At the Edge of the Crowd

At the Edge of the Crowd

Hyukjae looks into the audience, getting ready for his last part, when he spots him.

A man standing at the edges of the crowd, a look of awe upon his face as he takes in the show.

Hyukjae's used to looks of astonishment, but this man... he had a look of wonder, pure and sweet.

Without realizing, Hyukjae is launched into the air. Even middair, his mind is still stuck on the man.

Once done, rather than head backstage and remove his harness and later join the ending speech on stage, he heads into the crowd for the last segment of the performance.

His castmates are pulling random audience members to dance with, but Hyukjae has a specific man in mind.

Hyukjae finds him amidst flashing lights and deafening music, and holds out his hand. The man looks hesistant, but Hyukjae smiles and beckons him once more to join him.

The man places his hand in Hyukjae's and smiles, bright and brilliant, and Hyukjae swears all the air has been out of the room as he stands still for a heartbeat.

Hyukjae tightens his grip and pulls him towards the center, chaos and energy enveloping the two entirely.

The two dance with wild abandon, laughter drowned out in the room as the crowd moves with them.

Hyukjae wonders if love at first sight is possible.

The man smiles once more at Hyukjae, eyes crinkling in joy, and Hyukjae wants to believe, more than anything, that it is possible.