Chapter 7: One month before the contract ends

The Marriage Contract

Jungkook was in deep thought. He realised he had already fell in love with her but have no idea how he’s going to tell her. He was afraid of risking their friendship by confessing to her. The idea of losing her as a friend forever scares him but at the same time, he doesn’t want to let her go either. His deep thought was disturbed when he heard a knock on his door. Lilly called him to the living room.

‘So, you’re planning to continue your studies abroad and renting your room out?’ Jungkook asked her.  He was feeling down but tried his best not to let his feeling show on his face.

‘Yes, after our contract ends, I’m planning to do that’

‘Okay’ he replied expressionless

‘Great then’ she replied. A part of her felt sad though because he didn’t try to stop her from going.

‘So Jungkook, after our contract ends, you’re planning to continue staying here right?’ she asked

‘Yeah’ Jungkook replied

They both sat in silence for a few minutes pretending to be busy looking at their phone. Then, Jk went back to his room. She wondered why he behaved very differently today.

Few days later…

‘What’s with this cold treatment?’ she asked him

He replied nothing and was about to enter into his room only to be blocked by her. ‘Stop avoiding me. What’s wrong with you? If you’re upset with me, talk to me about it. Have I done something wrong to you? I’ll only know if you tell me, so talk to me instead of behaving weirdly like this’ she said

She realised Jk has not been speaking much few days back. His response would always be short. And lately, his behaviour was getting even weirder. At first, she thought it was a work problem, maybe he was stressed about his work but then when he stopped talking and started avoiding her, she knew she had to talk to him.

She was shocked when she saw him trying to blink his tears away. He avoided her gaze as a tear ran down his cheek.

‘What’s wrong’ she asked as she wiped his tears away and held his hand.

‘Are you sure you wanna know what’s wrong with me’ he asked looking at her eyes

‘I’m in love with you and I don’t want you to go away’ he said

She froze and was shocked by what she just heard.

She never knew Jungkook liked her. She thought a guy like him wouldn’t fall for someone like her.

When Jungkook heard no response, he turned around to open the door to his room only to be stopped by her voice.

‘Jungkook’ she called

Jungkook turned around.

‘This is my answer’ she gave him a peck on his lips

Jungkook froze and they both just stared at each other in silence.

‘I like you too’ she broke the silence

Jungkook continued staring into her eyes for what felt like eternity to her. He smiled and then pulled her into his embrace.

‘Let’s extend the one year contract to a life time contract then’ he whispered into her ear before pulling her in for a kiss.