Chapter One: Hectic (Not) Morning

The Cyanide Song of the Siren ~ [Pokémon Legends | Fantasy AU]
"Adaman!!"

Adaman jolted awake at the sound of his name being called. Glancing out the open window, he saw it was daylight. How long had he been sleeping?
He groaned as he pulled himself out of bed. At least he'd slept in his clothes, that meant he didn't have to change.

Once he finally dragged his tired body to the main room of the house, he sighed as he saw his apprentice staring expectantly back at him.

"Ugh, Rei, why are you hear so early?" the older male inquired, exasperation in his voice.

"Early? Ha. It's noon, ."

Adaman turned to the source of the insult, glaring at the young girl with all the energy he could muster. Akari was not impressed, merely rolling her eyes. Before the older man could ask why she was in his house, Rei spoke again.

"Adaman, you promised you would teach me a spell today!" he whined, making Adaman wince. The more experienced witch had only taught him basic magic safety until this point, and the young apprentice had yet to learn any actual magic.

"Yes— But—I'm going to— Why is she here?!" he sputtered, thoroughly confused. It was far, far too early for this, especially with the enigmatic Akari here. Akari had somehow arrived in this world from another dimension, where there were creatures called "Pokémon" and faefolk and the like didn't exist. Which, honestly, went right over his head. Irida was the multiverse expert, time was more his specialty....

Which is ironic, considering he woke up at noon with no idea of the later hour.

"She wanted to learn too," Rei explained. Adaman looked at the girl, confusion written on his face. "I thought you were Volo's apprentice?"

"I am, but he's gone AWOL," she replied dryly. "Said something about chimera fur and left, haven't seen 'im since. Laventon suggested I ask you, since Irida and Cyllene are both busy today."

Adaman only nodded, having no idea what "AWOL" meant but getting the general gist.

"Right, right. Fine, I'll teach you too, just..." he trailed off with a sigh. He'd been sighing a lot lately, he realized. "I need to head to town to get some mana and a few other things, and I need you two to stay here. Just don't touch any of my stuff, alright?" He narrowed his eyes at Rei, who had a bad habit of messing with things he has no right to. The aforementioned witch in training nodded frantically, nervous under Adaman's intense gaze.

"Don't worry, I'll keep him in line," Akari promised, grinning as she leaned casually in the doorway. This only made the boy panic more, though it earned a chuckle from the more experienced witch.

"Good. But it goes for you too. Don't touch anything of mine. I'll be back." He took his satchel from it's resting place on the table—he's been too lazy to put it up properly before—and made his way out the door.

He gave the duo one last glance before shutting the door behind him.