4/6

meet me halfway.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon’s parents start to worry. Their son is supposed to be mated by now but, no, he is still not claimed. Did the alpha turn him down? But their son seems to look happy.

They wonder what is actually going on between the two. Junmyeon’s father decides to meet up with Chanyeol one day, but the elder stops his footsteps once he witnesses the pair hugging in his wife’s garden behind their hut.

He still has his doubts, so interrupting them with a fake cough, he calls the two over inside where his wife is waiting. The pair are seated next to each other, hands clasped together.

Junmyeon’s parents exchange looks of confusion. Junmyeon’s mother begins with a gentle smile, calming her alpha with a swift glare since his scent is deafening the atmosphere, “Do we need to know something, dear?”

Junmyeon shakes his head in reply, fiddling with the tall alpha’s digits. Junmyeon’s father shifts his gaze to Chanyeol, cutting to the chase, “Why aren’t you two bonded yet?”

Junmyeon blushes heavily but, Chanyeol looks collected. He has expected one of their parents to pop the question.

“We want to take it slow, Father. While waiting for Junmyeon’s heat, we’re catching up on the little things we missed before for a stronger bond. Please accept my apology for not telling you sooner.”

Junmyeon has a tight hold on Chanyeol’s hand, dreading his father’s response. Chanyeol has indeed told the truth. “I see,” Junmyeon’s mother is grinning, feeling happy for the pair of the cute decision but, it is not the same for Junmyeon’s father.

“Make sure he’s safe,” The elder alpha gets to his feet, “There were tons of alphas from the other day who had their eyes on my son. You know what they’ll do if they find out there’s an unclaimed omega from the ceremony.”

Junmyeon gulps, totally forgetting about the consequences of an unmated omega from a mating ceremony. Even though a pair can take their time with their bond, some outsiders will assume the omega has been thrown out or rejected by their chosen alpha.

So they will share the omega together whether the omega likes it or not.

“I’ll never let it happen, Father.”

The elder alpha leaves the hut with Junmyeon’s mother apologizing to Chanyeol on his behalf before she, too, leaves. “It won’t happen, right?” Chanyeol peers down at the omega who has fear in his eyes.

“Of course,” He noses into Junmyeon’s temple, releasing his scent to soothe the omega, “I’ll keep you safe.” Junmyeon nuzzles his nose onto Chanyeol’s cheek, his eyelids about to close when his gaze lands on the alpha’s lips.

Come to think of it, they never kissed yet. Junmyeon lowers his vision to their hands, too shy to ask for one. Only humans kiss to show their love. Wolves’ ways of showing their affection are by marking their scents, nuzzling here and there.

Junmyeon does not know whether the alpha feels the same, so he will not ask for one. He does not want to make Chanyeol uncomfortable.

+++

It is just another night the pair are cuddled up together.

Junmyeon cannot sleep. The alpha seems to be in a deep slumber. A soft smile marks Junmyeon’s lips as he cards his fingers through Chanyeol’s brown locks. His gaze lowers to the alpha’s mouth.

Junmyeon gulps quietly. No matter how hard he tries, he cannot stop being curious. Bringing down his hand, he cups Chanyeol’s jaw gently, not wanting to disturb the alpha’s sleep.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter