They Said to Stop

Neowana Unmyeong Ingabwa (My Fated love)

 

 

            Li Anne and the rest of the gang—FT Island and Shin Hye are on a norae bang that day. They didn’t have any taping that day. It’s just that Shin Hye invited them to hang out to their favorite norae bang. And it was a long time since every one of them went out like this. She missed times like these, though she was always with the company of these folks. But it’s still different when they have fun like these. It’s real different now.

            And just like their previous hang outs, Jae Jin still took over the grilling of what they bought. He’s the grilling prince, anyway. Min Hwan’s still looking for chicken while Seung Hyun is just staring at what Jae Jin’s grilling, holding his chopsticks like he’s ready anytime to get the food when it’s done. But what’s different today is that Jong Hoon isn't assisting her. Instead, Hong Ki is doing it for her. She’s seating right beside him. He is pouring her glass with soju. She smiled. He completely became a gentleman to her.

            “Ya?” Shin Hye called their attention. She’s looking at her and Hong Ki. She must’ve sensed something. “What’s happening with you two? Do you have something to share with us?” everyone looked at them and she could only give them guilty smiles. Then, Hong Ki held her hand and showed it to everyone.

            “Hyung?” Seung Hyun glared at them, wondering. He still has traces of grilled beef on his mouth. “What does that mean?”

            Hong Ki cleared his throat, “Everyone, I would like to tell you that Li Anne- ya is already my…” Hong Ki paused for a while and gave her a glance “girlfriend.”

            Shin Hye screamed at the top of her lungs. She also saw the boys exchanging glances and cheers, even Jong Hoon looked happy.

           “I knew this would soon happen!” Shin Hye happily remarked. “Chukhahaeyo Hong star, Li Anne- ya!”

            “Congratulations hyung and noona! Let’s celebrate!” the boys said then they raised their glasses filled with soju and tossed. And she just couldn’t believe what she was seeing. She was expecting them to asked how the two of the got together after all their arguments before. And they also know Jong Hoon courted her before. But she can see everyone’s happy about them. It’s her time to look at them with her surprised eyes.

            “Ya, won’t you ask how we end up being together?” she asked.

            Shin Hye grinned at her. “We already knew you like each other even before. We can see it in your eyes and your movements.”

            was left opened. Was she that obvious?

            “Shin Hye noona is right,” Min Hwan seconded, eating his favorite chicken. “You two really suit each other! And we are happy for you!” he cheered like a child and she can't help but to chuckle. This chicken- obsessed man is just so cute.

            “Are you surprised with their reactions?” Hong Ki asked her. “It’s because you were very obvious that you like me,” he boasted, which made her rolled her eyes. He’s teasing her again. She hit him softly.

            “Ahh… Jinjja!!” she hissed as she motioned that she’s going to kill him because of his boastfulness. Hong Ki just chuckled and pinched her cheek.

            They were all having a great time when someone just interrupted.

            “Annyeong haseyo,” the intruder greeted. And when she turned her head to him, she saw a very handsome creature she didn’t expect to see. She was star- struck that very moment.

            “Hyung!” Hong Ki and the rest of the guys went over to that handsome intruder and welcomed him with some hand gestures only boys do. It seems like they’re great buddies. And they all seemed very happy. Then after that, he turned to Shin Hye who’s sitting beside her. He gave her unnie a soft kiss on the cheek. Then Shin Hye stood up and gave the intruder a warm and tight hug. The guy also hugged her back and they stood like that for a while. And she just stood on her place, watching them.

            “Oppa, you’re late,” Shin Hye told him.

            The guy just gave Shin Hye a heartwarming smile. He’s really handsome. And she was and she is still star- struck to him.

            Hong Ki then tapped her shoulder and told her to get up. He held her hand to help her do so.

            “Hyung,” Hong Ki called the attention of the guy. “I’d like you to meet my girl, Li Anne,” he introduced her to him. And she was more than fluttered hearing Hong Ki introduced him that way. It was quite delightful to hear him addressed her as his girl.

