01 -

Myungsoo's Birthday

"That's a wrap! Thank you for working hard today, you guys!" the director shouted, signaling the end of work.

A tired Myungsoo gave a low sigh, massaging the back of his neck, trying to ease the tiredness he felt from an entire day of filming. He ran to his bag eagerly and pulled out his phone, looking forward to a text from a particular someone.

To: Oppa <3
Sent 13.03.12 1.57am
Oppa! Text me when you've ended work! Doesn't matter what time ^^

To: Elephant
Sent 13.03.12 4.31am
Just ended work.

To: Oppa <3
Sent 13.03.12 4:32am
Shall we meet at our usual place? ^__^

To: Elephant
Sent 13.03.12 4.33am
Ok.

Although feeling totally drained out, and all he really wanted was to go back to his dorm and rest, he would no doubt rather see his precious girl instead. Grabbing his belongings and thanking everybody for the last time, he got into his company car and his manager drove off.

"Hyung, to the company please."

"Ah, meeting her?" the manager gave him a knowing grin.

"Yeah," Myungsoo shot him a small smile and laid his head on the cushioned headrest, taking advantage of the 20 minutes ride to try to catch a bit of sleep.

Waking up from his nap he rubbed his eyes and took in his surroundings, realizing that he has just reached his destination. Thanking his manager for the ride, he rushed out of the car and ran into the building. He tapped his foot impatiently as he took the elevator up to the top floor. It had been so long since he last saw his girlfriend, and he had missed her so much. Climbing the flight of stairs that led him to the rooftop, he quickly turned off his phone to prevent any disturbance.

Reaching the top, he looked around and saw her standing by the railings with her back facing him. Wrapping his arms around her waist possessively from the back, he inhaled the scent of her hair which he missed so dearly.

"Did you miss me?"

Turning around and giving her boyfriend a big wide smile, she nodded her head vigorously like a little kid.

"Happy birthday oppa!" she dug through the pocket of her hoodie and took out a small box with a card attached to it. "Here you go, but don't open it till you get home!" she took one of his hands and placed the gift on his palm.

"Thank you," he gave a genuine smile that he rarely showed to anyone. He turned her around, making her back face him again as he hug her waist once again. Resting his chin on her head, he let out a sigh.

"We should really be going right now, but let's just stay like this for a while more, yeah?"

He didn't want to part so soon because he didn't know how long it would be till he saw her again. If Myungsoo had a choice, he would want this moment to never end. Hugging his love like that was total bliss to him, being with her was his escape from all the stress he was facing. Jiae finally broke the comfortable silence after a while.

Oppa, you have a schedule later on. You should go home and get some sleep or you'll be really tired.” Knowing Myungsoo, she was sure he was going to assure her that he'll be fine, “I know you're going to say its fine and you'll be okay but you need your rest. You wouldn't want me to worry when you collapse from exhaustion right?” She gave him her infamous puppy eyes that she knows he'll never be able to resist.

Araso, I'll get going now. Take care of yourself alright?” he whispered softly as he gave her one last kiss on her temple.

--------------------

Laying in bed after a long day, he reached towards the table beside his bed where he left Jiae's present and card on. Opening the card, it read:

Myungsoo oppa,
Happy 20th birthday! Thank you for taking the time to meet me even though you must be tired after your work. You must be busy but you must still take care of your health. Work hard because this is your dream and know that no matter what, I'll always be supporting you. I hope you like the gift I gave you, it symbolizes the love that I have for you which is never-ending.

Love,
Elephant (I only wrote this because of you! >:p)


Laughing at her cuteness, he unwrapped the gift box to find a ring with an infinite symbol on it. He immediately wore it, putting his hand up in the air to admire how it looked on his finger. Taking his phone out of his pocket, he sent a text to his beloved.

TO: Elephant
Sent 13.03.12 5.56am
Thank you for spending my birthday with me. Wearing your gift right now. I love you, goodnight.

Thanking his lucky stars for giving a girl like her to him, he prayed that they would stick by each other for a long time and hopefully, spend their entire life together. the ring once more, he tucked himself under his blanket and fell into a deep slumber.
 


Author's notes:
Please don't shoot me x_x I know this is really lame, especially the ending because I had to rush it out. Promise I'll do better next time! Don't bash please :( By the way, any MyungsooxJiae fan here? :) Oh, and Elephant is the nickname Myungsoo gave Jiae during YAMO if you guys didn't know ^^