’ will vanish and all we have left is the reality that is filled with nothing but mundane things. 

 

What if love is not enough to complete ourselves?

 

Fast forward to seven years, and here they are, still together, being strong as ever - or so Tiffany thought. 

 

Oh, to have the person that you love and yearn for years and to finally be loved by them is the best feeling in the world. The first years of being together are magical and enchanting. The electricity she felt when they held hands, the giddy feelings of every kiss and the warmth of every hug… it was incomparable. It is the feeling that she wants to feel forever.

 

 But something came up. They reached the seventh year of their relationship and the honeymoon phase is over. All of a sudden, the butterflies in her stomach, were gone. Every little thing that she thought Taeyeon was doing cutely before became annoying. The touches became irritable. The endearments are now replaced with sarcastic remarks and complaints.

 

One day, Tiffany just arrived from work when she saw Taeyeon snacking on the couch while watching television. They just looked at each other and nodded as a greeting and continue what they were doing. She went to the kitchen to drink then suddenly, she saw the unwashed plates on the sink.

 

“Ugh… you didn’t wash the dishes again??” she yelled from the kitchen.

 

“I’ll wash it in a bit. I’m still eating.” Taeyeon replied.

 

Tiffany scoffed and said, “You just want me to do it for you. I’m not your maid, Taeyeon. Don’t you know how tired I am from work today?” She complained. 

 

Tiffany had a rough day at work and now Taeyeon just had to add more work for her to do even after office hours. 

 

Taeyeon sighed and said, “Just leave it there, I’ll do it later. The dishes won’t run, you know.”

 

The answer made Tiffany mad. She puts both of her hands on her hips, “What did you say?”

 

“I said the dishes won’t ru-” Then Taeyeon was surprised when Tiffany opened the window and started throwing the plates outside.

 

“Yeah, but it can fly. See?” 

 

“What the hell, Tiffany?” Taeyeon was so disappointed by the latter’s action.

 

“Wow, look! That one flies so high!” Tiffany sarcastically remarked.

 

Taeyeon watched helplessly as Tiffany breaks the plates one by one. Every sound of the broken plates made Taeyeon’s heart break into pieces.

 

“Why can’t you just wait instead of throwing tantrums?” Taeyeon shook her head and walked out.

 

“Hey, where are you going?”

 

“Out.”

 

“Leaving your mess, I see?”

 

“No, I’m leaving you.”

 

“What did you say? Hey, come back here!”

 

And that was their tenth break up for the month and lost count of how many for years.

 

Tiffany started to fear losing Taeyeon, however, their relationship became a cycle that she already knew that Taeyeon would come back soon as she calm down.

 

‘She’ll come around soon.’ she thought as she went to the bathroom to wash up and cool down herself.

 

‘Maybe I was too much’ she contemplated, however, her prideful self had an argument to say. ‘But she’s too much! So messy! Making me do everything for her!’

 

Before, in their early phase of relationship, when Taeyeon was making a mess, Tiffany was willing to fix it for Taeyeon and find her cute but now, all she can see are Taeyeon’s vices, which aren’t fun anymore. It’s annoying. 

 

‘If only she could be better for us.’

 

She was brokenhearted to discover that the person she has been waiting for a long time is already hers but seemingly incompatible with her.

 

___

 

“And why are you here again at 3 AM drunk on my doorstep Kim Taengoo?” Yuri sleepily asked as she scratched her head.

 

“You know why… That woman…she’s so evil-ughh!” Taeyeon was closing her fist in annoyance.

 

“You used to say she was an angel now she’s evil. Haha!” Yuri laughed out loud, and then they heard from the inside, “Hey, keep quiet. I’m sleeping!” It was Sica, Yuri’s wife. 

 

Yuri immediately answered, “Sorry baby!” Yuri immediately closed the door and toned down her voice.

 

“How about we drink in the garden, bro? I don’t want to be kicked out of the house too you know?” Yuri sighed.

 

After a few hours, they looked at empty bottles on the porch and sighed.

 

“She’s just so cold to me and everything I do in her eyes is all wrong… I miss the old us.” Taeyeon sadly said as she reminisce about their past relationship.

 

“I thought you guys wanted to get married in your seventh year together?”

 

Taeyeon scoffed and said, “At this rate, If I even proposed, she’ll just throw the ring to the window like how she threw the plates a while ago. I’ve been sleeping on the couch for a year, you know?”

 

“You guys don’t sleep together anymore?” Yuri incredulously asked.

 

“Nope.”

 

“No steamy nights?”

 

Taeyeon shook her head, “Not even a good morning kiss, bro.”

 

“Rest in peace, brother.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

They both sighed.

 

“What’s your and Sica’s secret? You’ve been together for a long time, right?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Lots of kisses?” Yuri joked and Taeyeon punched her shoulders.

 

“Bull s.” Taeyeon chuckled.

 

“Fine, fine…” Yuri smiled and replied, “Like I always tell you, never give up on the person you love just because of your anger and pride. Feelings are temporary, they come and go, except love…but the rule is, don’t see love only as a feeling. See it as a lifetime commitment. Commitment is stronger than fleeting feelings. Commitment makes you stay even when the feeling is no longer the same. Commitment can make you learn how to love that same person that you once fell for, again and again, choosing that person all over again. Love is something we should cherish. Not everyone gets their love reciprocated like yours and mine. And you guys have been together for so long after all of the hurdles, so don’t waste it.”

 

“Right… maybe I should come back home when the sun rises.”

 

“Yeah, after all, tomorrow is another day!” Yuri cheered for her friend.

 

Taeyeon noticed a familiar flower in Yuri’s garden, “Is that sunflower?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“May I have one?”

 

“Pluck it, bro.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

Right, maybe she should try again. After all, the time you spent in a relationship is an investment that we cannot take back.

___

 

Early in the morning, Taeyeon went to Tiffany’s favourite coffee shop to buy her favourite coffee and she also bought some croissants for her girlfriend.

 

When she came home, she saw Tiffany sleeping soundly on her bed. She prepared everything on the kitchen table first in order to give the sleeping woman more time to sleep. Before the coffee turns cold, she wakes up Tiffany with light taps on her cheeks.

 

“Wake up…Breakfast is ready.” Taeyeon greeted with a small smile.

 

Tiffany slowly opened her eyes, and Taeyeon could notice how puffy they were. It’s easy to tell that Tiffany has cried all night and she feels sorry. Taeyeon hugged her and said, “I’m sorry.”

 

Tiffany was quiet for a while but she hugged Taeyeon back until she said, “You drink?” She sounded disappointed. 

 

“Yeah.” Taeyeon guiltily admitted. 

 

“We already talked about your drinking habits, right?” Tiffany was about to start another argument when Taeyeon stood up and said, “I’ll wait for you in the kitchen, okay?”

 

Tiffany just sighed and nodded.

 

They had their breakfast quietly. They felt a lot of emotions with their silence. 

 

Worry, that Tiffany cried all night and Taeyeon drank all night. Gratefulness, that they have time for each other which is rare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter