fin.

1on1: Cute
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I can't believe I let them talk me into this." Chaeyeon grumbled quietly, while trying to remain neutral about her current predicament.

Earlier today, Chaeyeon's sister, Chaewon, and their close friend, Yoona, asked if she wanted to attend one of their school's fraternity's fundraising event happening later today. She agreed once they promised they'll each buy her bubble tea and snacks for the next month. However, neither of them explained further details about why they were here and for which fraternity when she asked about it. Instead they stopped by Gong Cha on the way and got Chaeyeon her first bubble tea and snack to which distracted her. Now, Chaeyeon wished she had opted out as she didnt expect to have any sort of physical contact with anyone, especially by those she knew from said fraternity. She needed to learn to not be bribed by food, especially free ones.

"There's no way I can ditch now since they already paid for these tickets."

Chaeyeon glanced down at the tickets in her left hand that had the faces of six fraternity members of Omega Omega Omega she would be taking photos with. She briefly scanned the images and instantly recognized them. One happened to be her sister's crush, Kyubin, and the other was a close friend of Yoona's, Taeyeob. The other four, Sungho, Junhyung, Yongsoo, and Wookjin were either in classes she previously had or friends of friends. Still, to say, they were all good friends of sorts.

"Tch. And I have to show them the proof of me actually participating, too."

Chaeyeon inwardly sighed, glancing about her while patiently waiting to take her photo with the first member she saw on the ticket, Yongsoo. He was in the same year as her sister along with Wookjin and so saw two often compared to the others. Still, all she knew for their fraternity's, Omega Omega Omega, event was that it was a one on one photo session of sort. She would choose one of five poses with the person and then receive the Polaroid afterwards as a keepsake. Chaeyeon had no idea what Omega Omega Omega's fundraiser was for either. Maybe she'll ask Yongsoo once she's up there.

"I wonder if Won's gonna actually confess to him then." She mused to herself before noticing that it'll be her turn with Yongsoo soon.

She watched as the person before her took a cute picture with him, but realized she had no idea what poses to do with Yongsoo. She quickly glanced around to see if there was a sign or image of sort to deterimined the poses, but she didn't see one. Unless she missed it just now. She sighed as she thought about how to go about it. So, Chaeyeon figured she could ask the other person if the members could just choose the poses and she'll go through with it afterwards. Still, she hoped for minimal interactions and to get this whole thing done and over with.

"Okay, next."

One of the other Omega Omega Omega members called out while turning around to face the next person to take a photo which happened to be Chaeyeon as she was now on to her second to last fraternity member, Wookjin.

"Ah, yes."

Chaeyeon handed the young man her ticket as he took it before asking her which pose by motioning at the image that hung around his next. Chaeyeon stared at the poses to get a sense of what Wookjin's five poses were. She learned a bit late that each person had a few different ones than the others.

"Um, he can choose."

"Okay."

The young man faced Wookjin again and informed him that he could choose the pose. Chaeyeon watched Wookjin smiled before deciding quickly on the pose for the two of them to do.

"A heart." 

Woojin made a half of heart with his left hand as Chaeyeon seemed doubtful.

"Are you sure?"

"Don't worry. I'll  take care of you."

He cast her with a small smile as she nodded, understandingly.

"Ah, okay, fine."

She nonchalantly maneuvered her way to stand to his left side, but Wookjin motioned for her to stand to the right of him instead.

"Oh, sorry."

Chaeyeon now stood to the right of him while making half a heart with her right hand to match and connect with his left hand making half of a heart. For some reason, while doing the gesture, the word left before she could even process of thinking it.

"Cute."

She heard him suddenly giggle softly as he also responded back with 'cute' soon after. Chaeyeon wasn't sure what he had meant by that, but she didn't focus on him, but towards the photographer. However, the other young man was fiddling with the Polaroid camera and taking longer than necessary. The next thing she knew, Wookjin spoke again.

"Thank you, Chaeyeon."

Chaeyeon had no idea why he was thanking her, but she replied without glancing at him.

"You're welcome, Wookjin."

Another giggle sounded from him and Chaeyeon wondered if all the Omega Omega Omega members were like this after having experienced something similar to this for the fifth time. She recalled Yongsoo smiling brightly and calling her, 'my flower', based on the pose he had chosen. Taeyeob also chose a similar flower pose to do with her as he slightly after doing so. Sungho even held hands in a couple-like way after taking their Polaroid as if he didn't want her to go just yet and wanted to spend a little more time conversing. Soon after that, Kyubin made a cold joke at an attempt to be cute and humorous about their poses as he had chosen one where they would poke each others' cheeks. Now, here was Wookjin's turn and then probably Junhyung after him. Chaeyeon hadn't realized how attentive and interactive they were.

"Okay, here we go."

Their picture was soon taken as the two posed for it for a few seconds. Chaeyeon still had to wait for the Polaroid to print out so she faced Wookjin while thanking him for his time. Once her eyes actually focused on Wookjin's face, she now knew why she had said 'cute' in the first place. He was a cutie for sure and her mind had subconsciously thought so while she may have not processed that while waiting in line. Her reactions compare to the other four were way different to his. Then again, she has seen him around and interacted with him before. Chaeyeon just didn't understand why the interaction and situation now was not like the others.

"Ah, thank you again for coming, Chaeyeon." Wookjin responded in turn with a bright smile.

"I hope you had fun."

"Ah, yeah, you're welcome, Wookjin, and yes I did."

"Told you that 'I'll take care of you', Chaeyeon."

A sweet smile graced Wookjin's face as Chaeyeon returned a smile of her own, but wasn't sure how to read his expression or the gentle tone he used. She brushed it off in a nonchalant matter to not read too much in his actions.

"By the way, am I'm your last one?"

Chaeyeon shook her head.

"No. I still have Junhyung left."

"Oh, okay."

Chaeyeon felt she heard his voice sounded disappointed, but Wookjin perked up and his tone changed.

"Anyway, have fun and well, take care."

"You, too. Bye bye."

She cast him with one last smile and a wave while taking her Polaroid. Wookjin returned the same gestures before focusing on the next person. Chaeyeon walked off to head on over to Junhyung's line which happened to be quite long since she arrived while placing the image away into her bag. She couldn't figure out why her interaction with Wookjin felt weird, but she shook those thoughts away and hoped her interaction with Junhyung would be more mellowed out. To which it was as the two smiled politely to one another while also doing the same hand heart pose, but opposite than the one she did with Wookjin. However, Junhyung did give her a fist bump with a smile to which was fine with. Soon Chaeyeon wandered the rest of the campus to see what else was goi

Please log in to read the full chapter