One More Try

In Another Life (Chanyeol x OC)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Tomorrow by Chanyeol

 

You observed your surroundings and kept landing your eyes on Chanyeol, who was confused as hell. You took your old phone and checked the date: November 20.

What in the world? Why am I here again?

You knew what that week would entail, and you didn’t want to go through everything once more especially you finding out about Chanyeol’s womanizing.

Would the results be the opposite if you approach them differently this time?

Is the universe punishing you for being an absentee girlfriend?

Why would you be punished if he’s the one doing something behind your back?

Is there something you can do to survive this weirdness that’s going on?

Hell, are you still on your right mind?

You stood up and picked up his shirt that laid on the floor. “Do you want some breakfast?” you asked while putting it on. It was, indeed, a half-hearted question, but you knew it was better than letting things be.

“You’re asking me?” he pointed to himself, amused of your sudden change in mood.

“Yes. Sorry I…I had a bad dream, and it felt so real.”

“What is it about?”

“Uhm…some mindboggling things here and there.”

“Was it about me?” he tried joking.

You only shook your head.

“S-sure. Uhm, you’d really make breakfast for me?” his eyes were wide as he wore his boxers comfortably in front of you.

“Yes. What do you want? Toast and coffee?” you offered as you eyed his entirety.

“You read my mind. Yeah, I’d like to have those.”

“Do you have a busy day today?” you asked from the bathroom while freshening up.

“Yes, a bit. Why? Do you need anything from me?”

“I was thinking if we can stay here today. Catch up? We barely do that anyways.”

“Y-you’d do that for me?” he was full of wonder that for a time, you thought of all the lapses you had as a girlfriend.

Then again, the cheating still can’t be justified.

“Yes. I’ll call in sick today. But can you stay with me here?” that time, you didn’t care about your job anymore. Hell, you might go back to that moment again for all you know. It simply felt like you were floating in a dream and you were invincible to a certain extent.

“I’m sure I can arrange for something. I’ll just work at your living room.”

Chanyeol was quiet as he observed you preparing his breakfast. Truthfully, you’re not used to this as you’d only buy food from the convenience store and well, your father had been catering to you prior his death.

“Let me help,” he approached you and took the pan to continue what you were doing.

“Oh. Okay…” you went to prepare his coffee instead. “It’s your birthday in a week…” you murmured as you kept a blank face.

“Oh yes,” he was all smiles that you remembered, most likely about to bring it up too.

“Do you want to go on a trip? Just the two of us?”

He chuckled. “What is going on with you?”

“Why?”

“You’re usually not like this.”

“How am I? Stiff?” you smiled for the first time in a while.

“You simply let me be,” he said carefully. “Whatever that dream is must have left an impression on you.”

“I’m working on changing that. I want to be involved in your life more,” you sat down as he put the food on the table and helped you with the cups of coffee.

“You do?” he covered his mouth with a hand. “Again, what did you dream about?”

“What’s so funny?”

“Nothing. Uhm, I was thinking of that the other day. Well, all the time. And the truth is, I had been planning to open up to you about something.”

“About what exactly?”

. Is he opening up about his women? You’re so not ready for this sudden confrontation.

“I wanted to know if you still want to push through with this relationship.”

“Chanyeol…” you said sullenly.

“I mean, we barely open up to each other like this. And I really appreciate this talk. I really do.”

“Is it about me having less time for you, or something else?”

“Like what?”

You decided to push through with it. “You might have eyes on another person all this time. You can tell me, Chanyeol,” you pretended to be strong.

“Come on, that’s true,” he denied right away. “How can I do that when I’m so busy with work?”

Liar. Liar!!!

Truthfully, you don’t know how to handle it if he will confirm it himself. But what the hell? This version of Chanyeol may be a loyal one anyways. You didn’t know what to think, as you were starting to question your sanity.

“I am asking you if you wanted to push through with this because I’m still game to working things out if you’re up for it,” he explained his intentions carefully.

You were silenced by his statement.

“I mean…we can leave everything behind and have a fresh start. I know you’re going through a lot with the death of your father, and I truly understand and I am here to support you. I just want us to be on the same page moving forward.”

Since when did Chanyeol become this mature? You thought.

You were silent and pondered on everything he has told you thus far.

“You know what my work entails. I’m sorry I had been extremely busy,” you finally responded. “And yes, losing my father really put a dent in my heart.”

“That’s why I was wondering if you still wanted to be in a relationship. I mean, to be honest, it’s clearly not in your list of priorities, Minna. And I…I have needs too,” it was a rephrased version of the things he said previously.

The tone of this conversation is truly not what you expected. You were anticipating plates being thrown, a shouting session with the most dramatic words being exchanged here and there. And yet, it seemed like both of you are this mature, grown-up couple being open to each other about your vulnerabilities.

“I am aware of that, Yeol. And I want you to know that your friends keep introducing you to other women, saying that you can do so much better than me.”

He was silent. At least he didn’t shout.

“That’s why I want to make an active effort to work on what we have. Because I know we’re kind of falling apart, and I’m partly to blame, because I would prioritize my work.”

He rubbed your hand and smiled. “That’s what I want too. I’m so happy we’re on the same page, Minna.”

“I’m willing for us to start anew. I have been honest with you of my shortcomings, but I want you to do the same. Do you have anything to tell me so we can drop it all and like what you suggested, move forward?”

His eyebrows creased, then he cleared his throat. “Minna, what are you trying to say, really?”

“It can be anything. Anything that has been bugging you, and you think might hinder us from starting fresh.”

He looked away and pursed his lips. If he will tell the truth, you will definitely appreciate his honesty but you’re not sure if you can completely forgive him. It was like taking baby steps that time.

“I only want this new start with you. That’s all in my mind right now,” he leaned in for a kiss, but you moved away.

“Are you sure? Nothing? Nothing’s been bothering you? I mean, we’re not perfect, Yeol,” you almost told him of his womanizing or is it even true in this reality?

He shook his head. “Give me a kiss and let’s plan that getaway.”

Safe to say you were disappointed that he never admitted his cheating but you thought you will have more opportunities that day to make him spill everything. Then again, you were hoping that this version is the faithful one. Is that even possible? So many questions lingered on your mind.

You called in sick that day, which is a big no no because of the field you are in. You went through with it as this time travel thing is too bizarre to proceed with everything as they are.

You stuck with Chanyeol the entire day, not letting him out of your sight. You excitedly planned your upcoming getaway at Jeju Island still. You accompanied him when he went back to his house to get his laptop and guitar. You weren’t a good cook, so you had lunch delivered, and simply cleaned your small apartment as he did his lyrics writing.

“What are you working on now?” you sat beside him at the couch and looked at his notebook.

“This song for Madice,” he murmured. “You?”

“Oh. Uhm, I’m looking at the winning numbers for the lottery.”

“Seriously?” he chuckled. “Never thought you’re a fan of those. The odds of winning are so low.”

If he only knew what you’re going through now; the probability of it happening is most likely slimmer than winning the jackpot.

“What is this song you’re working on?” you went back to knowing more about what he’s doing.

“They need help for their B-side but I’m having difficulties finishing the lyrics of this particular song.”

“May I see?” you put an arm on his shoulder and studied what he wrote.

“The chorus goes like this,” he started humming while strumming his guitar.

“Wow, this is good,” you were amazed and for a time you were reminded of how he was when he initially pursued you, singing these songs he wrote for you, even having the band surprise you with it over a candlelit dinner.

Whatever happened to your relationship that it spiraled down to this?

“I actually wrote it for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter