She's Back

Alchemy Of Souls - Season 2 (Alternate Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue:

 

The Unanimous Assembly were in chaos. Everyone was suddenly up off their seats as they try to process just who was standing now right in front of them. This is not who they expected when they asked the leader of Jinyowon to introduce her child.

They have the right to meet the powerful priestess, is what they insisted after finding out that the Jin's finally found her. How can Jin Hogyeong have her precious daughter be hidden from everyone for three long years?

But now that the eldest daughter of Jin is right in front of them, there were no warm welcome nor greetings that was said.

How can a dead person be here? Is all they were asking. Because no. This can't be Jin Buyeon.

“It's Naksu.”

"Mudeok."

Both the former and present leader of Songrim uttered at the same time.

"Danggu." Park Jin quickly throw a look at the younger man beside him.

Danggu was quick to shake his head knowing exactly what his Uncle was going to ask. Sharing the same confusion as everyone else he looked back at the lady in the center of all the attention. 

Wearing a light shade of green of a dress in silk, and her dark black hair let down adorned in small flowers, the young lady stood with an air of confidence just like the leader of Jinyowon beside her. The oldest daughter of Jinyowon was said to be blind but now she was looking at everyone else in the hall as if she was studying them, a small smile planted on her lips as if she was enjoying everyone's agony. Is she?

Danggu was just even more confused.

How can she be the Jin's lost daughter when her face is also clearly Mudeok's?

Naksu's, the assassin who killed lots of mages before she jumped off that cliff to her death.

It's been three years.

Danggu swallowed the lump on his throat remembering again that fateful encounter which lead to where he is now. How he almost but never became a part of the Jin family. If that didn't happened three years ago then maybe he would know who exactly is standing right in front of them. No one has really known what is happening inside the Jinyowon for years. So how would he? 

“I really don't know Uncle.” Danggu muttered, eyes suddenly filled with sadness and fear.

 

-*

 

Just right outside the hall was his once bethroted, biting on her fingernails as she paced here and there, curious and nervous on what is happening now inside. She was appointed by her mother to stay there outside and she knows exactly who her mother was making her lookout for.

“Choyeon."

She spun so quick because there he is. Yes she was expecting him but also no she is not expecting him to be here because he was never invited on this kind of meetings. Nor he voluntarily went to any of it.

So why is he here now?

“Uk.” She uttered, rushing to stand in front of him “They’re not letting anyone inside right now.”

The guy raises a brow, no hint of smile on his face as he just stared at her for a second before nodding and Choyeon knows it is not because he is actually agreeing to what she just said.

"What's happening?" He asked and Choyeon looked down at her feet instead of meeting his gaze.

She shakes her head.

"They must be talking about something important so we're not supposed to go in there."

"We." He deadpanned.

Uk let out a sigh before he looked at the stairs that lead inside. Choyeon slowly looked up at him again and the moment he took a step to walk past her, she hold onto his sleeves.

"Uk please. Let's just stay here."

Or better yet just leave. She wanted to add but didn't. Her mother will kill her if she won't be able to make him stay.

 

-*

 

“She is my long lost daughter Buyeon.” Lady Jin said the words loud and clear. "I have searched for her for years and now we're finally together. The reason I have hidden her is exactly because of this reaction."

The people in the assembly were shaking their heads not really believing the leader of Jinyowon. Everyone was talking above each other but none of them really wants to come closer to the lady beside Jin Hogyeong. 

“Let’s listen first to all that Lady Jin have to say.” This time Master Heo Yeom finally speaks. "Maybe it really..."

The old man paused and after a second shakes his head. His face masks the faces of everyone else. He also couldn't believe it was not Naksu.

“She is supposed to be dead.” one man yelled

“Didn’t you forget what she did three years ago?” then followed by another

“Jang Uk was almost killed but lucky for him he came back alive unlike our other young mages.”

“She is Naksu.” Master Heo Yeom finally give in to what he is really thinking. "Lady Jin, what are you planning to do?"

The leader of Jinyowon looked somehow hurt at the old man's accusation but she didn't say anything back to him.

Soon everyone was yelling and cursing saying that they will not be fooled. Park Jin and Danggu was quiet, not wanting to add fuel to the fire but still give a wary look to the young lady beside Lady Jin.

Jin Hogyeong moved close to her daughter as if trying to shield the lady with everyone's disdainful stare. As if it will actually do anything.

“I would not!” Then Lady Jin shouted. “Let anyone call my daughter by other names other than Buyeon.”

Lady Jin looks in panic and that's why everyone was doubting her more. The womans hands were shaking and it looks like all it took was for the younger lady beside her to hold her hand for her to breathe.

"Mother." And the young lady finally speaks. "Everyone." She then addresses the crowd.

The crowd immediately went silent upon hearing her voice. Looks of fear, worry and loathing was directed to the one they all believe was Naksu. Yet someone who Jin Hogyeong was insisting to be her daughter Buyeon.

"That woman." The lady's chin was held up high as she looked at each and everyone as she speaks "That assassin you all hate was no longer inhabiting my body." She told them before looking at Lady Jin as if asking for confirmation.

And despite everything the older Jin smiled, squeezing the hand of her daughter as she nodded. It was what Master Lee has told her after they rescued her daughters body in the lake.

Naksu is gone.

"That wicked assassin that take over your bod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter