Take this risk with me

Alexithymia

Rei was busy organizing her things when a small blue envelope dropped on the floor. She picked it up ready to toss it to the trash.

"Liz" was written on the bottom right corner of the envelope.

Confusion mixed with nervousness engulfed her chest. She made her way to her bed and opened it with trembling hands.

Hi Rei.

I don't know if you'll ever find this letter but I'm leaving it here in your room anyways. I have pondered for the longest time if i will ever find the courage to write the things that haunts me the most.

I was afraid.

I was afraid to write you a letter but I'll take it as a good sign because writing the truth is always terrifying.

I love you.

I love you Rei. I have loved you ever since we were ty highschool kids.

I know this may seem like a lie coming from me because you've known me for being a non believer of love. You know i was incapable of giving and receiving love. You watched me reject every single suitor that has come my way to have a shallow thing with me called relationship. You listened to me rant about those people who would risk their whole entire being to someone whom they've only known on the surface level.

I remember you saying this to me
  "Love is a wonderful thing to have and for a person to hate such a magical thing must not love themselves enough."

I never really understood- no scratch that, I refused to understand what you meant by that because i know for a fact that

I was busy hating myself for hating love . and i don't want you to know about it.

but silly me for trying to hide it from you. You knew all along. You knew i hated that about myself.

Despite knowing so, you still showed me love in hopes that i would realize soon that love wasn't so bad after all. You would insist on going to school together, you'd make me a homemade lunch, you'd stay up all night with me even though it's evident on your face that you would rather sleep through the boring things I'm doing,

You, staying by my side the whole time made me realize one thing.

It's bull to think that You can't love someone unless you love yourself first.

You know from the start i have never loved myself.

But you

Oh god, i love you so much

I forgot what hating myself felt like.

I know this is dangerous and might ruin our wonderful friendship for good. but Rei, i want us to change.

I want you, i want you more than anything. So please tell me

Will you take this risk with me?

Rei nearly fell on the floor face first as she dashed to the door hoping to catch liz before she got in her car to go home. She was running so fast that her neighbours thought she was being chased by a dog.

When she finally saw liz who was on the other side of the road, and was about to open her car door, she used up her last energy to dash through the traffic nearly getting crashed by a passing car.

Upon hearing the commotion, liz looked behind her to find rei standing in front of a car that was honking loudly.

Rei! What were you thinking! You almost got hit! Liz shouted as she jogged towards rei. Liz then grabbed her hand in a haste to pull her on to the safer side of the road.

What the were you thinking running mindlessly like that! Liz bawled. her eyes full of worry.

Rei started crying as she threw herself at liz.
"Hey, it's okay now. You're okay now. I got you okay?" Liz said as she kissed rei's forehead. "God you scared me there for a second. Thank the stars you're okay. Shh stop crying now."

"Liz, i love you too." Rei lifts her head trying to look at Liz's eyes with her own tearful eyes.

Liz was shocked beyond words as she heard what rei said to her. Then realization hit her.

Ah she finally found the letter i left a long time ago.

Liz laughed loudly getting the attention of the people around them. "You finally found my letter. What took you so long?" Liz said still laughing.

"Stop laughing! And yes i just found your letter. When did you leave them there?" Rei angrily replied.

"College."

"2 years ago? Why haven't you said anything?"

"I thought you read my letter? Did you not?" Liz sighed. "I was afraid you'd reject me to my face, that's why i wrote them. Don't you like it? I thought you want to receive a letter from me?"

"I love it. It's just that you could've just told me sooner. We would've been happily together by now. Rei poutily said.

"It's okay i can wait for you, even if it takes forever."