Reaching Perfection

Reaching Perfection (Oneshot)

Myungsoo’s POV

There was this one thing that kept bugging me. All the members of my band knew my cold attitude and my ability to avoid getting into a temper. But with a certain boy it was completely different. He knew a way to piss me off without actually… doing anything in particular. He was just there.

I don’t know how you call that feeling, or emotion, but my mood darkens as soon as I see him getting up in the morning. The first thing I see when I open my eyes is the white ceiling. And I have that weird habit to turn my head to the right where he lies, soundly asleep, with that cute expression on his face. Most fans would squeal their lungs out at the view, but it just pisses me off.

Or rather than just pissing me off, it irks me to know that I have feelings for this boy. I have feelings that shouldn’t exist in our group, in our perfect synchronization.

The thing is I can’t do anything about it.

I tried to hide my emotions countless times, but it just comes back at me tenfold. If I finally calm down after not seeing him for a while, when he comes back, I suddenly feel the butterflies in my stomach.

It shouldn’t be like this. He’s a boy! With my looks and piercing gaze I could get any girl I want. But I don’t want a girl. And that’s the worst.

With such things buzzing on my mind all morning, I opened my eyes and looked to the right. It was completely out of habit, but this morning I didn’t see the face I was so used to seeing. I blinked a few times, trying to remember what was out schedule for today or where he could have been. But nothing came to my mind. We were supposed to have a day off.

“Mm,” I stretched my arms and sat up in the bed, still yawning. I looked at the clock, which told me that it was already noon.

Wow, and nobody came to wake me up.

With invisible steam coming out from my ears from thinking too much, I stepped out of my room and looked around. It was quiet. Almost too quiet for our dorm, if you know what I mean.

I scanned through the other rooms, but no one was around. The dorm was empty, except for me.

“Man, I hate this,” I snickered sarcastically and grabbed my phone only to find a message on the screen, waiting for me to read it. I clicked on it and narrowed my eyes.

Yo, sleepy man! You look so cute when you’re sleeping! Haha, don’t kill me~ All the members went to visit their families and we doubted that you would want to visit yours, so we didn’t wake you up. Don’t forget to eat and wait for us. I’m going to get back soon, so you won’t get bored, okay? Wait for me! Dongwoo, yeah! Peace!

Without even me knowing, a smile had already spread on my face.

And out of all the members, only he remembered to leave me a message on their whereabouts. I know that all of them cared, but only he was kind enough to show that care to me.

I was grateful. Instead of getting mad, I was happy. And I wanted him to return as soon as he could.

Without Infinite, I was so bored. I didn’t want to eat alone, so I decided to skip my breakfast and I just lied in front of the television, watching our yesterday’s performance again. It was perfect until I tripped over Hoya’s leg and just barely managed to avoid falling down and cover it up. Because I was so focused on the performance, I didn’t notice Hoya’s dorky smile that appeared on his face right after I tripped over his leg. It must have been funny to him.

I know that I shouldn’t make mistakes and avoid such situations, but nothing could be perfect, right? Fans love to call me a perfect being, but actually, they don’t know much about me. Only a few of them notice the mistakes I make, and half of those few think that making mistakes is something even perfect beings do. But do perfect beings have feelings for someone they shouldn’t? I guess not. That’s why I don’t feel perfect at all. I have way too many flaws in that aspect of my life.

I sighed rather deeply when I finished watching Big Bang’s perfect performance and turned off the television. As a group, we still had a long way to go. But with me stuck in one place it was pretty hard to do so. I knew that I had to take care of this problem sooner or later. I knew it, but I didn’t know the solution to it.

While I was thinking about Dongwoo and what I would tell him, I heard the door open. With a small smile on my face, I rushed to see who it was, but my smile was washed away when Woohyun raised his hand to wave at me.

“Hey there,” he said while taking off his shoes and coughed a few times.

I raised my eyebrows just slightly.

“Caught a cold?”

Woohyun shook his head and walked past me to get a glass of water.

“No, I didn’t. It’s just that… the neighbors threw out something stinky near our dorm again and the stench is horrible. Ugh. It’s killing my throat.”

I didn’t respond to his statement and just walked back into my room, falling down onto the bed and burying my face into the pillow. It didn’t even take a minute for Woohyun to poke his head into my room.

“You’re alone?” he asked, looking straight at me, while I turned my head to look at him.

“Yeah. Everybody left me alone.”

At first Woohyun smiled, but then he got all serious and walked over, sitting on the edge of my bed. I shot him a inquiring glance and he just shook his head slightly.

“I’m going to give you a massage.”

I raised my eyebrows in confusion, but didn’t object much. It was better than just lying lifelessly on the bed and thinking about one single boy, who had to return soon.

Woohyun placed his hands on my shoulders and positioned himself on my thighs. I groaned in discomfort, but he simply ignored the noise coming from me and moved his fingers tenderly across my back.

In the meantime, I was able to relax a little bit and annoying thoughts seemed to be leaving my mind one by one. And when I thought that it was almost over, Woohyun started to roll up my shirt, exposing my skin.

I raised my head in alarm and glared at him over my shoulder, but the boy was too focused on his urge to irritate me. Getting seriously pissed, I turned around beneath him and grabbed his wrists, stopping him from whatever he was doing.

“Yah. Are you out of your mind?” I asked, inquiring his expression. I couldn’t read it at all. It had too much emotions mixed in it.

“You looked so happy when Dongwoo did this to you. There was a smile on your face that we had never seen before.”

I widened my eyes at Woohyun’s words and my lips parted in surprise. Wait, what? When did Dongwoo do this to me? I don’t have any memory that such a thing had happened before.

“What do you mean?”

“I guess you were sleeping then,” he casually shrugged and got off me, moving his hands away from mine. “It happened this morning. When you had an awful morning wood.”

Woohyun’s words shocked me so much that I barely knew how to breathe or blink my eyes.

Oh my god, what were they doing to me when I was asleep?

“So… W-What did he do to me..?” I tried to ask as carefully as I could, but my voice still trembled as I spoke, exposing the nervousness I had tried to suppress.

“Ask him. I didn’t stay in your room to watch the whole process of it.”

Even if Woohyun’s face was serious, I sensed a hidden tingle of irony in his voice. It felt almost like he was laughing inside. Well, I don’t actually blame him. It would be funny to me, too. But not when I was the actual victim.

“I’m going out again, since I still have half of the day left. Want to go with me and have some fun?” suddenly Woohyun suggested and I shook my head in a few seconds.

“I don’t want to go anywhere. I want to rest,” I said as I laid back on my bed once again.

“Or wait for Dongwoo to return and please you,” the vocalist said and chuckled. “Sure, I won’t even interrupt you two. Have fun.”

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. That boy sure knew how to make fun of others. Oh, how much fun I will have when I find a way to make fun of him. But that issue won’t be solved, it’s not the time for it yet.

I watched him leave my room and then I covered my eyes with my hand, taking in a deep breath.

That bastard Dongwoo. If what Woohyun told me was true, then I’m going to punish that stupid dinosaur head. “I like him” my ! Maybe it wasn’t even me that liked him. Maybe it was my lower part of body. Oh god. That’s why I told the manager that I should sleep alone in the room.

I kept on cursing Dongwoo until the boy himself came into the room and flashed his usual smile at me. I looked at him like he was my most hated person, which caused him to stop in his tracks and question my look.

“Sorry for coming back late?”

I shook my head.

“Sorry for eating your ice cream?”

I shook my head once again.

“Sorry for sleeping on your bed when you were away in Japan?”

I rolled my eyes and shook my head one more time.

“Well then, I don’t know what you are so mad at me for,” he said as he scratched the back of his head. I didn’t say anything and just watched him put his things into places and fall on his bed in exhaustion.

A few minutes of silence passed and I was getting pissed as usual. But this time I had a proper reason for it.

“Did you… do anything to me while I was asleep?” I asked, looking straight into his eyes. He returned the look and raised his eyebrows.

“What do you mean? What would I do?”

I hesitated between telling him the thing that Woohyun had told me, but in the end, I was too curious to prevent myself from asking any further.

“Did I have a today?” I asked out of nowhere, causing Dongwoo to shoot up in his bed and widen his eyes. For a few seconds, I wondered what this reaction could mean.

“Why would I check if you had a ..?” he shook his head and laughed rather awkwardly. “I didn’t check. Did you want me to?”

My eyes narrowed automatically and a blush appeared on my cheeks. That was lying.

“Woohyun told me that I had a this morning and you were… doing something about it,” I explained as I looked away from the boy.

Dongwoo burst out laughing immediately while hitting his bed with his hands. He was laughing at Woohyun’s lie while I took it pretty serious.

I waited until Dongwoo stopped laughing out his lungs and crossed my arms over my chest.

“Actually,” the boy started, wiping away the tears that were already gathering in the corners of his eyes. “I told him to tell you this just out of pure entertainment, but I never thought he would actually do it. But it was some long time ago, I thought he had already forgotten about it.”

I eyed him suspiciously.

“Why did you do that?”

“To have you come at me with revenge,” he hissed and moved closer to me, already sitting on my bed. I had a strange urge to close the gap between us, but my ego didn’t let me, so I just moved farther away from him.

“Revenge? Why?”

I didn’t even care about words anymore. It was the actions that distracted me from it. Dongwoo placed his hand on top of my chest and moved it to my neck, my skin in a tender manner. I flinched away, but he just got even closer until he was a few centimeters away from my face.

“I thought that you might be in love with me, so I wanted to have a little bit of fun with you,” he whispered and my eyes widened almost instantly.

I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him away harshly enough for him to end up falling on the ground. I sat up in my bed, breathing furiously and looking at him like I was about to explode with anger and many other emotions that were taking over me.

“You are the biggest bastard in the whole world!” I screamed in a high pitched voice, which sounded like it didn’t quite belong to me, but I didn’t care anymore. This guy was making fun of me as much as Woohyun did previously! “People like you should rot in hell.”

A sad expression took over Dongwoo’s face and he pouted his lips in a cute manner, but I didn’t bother to care much about it. To be exact, I just wanted to punch his face at this moment, in order to calm down my guts.

“It doesn’t mean…” he started as he lowered his head, but I seriously didn’t want to listen to his obvious excuses.

“I don’t care! I hate you!”

“Whoa, it’s actually my first time seeing L so mad and emotional.”

I turned to the door where Woohyun was standing and shot him a deadly glare. He got the message and closed the door behind him, probably going to hide in some corner.

Then I looked back at Dongwoo, who was still sitting on the ground and nibbling on his lower lip. I was about to say something more or cuss at him, but he was faster than me.

“I have feelings for you too. I just don’t know a way to express them. I thought I could try it like that, but it didn’t work. It seems that I just have angered you.”

My whole body froze and all I could do was to stare at the boy before my eyes.

It took me a minute to snap back into my senses.

“Wait, what do you mean?” I asked, shaking my head and attempting to take in all the information.

He didn’t respond. He simply got up on his legs again and took a few steps forward, almost closing the gap between us again. I stared at him in confusion and watched what he would do.

It was too late to move away when his lips suddenly landed on mine. I only had time to widen my eyes once again.

His lips were on mine. They were touching. We were kissing. We were kissing like nothing else in this world mattered more than our kiss. I didn’t even realize that I was kissing back with as much passion as he was putting into the kiss.

I didn’t even realize what kind of feeling had bloomed in my heart a few months ago.

When he moved away, I reflexively lunged forward to catch his lips again, but stopped myself mid-way.

He was looking at me with a smile on his face. And then I heard the words.

“I love you too.”

I felt like everything had found its places in this world. Everything felt almost too right… This is what perfection was all about.