Finale

Love knows no obstacles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love.

 

It was the most powerful thing in the world. It’s power was out of control. 

 

Love  could bring you joy and happiness and at the same time could bring you to the verge of tears and break you completely.

 

At the same time love was described as one of the best feelings in the world, if you fall for the right person of course. 

 

For celebrities falling in love was dangerous. The fans hated seeing someone they love be together with someone else. To them it felt like a betrayal even if they didn’t have any chance with their idol in the first place.

 

Dating rumors could destroy their reputation in seconds.


 

But you know, what is forbidden becomes even more addicting.

 

Bae Joohyun knew very well that falling in love was out of the question. 

 

She was careful.

 

Everything was fine. Joohyun was one of the top singers. People loved her charm and soothing voice.

 

Then?

 

Then she fell in love.

 

“Oh my God, I can’t believe this is happening!” 

 

Joohyun just smiled and hoped that everything was alright with the person in front of her.

 

Don’t get her wrong, she loved her fans but sometimes she worried if they were doing well.

 

Just like in the current moment where it looked like the boy was hyperventilating.

 

“I love you so much, Joohyun, you are my inspiration!” the boy said while putting her latest album on the table. 

 

With one swift motion the album got signed, with Joohyun offering her signature smile to the young fan.

 

“All done!” Joohyun passed the album to the fan with one hand while getting her smoothie with the other hand.

 

The boy was so happy that he could barely hold the album and ended up dropping it on the smoothie which fell into Joohyun’s lap. 

 

“I am so sorry. I didn’t mean it.” 

 

It’s ok. Joohyun wasn’t mad. She knew that it was an accident. 

 

The meeting was paused because Joohyun had to change clothes, she couldn’t greet her fans while wearing a dirty blouse.

 

Her favorite blouse.

 

Joohyun was using half an hour of free time to wash the blouse. It was precious as it was a gift from her  mother.

 

“Let me help!” Suddenly a bright voice chirped in. 

 

Joohyun looked at the direction where the voice came from and couldn’t believe what she saw.

 

In front of her stood a beautiful girl, around age of twenty three which was two years younger than Joohyun herself. 

 

She had jet black hair which was covered in a ponytail. Her eyes were like a hypnosis, bringing Joohyun in a trance where she couldn’t stop staring at the young girl. 

 

Few seconds passed but it seemed like an eternity for Joohyun. Trying not to make the situation awkward, Joohyun said the first thing that came to her mind. 

 

“You are so beautiful.” Realizing what she had said, Joohyun  let out a stream of apologies.

 

The girl just laughed softly. “ My beauty doesn’t match yours but thanks. “ 

 

Joohyun felt her cheeks getting warmer but she hid it with a smile. “ Don’t put yourself down, you are so charming you could be an idol.” 

 

“People didn’t lie when they said that you were the sweetest and kindest celebrity.” The girl said.” I just realized that you don’t even know my name. I am Seulgi, your new assistant. Let me help with the blouse. “

 

Seulgi took the piece of fabric in her arms, their fingertips slightly brushing against each other.

 

That was the moment Joohyun realized that she liked the girl, as a friend.

 

They started meeting more often, enjoying each other’s company. 

 

The day where Joohyun realized that she had fallen for Seulgi was  after a few months.

 

Joohyun had a break from her idol activities so she had decided to go on a trip to a place where not many people would know her- Sweden. 

 

Obviously Seulgi had to go with her, the girls had become inseparable. 

 

It was the beginning of October. They were walking through the streets of Stockholm, taking in the beautiful sight of autumn around them.

 

Seulgi stopped in the middle of her tracks and leaned down, making Joohyun raise her eyebrow in confusion.

 

“Do you see how beautiful it is?” Seulgi put a maple leaf in front of her face, the red of the leaf matched perfectly with Seulgi’s rosy cheeks.

 

‘‘How much I want to squish those cheeks” Joohyun exclaimed.

 

‘And kiss them.’ Was what she thought, surprising herself.

 

“Squish them!” Seulgi said as if challenging her.

 

Well, Joohyun didn’t need to be told twice. Her fingers moved on their own as she squished Seulgi’s soft cheeks but it wasn’t where her main focus went to Seulgi’s eyes.

 

She could look at them forever and never get bored. It was as if there was a special spell cast on Joohyun. She did not complain. 

 

The younger one had a captivating gaze. What Seulgi didn’t say out, her eyes told the way words couldn’t describe anything.

 

During those few months Seulgi had become a very special person in Joohyun’s life. 

 

They could talk for hours and not run out of things to talk about. 

 

Whenever Seulgi laughed, Joohyun’s heart swelled. It was her favorite sound in the whole world. 

 

She started to notice small things about the younger girl.

 

The way her eyes twinkled when she was happy.

The way she used hands when enthusiastically talking about something.

 

Joohyun was reminded about it all when she was done with Seulgi’s cheeks.

 

After that the girls went to a cafe for some pumpkin spice latte. Seulgi had admitted that she had never had this so Joohyun took it to herself to introduce Seulgi to the perfect autumn drink.

 

They were having a conversation when an unknown woman and man stepped in front of the girls.

 

“I am sorry to bother you but could we have a picture?” The man asked.

 

It would be a lie that Joohyun wasn’t mad that her talk with Seulgi but it was okay, she had her duty as a celebrity to always make fans happy.

 

She got ready to pose for a picture when the woman shook her head.

 

“How about your friend  takes the picture?” The woman suggested.

 

Joohyun nodded. Seulgi took a picture of them and the fans left the girls alone but Joohyun wasn’t at ease.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter