Irreplaceable

Irreplaceable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rebecca had been living in England for the last 3 years and she felt nostalgic when the plane landed in Thailand.

The lawyer exchanged a kiss with her boyfriend and they agreed to meet in two days.

While the guy was in the country on business, the gorgeous young woman came for her parents’ wedding anniversary.

Although she wanted to introduce them to her new partner, Rebecca was aware her father would not appreciate a stranger on such an important occasion.

When the 26-year-old entered the Armstrong mansion, her eyes got wide open with the shock of seeing Freen Sarocha laughing out loud while having Richie’s arm on her waist.

Clenching her fist, the attractive lawyer walked toward her progenitor and inquired:

__ Dad, what is that woman doing here?

The white-haired man used a teasing tone to make his daughter relax:

__ Oh, hello to you too. And thank you for your congratulations.

The daughter sighed and declared:

__ Alright... I’m sorry. But you gotta understand that it is something upsetting to me, Daddy.

__ Sweetie, you’re a successful grown woman. It’s been what...3 years since you girls broke up? Relationships end and it’s okay. Why are you so shocked to see a former partner?

Rebecca’s voice trembled with anger:

__ Because this is MY parents’ house. Why is she here? And why so full of intimacy with Richie?

Robin was straightforward with his youngest child:

__ Freen is our dear friend. She was always adorable with all of us. Lately, your mom has counted on her a lot. They do groceries together, go shopping, and visit art galleries. I adore it when she watches games on TV with me, even though she has no interest in it at all. And she is helping Richie with the company.

__ How the hell did this happen? When did she sneak into your lives like that?

Frowning, the man exclaimed:

__ I don’t appreciate this tone, Rebecca. I hope you reflect on your actions. Don’t let your mother hear you saying those harsh words about Freen.

Exhaling, the young woman slowly caressed her father’s back while murmuring:

__ I’m deeply sorry, Dad. I would never ruin your anniversary on purpose. Please forget what I said.

The older man relaxed and responded:

__ As long as it comes from your heart, of course, I accept your apologies. Now, behave and go greet your mom.

__ Sure.__ Rebecca kissed her father’s cheek and forced a smile before walking around the mansion.

The lawyer was trying to find a way to talk to her mother while avoiding her brother and the unwanted guest.

However, she ended up bumping into someone while crossing the yard.

She knew who it was before even looking because no one smelled that good and caused her panic other than her ex-girlfriend.

Freen smiled charismatically and said:

__ Hi, Becky.

It was just one of her nicknames. Yet her heart was already losing balance.

__ Sarocha...

The other woman pretended to be hurt and murmured:

__ Wow! Ice cold...

Rebecca lifted her eyebrow:

__ It’s your name, Isn’t it?

__ Not for you. 

Shrugging, the shorter one affirmed:

__ The past stays in the past.

The 30-year-old spoke softly:

__ Alright. Anyway, good to see you.

__ Why are you here? Are you planning to use my brother to be part of the family?

The younger one regretted her question the minute she saw Freen’s eyes getting sad.

__ I wanted to be part of the family, along with someone else. But I was discarded like trash. Do you suffer from memory loss?

The lawyer rolled her eyes:

__ Stop being dramatic, please.

The handsome woman crossed her arms and declared calmly:

__ If you stop being an , we may have a deal.

Rebecca exclaimed:

__ Come on! How would you feel if it was the other way around?

__ Grateful. My mom always loved you. But whatever. I’m not gonna argue with you in your parents’ house. Make sure you keep an eye on your mother. Don’t tell her I said anything. But she hurt her ankle. Act as you noticed it.__ The stunning brunette shook her head and turned to leave.

The 26-year-old opened to speak, but the words failed her.

Freen was halfway to the exit when Rebecca saw Richie running toward her.

Her brother hugged the beautiful female and Rebecca felt rage and frustration. 

“What is going on? Is he in love with her?”

Freen broke physical contact with Richie, and the lawyer glimpsed the handsome woman briefly talking to her mother and leaving.

Deep down, the bob-haired girl felt bad because the older lady seemed sad after that.

Trying to make up for the situation, Rebecca greeted her mother warmly and spent the rest of the evening spoiling her.

__ x __

Rebecca introduced Jeff to her family 2 days later.

Her parents were polite, but the lawyer could see that they didn’t like the guy very much.

On the other hand, Richie was cold, which triggered an argument between the siblings.

The 26-year-old pretended to be interested in the family business and invited her brother to chat in the library.

Knowing what was really the problem, the 28-year-old declared the minute they got into the room:

__ I know you are an adult and your life is none of my business. But don’t waste your time asking me to be his friend.

Rebecca altered her voice:

__ Why not? He is the man I chose as my partner. Why can’t he be treated nicely, but my ex-girlfriend is treated as a family member?

__ First of all, I have known Freen for 7 years. We are all very sure of her pure heart and how she always took care of everyone around her. Especially you. Second, I love her. I feel tenderness and compassion for her. Your guy...is just a guy. I wish you happiness, but I don’t like him.

The younger sister couldn’t control her nerves:

__ What did you just say, Richie? You love HER? WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Are you in a relationship with Freen?

Richie questioned with a serene facial expression:

__ What if I am? You broke up with her 3 years ago.

__ I can’t believe you would do that! Were you flirting with her while we were still together? Did she flirt back?

Shaking his head, the brother sighed before saying:

__ Unbelievable. You really don’t know her at all, huh? Thinking about it, you did the right thing. You never deserved her. It was good to let her go.

The bob-haired female was appalled:

__ What? You didn’t answer any of my questions, Richie.

__ If you don’t know your own brother, what should I say? I’m quite disappointed. Not gonna stand here trying to defend myself. There is no reason for that. But you are a big if you don’t see the real Freen. Your loss.__ The guy glanced at his little sister with some pity before excusing himself.

The lawyer got back to the living room, where her father was trying his best to build some connection with Jeff, despite not really feeling it.

The mother explained that she had a migraine and excused herself.

Rebecca followed Rawee and offered to bring her some medicine.

Smiling, the older woman pulled her daughter for a hug and told her she missed her.

__ I’ll stay for a couple of months, Mommy. You can count on me on any occasion. No need to keep asking Freen to take you everywhere.

The mother laughed while cupping her daughter’s face in her hands.

__ I don’t know why you are so jealous of Freen, sweetie. It makes me wonder if you are certain of your feelings.

__ Is it so weird t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter