Here's My Number ;)

Call Me Maybe

"One iced latte and one piece of tuna pie, please."

 

Is this the so-called love at first sight?

 

"Excuse me? Mister cute barista, are you alright?"

"Huh? What?"

"My order?"

"What order— O-Of course! Right away, Sir!"

 

Jongwoon punched the order into the machine while also punching himself in his head. Great. He just showed his stupid side to his future husband. He must look like a clown in the handsome stranger's eyes. That or a creep. Equally good. Yup. He gave himself an imaginary kick for a good measure before taking the payment. His heart skipped and he almost squealed like a squirrel falling off a tree, noticing while handing change that their hands fit perfectly. That was a sign that they were made for each other! Right, he had a great idea to get to know his future husband!

 

"Um, what is your name? You know, so I can call you when the order is done?"

 

The strange raised his thick and sharp brows and Jongwoon fell harder for the cute mole under his right eye.

 

"I'm literally standing at the counter, with no customers behind me?"

"Yes, that's true, but, um, it's about following our cafe's regulations?"

"I see. It's my first time here so I don't know about that."

 

His future husband smiled and he almost melted into a puddle of love.

 

"Cho Kyuhyun, nice to meet you."

"I-I am Kim Jongwoon! Nice to meet you too!"

 

Jongwoon beamed his best beam and sneakily offered his hand. He heard a wedding march and saw a cupid blowing a trumpet in his head when the handsome guy held his hand. God. He wanted to be held by this pair of warm and large hands forever! He grinned like the fool in love he is and kept grinning even after the handshake. Ah, his future husband is handsome even when he smirks!

 

"Jongwoon-ssi, my order?"

"Huh? Crap! Yes! One iced latte and one tuna pie coming!"

 

Kyuhyun's charming chuckle made his cheeks burn hotter. Perfect. Because being a fool wasn't enough so he wanted to be an ultimate fool instead. Luckily, the tall customer already turned his attention to his phone. Although he showed a lot of his unseemly side, he still wanted to chase the stranger. So, when the other man was typing something on his phone, Jongwoon wrote his phone number on the paper cup. He handed the items plus his number to his future husband but Kyuhyun didn't even look at them, busy scrolling the screen in one hand. He expectantly watched the taller man sit down at the counter by a window, waiting for him to see the nine digits written in black ink. However, Kyuhyun's eyes were glued to the screen and he drank the latte without ever glancing at the cup. In the end, his future husband crumbled the paper cup and threw it in a trash bin before leaving, not even picking up his attempt to flirt.

 

"..."

 

 

Kim Jongwoon, failed!

 

*******************************************

 

"Can I have a cup of hot chocolate and two egg tarts?"

"Anything for you, Kyuhyun-ssi!"

 

After a few days, Kyuhyun visited his cafe again and Jongwoon attacked the man with his most beautiful smile while taking an order. However, it didn't seem to work as the caramel-haired man merely nodded with a polite smile. He was disappointed but wouldn't give up easily. What is true love without obstacles? While making the beverage, he chatted with his future husband about anything he could think of. Although Kyuhyun didn't seem to be a talkative person, the man listened to his complaint attentively.

 

"So, the stray kitten I take care of suddenly disappeared! I'm so worried about him... Hopefully, he is fine and happy somewhere."

"And you're as kind as you're cute."

"Huh? Did you say something just now?"

"Is that my order?"

"Oh, yeah, enjoy!"

 

Jongwoon smiled pleasantly and handed the order to the handsome guy. Unbeknownst to his crush, he actually wrote down his number on the paper towel wrapped around the beverage. After Kyuhyun finished the drink, he definitely had to wipe his mouth so no better place than this! Because there was another customer behind Kyuhyun, he couldn't keep watching his future husband and had to work. Luckily, Kyuhyun seemed to be in no hurry today and leisurely enjoyed his drink. When the gorgeous guy finished his hot chocolate and picked up the paper towel, Jongwoon held his breath and prayed in his heart: please noticed it! Kyuhyun lifted the paper towel closer and...

 

... Sneezed into it.

 

Jongwoon was utterly speechless as he watched his future husband blow his nose in the paper towel, so hard that his shoulders trembled. After that, Kyuhyun folded it and threw it in a trash bin just like the first time. The only thing that changed this time was, Kyuhyun smirking and giving him a wink before leaving. It was enough to make him forget the blasphemy that the man did to his poor number. Well, although he failed, he still got a bit closer to his future husband so that should count for something, right?

 

 

Kim Jongwoon, failed again!

 

*****************************************

 

After Kyuhyun became another regular customer at his cafe, Jongwoon paused his number-giving plan and focused on seducing(?) his future husband first. He always smiled sweetly and purred the taller man's name when calling him to get his order. Although Kyuhyun didn't show any signs of reciprocating his flirting, he did notice a strange glint in those round brown eyes that made him shiver in a good way. At least Kyuhyun didn't reject him! Sometimes he wondered if he should have just asked Kyuhyun for the number, or better yet, asked for permission to pursue him. But he always changed his mind in the end. Where is the fun in that? Plus, he didn't want to appear too eager and accidentally scared his future husband away...

 

"I'd like a green tea set paired with two pieces of toast and chocolate spread."

"Right away for you! By the way, don't you think today's weather is quite lovely? Truly perfect for lounging in a relaxing place like my cafe~"

"You're much lovelier than the weather, Jongwoon-ssi."

"Pardon? I was punching the order so I couldn't catch your words clearly... Silly me!"

"I said, that's a lovely idea and I totally agree."

 

Jongwoon blushed and almost dropped the change when the handsome customer suddenly winked. He coughed and informed his crush that he would bring the order to his table. Ah, Kyuhyun is too gorgeous! Where did that wink come from!? Is Kyuhyun flirting back or is he just very friendly!? His was pounding with hope and uncertainty as he prepared the man's order. While he was about to spread the toast, an awesome idea greeted him. His future husband seemed to be in a good mood today so he shouldn't mind his silly attempt to give a number! Laughing proudly to himself, Jongwoon took the chocolate topping bottle and, putting the bread side by side, used it to write his number on the two pieces of toast. He also drew kissing lips and a heart just in case the other party didn't get the hint. There is no way Kyuhyun would miss something so obvious as this, right? With that happy thought in mind, he brought the order to the caramel-haired man while humming.

 

...Only to be rendered speechless as Kyuhyun put the two pieces of toast together and ate it like a sandwich.

 

No, my phone number and love! Jongwoon cried in his heart as his feelings didn't get through to the other man again. Why did his perfect plans keep failing? Should he just be direct from the beginning? Or... Maybe Kyuhyun actually noticed everything but he pretended to be stupid because he didn't like him... Should he... give up on this fleeting crush...?

 

"Oh, I almost forgot. Jongwoon-ssi, there's something I want to show you."

"Huh? Yes?"

"Here, do you remember this kitten?"

 

Kyuhyun showed him a picture on his phone and he instantly brightened up. It was the stray kitten that disappeared not long ago! The little milk ball looked happy and healthy lying in a teenage girl's arms. His soft fur looked so clean and pristine unlike what he last remembered and even seemed to gain weight. He looked away from the picture and met the taller man's gaze who smiled gently at him.

 

"After what you told me that time, I began to ask around and eventually found out through my acquaintance that this girl saw the kitten in the rain and adopted him. Look, they're a perfect match and look really happy. So, Jongwoon-ssi doesn't have to worry anymore. You're prettier when you smile." 

 

He felt like Kyuhyun said something more but his brain didn't catch it, too busy screaming and rolling in happiness. He just said it like a passing remark and never asked for help, yet Kyuhyun took his words seriously and went to such a length for him. Even though they were just strangers and his crush had no obligation to go through all the trouble... No! He would never give up on his future husband!! He must have a happy ending with Cho Kyuhyun! But first thing first...

 

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing..."

 

Jongwoon looked at the toast in the other man's hand and sighed. First, he needed to come up with a better plan to give his number... Specifically, one that Kyuhyun couldn't discard so easily like the first three attempts...

 

 

Kim Jongwoon, failed yet again!

 

***************************************************

 

It had been a few months now since Kyuhyun became a regular at his cafe. Yet they still didn't exchange numbers... They were like friends now and even bantered casually, but neither of them took another step to advance their relationship. Jongwoon was still determined to give his number to his future husband in his own way. Although he couldn't tell if his crush had started to develop any romantic feelings for him or not, the fact that the caramel-haired man visited him weekly was enough to keep him going. Most importantly, he had come up with a perfect plan to subtly(?) give his phone number to Kyuhyun! He disguised it as a tent card and put it on his crush's favorite table. Surely, Kyuhyun would notice it now that he couldn't throw it away!

 

"Hi, Kyuhyun! What would you like today?"

"You?"

"Huh? Come again?"

Kyuhyun smiled, "you can recommend me something."

"I see! Then, how about a mixed smoothie and bacon sandwich?"

