2/2

way back home (cause it's you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finding a routine that works for the both of them was a bit of a challenge, but it's nothing that the two of them couldn’t handle. Jimin worked a nine to five, so her timetable was more rigid, in comparison to Minjeong’s university schedule which had her waking up as early as seven on some days, and other times her classes only started in the late afternoon. 

 

Jimin would come back home rather late because of work, so most of the time, Minjeong has been cooking after University for the both of them. Jimin is extremely grateful and offered to cook for her many times, but Minjeong always resists her offer, saying that Jimin was probably super tired from working all day. 

 

Even though Minjeong meant well, Jimin still felt a little guilty because she often saw her girlfriend studying all night. Maybe if she wasn’t so busy making dinner every day, she would have a little more time to study and wouldn’t have to work so late into the night. She would hunch over her textbooks, stressing her eyes by squinting at the illuminated screen for hours, scribbling notes on her tablet. Jimin does her best to get her love to bed, but is always met with playful protests.

 

“Minjeong. Bed. Now.” Although Jimin’s tone was stern, she was nothing short of adorable, her arms resting on her waist with her lips in an exaggerated pout.

 

“Just a few more pages, baby.” She says, without even sparing a glance through her large spectacles. Her zip-up hoodie was slightly sliding off one of her shoulders, revealing a little bit of her cropped white tank top underneath.

 

Jimin always found Minjeong attractive, but even more so when she was in simple clothes, making her look especially soft and approachable. She moves closer, crouching down near Minjeong’s seat so she can see what's on her screen. It doesn’t make any sense to her, might as well have been French due to all the psychology jargon used. It made her head hurt just thinking about it. 

 

Minjeong felt the older girl's presence, lifting a hand to gently squeeze her girlfriend’s cheeks as she kept staring at the screen. She gives Minjeong a quick peck on the cheek and pats her head before she steps away.

 

It’s already past midnight, so Jimin gets ready for bed, changing into a set of dark purple Kuromi pajamas, doing a quick skincare routine and brushing her teeth.

 

Another hour passes and Minjeong is still working away. Although she was idly scrolling on her feed, Jimin was getting a little frustrated now, but she knows the perfect thing to get her girlfriend to bed. She disappears for a moment and returns with her favourite cup of hot chocolate. 

 

Minjeong’s nose picks up on the smell immediately, turning her head towards the sweet aroma. 

 

Jimin smiles, knowing she’s won. Because hot chocolate doesn’t just mean a sweet drink, it also means an onslaught of kisses that the study maniac couldn’t resist giving.

 

Minjeong stands up, clasping the warm beverage with both of her hands. Jimin smiles, already anticipating what came next. After Minjeong takes a long sip, she leans forward and plants a soft kiss on Jimin’s lips. 

 

And another.

 

And another after that.

 

Then she steps back, grinning from ear to ear like a fool. 

 

“Thank you,” she says softly. 

 

“I should be saying the same. Now come on, get ready for bed. I’ll keep it toasty for you.”

 

“Okay, fine.”

 

Jimin watches as Minjeong waddles away to the bathroom, stretching as she goes, likely cause she’s been hunched over her screen for so long. As she hears the door close, she settles under the warm quilt and goes back on her phone. 

 

Minjeong pops out from the bathroom thirty minutes later, dressed in her matching pink My Melody pajamas with slightly damp hair, a towel draped over her shoulders. 

 

Jimin welcomes her under the covers, adjusting the quilt so she can easily slip inside. She wraps her arms around Jimin’s waist, resting on her chest.

 

Jimin inhales in content, taking in the lingering scent of Minjeong’s peach-scented shampoo. She shifts her a little so she’s sitting up, taking the towel off her shoulders so she can dry it a little more thoroughly. 

 

“Baby, do you want me to get the hair dryer?”

 

“No, it’s okay.” She says, fishing out her phone from her pocket. “I’m probably going to go through my notes a few more times.”

 

“What.”

 

“Jimin, my exam is in two days. I need to-”

 

“You need to rest,” Jimin replies with finality. She gets out of bed and pulls out the hairdryer from the bedside cupboard. 

 

Minjeong stays quiet, allowing the sound of the hairdryer to fill the silence. Jimin is gentle as she blowdries the hair, carefully splitting the hair into sections to ensure that each is dry. Once she’s done, it leaves Minjeong’s short hair volumised, making her look like an incredibly fluffy baby Maltese. 

 

After Jimin puts everything back, she finds Minjeong sitting up, staring right in front of her. Her expression is blank, spaced out and clearly thinking of something. 

 

“Minjeong? Are you okay?” Jimin slides back under the covers and wraps her arm around her waist.

 

“I’m reciting my notes in my head.” She says in a monotonous tone.

 

Jimin rolls her eyes. “Okay, babe. Enough. You need to sleep right now. Didn’t you tell me you needed rest to consolidate memory or whatever?”

 

“Yes but-”

 

“No buts. When I was studying you always lectured me about that. Don’t be a hypocrite darling. You’ll still have time tomorrow.”

 

Minjeong pouts and Jimin kisses it away. “Please?”

 

Minjeong smiles softly. “Okay.” She closes the distance between the two of them, kissing Jimin one last time, mint chocolate left lingering when the part. She then turns to her side and switches off the lamp, finally sinking into the mattress.

 

Minjeong must have been a lot more tired than she was letting on because she immediately crashed, falling into a deep sleep. Even though she was unconscious, Jimin could almost swear she could hear the younger girl mumbling something about the different memory stores. It made Jimin’s heart ache a little, knowing how hard Minjeong had been studying. She draped herself over her small frame, snuggling closer and nuzzling her shoulder. 

 

Oh, how Jimin loves the smell of peaches. 


 

♡☆


 

Jimin wakes up at eight to get ready for work, and Minjeong is already up, putting together some breakfast in the kitchen. She’s frying some sunny-side-up eggs as she waits for the bread to finish toasting. 

 

She catches a glance of the older girl as she hears her moving into the room, immediately forming into a bright smile. Minjeong found it a little un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter