one shot

Jiyoo one shot - sick day
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoohyeon had been down all week. stung and dark eyebags threatened to poke through her makeup. Yoohyeon knew in her mind it was about Minji. It had been going on for the past few weeks and Yoohyeon wasn’t sure why. She thought they had a breakthrough with their relationship but this morning like the last few Minji had checked in with everyone but her. Recently they’ve had an exceptionally busy schedule that required a lot of waking up early and today was no different. Before the sun rose, Yoohyeon was stumbling out of her bed, and aching muscles and head begging her to get back into bed. Even after dragging herself into the  joint living space Minji still hadn’t asked what was wrong. She guessed if Minji who notices everything about everyone, didn't ask what was wrong she was probably being a baby. She was fine. As she got ready her headache faded to a dull ache and her muscles relaxed although her shoulder muscle which had been injured the week before hurt a little more than it did earlier. 

 

“Everyone ready?” 

JiU said, making her way around everyone but Yoohyeon. She checked they had everything they needed, blankets, snacks, water, and jackets. 

Minji hadn’t touched her when she asked if she had everything or noticed that Yoohyeon’s shoulder flinched when she passed.

 

“Yes”  Gahyeon tiredly responded along with a chorus of tired nods.

 

As they headed out they walked in pairs down the stairs JiU, Sua, Handong and Siyeon and finally Dami and Gahyeon. Chatting tiredly amongst themselves were Dami and Gahyeon. Handong and Siyeon walked in exhausted silence and Jiu and Sua talked about logistics of the variety show. Yoohyeon trailed behind them, dragging her feet. After the first couple stairs her body felt shaky. She felt weak and cold. Yoohyeon clutched the railing with a cold sweat breaking out. When she reached the last step things started to spin. She grabbed onto Dami in front of her and let Dami lead her to the van.

All she had to do was get to the van and take a quick nap, yoohyeon thought.

Dami hadn’t thought twice about Yoohyeon grabbing onto her shoulder because Yoohyeon was touchy and probably bored because she wasn't in a pair today. But when she watched 

Yoohyeon collapsed into the van with her eyes shut and sweat beads on her forehead. She thought something must be up.

Dami shook her shoulder and Yoohyeon opened her eyes widened, gasping and clutching her shoulder. Dami looked at her and immediately started apologizing. 

“Hey, are you feeling okay?” Dami asked eyes clearly concerned. 

“yeah , I just need a nap”  Yoohyeon breathed out. 

When they arrived, Yoohyeon no longer cared if she was walking in a pair. She was just miserable. As she saw the posters on the wall about the variety show she felt a bubble rise in and she pushed it down. She had to hype herself up to get this done.

 

She was sitting next to Minji but she hadn’t looked her way once. When she was speaking, Minji looked at her hands, not her face or her eyes. When she laughed really hard she leaned over to Siyeon and not to her.

“Alright thank you for showing us your talents, Let’s change topics to..drum roll please”

“To.. member relationship, You’ve all been together for so long, have you ever fought or what habits do you have? You guys are a big group so you must have friendship’s with in your group”

“Yoohyeon-shi, what member do you rely on the most, do you think?”

Yoohyeon forced a smile, she really did love her members. 

“Dami ofcourse, she’s my bestfriend and the same age as me, We may have conflicting personalities but we have so much fun together. Of Course I rely on Minji to….umm she’s our leader and more than that she gives out great advice and…” 

She tried to finish her sentence but tears burst from her eyes and down her cheeks before she could stop it. It started with her opening but no words coming out and then her a little trembled and her eyes filled and then sob.

 

JiU definitely noticed this.

 

Jiu as the leader of the group had a burden not that she would call it that. Recently she worried about her role more than she usually did. She wondered if she took care of the girls enough. She knew she spent a lot of time with them and they talked about their feelings but mostly as a group. She thought she had been spending too much time with Yoohyeon and maybe not caring enough about the rest of the band

Please log in to read the full chapter