"Lovely~"

 

Kyuhyun winked and Jongwoon pouted, knowing that the customer again. He was happy that his future husband liked to but it wasn't good for his poor heart! The taller man chuckled as if he wanted to tease the barista more but his phone rang first. Kyuhyun nodded to excuse himself and headed to his regular table after answering the call. He couldn't help but wonder about the caller. He had never seen his crush smiling that happily before... The kind of smile where both Kyuhyun's lips and eyes were smiling... In fact, Kyuhyun was so engrossed in the phone call that he didn't notice him bringing the order. The gorgeous guy didn't even look at the drink and sandwich, let alone the tent card. Although he knew that it was rude, he couldn't help the curiosity and anxiety clawing at his heart. So, he pretended to wipe the table behind his future husband and cautiously snuck a glance at the other man's phone...

 

Kyuhyun was talking to a beautiful woman who had cute twins boy in her arms.

 

Oh. So, that's the reason why none of his foolish attempts got through Kyuhyun. His future husband already had a beautiful wife and two cute sons. Jongwoon felt his cheeks getting warmer out of shame. He had been flirting with a married man all this time... No wonder Kyuhyun liked to . He must look like a clown in the other party's eyes. Heartbroken, guilty, and ashamed, Jongwoon couldn't even pretend to face his ex-crush normally. He headed to the staff room and told his younger brother to man the cafe while he left early, lying that he didn't feel good. He didn't even bother to wait and get rid of the stupid tent card with his phone number. After all, Kyuhyun was never interested in him.

 

 

Kim Jongwoon, utterly failed.

 

*****************************************************

 

Two weeks later...

 

 

Jongwoon sighed. He had been avoiding going to his cafe for many days now. He didn't know how to face his ex-crush and didn't want to. Who would want to meet their crush again after accidentally finding out that he actually had a family? Definitely not him. During the past weeks, he lied to Jongjin that he was feeling stressed and wanted to take a short break from work. His little brother understood him and didn't mind covering his shift. He knew from Jongjin that a man was looking for him but his sharp little brother lied and didn't give away any information. He felt bad for suddenly leaving like that. Kyuhyun must be confused. However, he really didn't want to see the man again and opened his wound. He spent most of his time hiding in his room and watching tragedy movies. One day, he got a call from an unknown number but he wasn't in the mood to chat with anyone so he just blocked it. He thought that Kyuhyun would stop looking for him and never come back again and he could go back to his dull life. However, Jongjin told him one day that he had agreed to meet his friends and couldn't cover his shift. So, he had no choice but to face the reality, hoping that Kyuhyun wouldn't come here.

 

 

Of course, luck was never on his side...

.

.

.

.

"Jongwoon!! You finally show up! Where have you been all this time? Never mind, that's not important now. You actually mis—"

"I wanna eat ice cream! Lot of ice cream!!"

"Sandwich!! Tuna sandwich with loooot of mayo!"

 

Jongwoon smiled weakly. Great. Not only he had to see his ex-crush again but also his sons. Go ahead. Kill him and bury him at once. He ignored the father of the twins and kneeled down to greet the boys. Although it hurt so much, he loved children so he didn't mind getting to know the twins.

 

"Hello, you can call me Jongwoon hyung. What is your name?"

"I'm Hajun!"

"I'm Yejun!"

""And this is Uncle Kyu!""

"Aw, nice to meet— Huh? Did you just say...?"

"Kids, go sit at the table and uncle will bring your snack for you."

 

Kyuhyun told the twins to leave and turned to smile at him. Jongwoon wasn't stupid so he immediately realized that he actually misunderstood his crush. Seeing his reddened cheeks, Kyuhyun chuckled and nodded.

 

"Yes, they're my nephews, not my children. My noona can't pick them up from kindergarten today so I go in her place."

"Oh, I-I see... My bad? Hahaha... Sorry..."

 

Too embarrassed to keep looking at his crush, Jongwoon excused himself to make their orders and hoped that the taller man didn't notice his rosy cheeks. A total failure. Kyuhyun definitely saw it or else he wouldn't smirk with shining eyes like that! Ugh, he feels like an idiot now! But judging by how Kyuhyun tried to find him and solve the misunderstanding, he still had some chance to win over his future husband, right? Jongwoon cheered himself up and brought out the big guns. For Kyuhyun's iced latte, he meticulously created a cute penguin and turtle out of milk foam, lounging in the tall glass. Both animals carried a heart while beaming. He knew Kyuhyun had a penguin keychain and his cafe's mascot was a turtle. Surely, someone very smart like that guy would notice it quickly, right? He calmed his crazy heartbeat and brought the order to the customers. That was when Jongwoon realized that his crush wasn't at the table. He hesitated. Should he wait until Kyuhyun came back to serve the order? But the twins seemed to be hungry... In the end, he decided to put the tray on the table and smiled at the children. His future husband probably shouldn't take long to come back anyway.

 

"Hajun-ah, Yejun-ah, why don't you eat something while waiting for your uncle—"

""PENGUIN!!!""

 

The boys squealed and snatched the iced latte glass from the tray instead of their snacks, fascinated by the adorable milk foam animals. Then, the twins had a mini fight as they tried to pull the glass toward themselves. The creamy liquid in the tall glass and the milk foam decorations shook scarily while the two boys yanked the glass back and forth. Jongwoon tried to coax them but failed. Eventually, the iced latte slipped out of the children's grasps and spilled on the table, dirtying his apron and jeans. The penguin and turtle made from milk foam rode the flowing latte wave and slid off the table into a miserable splash on the floor...

 

"Hajun! Yejun! What are you doing!?"

 

Kyuhyun who came back and witnessed the last minute of the disaster scolded the twins. The children then apologized to Jongwoon while in tears. He couldn't bear seeing them cry so he casually brushed it off, saying that he just had to change. After that, Kyuhyun coaxed his nephews and taught them to not do it again. The two boys made a pinky promise with their uncle and ate their snacks, all the while Jongwoon wiped the table and mopped the floor. He couldn't help a pang of sadness pricking his heart as he looked at what used to be milk foam decorations. Now they became just dirty mop water. What should he do...? Should he just directly ask Kyuhyun out like what a normal person would do...?

 

"Jongwoon-ah,"

"Huh? Yes?"

"I'll take the twins to my parents and see you later. You don't have any plans after this, right?"

"After changing my clothes? Um, yeah, I'm free."

"Awesome! Can you unblock my number so I can call you after I'm done?"

"What? Me? Blocking you? When?"

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and wink.

 

"Jongwoon-ah, I saw and memorized your phone number since the first attempt with the paper cup~"

"First attempt— Wait, what!!? For real!!? B-But then... How!? Why!?"

"Why didn't I tell you or give you a call? Because I'm excited to see what methods you'll come up with next~ You're really cute, looking so serious while writing down your number~ As for why I didn't call you, I prefer coming to the cafe and seeing you in person. Ever since our first meeting, I can't take my eyes off you, Jongwoon-ah."

"You what—? Wait, then, you know I like you and you also like me? Were you actually flirting with me all this time?"

"Exactly. I thought you already knew it and that we were playing push-and-pull together. Who would have thought that all the innuendo just flew over your cute head."

"... When I asked what you wanted to order and you said 'me'. O-Or when you looked me in the eyes and said you wanted to try everything I could offer...?"

"Yes, I'm talking about you, Kim Jongwoon."

 

Jongwoon groaned while hiding his burning face in his palms. God. So embarrassing! How could he not pick up that flirtatious tone or roaming gaze over his body!? He shouldn't have bothered with his silly plans and just threw himself at Kyuhyun from the beginning! Hearing his future husband's teasing snort only made him want to bite his tongue and die more. Despite that, he still let the other man gently pry his hands to reveal his reddened face.

 

"Sorry, I won't tease you anymore. You should change clothes and find someone to look after the cafe. I'll call you after I send the twins home."

"But you didn't tell me your number yet... I mean, not from your own mouth..."

"Alright, listen carefully~ My number is 130469."

"What? That's not a phone number."

 

Kyuhyun smirked suspiciously and bowed his head to whisper in his ear.

 

"... That's my house's password number."

"!!?"

 

Kyuhyun dropped a nuclear bomb and took his earlobe between the teeth, and it until he moaned. Jongwoon was so glad that the kids already left to wait in the car and that Kyuhyun was the only customer in the cafe, or else he wouldn't know how to keep his face! The teasing future husband finally pulled away but not before dropping a light kiss on his pulse on the neck. Then, Kyuhyun left with a casual wave over his shoulder while he stayed in a place like a statue. It took him a while to process what the hell just happened and realized that he is about to get laid...

 

 

Kim Jongwoon, huge success!!

 

*************************************************

 

Author's note:

We're still on the road of fluff kyusung~ It's really fun to write something sweet and simple, just no thought head empty and enjoy kyusung  xD

Announcement!

No update next Sunday cuz I'll post on KyuSung Day on Thursday instead. Plz look forward to it!

 

Take care and love you  <3