1/6

meet me halfway.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon and Chanyeol have been crushing on each other since they were but both are too shy with one another so they only exchange hi's, hello's, and lingering gazes as they grow up until Junmyeon nears the age to mate and the only alpha he has in mind no other than Chanyeol.

The wolves on the land consist of two alpha leaders' packs. Junmyeon's father's group is from the south and Chanyeol's father's side is from the east.

They have been living in harmony for two decades. Breaking off the old ridiculous culture. Fighting off unwanted guests as well as hunters. Chanyeol has recently been the leader of the security of their territory.

Junmyeon always rushes to the border once the wolves on duty return home from patrolling, his eyes only searching for one alpha. This has been a thing ever since Chanyeol was a trainee years ago.

There was an incident back then that Junmyeon could never forget, so he makes sure the alpha returns with no injuries. Once his gaze meets the towering alpha, Chanyeol sends a small smile directed to Junmyeon only.

Junmyeon becomes shy like always, returning it with a bashful one. After he witnesses Chanyeol withdrawing to his hut, Junmyeon runs to his own, smiling like crazy.

Junmyeon's father shakes his head, swapping knowing looks with his wife.

+++

Junmyeon cuddles up next to his mother, wanting to crash in their hut to sleep already but the rest are engrossed in exchanging haunted stories, seated around the campfire the elder alphas made.

Once he catches a familiar earthy smell akin to a drenched wood, Junmyeon is wide awake. His head rises from resting on his mother's shoulder, looking for the source of it, not caring about the slight sprain on his neck.

Chanyeol's eyes connect with his. Junmyeon blinks multiple times, wondering if he is dreaming so he pinches his arm. It hurts. The omega takes another look at Chanyeol across the fire only to be stared back.

Junmyeon smiles bashfully. He steals another glance at the alpha only for the taller pointing at his mouth. He sends the other a questioning look.

Chanyeol lets out a silent chuckle before pointing to his lips again and trailing his forefinger down to his chin. Junmyeon touches the pointed spot. His eyes turn wide once something wet makes contact with his fingertips.

It is his drool. Junmyeon flushes heavily out of embarrassment, rubbing it away fiercely with the hem of his knitted shirt made out of fur. He cannot ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter