Chapter one

Teenage Dilemma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lee Hyein! Fighting!"

 

"Heesoo sunbae! Good luck!"

 

The seventeen year old looked over to her classmates cheering on the female basketball team of their school in a quite bored manner. Haerin couldn't care less about sports but she promised her best friend, Heesoo, that she'd support her in this new activity she allegedly showed interest in lately. The older girl joined the basketball team just a month ago and Haerin was pretty much at every practice her beloved friend had, just so she could be there whenever the new team member needed her. Haerin was always like that; she loved her friends yet sometimes she didn't quite understand them.

 

"Look at her! She's so tall and pretty! Go Hyein-ah!" The girl couldn't help but feel pity towards Hanni, who has been a big fan of the young player since day one. See, Haerin never understood this type of behavior; she never idolized someone before, not even kpop idols. She found Hanni a little bit too obsessive, sometimes even creepy on how much she liked Hyein, yet the younger girl never acknowledged her existence to this day. Too bad that particular basketball player never noticed the petite girl since all her focus was on the ball. 

 

On the other hand Jihye, also known as Danielle by her close friends, was crushing hard on the new addition to the team. This is something Haerin could understand to some extent; Jihye was in love. What she didn't understand was why her classmate delayed confessing her feelings. Yet again, Haerin didn't know anything about that kind of love, so she chose not to judge her. Haerin always encouraged Jihye to at least talk to Heesoo, thing that Jihye did but not to the extent Haerin hoped for. Both Heesoo and Jihye were her friends and she always thought they'd make a great couple but it wasn't in her position to play matchmaker.

 

"Ah, Haerin-ah… Will she ever be mine?" Jihye leaned her head on Haerin's shoulder and sighed. Haerin sighed as well; she heard that question too many times already. "You know what, I'll ask her to hang out with me tomorrow after school. She's your best friend, do you think she'll accept?" 

 

"From what I recall, she doesn't have any after school activities tomorrow so yeah, go for it." 

 

"I just fear the worst. What if she thinks I'm a total weirdo? When I get excited I just can't shut up. What if I say something stupid and I'll upset her?"

 

"Just do it, Dani. You got nothing to lose." Haerin said, her focus from the team was totally interrupted by Hanni who left the gym in a hurry. Of course Hanni had to leave. There would have been a catastrophe about to happen if she was to say hi to Hyein. Haerin rolled her eyes in a sarcastic way and looked over the ring to the five members again.

 

"See? Hanni's a weirdo and I don't want to be seen like that." Dani put a smile on her face and stood up as the team members approached them. "Sunbae, have some water. Are you done for the day?" 

 

Heesoo looked over to the captain, who just nodded at her as she grabbed her own water bottle. Haerin caught hers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter