We’re Going Home

Hold On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No Proofreading! Sorry this person is on holiday. Will get back to this later!

 


 

“Double shot?”

 

“Yes,” she nodded confidently. “Oh and uh a slice of chocolate cake too.”

 

“Okay,” the cashier, named Kazuha nodded her head a bit, disbelieving but ‘Customer always right’ they said, “That will be 6.50”

Yunjin handed her cash and sighed. She doesn’t even like coffee but here she is ordering one.

 

“Uhm Miss, please have a seat and we’ll have it delivered.”

“Miss…”

“Miss?”

 

The customer stood there smiling. More like pining. Kazuha waved her hands several times but after still being ignored, she turned to look at what caught the girl’s eyes.

‘Oh… Of course it’s unnie’

 

So the cashier decided to poke the girl on her shoulder.

 

“Miss, I’m sorry but you may sit first and I’ll have that girl send your order,” she jutted her lips towards Sakura.

Yunjin flinched before she turned around. Not forgetting to mumble a thanks and almost crashing onto another customer.


 

“There. The table where your sacred admirer sits.”

 

Sakura groaned, “Not again”

“Yes again.”

 

“I’m thinking of making this place a self serve now,” Sakura had that idea before. But to be honest, she won’t be much on trusting people with her cafe. And it’s kind of a foreign idea to do in a foreign land.

“Good. So she can stand beside you instead of staring from afar,” as usual, Kazuha would always smack her into reality. Oh God why did she hire this girl in the first place? Oh yeah for cheaper labour.

 

“Why did you order a double shot espresso when you know you can’t handle it?” Sakura grumbled, pouring the espresso shots into the cup carefully.

“Because she needed to take a shot at you.”

 

Upon realising, Kazuha gasped a little and quickly smirked “And how do you know she can’t handle coffee? Ain’t she from the US?”

That got Sakura’s attention, “How do you know she’s from the US?”

 

Kazuha raised her brows, hands folded. Lips still smirking. ‘Oho someone’s interested’

“Ugh. Fine. She told me that she can’t handle coffee that time. And also, she never ordered coffee.”

“So you remember her order~,” Kazuha owner. “Opss” , a piece of tissue paper slipped from her fingers, serves her right for teasing the cafe’s owner.

“Heh. In your face!” 

 

The younger crouched down to pick up the fallen tissue, and as she gets up, she realises the subtle way Sakura took care of her. The elder held the side of the counter so as to not let Kazuha’s head bumped to that. She blushes a little.

“It’s not wrong to admit she did get your attention, unnie” with a jerk of her tongue, Kazuha ran away into the kitchen.

Now it’s Sakura’s turn to blush.

 

It dawns upon Kazuha as she stares at her unnie from afar. It’s just Sakura. She acts like she doesn't care but she does.


 

*********


 

“Hi. Here’s your order,” Sakura forced a smile.

“Thank you,” Yunjin kept her eyes and a silly smile for Sakura. She eyed the waitress till she’s back behind the counter.

“Ughh you’re so hopeless. We’re wasting money coming here every day. Not everyone is rich like you. Just ask for her name and then her number. Or give her flowers instead and ask for a date,” Chaewon groaned. Tired of her hopeless friend.

“Oh she already did though,” a wild Eunchae suddenly appeared and quickly stole a sip from Yunjin’s double shot.

“What the fawk! This is coffee!”

“That’s what you get for stealing someone’s food!”

 

“Oh wait, you said she asked the waitress what?”

“She asked for her name,” now stealing a scoop of the cake, Eunchae just nonchalantly said.

“And?”

“She said her name is…,” Eunchae let out a sigh, “Ain’t Your Business”

 

“Ooh feisty,” Chaewon chuckled.

“And I like it,” Yunjin smiled. Taking a sip of her double shot and choking on it.

Chaewon rolled her eyes, “Of course you do.”

“THIS IS COFFEE!” She shouted. Gaining a look and heads up from the cashier and the barista.

 

“Told ya, she’s dumb,” Sakura shook her head.

“Ayye at least we got some money,” Kazuha just shrugged.

“True,” Sakura nodded, continuing her work.


 

 


 

Another day, another drink. Yunjin not even sure if her monthly allowance can keep up with this. But hey she’s Miss Americana and she can pull off some money from her savings. It ain’t hurting if it’s her future she’s chasing right?


 

Right before she entered the cafe, Sakura was behind the counter. But the moment the bell chimed and an enthusiastic golden retriever entered, the girl suddenly disappeared.

Yunjin felt her heart breaking into 3.
1 for heaven, 1 for the future and 1 for her possible first love.


 

“Hi, how may I help you? Coffee again today?” Kazuha teased, with a bright smile and small kick towards Sakura who was crouching down the counter.

“You know, I can’t really drink coffee.”

‘I know. Unnie told me that,’ Kazuha smiled to herself yet she’s faking a surprised reaction “Oh I never knew that.”

“Yeah…Gastric and stuff,” Yunjin sighed and rubbed her neck before continuing “Maybe… I don’t know.. Iced tea? Or… I don’t really know. What’s your suggestion?”

 

Kazuha’s heart sank a bit at the sullen look on Yunjin’s face. The customer looks like a kicked golden retriever. And Kazuha gets why her Sakura unnie finally cracked. Albeit just a little. Yunjin is just mesmerising and cute. With spoonfuls of hot spice laced to her.
Deciding to be a little cupid, Kazuha did the next best thing, recommending her co-worker’s favourite drink. For sure this lovesick puppy is going to order it, she convinced herself.

 

“What about matcha latte? Iced. My co-worker really loves it. It’s like, the next best thing after herself. Her words, not me,” Kazuha cocked her brows. Trying to scoop a reaction from Yunjin.

If Yunjin had never reacted so fast, she did now, “You mean, the… uhm…the pretty, no I mean you’re pretty too. But uhm…” she gulped.

“The feisty one?” Yunjin asked with a whisper.

Kazuha chuckled and nodded. Holding herself back after Sakura pinched her thigh.

She flicked her co-worker’s forehead and Sakura tried her best to stifle her pain.



 


 

Business has been running low lately. And they don’t know why. But the golden opportunity arrived and Kazuha took a chance on her.

 

“I’ll give you her number if you buy five of our drinks of the day with a side of chocolate croissant,”

‘Oh . If I buy it I’ll be broke. I just bought a new laptop.’

‘Damn the finance, gotta invest on my future’

“S..Sure.. Why Why not?”

Although she’s the one suggesting it, Yunjin must be the dumb one for blindly agreeing to it. Or she’s just loaded like that.

 

“You’re stupid,” “But these pies are good. So keep on being stupid,” was what she got from Chaewon upon bringing back home all the drinks and pastries. Sure she can just follow through Kazuha’s suggestion but as per thank you gesture for giving her Sakura’s number, she bought more than a week of supply due to her heart being too content.

 

Eunchae kept on babbling saying how she’s going to be broke no matter how rich she is due to her cowardice. “Just go and ask her out again,” the youngest said. “Or just kidnap her after her shift. Shove a baguette to her neck and then say ‘I’ll kill you if you say no’ and then slam her to the wall and bamm! Kiss!”

 

Chaewon took the drink from Eunchae to inspect if there were any drugs laced into it. She took a sip of it.

“I feel normal. So this means this girl is just naturally crazy,”

 

“Or I just watched too many dramas,” Eunchae said with stuffed. Accidentally spewing the crumbs all over their dorm.

 

3 smacks to the and a force shove down the throat were all it took to make the youngest being obedient.



 

“Anyway, you can try texting the number though. Can’t believe you don’t have the decency to check whether it’s true or not. What if she lied to you?” Chaewon sighed, leaning onto the couch, stomach filled and hunger treated.

“Nah Kazuha won’t lie. I trust her. Also I exchanged your number with her to get my soon to be wife’s number,” Yunjin sat up and ran to her room before Chaewon turned into a fierce cheetah.

“The !”


 

Rest assured as they got text calling them out for the noise from their downstairs neighbour.

 

“I! Can! Make! As! Much! Noise! As! I! Want!” Eunchae and Chaewon stomped their foot in retaliation.



 

Later that night, after 39 pats on her back and Eunchae blessing rituals, Yunjin finally got her courage and texted Sakura.


 

--> Hi pretty barista from Le Fleur, my name is Yunjin. And I love you.


 

“What the… Do you think she’s going to reply to this text?” Eunchae had never known someone could be more disappointing than her classmates during middle school.


 

Bzzztt

 

This is an automated response. Please do not reply.


 

“Tch, as expected,” Chaewon snickered.


 

—> If you ignore me then it means you are willing to marry me

 

“What the Yunjin. That’s creepy,”

“But brave. You told me I need to be straightforward and creative,”

 

Bzzztt

Wrong input. Please try, never.

 

—> I love you!

 

Thanks for contacting our customer service. G’night!


 

—> I will call the police on you. I know where you work and I know your.. job!

 

Input error

 

—>There’s no error in falling for you. Good night Sakura. I love you

 

🖕

 

—> Love you too 😘

 

The next text wasn’t delivered and Yunjin figured out that Sakura blocked her number. YEET!




 

*********



 

“Maybe she will consider you if you stop being so crazy,” yeap welcome again to the 20 times rejected Yunjin table. Chaewon chewed on her cheese sticks.

“No. I know she likes it straightforward,” Yunjin said, puffing up her chest.

“How do you know?” 

 

Well…. Back to a few weeks ago. Where yunjinion wrecked the brains hard but at least they got one important input. Pretty barista hates pitty-patter. Go all in or nothing at all.

 

A nervous wrecked Yunjin scored a gold medal today as she finally (not really she skipped her class for this) got Sakura to take her order, “Hi…” 

“Hi, welcome to Le fleur, what do you want to order?” 

“Uhm… Do you…” Yunjin looked around in case there’s another customer behind her.

“Uhm…”

Sakura arched her brows.

 

“Uhm one hot chocolate and uhm….”

Sakura keyed in her order and glared again. It’s not a good thing to do to your customer Sakura.

“Uhm are you… uhm… you know…” Yunjin fiddled.

Sakura sighed. Hands on the side of the counter. She knows what this girl is up to.

“Just tell me directly what you want. I hate small talk.”

 

Yunjin gulped. Yunjinion? Went astray. ‘Quick quick we need a reaction! Pickup lines or whatever! Quick!’

“Miss, please don’t waste my time,” she groaned.

“PLEASE GO OUT WITH ME!” 

“Look. You seem pretty young and I don’t want to be associated with school kids or whatever. And no. My answer is no.”

“But… but…”

“One hot chocolate and is there anything else?”

“No. Nothing,” Yunjin’s skies definitely turned dark and Yunjinion were on the verge of jumping out the brain.

“Okay that will be $2.25”

“Just… Keep the change…” Yunjin handed her a 5 and walked away.

 

“Miss, your hot chocolate.”

But the broken-hearted girl is already out of the cafe. 

“Haish….”



 

Yunjin may get rejected a lot more times than anyone can remember but one thing Yunjin never gives up. She started to po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter