special #1: joohyun & seulgi in the eyes of seungwan.

perfect ten.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your friend really isn’t going to randomly pop up once we’re in school, right?”

 

Seungwan sighs, pressing her palm against her forehead. She has lost count of the number of times Joohyun had asked her the very same question since the moment she came over to have breakfast at her best friend’s place before heading for school. She has heard from both sides about what happened after she left them alone outside the bowling alley and honestly, she’s amazed that Kang Seulgi finally had the guts to confess to her best friend that she has been crushing on since the first time she laid her eyes on her.

 

And the way she confessed?

 

Seungwan thinks it’s cute. 

 

However, Seulgi thought otherwise and was having a mental breakdown through texts, finding her confession too cringy when she told her the whole story. Joohyun, on the other hand, was already racking her brain thinking of how to reject Seulgi without sounding mean after telling her side of the story. She had asked her for help but Seungwan isn’t one to meddle in an affair between two people. Joohyun has to think of the words herself. She doesn’t want her best friend to use her words on Seulgi. That will only make her feel bad. 

 

If Seungwan knew that trying to help Seulgi get closer to Joohyun would end her up in this position, she wouldn’t have invited the former to join their friendly outing. How hard it was to hide it away from Joohyun that day. She had to keep quiet the whole time—which was uncharacteristic of her—until they were at the bowling alley, afraid that she would spill the secret. It was also a lie when she told her best friend that she had forgotten it was her parents’ anniversary. Everything was planned between her and Seulgi a week prior.

 

Minus the confession.

 

That was something Seungwan really didn’t expect.

 

She thought her friend only wanted to be closer to her best friend—the first step being friends instead of their then status: acquaintances.

 

Kang Seulgi was brave to shoot her shot.

 

It is even known to her that Joohyun has a crush on the school’s football captain, Choi Minho. 

 

Seungwan thinks the new semester will be interesting. A strong part of her thinks that Joohyun definitely feels something for the bowling club president. She’s just denying it. If not, why would she be thinking so hard of a nice way to reject her when she has done so easily—her words were brutal sometimes—with other men who had tried courting her?

 

And in Seungwan’s point of view, Joohyun seemed to enjoy the ‘dinner date’ with Seulgi as much as the latter did before spiraling down when it occurred to her that she had to give Seulgi a response.

 

“Is it even right for a woman to like another woman?” Joohyun had asked her that night during their routine video call. “I mean… I’m not against a gender liking the same g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter