To confess or not to confess?

To confess or not to confess? (One Shot)

 

Jaejin’s POV:

I didn’t know since when I started looking at him this way. He just used to be my dongsaeng, my band mate but now he was just more than that. Every time I lay my eyes on him, it would take a lot of strength before I could finally look away and every time I stare at him; my heart would just be filled because of my overflowing feelings for him, as if it was never empty before.

“Hyung!” His voice brought me back to reality. I was doing it again, staring at him and he caught me again, like he always did. Every time he would catch me, he would return it with a smile and I knew instantly there was no way I can look back. All I want to do is look at that smile for as long as I can.

“Oh, sorry, I was spacing out again.” I made this excuse over and over again and he would just giggle and shake his head, little did he know my heart would beat rapidly each and every time.

“I know, I know I’m too gorgeous you can’t resist looking at me.” and he would always make that narcissistic joke that would earn a slap from me after. He had no idea how right he was though. Still, I would hit him hard so I wouldn’t give myself away but in reality, I wanted to give myself away. I wanted to tell him what I was feeling the the entire time. His amused face every time he catches me staring, the smile he would give in return, his conceited remarks would always spark my hopes up. “So hyung, where are the others?” He suddenly asked, disturbing me from my internal monologue.

“They all went out for shabu-shabu remember?” I reminded him.

“Oh right.” He awkwardly shrugged his shoulders and looked at me shyly as if waiting for me to say something next. He then started playing the guitar which I didn’t notice he was doing since I was too caught up with staring at his face. I was about to leave him when he suddenly started singing. His voice, it might not be as great as Hongki’s but it was enough to stop me.

“I hear you breath, you’re lying close to me.” He began singing the first line of Always Be Mine and then he looked at me as he hummed the tune, giving me the signal to sing instead.

“Why the English version though?” I asked as I sat beside him.

“I like English, now go sing.” He hurriedly said to catch up with the next part of the verse.

“You make me calm, with you I’m safe from harm.” I ended up doing what he wanted. It was kind of rough since it was in English but Seunghyun would just let out a soft chuckle if he sees me having a hard time. As I was singing the song, I was at ease; me singing for him, him playing for me. When he plucked the final chords, something inside of me stirred. It was so hard to contain, I wanted to tell him everything I was holding inside. I wanted to drop all pretenses and show him what was really going on inside of me.

“Seunghyun.” I called out his name and he turned to me without saying anything, his sweet face anticipating my next sentence as he pluck random tunes with his guitar. “I uhhh..” I started saying but everything was stuck in a big block inside my throat. All the reason why I shouldn’t say it started flashing at once. It was so hard to keep up with my thoughts.

“Hyung, if you have nothing more to say I’ll just..” I panicked. He was about to leave and my chance of confessing would be ruined if I didn’t do anything now. I then shut all my thoughts and let my heart dominate for this moment and without further thinking…

“I LOVE YOU SEUNGHYUN!” I blurted out, tears were forming in my eyes and I was starting to feel weak. It was as if I did a very strenuous activity that took all my energy away. “I LOVE YOU.. Don’t hate me for it. I don’t know how it happened but suddenly, I found myself just looking at you and only you.” I paused and looked down as my tears started to fall on the ground. I didn’t have the courage to look up so I kept looking down, watching the floor get wet by my tears. “And every time I look at you my heart beats so fast as if I’m going to die. It’s lame I know, but I’ve been feeling this for a long time already. As time went by, it became harder and harder to control. My thoughts are all Seunghyun; when I wake up, before I go to sleep, in my dreams, when I’m listening to music, when I see an angry bird, even when I’m doing something, IT’S ALL ABOUT SONG SEUNGHYUN!” I blurted out all my frustrations, how he took up every space in my head, every single heart beat that I had. I slowly lifted my head to look at him when suddenly I felt something capturing my lips. My eyes shot open when I finally processed what was going on. He parted with my lips gently and our eyes were searching for the other.

“You talk too much sometimes hyung. I love you too.” He whispered softly and blush crept through our faces. My tears wouldn’t stop falling though. I was just too happy I cannot believe this was all happening.  “Aish, if only I had known earlier then you wouldn’t have cried like this.” He said, a little pissed off at his self as he wiped my tears in my eyes with his own hands. “If only I’m as brave as hyung then we could’ve been together a long time ago. Aish.” He continued wiping and his words made me cry even more. “Aish! WHY ARE THERE MORE TEARS?! HYUNG!!!” he was whining and I found this really cute so I was laughing and crying at the same time. His face was in panic since he was trying to make me stop crying but I ended up being so emotional and cried even more.

“I’m sorry. I’m just so happy I can’t believe you feel the same way too all this time.” I hurriedly wiped my tears with my arms and I felt him stopping from doing so. He suddenly pulled me closer and kissed me again. My heart stopped beating for a second and my eyes shot wide open again but after a few more seconds, I responded and kissed him back, wanting to taste more of him but he broke off the kiss and grinned at me.

“See, you stopped crying! Haha!” he let out a chuckle and I felt myself blushed even more. I was pouting already but he wouldn’t stop laughing and I thought of getting my revenge.

I grabbed the back of his head and pulled him closer to my face and started kissing him. I his lip asking for entrance but I guess he was too stunned to respond. This got me impatient so I softly bit his lower lip. When he parted his lips because of what I did, I immediately took the chance and pushed my tongue inside of him. I took my time in exploring his mouth, enjoying while I was at it. It was a kiss that showed him how I wanted him so badly but at the same time it was gentle since I didn’t want to scare him away. In no time, his tongue was dancing with mine and he was with pleasure with each of my hot kisses. He was enjoying too much already though and something between my legs was starting to get excited as well so I had to pull off. It was so hard stopping; you had no idea how sweet he tasted. I let go of his head and I chuckled when I saw his stunned face. My revenge was a success, I can say that very clearly.

“See, you stopped laughing at me! Haha!” I laughed at him and his face told me that he would melt any second now because of embarrassment. I decided to some more by suddenly bringing my face closer to his lips and he jumped a little and held his chest as if something will pop out from it. “I didn’t know I was that good though.” I said to him and moved away.

“Stop teasing me!” he whined but he was so cute I cannot not look at him.

“What if I want to? You’re mine now after all.”

“WHO SAID SO?!” he shouted at me and I felt like an airhead. My face and shoulder dropped, my whole body feeling weak again. Those few words were enough to take my life away. “I’m just kidding hyung! Don’t give me that look! Smile for Hyunnie please? Hyunnie loves you very much!” he was then all over me, hugging me, trying to get my attention. I let out a soft smile with the words he said and hugged him back and buried my face on his neck. “That tickles hyung!” he sort of complained but I kept on doing it and he started giggling.

“Do you really love me?” I suddenly stopped and his giggles died down when my voice turned serious.

“I wouldn’t let you snuggle on me like this if I don’t.” He then lifted up my chin and made me look at his eyes. “And most of all, I won’t let you do this..” He kissed me on the lips, a peck only but it tells you every ounce of his feelings and after doing so he looked back at my eyes again. “ I am so in love with you I don’t even know how to stop touching you right now.”

“Then don’t stop touching me then.” I tiptoed a little so I can reach his lips and he was kind enough to lean down a little. Our lips met once again and I can feel neither of us wanted to separate. “I think we should go to my room.” I said without completely removing myself on him.

“Good idea.” He said while panting and he impatiently captured my lips again as we stumbled while making our way towards my room. I didn’t know how we made it but the next things I heard were the door closing and pants ping.