            “Annyeong haseyo,” she bowed and gave him a smile.

            “Li Anne- ya,” Shin Hye called her. “I’d also like to introduce you to my boyfriend, Jang Geun Suk,” her unnie happily told her. “At last, you finally met him. It was a very long time that I want to introduce him to you but there was no time before.”

            Her eyes widened. Shin Hye and Geun Suk are actually real- life couple?! She couldn’t believe it! All this while, Shin Hye hasn’t told her anything about his boyfriend and so she actually thought that she and Hong Ki have a special relationship, something more special than friendship. And she actually got jealous. But now she knows she has nothing to be jealous of. Because as she looked at the couple infront her, she can see how happy and in love Shin Hye is to Geun Suk. And same with Geun Suk’s eyes. He looks real happy being at his girl’s side.

            “Annyeong Li Anne- ya,” Geun Suk smiled to her, and she knows he’s a real star with the way he smiled. “It was nice meeting you.”

            “Unnie, I didn’t know that you and Geun Suk- ssi are actually a couple,” she exclaimed. “Omo. I can't believe it. I was also a fan of your love team before!”

            “Huh? Jinjja? Haven’t I told you about this before? Hmm… Maybe because this is a secret. We want our relationship to be private.” Shin Hye explained. “Well, kaja,” she held Geun Suk’s hand and dragged him to where she was seating a while ago. “Let’s just have fun today! It was a long time that we all hang out like this,” Shin Hye’s eyes are glittering with delight. She must be very happy today.

            “Yeah, it was indeed a long time when we gathered like this. And now, we have something more to celebrate,” Jae Jin looked at Hong Ki and her. She smiled at him. “It’s just sad that Hee Chul hyung can't celebrate with us today because he’s got a busy schedule.”

            “And the others are also not here,” Jong Hoon added. “But I know they’ll make it up to us some other time. Now, let’s just enjoy this day.” Jong Hoon raised his glass full of soju and they all cheered again. It was indeed a joyful moment. And Li Anne just felt that her happiness won’t stop. She just wished this won’t stop.

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

            Li Anne woke up that morning still feeling like she is on a cloud nine. Last night, she and Hong Ki went to the Lee’s residence and he already introduced her to them as his girlfriend. And it was real delightful. It’s a different feeling especially when you know that his family members welcomed you with open arms. They were all real happy with what happened between Hong Ki and her. And she was overwhelmed with all the happiness she’s feeling right now.

            She went to the kitchen to get herself a glass of water when she heard Min Ah. She was like talking to someone on the phone. And her voice sounded a bit sad and disappointed.

            “Is that so, oppa?” she heard Min Ah uttered. She heard her sighed. “Nae. Gwaenchanha. But I just miss you. It’s been a long time that we went out together.”

            She was petrified with what she heard, though she never wanted to eavesdrop on other’s conversation. She didn’t mean to do it, but she just became curios on what they’re talking about. It sounded like Min Ah is talking to her boyfriend. She even calls him oppa. But she didn’t really know her unnie is currently on a relationship. She didn’t even thought about it that Min Ah is being secretive. It doesn’t suit her personality, but it seems like she really has a secret. She just sighed. No matter what secret her unnie wants to keep from her, she doesn’t have to meddle with it anymore.

            She went inside the kitchen when Min Ah already put her phone down.

            “Good morning unnie,” she smiled at her. Min Ah also smiled to her but it didn’t brought spark in her eyes just like before. Seems like she was greatly affected with her phone conversation a while ago.

            “Who was that?” she asked about the one she was talking to on the phone.

            “Huh?” Min Ah uttered. “Did you hear anything?”

            She smiled. That made her conclude Min Ah’s been keeping a secret from her. It was a bit disappointing on her part because she told her everything. But what can she do anyway?

            She shook her head. She has to lie. “Aniyo unnie. I just saw you dropping your phone.”

