Hands, Hands, and More Hands

Hands, Hands, and More Hands
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Warmth enveloped Taehyung, his blanket and Hoseok's warm body resting against his own and wrapping him in a blanket of content that he longed to stay in forever. The room was cold and urged Taehyung quietly to never leave bed where he was wrapped in warmth with nothing but the soft sounds of the apartment building and Hoseok filling his mind. It was the perfect combination. 

Hoseok was resting against Taehyung’s chest, listening to his heart beat slowly and steadily. Taehyung ran his fingers through Hoseok's hair and scratched his scalp gently, savoring the melody of content hums Hoseok was making. Hoseok’s many sounds was Taehyung’s favorite music and he wished he could listen to it on repeat. Hoseok’s hair was soft and smelled slightly of mint from when he showered the night before.

It was a soothing Sunday morning, the two of them tangled together in bed after a cozy breakfast date (in Hoseok's kitchen), their bellies full from the wonderful food they are and hearts full from smiles and laughter the two shared. 

Sunday morning dates had become a tradition shortly after they started dating, the two spending the four hours before Hoseok’s shift together in the quiet comfort of Hoseok’s apartment. Originally they had the morning dates in Hoseok’s apartment because Taehyung’s ex-roommate, Sungmin, would spend the morning playing video games loudly and often refused to clean up their main living space no matter how much Taehyung asked. Lucky for the couple,  Hoseok’s roommate, Yoongi, worked mornings on the weekends and was a neat freak. Sungmin has since moved out though so in theory they could have the dates at Taehyung’s apartment, but neither suggested the change, Hoseok’s kitchen and bed a welcome tradition for the two. 

Taehyung might even say that Sunday morning dates were his favorite tradition. They were at the very least, a consistent highlight of his week that encouraged him to continue his long and tiresome work days.

"I wish I didn't have to go to work. I could lay here forever." Hoseok said, snuggling against Taehyung and sighing deeply. 

"I know… It'd be nice to stay here all day… in theory." Hoseok groaned and Taehyung laughed loudly before continuing, "But we just ate. Soon we'll have to pee. Plus--"

"While the bed is nice our backs will hurt after another hour, I know. I know. A guy can wish though. Besides, you have stuff to do later today, right?"

Taehyung nodded and nibbled his lip, Hoseok’s reminder of his plans to film later today left Taehyung feeling uncomfortably hot, his gut twisting with nerves. Maybe he could tell Hoseok today… It wasn't like ASMR was something he was ashamed of. Taehyung enjoyed making it and Hoseok would enjoy it in part because of how much Taehyung enjoyed it. Hoseok was pure sunshine, of course he would be ok with Taehyung filming ASMR. Even if some people may have left Taehyung with a bitter taste in Taehyung’s mouth about sharing, if anyone would be understanding, it would be Hoseok.  

"I do…"

"Hey, Taehyung-ah. I know you're deep in thought about whatever you're working on, but don't stop rubbing my head!"

Taehyung laughed and nodded, ignoring his anxiety and returning to rubbing Hoseok’s head… they were still a new couple… six months… That wasn't a lot of time. He only told his ex-roommate after a year of living together… though that ended poorly. 

Besides, Hoseok was planning on moving in together once Hoseok's and Yoongi’s lease was up in a few months (Yoongi was already looking for another place to move into). Taehyung had time and Hoseok seemed to be ok with waiting until Taehyung was comfortable. He had time. 

He had all the time in the world. 



 

Taehyung didn't have time. 

He had next to no time in the world.

He went to check the apartment’s community board out of habit on his way back from getting groceries. The apartment building was a big community full of small events people hosted (Taehyung’s favorite was the book club with Miyeon ajussi and the weekly dinners that Seokjin hyung threw). Taehyung also saw a lot of small news clippings sometimes. Every time Taehyung checked the board there were at least five proud parents posting about their kids doing well in school or getting married or getting promotions. People liked to put up the achievements of themselves and their families and Taehyung loved to see it. 

This time though, when he checked the community board, he was met with the community board staring down at him mockingly as if it won something. Pinned between the various fliers for parent breakfasts and local events was a poorly made flier that laughed at Taehyung.

“A famous YouTuber lives on this floor: BearASMR”

One of his thumbnails displaying his hands resting on a wooden cutting board was on the flier as well. 

Taehyung felt like he stopped breathing as his stomach was clawed at his throat with anxiety. No one in the apartment building knew about this and he didn’t put this up.

Taehyung’s mouth felt dry as his heart beat rushed in his ears.  

This couldn't be real. 

This had to be some game. 

Who the hell would even make this sort of flier?

This couldn’t be real. 

He looked around slowly to see if anyone was watching him or going near the board. The hall was empty. No one was around.

This was real and the flier mocked Taehyung with just how real it was.

 

How was this even possible?

Who did? 

Taehyung hadn't told anyone who was on this floor anymore… he rarely showed his interests in general unless his friends brought them up first… No one knew. 

