Tteokbokki

Rest Stop

You suppose you don't really know much about romantic love. You never did listen seriously whenever Yena rambled on and on about Yuri. Nor did you understand why Eunbi and Chaeyeon stayed up late at night to talk with each other even though you were all tired from practice.

You guess you might have almost felt it with Minju before. When you can't sleep, you sometimes think of the what-ifs. But alas, time and different paths have determined the answer of your wonders. So, you push those thoughts back, back and far from the front of your head. You focus on your debut instead. You focus on your group. And before you know it, you start to focus on Sakura.

Her constant presence beside you is comforting. It's powerful, elegant, and regal. You feel like you can take over the world when she places her hand on your lower back (maybe you can, for her). But at the same time, her presence is warm, comfortable, and lovely. You feel like you can breathe easier, move more freely, and act as if you are not bearing the burden of a leader (and you do, with her). 

And this is maybe the reason why they say being with Sakura is addicting. You crave her presence, her scent, her touch, her eyes on you.

You don't know if this is what they call love. But you suppose, it might be very close to it when even Yunjin called you out for always mentioning Sakura. Huh Yunjin who's always called Sakura her favorite unnie. 

"7."

"Huh?"

"That's the seventh time you've mentioned Sakura unnie in our conversation."

"And? She's our member. Of course, I'm going to mention her."

"Chaewon unnie, we're talking about oranges and persimmons - how did you even insert her in those topics?"

"Well have you smelled her lotion? Sakura unnie smelled like citrus the other day—"

 

You suppose you're starting to understand Eunbi and Chaeyeon when you curse your body for not fighting the fatigue you feel right now.

"You should sleep, Chaewon. You're swaying right now and we're sitting."

"I want to talk with you more."

"We can always talk tomorrow when we both have gotten some sleep."

"You hate me. You're throwing me away. You don't love me anymore."

"Don't play cute with me right now. You're even slurring your speech because you're so tired."

"...I'm cute?"

"Good night, Chaewon."

 

And right now, choosing warm and hot foods to eat against the cold, chilly night on the rest stop, both of your bodies subconsciously finding each other - your arms slowly encircling her waist, her head resting atop you to nuzzle - you think maybe this is what it means to find home in a person.

"This is the first time I've been on a rest stop."

"Really?"

"Well, my first time in Korea."

"It's been a while since I've been here."

"Wow, that tteokbokki looks delicious."

"Right? We always order them in."

"Those ones taste different."

"They do."

You think a food's taste actually depends on the person you eat it with. When you're with Sakura, every food tastes delicious and nostalgic. But you don't say that out loud. Not in front of the camera nor your managers or the seller. Despite your whole concept, you still feel a bit of fear from time to time. But when both of your eyes meet, you think Sakura knows what you want to say. And you think, maybe, she also feels it too when her fingers brush the back of your hand as she hands over the cup of tteokbokki.

 


Experimenting with the second person perspective is amazing. But also, ssamkkura out here giving us so much moments they make me want to write lots of stories again.

Hope you like it!