End

The Social Experiment

Note: might contain errors cuz i just typed this on the spot and just threw whatever came into my mind before i forgot everything. 

 

17 year old Sana, a typical modern teenager who used to post random contents on social medias, decided to conduct a social experiment, hoping to have an interaction with her neighbor crush, where she’ll later upload on youtube for anyone to see. 

Title: Operation Making my Hottie Neighbor to Notice my Existence. The video should starts off with Sana, sporting a casted left arm with a pile of papers on her right. She’ll act  as if she’s having a hard time carrying those. She make sure to act out the scene at the right time, which is when her neighbor finally goes out to play with his friends. That’s when our guy will enter the scene, looking like a knight in shining armor for our main girl Sana.. then uwu they’ll get married in the morning.. but.. 

no hottie appeared. Instead, there stood a cute little tofu asking her if she’s alright. Asking her too many questions like, “Unnie, are you ok? What happened to your arm? What are these papers for? How will you study with a bad arm? Does it still hurt?” “Ugh too many questions” Sana thought. Good thing she’s cute and she’s actually picking up the fallen papers.  So she just let it slide and happily smiled while answering her. 

When the tofu girl finished picking up the papers, they both stood up. Sana looked at the good samaritan tofu girl. She looks like an elementary student. 9 or 10 years old. The younger girl, then said, “Unnie, you know i have extra money, do you want to go get some tteokbokki? I’m actually not from here. I just dropped by to lend my notes to my absent classmate who lives here. My mom couldn’t come and fetch me cuz she suddenly got called for work so i’m alone.” Sana smiled. “Sure but it’s my treat. I’m actually conducting a social experiment. But, it didn’t work out so... “ Sana just shrugged. The two went on their way. After eating, Sana asked where she can drop her off, and the girl just told her at the xxhospital since her mom and dad are both doctors there. Upon arriving at the hospital lobby, realizing it’s already late, She bid the tofu girl good bye. 

After that, Sana went back home. 

That was the last time she saw the girl. She could’ve uploaded the video but the quality since, she’s hid her camera on her jacket pocket (uy rhyme hehe). 

 

6 years later, Sana, instead of crying out in pain of having her arm broken after getting into a traffic accident, which is totally not her fault, was laughing, while sitting on a hospital bed because coincidentally, her ex-crush, (still her neighbor), crashed his car towards good samaritan Sana, who went into traffic to save someone’s puppy. This was not the interaction she was aiming for. And besides, she’s not into guys anymore. You can’t blame her, girls are cute and they smell good. If you ask Sana, why bother and save the puppy? You could’ve died out there. She’ll answer, well, “it reminds me of certain cutie. She’s white and kinda look like that puppy”. 

Since Sana doesn’t make contents anymore as she grew out of it, well mostly because she’s a full time home maker.. like literally making houses cuz she’s a sought after architect, she simply had no time. Thank god for technology, Sana wasn’t that bored chilling at the hospital. The doctor actually said she can go home but, she insisted to stay on a private room, an expensive one courtesy of her ex crush neighbor, as a pay back for being a slow reacting driver. Tssk.. Sana remembered she has a tons of unuploaded videos on her google drive. So she look for a certain video, from 6 years ago. And there she is, the little tofu girl. The good samaritan she tricked. She still remember what she said last time. “Next time, my treat. When your arm isn’t hurting anymore, i’ll date you. We can eat ice cream after. “ 

Sana hopes she can see that adorable smile again. She did try to find her but no luck. It’s like she just disappeared into thin air. The hospital is too big to look for her. When she asked her neighbor, the tofu girl’s classmate, she had no idea. That day also was last she ever saw her as she was told she transfered already. 

A knock pulled Sana out of her day dreaming, as a girl, her neighbor, with a fluffy cloud on her arm, greeted her with a guilty smile.. “Uh. Hi Sana unnie, i’m sorry, Ari.. it was actually my first time meeting him.. My friend baby ask me to dog sit him for a while cuz she got an important call. But this furball went and run after her then boom.. this happened” the girl almost cried but didn’t  since it’s not her character to cry out in public. She a Chaeyoung ffs, she has a tomato tattoo on her arm(which she still hides cuz her mom’s gonna kill her if she ever finds out. 

“It’s ok, it’s that idiots fault anyway”, pointing at the guy behind Chaeyoung. Seokjin, sporting an arm cut hairstyle stood there, head low fake crying cuz; 1. It actually his fault for driving that stupid car everybody warned him not to buy and 2. He’s gonna loose a lot of money cuz knowing Sana, that girl holds grudges for a really long time. “Come on Sana, i talked to Dr. Kim. She said you’re good to go. Please, spare my wallet for old time sake” wriggling his eyebrows indicating he knows her stupid little crush on him which earn him a deathly glare. “I initially planned on staying for a night since, i’m still a good person, but i kinda change my mind. I might stay for week or so”. Sana pretended to look tired and sleepy.. Seokjin whined and kneeled “I’m sorry i’m sorry i wont ever use that past against you ever again. Please forgive me. If you agree to get discharge today, i’ll treat you and this small creature tteokbokki” pointing at Chaeyoung but immediately pulled back when he saw her glaring at him. Before Sana can even answer, “No you don’t have to treat her. That’s my job. “  The trio whipped their head to the voice’s direction and there stood a girl with long black hair, attractive eyes and white asf skin, just like her tofu girl from 6 years ago. 

Ari jumped from Charyoung’s armed and barked at the new comer signalling her to pick him up and she did. 

So the girl is the fluffy cloud’s owner? Sana thought. Wait,rewind.. treat? Job?  “Tofu girl?! “ Sana blurted out. The new comer laughed. “I’m Dahyun by the way, i forgot to tell you. Sorry for being late” 

Before Sana could even speak, Chaeyoung interrupted her with a fake cough. “Uhm, Jin escaped, i should go an get him for you. Good luck Dubs” And with that, the two were left alone. 

“So..  6 years huh.. blame my parents for dragging me to the US. I’ve watched your old videos. I was wondering why you stopped making one. Bummer. I’ve been meaning meet you again after several years but, you know, being a minor with over protective parents, you got no choice. Thank heaven for transfering them back. I was just a kid back then but i thought you’re the most beautiful girl i have ever seen. I was shooting my shot back then when i ask you for another tteokbokki date but yeah, life happens. And hey, i’m 20 now. In a year, i’ll be allowed to drink.” Dahyun beamed at the girl in front of her. “Huh? I thought you’re like 9 back then? You literally looked like a baby” Sana laughed . Dahyun step forward towards Sana’s bed. “I heard the guy said your free to go but chose not to. But if i ask you out, will you actually go? I mean, i’m not pressuring you but my mom.. “i’m her mom”  “Doctor Kim” “Mom!” (Ak ak ak says the crow). Miss Minatozaki, it’s just a sprain, my daughter here is a med student, she can take care of you. Your friend, begged me to discharge you so what’s it gonna be? “  “Ok doc” Sana surrendered. “I trust doctors” Sana said will looking at Dahyun. Dahyun, smiled wildly. Sneaked a thumbs up to her mom (Sana  saw it and thought it was cute aaak). 

“You know, i’ve got extra cash here, wanna go grab a bite? tteokbokki? Maybe ice cream later. My treat this time i promise. 

 

The end

 

(Cringey ko tongueinuh hahaha.. sorry na.. this was actually based on a social experiment i saw on youtube and i thought the little girl was so cute asking the highschool boy to eat tteokbokki with her cuz she has extra money on her.)