home is where the heart is

home is where the heart is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Baby, I'm home," Jimin announces as she steps into their apartment.

 

She was greeted by the scent of her favourite kimchi jjigae. Her stomach rumbles in response. She can't wait to sit down and have her belly filled with her wife's cooking after a long day at work.

 

She quickens her pace to the kitchen. Standing in front of the stove is Minjeong, donned in Jimin's baby blue apron. Jimin never understood why Minjeong always insists on wearing her apron when she has her own yellow one. She recalls Minjeong shrugging and saying I like yours better when she asked her once and since then, they have always worn each other's.

 

Jimin smiles at the sight of Minjeong fumbling as she tries to reach for a bowl at the top of the cabinet. Minjeong must not have heard her coming in as she notices that there's music playing faintly from Minjeong's phone on the kitchen counter. She slowly makes her way over and reaches for the bowl from behind. 

 

Clang!

 

The bowl drops as Minjeong shrieks, clearly surprised at Jimin's entrance.

 

"Seriously? You gave me a scare!" Minjeong turns and glares at her wife, though her lips slowly turn into a pout. 

 

"I'm sorry baby, I did announce that I was home, you just didn't hear me." Jimin steps closer, enveloping her still pouting wife in her arms. She sniffs her hair and sighs contentedly. 

 

"I miss you," Jimin mumbles into Minjeong's neck.

 

"Pfft, you just saw me this morning before you went to work," Minjeong complains as she wraps her arms around Jimin's waist tightly. 

 

"And I didn't see you for 8 hours!" Jimin pulls back, frowning.

 

"You're such a baby," Minjeong pinches her wife's nose.

 

"Your baby," Jimin smiles cheekily and nudges Minjeong. Say it back, she mouths.

 

"My baby," Minjeong mumbles shyly, hitting Jimin's arm. The latter clearly amused at her wife's antics. Cute.

 

Minjeong huffs and rolls her eyes playfully then bends down to pick up the fallen bowl. 

 

"I'm almost done, you should go and wash up first." Minjeong tries to continue with her cooking chores.

 

But Jimin remains in her spot, not moving, clearly waiting for something.

 

Minjeong turns to see a pout on her wife's lips. She rolls her eyes at her, before washing her hands in the sink and wipes off the water on her apron. Jimin waits, jutting her lips out even more as Minjeong comes closer. She cups her face and gives Jimin a peck on her puckered lips. 

 

Jimin smiles like a fool in love (well she is) and tries to lean in again before Minjeong pulls back and says, "No more kisses until you wash up."

 

"But that wasn't even a kiss ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter