Severely

Neowana Unmyeong Ingabwa (My Fated love)

 

 

            Li Anne grasped for her cellphone in her pocket and checked it. But then, she slid it back into her pocket again. No text messages, no missed calls, no alerts or whatsoever. Seems like he grew tired of calling her attention so he could explain his side. She sighed. She must be happy now that Hong Ki’s not troubling her anymore, telling her lies about him and Yeo Hee when she saw what actually happened. But she felt more troubled and hurt. Can't he became more persistent on pursuing her back? Or he had finally realized that he still likes Yeo Hee?

            Yes, she ignored Hong Ki’s attempts of explaining to her these past few weeks. She didn’t answer his calls and text messages. She asked for space during their tapings. And she never said anything to him. She never said what she saw. She never exposed what she knew. But she has the right to do that. She was hurt and deceived. But more to it, she did that because she was afraid hearing the truth out of his mouth. She was afraid to hear that he’s leaving her because his first love is now back. She was afraid of getting hurt even more. The pain she’s feeling right now is more than enough. Because she really doesn’t know how to survive this heartache anymore each passing day. And she doesn’t want to get more of it. Yes, she’s a coward—a real stupid coward; the very reason why she doesn’t want to fall in love. But she did. And now, she got what she was afraid for.

            “Ya, Li Anne- ya, are you done now?” her day dreaming was cut off when she heard So Eun caught her attention. So Eun asked her for a day out together, just doing fun stuffs and forgetting about problems. Her friend wanted to make her happy because she’d seen how she struggled and still struggling these past few days. So Eun just wanted her to enjoy. And she agreed to it. She needed some time to breathe and relax. She’s just real exhausted and she feels like she wanted to forget everything.

            “Yeah, unnie. I’m ready now,” she responded as she stood up and look at herself in the mirror. She fixed the white blazer she is wearing on top of her white shirt. She paired it with her jeans and white shoes. And she also combed her flowing straight hair with her fingers for the final touch. She tried hard to look good today amidst everything. She doesn't want to look mserable.

            “So, you’re ready to go?” So Eun asked as she too is fixing herself infront of the mirror.

            She nodded. And in just a moment, they walked out of the door and had finally arrived to the heart of Seoul. They visited a lot of shops in the district and busied themselves shopping for some nice and affordable clothes, buying food sold in the streets. They also went to the mall’s arcade and played some entertaining video games. That time, she erased every lingering thought in her mind and just focused on having fun. She wanted to feel carefree and happy, even just this time. But then, she knows she failed to do so. Because she can feel that the happiness she's feeling right now is not complete. Or can she really call that happiness?

            Time passed so quickly. It was already dark when So Eun invited her to a bar near the district. So Eun was so persistent in bringing her to that place which she remarked as beautiful and entertaining and so she let So Eun pleased her.

            Rolling yet serene lights greeted Li Anne and So Eun when they arrived at the location. On the stage, she can see someone playing the saxophone which made everyone stood right at the foot of the stage and listen to its beautiful play. She was also listening to the beautiful melody when So Eun just dragged her away and brought her to a private billiard room. It was kind of dark in there.

            “Li Anne- ya,” her heart thumped when she heard that familiar voice when they entered the room. She felt her knees trembled. And all the pain and hurt she’s trying to avoid came back in her senses.

            She faced the very reason of her miserableness. And she felt her heart run out of her chest when she saw Hong Ki’s face. It’s still the same. Even if she’s feeling pain, she can still feel how much she loves this guy.

            “Unnie, what was this all about? Why did you do this?” she glanced at So Eun who’s still inside the place.

            “I’m sorry,” So Eun bit her lips. “I’m just trying to help.”

            She can't believe this. Everything happened this day, that day- out thing—it’s all fraud. Her friend made allies with Hong Ki and brought here to this place. For what? For another lie?

            With all the little temperance she still has, she hurriedly went out of the door. She needs to get off here fast. She doesn’t want the situation she’s in now. She doesn’t want to hear anything. No lies, no explanations. She’s full of it. She’s afraid to get hurt over and over again.

            “Li Anne, let’s talk,” Hong Ki’s reflexes were fast, his voice was pleading. He had held her arm quickly to stop her. But she shrugged. She has to get away before he could hurt her again.

            With all her might, she pushed Hong Ki away from her and she quickly ran out of the bar until she reached the road. But Hong Ki is persistent. He followed her out. And she cares no more for the road signs. All she knows is that she has to get away. Without the blink of an eye, she hurriedly crossed the road, hoping that when she do so, Hong Ki wouldn’t chase her anymore.

            “Li Anne- ya,” she heard Hong Ki called her name. But she still continued crossing the road.

            But when she was on the middle of the road, she heard the loud squealing of a car. In the back of her ear, she can hear gasps and screams not from afar. Then, she heard the car bump forcefully into something. And the screams and shouts were cut off. And she was stuck on her place. She can feel her heart thump so nervously. What has just happened?

            Her mind instructed her body to move. She turned her back. And her eyes swelled with tears when that heart breaking scene greeted her. She felt like she was broken into pieces. So small that she doesn’t even know if she can hold back of herself.

            There, on the road lies the body of the unconscious Hong Ki. And next to him is a car. Lee Hong Ki was hit by a car.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Dead meat!!!