Not his friends. Not Hoseok. 

He sighed, a headache was forming and in the matter of seconds, his whole body felt like complete and utter .  He readjusted his grip on his groceries before returning to his apartment. This wasn't what he wanted for his Tuesday. 

All he wanted was a simple Tuesday afternoon after working an exhausting morning shift full of students poorly playing trumpets and saxophones. 

Now he had to try to calm down before even trying to do anything. Today was going to be a long day.

Besides, he wasn't even that famous… he has a good 25k followers… but he was nowhere near famous. He didn't make tons of money and he barely got any sponsorships. It was more so a passion project. 

What was worse was that he didn't know why he was so shy about ASMR either. He had so many interests and enjoyed sharing some with his friends, but ASMR and some of the stuff he explored on his channel made him shy and self conscious. The want to hide his channel only grew after Sungmin kept insulting ASMR shortly before he moved. All of his insecurities around sharing were magnified tenfold after that. 

He sighed.

The aftermath of this wasn’t something he wasn’t looking forward to.

If he was lucky no one would talk about it… but knowing his apartment building, that wouldn’t be the case. Information people posted on that board spread like wildfire through the apartment building and if it was interesting enough information, Taehyung knew that it would be the main talk when people got together. 

Last year, when Choi Jihyo graduated top of his class at SNU and landed a nice job at a law firm, everyone was talking about the many ways that Jihyo managed to and each time Taehyung heard the story, it got more and more elaborate and unlikely. 

Taehyung shuddered at the thought of something similar happening to him and his channel. Would he get 200 million subscribers at some point? Would they warp what ASMR is? 

He didn’t know and that made him more scared.

Maybe he should lay back on attending stuff the apartment did together. Miyeon ajuma's book club would undoubtedly talk about it (even if Taehyung doubted that they knew what ASMR was or even what YouTube was)... The weekly dinners with Seokjin hyung and would also likely be full of talk about the channel… How long would it be before they knew it was Taehyung? 

He hid his face some in his ASMR but his friends knew what he looked like… what clothes he wore… what his voice sounded like. His friends knew him.

They'd likely find out. 

Would they tell everyone else in the apartment?

He sighed and shook his head. 

Not going may be even more suspicious. 



 

Ok, maybe that was a lie. 

Taehyung sighed, quickly drinking the rest of his tea and wincing as it burnt his mouth. He probably shouldn’t have done that but his nerves were running rampant as he watched his friends discuss the channel while cooking. Their faces alight with excitement and curiosity as they talked and talked, each word making the tension in his stomach grow tenfold. If it wasn’t that Seokjin seemed so bummed at the idea of Taehyung being unable to attend, he wouldn’t have come but Taehyung didn’t want to see Seokjin sad. Taehyung couldn’t say no to one of his favorite hyungs which was why he was stuck watching Jungkook, Hoseok, Yoongi, and Jimin cook Chuncheon dakgalbi.

He was so uncomfortable, unable to sit comfortably in Seokjin’s luxury bar stools. It felt like small bugs were crawling under his skin, his whole body itchy and achy from this whole situation (and work), and he didn't doubt that some of them had realized that. 

According to Hoseok (who always seemed to know what he was thinking), Taehyung was an open book (i.e. at hiding his emotions). 

It would be strange if they’ve watched multiple videos, right?

Surely, they’ve likely only watched one or two videos.

"I looked it up! It's a cool ASMR! And the person’s hands are so good looking! Like I could stare at them for hours! And I kind of have." Jungkook was talking and laughing excitedly as he chopped up sweet potatoes for a side he convinced Seokjin would be perfect for Chuncheon dakgalbi.

"You'll have to send me the link! I’ve not seen any of the videos but if you liked it, I am sure I will!" Namjoon said from where he was delegated to sit. 

Like Taehyung, he wasn’t allowed into the kitchen. Taehyung was banned after a few too many mishaps with over-cooking and burning food that led to them needing takeout (which was arguably better sometimes when one didn’t have to spend an hour trying to remove charred food from pans after).  Namjoon on the other hand was banned after his first time in the kitchen. The man has a knack for breaking things and that didn’t go away in the kitchen. Seokjin let the knife incident go because it was Namjoon’s first time using one. How it had taken Namjoon 26 years to finally use a knife, Taehyung didn’t know. That being said, after Namjoon managed to break a drwar, he was banned.

Taehyung longed to be in the kitchen right now or at the very least have something to do while others cooked away, then maybe he wouldn't look as suspicious. Instead, he was forced to sit and watch. Breathing was hard and with nothing to fiddle with or distract him, he was struggling to breath as he squirmed away.

"I'm really curious who it is though. They look young so it's definitely not Jihoon ahjussi." Jungkook laughed, "Maybe I could see Jisoo noona or Nayeon noona! They both seem like they'd be into it. Although the hands look pretty large… I don’t know what Jisoo noona and Nayeon noona’s hands look like."

“You keep bri

Please log in to read the full chapter