All I Need

All I Need
Please log in to read the full chapter

He was really surprised when his name was called as the winner. The other actors vying for the Daesang are no joke. They are all senior actors whom he looked up to. who he respected the most in the industry, but it was his name that reverberated in the big hall. He can barely make out the faces of those who congratulated him as he stood up and fixed his tux. There were hugs and handshakes, and the loud applause didn’t seem to end. His fans cheers resonated as he made his way down to the stage, where his shining trophy awaited him.

 

His mind went blank for a second as he approached the stairs leading to the podium. His nomination was enough; he never dreamed of actually winning. He prepared a speech but forgot it on his way to the venue. He even joked with his manager that it might be a sign that he wouldn’t be the winner that night. He came up on stage with a big smile. The presenter, who happened to be his hoobae and friend congratulated him and went in for a hug.

 

"Chukaheyeo, hyung!"

 

"Kamsahamnida," he replied enthusiastically.

 

He bowed to the other presenter, who also said congratulations. His trophy was waiting for him at the podium. He wrapped his fingers around the intricately designed glass award. It was cold against his palms, and yet it brought so much warmth to his heart. His name was engraved so boldly as if reassuring him that it was really him this time. That his turn has come.

 

He took a deep breath while thinking about what he would say.

 

"It is a cliché to say that I didn’t expect to win. My nomination is enough. To be able to stand alongside these amazing sunbaes is already a win for me, so please forgive me if I don’t sound like I’m making sense because I am truly surprised and very grateful. Firstly, I would like to thank Director Yoon Baejun who worked really hard from start to finish. He made sure that all was well during production and that we were delivering the same story that our writers had in mind. To our writers, who never left the set to make sure that if we had clarification questions, they were there to answer us. Thank you to all the producers, staff, and crew, from the lighting team to the costume and props team. Thank you to the security team." He laughed as he tried to find words in his brain.

 

"I’m sorry, I just don’t want to miss anyone, but if I do, please know that I’m thankful to you too! My co star Lee Soomin, who tirelessly worked hard along side everyone, even in those difficult scenes, was really giving it her all. I

Please log in to read the full chapter