            “Ahh,” she nodded. “That was nothing.”

            “Jinjja? That must be your boyfriend you’ve been hiding from me,” she let out a chuckle. Min Ah seemed so shock with what she said. She looked pale. “Ya, unnie, I’m just kidding.”

            “Y- Ya!” Min Ah uttered. Then, she rolled her eyes and pouted. “Are you trying to make me envy you because you have your handsome and popular boyfriend every girl is dreaming of?” Min Ah chuckled. “I don’t have a boyfriend. But speaking of your boyfriend, here and take a look,” Min Ah handed her her cellphone, and there she saw some stolen shots of her and Hong Ki. The past intrigue about her and Hong Ki is becoming a hot topic again among the netizens. It’s becoming an issue again because there were caught new pictures of them together.

            She just smiled. She knows this would somehow happen—again! In fact, she had already prepared herself for this. But now, it’s something that didn’t bother her, maybe because it’s the truth. She and Hong Ki are already going out. And she doesn’t care anymore for negative views about their association. All she cares about is her relationship with Hong Ki.

            “You seem not to be affected anymore,” Min Ah concluded.

            “Uhumm, yeah,” she nodded. “I already understood why something like this has to happen. He’s a star.”

            Min Ah smiled to her, and then she patted her shoulders. “I’m happy for you. But I’m warning you, it’s never going to be easy. He’s a star,” Min Ah meaningfully reminded her. “Ah, you better prepare yourself now. Remember, we have an agreement to buy the things we need for the house today. I’ll go and take a bath now, okay?”

            “Okay,” she nodded. Then, Min Ah took her towel and other toiletries and marched her way to the bathroom.

            Minutes later, both of them are now prepared to set themselves to the department store to buy their necessities. It’s also their first time hanging out in the streets of Korea together since they first got to know each other. It’s the first time they got the same day of their off.

            They took the bus and got to the mall in a short time. They started their date together. They went in search of that mall and bought everything they need for the house, food stocks, cleaning stuffs and everything. They also went and raid Korean fashion houses that offers affordable yet quality apparels. They’re having a great time.

            “Unnie,” Li Anne called Min Ah who’s looking for a dress in a shop.

            “Oh?” she turned to her.

            “I’ll just go to the comfort room. Will you wait for me here?”

            “Ah, go ahead. I’ll be just right here and look for some affordable clothes.”

            Li Anne walked her way towards the comfort room. Good thing there are only few people that time who are using the comfort room that she had easily occupied one cubicle.

            “Have you heard of the news that’s been all over the net now?” she heard someone utter. Maybe it was one of the two girls she saw inside the comfort room when she entered.

            “What? That stuff about Lee Hong Ki of FT Island and the girl he is dating?” the other replied. And she was petrified on what she heard. They’re talking about her. But she can do nothing but to hear their conversation.

          “Yeah. That girl was also the one issued to him before. Do you think they really have a relationship? Hong Ki even kissed her before infront of the fans, right?” the girl sounded like she’s somewhat jealous.

            “Andwae!” the other one strongly disagreed. “Aniyo! Hong Ki couldn’t be attached to that kind of girl! They don’t suit each other. She doesn’t suit Hong Ki. And Hong Ki is definitely not for someone like that!”

            Li Anne, hearing this conversation felt like her heart was torn into pieces. It’s as if her head became fiery and hot that very moment. How could someone say harsh words towards her? Towards her relationship to Hong Ki! Who are they to judge and decide what suits Hong Ki or not. But she calmed herself. She doesn’t want to lower her level.

            “Absolutely!” the other girl agreed to what the other has said. Then, they both laughed sarcastically. “They absolutely don’t match each other. They’re from different worlds. No matter what she does, she won’t definitely suit his world.”

            ‘They’re from different worlds. No matter what she does, she won’t definitely suit his world.’ That made her stood still in her place. Those words continued to play in her head. And her heart seemed to be wounded by that thought. She thought she has already prepared herself for things like this, but it seems like her heart is still vulnerable. No matter how much she tries to take that thought out of her mind, it just keeps on lingering. And she hates her mind for telling her heart that they might be true about them—that they don’t suit and match each other—because they’re worlds apart.

            She shook her head. No! She doesn’t have to feel this way. Hong Ki and her—that’s the only thing that matters. No matter what others say, they both wanted what they are into now.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

            Li Anne and Hong Ki are sitting on a bench in the park near her place. Their taping for today was done and Hong Ki drove her back home. But they had decided to stay in that place for a while and spend time together. And they are just sitting silently at that bench down that broad and strong tree that covers them.

            She is staring at the stars in the heavens above. Then, she felt Hong Ki’s hand touched hers. It was tight. She turned to him and she saw him looking at her with his deep brown eyes. And she just stared at him like that.

            “I’m sorry,” Hong Ki uttered. She just smiled weakly and sighed. “I’m sorry that everything is beginning not to be serene and quiet anymore.”

            “I know this would happen,” she responded.  “I already prepared myself for this, but,” she paused for a while. “It still hurts. Having all the girls look at you in a way like they’re going to pull your hair anytime, receiving hate emails, it’s not something I wanted. But I can endure that.” She felt Hong Ki’s hand held her tighter. “But it hurts more when I heard them say that we’re not suited for each other. That I am not fitted into your world.” She glanced at Hong Ki. “And it makes me think that maybe they’re right.”

            She was shocked when Hong Ki just hugged her real tight. It’s as if he won’t let her go.

            “Aniyo. No one could ever say things like that,” Hong Ki whispered to her. “I’m sorry that I’m giving you a hard time now. I’m sorry that you’re hearing not so nice words because of me.”

            She hugged Hong Ki back. “Ya, I just said that it makes me think they’re right but they can't convince me. They won’t ever convince me.”

            “That’s something good to hear,” Hong Ki patted her head and smiled to her. “Ya, don’t you ever think of that again. Those who said that, they just envy you. Because you have the most handsome and charming boyfriend a girl would have.” His playful smile was once again curving his lips. Oh this boastful jerk! She rolled her eyes and chuckled. The mood between them just got lighter.

            “Just don’t lend your ear to those who can't say anything good. This is all about us. And us is what matters,” Hong Ki told her as he looked deep into her eyes. And she felt like she was enchanted with his gaze.

            She smiled to him. “Araso. I will remember that.”

            “Just endure this a little more,” Hong Ki hugged her tight once again. “Everything will be alright soon.”

            And she also wishes the same thing as she looked upon the stars staring at them as they hug—that everything will soon be alright, and that she can be tougher. Because Hong Ki is right. It’s about the two of them. And that’s what matters most. Those ill- mouthed people who are wishing nothing good between the two of them—they said to stop. They wanted them to part ways. But they’ll definitely won’t! Because there are a lot more of reasons to hold on to. And besides, it’s not only her and Hong Ki who’s having tough times like this.

            She saw Shin Hye and Geun Suk, and how strong their relationship is despite of their busy schedules. They are both busy in their careers, doing dramas in which they have different partners as their love interests. They are intrigued and associated to other celebrities’ names. But that didn’t stop them.

            And also, even Min Ah wouldn’t confess to her about his boyfriend, she also learned something from that relationship. That someone has to keep his patience over the other one, especially during the times that they can't see each other. Though it hurts to be away, they have to have faith in each other.

            Min Ah is right. It will never be easy because he is a star. But she will not also make it easy for the other side. It was not an easy road in Hong Ki’s heart. And her happiness is just starting now. And she won’t let it end. They won’t let it end.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________Sorry for the not- so- nice photos.. i just made them by myself that's why.. haha^^ anyways, I hope you enjoyed it... Sorry for not updating these pst few days... But i hope you all hold on... The ends near.. haha