The Start

The World Has Its Shine, but I'd Drop It All

The only noise in the house was the sound of rushing water resonating throughout the walls. The young man grunted as he cleaned out the wound in his stomach, carefully wiping up the blood and patching up the wound. Hunched over the sink, he coughed and spewed blood.

Creeeeak.

Turning around, the young man came face to face with another person. Immediately, the young man's hand enveloped itself in a ghostly red color.

"Hey, man, calm down. No need to be so rash now." The voice came out smooth with no malicious intent behind it.

"Who are you?" The young man questioned. Chuckling, the intruder stuck out his hand.

"The name's Yoon Doojoon. Skip the formalities and call me hyung." The intruder named Doojoon still had his hand out.

The young man took it and shook it.

"Now tell me, what's your name?"

"Nam... Nam Woohyun." The young man, Woohyun, keeled over in pain and started a coughing fit.

"Hmm, is that so? Well, Woohyun, can I show you something?" Doojoon asked, a hidden agenda lacing through every word.

Woohyun couldn't say anything else before blacking out. The last thing he was were Doojoon's eyes glowing a pale blue.

-

Thunk.

"What was that for, idiot?!"

Thunk. Thunk.

"Stop hitting me!"

"Then shut up."

"Hey, look, he's waking up."

Woohyun opened his eyes and saw that a bunch of people were surrounding him. Almost immediately, he shot up, but regretted that when he felt pain again in his lower abdomen.

"Hey, you shouldn't do that... I worked hard to wrap you in bandages. Plus, I didn't exactly know what I was doing."

Woohyun stifled his hand from setting off his power, before sighing.

"Where's that Doojoon guy?"

"You called~" Just then, the Doojoon guy walked into the room with a teasing smile on his face, like nothing ever happened.

Woohyun gave the man before him an incredulous stare.

"Don't give me that look, I didn't do anything wrong!"

"Why did you take me here? You freakin' kidnapped me!"

Doojoon ran a hand through his hair before asking the other people in the room to leave. Woohyun watched as the others left reluctantly.

"Alright, ask your questions. I'll try to answer to the best of my ability."

"Why did you bring me here?"

"Isn't it obvious? You're gifted." To this, Doojoon gave a warm smile.

"Tch. I wouldn't exactly call it gifted... more like cursed."

The older man laughed and ruffled Woohyun's hair. "You have it for a reason, it's a gift. Any other questions?"

"Who are you?"

"I told you this yesterday, but my name is Yoon Doojoon."

"What's your ability?"

"This is my favorite question~ It's called Power Augmentation. Basically, I can either decline or enhance someone's powers, effectively making them weaker or stronger than they already are. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of concentration on my part and the most I can do is two people at the same time."

Woohyun nodded at the information given to him.

"Well, what am I supposed to do here?"

"It's more or less a school here."

"And you're telling-No, forcing me to go here?"

Doojoon shrugged, "Like I said. It's more or less a school here. You more or less have to go here."

"A school for what?"

"School For Extremely Talented and Gifted. Also known as the freaks with wacky powers, in simpler terms."

Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Then how did you find me?"

"One of our students has the ability to track others by their supernatural powers. No biggie, right?"

Woohyun glared harshly at Doojoon.

"So you're telling me that I'm here because you tracked me down. Practically kidnapped me and now I have to go to school here."

"Hey, don't look at me. I don't call the shots, I'm just given orders by Mr. Head Honcho and do them."

"And who's the head honcho?"

"You'll meet him soon enough. In the meantime, why don't I introduce you to a few people."

-

Doojoon walked out of the room and left Woohyun all alone. Feeling a little awkward and out of place, he followed after him. He walked behind Doojoon, a few paces slower.

Almost instantly, he noticed that others were giving him weird stares. It could've been that he was still in bandages or people thought he was a freak. He'd like to think it was the former.

They stopped at a door before Doojoon just walked in without knocking.

What Woohyun saw intrigued him, but at the same time, found it odd. Two people were heavily making out, while one of them was shirtless.

"Oh , Doojoon! What're you doing here?!"

Doojoon grinned and stuck his tongue.

"Hey Henry, I see you're about to get the nasty done with Sungmin hyung."

The older male blushed, bowed, and walked out of the room.

"It was a work in progress... until you barged in."

"Just thought I'd bring a new friend."

Henry finally noticed Woohyun standing behind Doojoon. He cleared his throat and stuck out his hand.

"Hi there, my name's Henry Lau, but call me Henry!"

"Nam Woohyun, but I prefer just Woohyun."

"Hi 'Just Woohyun', ahaha~ Just teasing~ So... What's your talent?"

Woohyun smirked, letting his hands glow that ghostly red. His ears grew sharper, and let loose a snarl. He got on all fours and let his power take full control. A pale ghostly red energy resonated off Woohyun's body. From his hands, they were sharp like claws. He took on a form that was completely synonomous to ... a beast.

Doojoon and Henry clapped their hands.

"Wooooo, that is amazing. I haven't seen Beast Mimicry that scary in awhile." Henry praised.

When Woohyun changed back to his original form, he collasped to his knees.

Doojoong rushed over and helped him up.

"You should probably keep from doing that until you heal. Or we could get someone to heal him...."

Henry gave Doojoon a look.

"Remember the last time we did that? Poor Sungmin got a broken arm..."

"Hey, how were we supposed to know that was going to happen? He was just a beginner student...."

"...Yeah, weak and vunerable guy right here."

"Oops, sorry. Let's get you to your room. We'll finish your introduction some other time, maybe after you healed."

Woohyun nodded & gritted his teeth and let Doojoon guide him. Henry waved them off.

"He's surely interesting."

Henry jumped up and grasped his chest from the intruders voice.

"Oh my god, Sungmin! You scared me!"

"Sorry, baby. And it's hyung to you~"

"How do you feel about him?"

"The new kid? Pretty cool if you ask me. Kind of cute, too."

Henry heaved a sigh and folded his arms.

"I was just kidding, Hennyboo. You know I only think you're the cutest."

"Of course, I am. But I just have a bad feeling about that kid."

"Don't worry about it, it's probably nothing. At the most, he'll probably cause mischief during class, but really, who cares. I clearly remember a certain someone wreaking havoc."

"Those were accidents..."

Sungmin giggled and nuzzled his face in Henry's neck.

"Uh huh. Sure. Just forget about Woohyun, all he needs is a few friends, maybe a girlfriend. Or even a boyfriend."

"That's just it, he doesn't seem all too keen on trusting others. Or for that matter, making friends. He barely shows anything for Doojoon."

"Give him time, Henry. Sheesh. We have bigger things to worry about."

Henry gave a long look before agreeing. Sungmin took his hands in his and smiled reassuringly.


Woooop, finished this! :D I hope everyone's satisfied, I know I am! Woohyun, Doojoon, Henry, and Sungmin are the first characters introduced! There's still more to come and lots more drama. :D I can't wait, I'm excited to write this.