01 | Lovely

Lucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "Best Actress, and the winner is..... Bae Irene!"

 

Her name was called, and I can't help but smile. I saw her stood up before my view was blocked, though my seat is close to the stage.

 

The audience gave her a standing ovation and clapped, showing their enthusiasm and support. "Isn't she lovely?" I heard someone beside me said to their friend, and I smiled.

 

Indeed, she is very lovely.

 

Amidst the crowd, I could see her walking towards the stage, with that beautiful smile plastered on her face. Her red dress complementing her white, milk-like skin. And her jet-black straight hair slightly bouncing as she walked. Oh how I wish I could stare at her forever.

 

The cheers subsided when she finally spoke. "Good evening, everyone!" she said and smiled. I took out my camera and pointed it to her. "First of, I would like to say my deepest gratitude to each and everyone of you..." she continued.

 

And as she says her speech, I stayed still. My eyes fixated on her. The camera long forgotten. I could feel my heart beat fasten its pace as I continued to look at her in awe.

 

My eyes widened when her gaze met mine. I could feel my cheeks burning. 

 

I stare at her. God, she looks ethereal. I don't think I could remember how many times I've blushed whenever I look at her. 

 

Every time I get the chance to have a glimpse of her, there's always that tiny bit of feeling inside of me that's hurting. I want to hold her, but I can't. 

 

So close yet so far...

 

Her eyes. The way they shine against the light, I can see tears. Happy tears, I suppose. The way her dimples gets visible as a smile crept into her lips, holding the trophy she'd received in front of everyone here. 

 

I kept my gaze on her, until she did too. She kept her guard and just looked at me in the eyes... and she winked.

 

She winked at me. SHE. WINKED. AT. ME.

 

My consciousness came back when I heard yet another round of applause and saw her get off the stage. I sighed in defeat when I realized that I haven't had the chance to take pictures because of starstruck.

 

"That's a bummer.." I placed my camera back into my bag and decided to make my way towards the exit.

 

I planned to stay only for a couple of minutes, especially because she's the only reason why i came here in the first place.

 

I walked towards my car to put my things inside, when I saw the park through the dim streetlights nearby. I decided to stay there for a little while, you know, to appreciate the peaceful evening. 

 

I sat on the bench and sighed. The moon is sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter