Oh my, my, my

Melody of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                  CHAPTER 1

                             [ Oh, My, My, My ]

                     

“ I was seven and you were nine,

I looked at you like the stars that shine,

in the sky,

the pretty lights”

[ Jong Kook’s P.O.V]

We met at a family gathering when we were young. You were seven, I was nine. I was playing with my toy, and when I saw you coming close as you smile with your friends around, you suddenly shone brighter than the sun in the sky up above. The night that day, I saw you again, I was with my mom and I saw you come too. Your mother introduced us two, and I felt something that I haven’t felt before.

“Jong Kook-ah, meet Seong Im. Seong Im-ah, meet Jong Kook.” My mother introduced me. You were listening attentively as you look straight into my eyes, and I didn’t even notice our surroundings when I saw you smile. That night you look brighter than the moonlight, than the stars up above.

And our fathers went into our table and as they sat and saw us two talking to each other, your father said.

“ Glad that the two of you meet. I’m sure you two won’t just be friends, seeing that you get close so easily on the very first time you meet each other. ”

“ You’re right. It will be good if you two would get along.” My father said as he ruffled our hair and we both grunted at the same time as we fix our hair. We both laugh as we realized that we did it at the same time, and I was again lost in the way your eyes smile as you put the widest smile that you can on me.

 

 

“ Take me back to the house in the backyard tree.

Said you’d beat me up, you were bigger than me.

You never did, you never did.”

[Seong Im’s P.O.V]

A month after the celebration, I heard my mom say that you and your family have already decided to transfer permanently to the house 3 blocks away from ours. I was jumping excitedly in my room, I’m so happy that I’d be able to see you again after that memorable day when you put a stalk of the flower behind my ear.

You visited me a week after you move. My mother said we can play in the backyard where my tree house that I personally asked Papa to build. I never allowed anyone inside, and you’re the first one that I let in. You brought your toys and I also have mine. We were getting along just fine until I asked you to play tea party with me using your robots. You were arguing that we should play Crash dolls. You get my doll and clashed it with your robot, I pulled your hair but you stood so I can’t reach you anymore. I didn’t cry that time, but I ignored you and continued playing tea time and picked your robot too. But this time, you picked it harshly, and I stood up giving you the deadliest glare.

“ You know that oppa can beat you Seong Im-ah right? I don’t let little girls go just like that, so listen to me, please! If you don’t want to cry. My cry baby.” You teased me. Anger filled up inside me and I retaliated.

“ I know you can beat me up. You were bigger than me oppa. And so what? I can also beat you into a pulp. Come on. Beat me!” I provoked you that time, but instead of beating me up, you relaxed your fist and surrendered to my command.

I was so happy that time because I know you can’t hurt me. You told me that you’ll protect me as long as we’re together, and my heart fluttered as you promised that moment. I felt like everything is blurry, and you’re the only one that I can see.

“ Take me back to the house when our world was one block wide

I dared you to kiss me and ran when you tried.

Oh my, my, my, my.”

When I was twelve and you were fourteen, we kept our habit of staying together- like brother and sisters. You even went to the school where I study so you can get close to me, and protect me. We still had our hangouts together in each others’ houses. We’re both together on campus that almost everybody is talking about us. Well, they’re not wrong after all. We had our picnics in the backyard of your house or my house as we did our homework together.

One day, you were reading the book I recommended as I lay my head into your lap, and you suddenly read a line in chapter 12. I’ve had a silly thought and as I get up, you were shocked, and I looked straight into your eyes. I can feel that you can’t stand my gaze, and so I tried to finish it as soon as I can so I mustered up my courage and finally asked you.

[so the P.O.V will change in this section]

“ You’ve read the passage right oppa? So who’s your ultimate crush right now? Or your first love?” I asked him as I close our distance to show him my courage of challenging him.

“ You.” Jong Kook oppa whispered.

I was taken aback, for a while, but of course, I get myself together and asked the most mischievous thing that I can ask him- my very best friend who’s like an older brother to me.

“ Then, show me. Why don’t you kiss me right now oppa.” I equally replied in a whispery way, as I squinted my eyes to show him that I’m really dedicated.

[we’re back to the original P.O.V]

When I challenged you, I squinted my eyes. But this time, instead of giving me a trembling gaze, your eyes shifted into a much more dedicated gaze. I was taken aback but of course, I didn’t let my emotion, especially my eyes show it. You were getting so close and I didn’t dare to move. Anticipating the upcoming kiss from you. When we were inches apart, I saw how disappointed your expression was. Because I stood up and ran away as fast as I can before you could even touch my lips. But instead of scolding me like you loved to do before, you chase me in the wide field in our backyard. My wavy hair swayed left and right, as you ran as fast as you can.

You catch me, unfortunately, and fortunately for you. You gave me a back hug as you lifted me from the ground and turned. I was so delighted and screamed my lungs out as I heard you whisper.

“ You’ll see how sincere I am in the future Seong Im-ah. Let’s just be like this for now.”

“I was 16 when suddenly

I wasn’t that little girl you used to see

But your eyes still shined

Like pretty lights.”

When we set foot in our senior years, we saw each other seldom. But we still got the chance to do our usual routines together. But there’s this day when you asked me for lunch but I declined.

“Seong Im-ah, let’s have lunch together. Oppa’s treat.” You approached me as we do our handshake, and your smile reaches your eyes, your aura that day was so unusual.

“ Oh? Oppa! It’s been a while! But I can’t join you today maybe tomorrow?” I saw how your excited smile deflated, and how your shoulders fall little by little.

“ Oh. Really? Then I think I’ll treat you next time then. But what are you going to do that you can’t join me for lunch?”

“ Because my classmates are asking me to join them. For the project meeting of some sort oppa.”

“Seong Im-ah!” In Sung called.

“ I’ll go now then.” You turned around and I felt sad as you didn’t even have a second thought of glancing at me before turning around.

[ Jong Kook’s P.O.V]

I can’t sit still after seeing In Sung eating lunch with my Seong Im. And so I gather my courage and texted her that afternoon after classes.

“I’ll pick you up. No excuses whether that In Sung is with you or not.”

“ Okay then oppa.”

You kissed my cheeks like you always do before riding the seat behind my bicycle. And my heart is thum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter