3/3

boss of me

 

For the past few months of being in a relationship, both Yujin and Minjoo were content with what they currently had. So far, they were happy and peaceful, loving each other wholeheartedly as much as they could, getting stronger each day.

 

Thankfully, they had supportive friends and Aunt Heeda was always there. Though there would be misunderstandings and little arguments, it just made them grow together as partners. Both dealt with everything that came in their way hand in hand.

 

Their relationship was still a secret in the workplace though since they didn’t want any accusations of being biased and everything so that… rule that Minjoo herself made about romantic relationships in her company wasn’t allowed was still in practice but Minjoo ignored it. No one needed to know that she was being a hypocrite.

 

They talked about it and even Yujin suggested leaving Minjoo’s company instead to avoid future troubles and save Minjoo’s image but the latter, of course, rejected firmly and said that that suggestion was out of the table.

 

( “Why not, Lady Kim?” Yujin asked softly, genuinely curious of Minjoo’s answer as she sat down on the couch.

 

Minjoo was standing in front of her, hands resting on her hips as she gave Yujin a pointed look as if she should’ve known by now about Minjoo’s reason but then, Yujin was no mind-reader so the CEO responded while biting her nail, “You’re literally my motivation now, Yujin, and the one who tames me. If you leave, I might slack off and be even more grumpy.” She said, seriously about it, there was no humor in her tone at all.

 

It was the truth, and after Yujin entered her life, Minjoo was less grumpy and didn’t really lash on the employees anymore. Even the people were shocked at her little change, and they could certainly notice the glow yet they didn’t really say anything about it, satisfied enough that Minjoo wasn’t giving them any reason to fear her anymore.

 

That made Yujin chuckle, pulling her girlfriend to her lap and Minjoo happily snuggled closer anyway, enjoying being babied by her own lover, holding her close. “But Lady Kim…” Yujin was about to protest when Minjoo pressed a kiss on her lips to shut her off. It was very effective.

 

“Let’s not dwell on it now, it’s a problem for the future if we aren’t careful,” Minjoo said, caressing Yujin’s cheek, her eyes on the latter’s lips — wanting to kiss it already. “And we will be careful, right?” She murmured and finally claimed Yujin’s lips longer this time.

 

Yujin surrendered and melted in the kiss. That topic was dropped instantly. )

 

Minjoo did promise that she would lift the relationship ban up soon and Yujin was certainly sure that Minjoo would be more bolder in the office once it was lifted. Minjoo was a fan of PDA, and she never really held back when it came to showing affection even in little ways. Minjoo was the type to pout whenever Yujin would retract her own hand from holding Minjoo’s hand.

 

Although that would save Minjoo’s image of being a huge hypocrite, Yujin would be a target of envy and scandalous looks because she was in a romantic relationship with her boss. Let’s be real, that was what people would immediately think of and not that because they were cute and really madly in love with one another. The marketing department might understand it but the others? Not so much.

 

Minjoo just wanted to protect Yujin as well so they would still spot a perfect timing, and for the meantime, hide their relationship away from the public gaze.

 

In the office, it was the same old boring routine, Minjoo would call Yujin to go to her office to discuss something or pass over the report — then they would spend minutes cuddling on the couch or making out at the desk. Sometimes, in the conference area as well.

 

For now, they were content with this dirty little secret they had. They were the happiest with one another anyway, and it was visible.

 

“Here are the reports, Lady Kim,” Yujin handed over the papers to Minjoo who just boredly took it then placed it on the desk. She then stood up before pulling her lover with her to the couch of her office.

 

Yujin sat, and Minjoo settled beside her, resting her head on the former’s shoulders before closing her eyes and letting out a satisfied sigh. With a smile, Yujin pulled her closer and gently her hair, “Are you suffering from a migraine again?”

 

Minjoo hummed, and snuggled further to Yujin, desperate for her warmth. She was just really a clingy baby, and Yujin’s heart warmed. Minjoo was very affectionate and sweet, Yujin had grown used to it. “Yeah, pretty tough day today because I had a meeting with the board. They’re quite a handful.” She murmured.

 

Yujin patted her girlfriend’s head lovingly. “I’ll prepare the medicine for you and some water as well.” She gently said, and Minjoo whined when Yujin attempted to stand up, pulling her back.

 

“No need for that, I only need you, stay for a little while… please,” whispered Minjoo, cutely hugging her tight and burying her face on Yujin’s neck which made the latter chuckle, and embraced her lover tighter, abiding her little wish.

 

“Alright, but I can’t stay for too long, the team has a lot of stuff to work on.” Yujin said, and pressed a kiss on Minjoo’s forehead, gently her back to comfort her older lover. In that frosty, glass-walled office, no one could really witness their love for each other, and Yujin felt safe so she made sure to pepper Minjoo little kisses and comforted her; in return, Minjoo kept letting some delighted hums and purr.

 

After five minutes, Yujin excused herself and Minjoo almost didn’t want to let her, there was a pout on her lips but she couldn’t do anything or else — people would get too suspicious. Yujin went back to work and mingled lightly with her co-workers until late afternoon.

 

Working hours ended, and as usual, Yujin stayed in, typing away. It was actually just a reason for her to stay behind and go home with Minjoo since the latter practically lives in that huge house Minjoo owned but it was alright so the latter would feel less lonely. There were times as well that they would sleep over at Yujin’s house instead if Heeda’s duty in the hospital was daytime so the older woman wouldn’t feel too alone though she didn’t mind being alone in the house.

 

Her co-workers were already used to it and let Yujin do whatever she wanted, always teasing her that she would bag that employee of the year award soon, oblivious to the real reason why Yujin would stay behind. Once the employees were already on their way home, Yujin would close her laptop and go to Minjoo’s office to remind her that they needed to go home since the latter was mostly hunched up in her desk and PC too, working diligently.

 

Yujin would wait for a few minutes for Minjoo to finish up and take her things before they leave the office together then go home or go to a restaurant to have a dinner date. But for that day, they went straight home because Yujin promised to cook while Minjoo wanted to attempt to bake something.

 

Minjoo was getting more decent at baking, she burnt her cookies before when she first tried but now, it was getting better and better, and she could bake different breads and pastries as well. Yujin would sometimes bring those snacks with her the next day at work to nibble at while she worked.

 

It always felt like they were already married at this point because of their domestic routine, no complaints anyway because they loved being like this so much. In the safe space of Minjoo’s house, they were free to act like lovers that they were, not scared to show affection and everything.

 

“Let’s have a dinner date tomorrow, I reserved a table at this restaurant,” Minjoo suddenly said when they were eating peacefully in the luxurious dining hall.

 

Yujin chuckled, swallowing the food she cooked before responding, “Why? Not satisfied with today’s dinner, love?” teased the younger woman with a smile.

 

Minjoo panicked a little and immediately shook her head, “No, it’s just… it’s Yuri’s fiance’s restaurant. It just opened today and well, she asked us to go.” She answered to clarify, not wanting Yujin to get the wrong idea that she didn’t enjoy her cooking.

 

Yuji nodded understandingly, “Yuri did mention it to me a few days ago as well,” She replied, taking another bite of the food, staring at her lover across her.

 

Minjoo bit her lower lip, “So, what do you think? Should we go and grab a bite?” asked the older woman.

 

Yujin smiled at her, “Sure, why not? To show support as well.” She responded with a soft voice and soft gaze that almost melted Minjoo off.

 

The CEO nodded, delightfully, “It’s a date then.” She commented and Yujin giggled at her. They continued to eat until they finished, and since Yujin cooked — Minjoo washed the dirty dishes while the younger woman would call Heeda to check on her.

 

After that, they would go upstairs to take a shower together before they slept. Yujin wore Minjoo’s oversized set of pajamas while the latter wore her usual nightgown but it was see-through this time that made Yujin freeze when she appeared out of the walk-in closet in the room.

 

Minjoo walked slowly towards the nightstand and opened the lamp before turning off the lights. She then faced Yujin who was sitting on her side of the bed with her hands on her lap, and staring at Minjoo with her wide innocent eyes.

 

her lower lip, Minjoo slowly approached her and Yujin gulped because she could see the desire in Minjoo’s foxy eyes. There was just something in her that night, and it felt like her whole being was enticing Yujin.

 

When Minjoo was finally standing in front of her, Yujin shuddered especially when the older woman reached for her cheek, gently caressing it. The older woman stared down at Yujin as if she was ready to devour her.

 

Yujin’s heartbeat started to rapidly beat against her chest as they continued to have this intense eye-contact, and there was a lump on when she realized that both of them wouldn’t be sleeping early tonight.

 

Minjoo bent down, and captured her lips when she finally got the hint that Yujin wanted this as well, and that she was waiting for her to do something so she did. And God, Yujin’s lips were so heavenly, Minjoo couldn’t really get enough of it as if this was the first time she tasted something tasty and addicting like ice cream.

 

Gently, without breaking the kiss, Minjoo pushed forward, straddling her lap while Yujin had to support her weight using her elbows — their lips still connected and moving softly against one another for a sync sweet kiss.

 

As they kissed, Minjoo’s hands s from grasping Yujin’s shoulders to moving downwards to pop the buttons of her pajama top one by one in a hurried manner. Yujin could only whimper and hum in anticipation as she let her girlfriend do whatever she wanted to her.

 

Once Minjoo was done, her hands slithered on Yujin’s bare sides that caused the latter to squirm a little. She finally broke the kiss and stared at her lover with her majestic eyes, with pure desire and love swirling in them. She couldn’t help but to get mesmerized at Yujin’s messy look after their two minute kissing session: with her eyes fully blown in excitement and passion, panting softly, her agape mouth, and her swollen lips that Minjoo thoroughly kissed until it reddened.

 

A sight to behold, exclusively for Kim Minjoo.

 

“Are you tired?” asked Minjoo in the form of a whisper, breathy and sultry.

 

Yujin bit her inner cheek and gulped a little, “No,” She answered almost immediately, almost desperately. “Not at all.” She added, and her fingers started to tightly hold the bedsheets under her palm.

 

Minjoo smiled then leaned in closer, pecking her lips before pulling away but this time, the loving and fond look disappeared, replaced with something akin to a fox ready to wolf down her prey — pure hunger written all over her godly face. Her sweet smile turned into a smug smirk.

 

Her lithe fingers traced Yujin’s lower spine, making the latter shiver.

 

her lower lip, Minjoo stared at her with her dilating pupils. “Good,” She commented and inched closer once more to claim Yujin’s lips, biting the latter’s lower lip and even tugged at it a little which made her let out a small groan.

 

“Because I’ll tire you out.”

 

///

 

Yujin woke up and the familiar view of Minjoo’s grand and luxurious bedroom greeted her. She was already used to it because she almost literally lived here in the house but it still made her feel off sometimes because of how lavish it was.

 

She slowly sat up despite feeling worn out and still tired since she felt no presence beside her anymore and because the clock was already showing 6:15 AM. She already overslept which was unusual. It only happened when she was really tired, and well, after last night’s activities — it shouldn’t be a surprise anymore.

 

She rubbed her eyes and looked at the side, there was no Minjoo so it made her frown a little, thinking where her lover might have gone. Between the two of them, Yujin is always the one who wakes up early since she already got used to waking up very early to prepare for work since her place was a little bit far away from the NIEVES’ headquarters. Even if she was staying over at Minjoo’s house, she couldn’t really take off that habit.

 

After collecting her thoughts and stretching, she slipped out of the thick sheets and padded towards the closet to get some robe. She wore it before going to the bathroom to wash her face and tied her hair up into a messy bun then went downstairs.

 

She easily spotted Minjoo. She was at the kitchen, preparing breakfast which surprised Yujin but she couldn’t help to smile big as she approached the older woman who was diligently preparing the food on the plate. She was already freshly showered but still wasn’t wearing decent office attire, instead she was wearing Yujin’s clothes then an apron. She looked so cute that Yujin’s heart melted.

 

“Love,” Yujin called softly and that easily caught Minjoo’s attention, turning to her with a bright expression.

 

“Good morning, my sunshine,” Minjoo chirped, and disregarded the food she was preparing to approach Yujin halfway for a hug.

 

Yujin hugged her lover back tight. “Good morning. You prepared breakfast, huh? Sure they’re edible?” She teased before pulling away, greeted by Minjoo’s pouting face.

 

“Hey, I still can cook decent meals!” Minjoo whined, and Yujin chuckled at her cuteness. The older woman just shook her head and pointed at her seat, “Take a seat, let’s eat now.”

 

They started to eat their usual breakfast in peace. Minjoo rarely cooked breakfast for them since Yujin was the one who gets to wake up early. She usually cooks then wakes Minjoo up afterwards so they could eat together or sometimes, breakfast in bed together.

 

“Are you feeling sore?” asked Minjoo out of the blue when she was munching her sausage.

 

Yujin almost choked on her sandwich. With reddening cheeks, Yujin coughed, “Must you ask that question while we’re eating?” asked the younger woman, shaking her head a little but there was a small smile lingering on her lips.

 

“Hey, it’s a decent question. I’m just worried that I overdid it last night.” Minjoo fought back, frowning but there was a smirk blooming on her lips as she reminisced about what happened last night before taking a bite from her sausage once more. She then wiggled her brows to lover further.

 

Yujin gave her a pointed look before continuing to eat, “A little bit sore but I can manage it, don’t worry—” And as expected, Minjoo was alerted and almost looked too guilty after giving Yujin a good time last night.

 

“Can you go to work? How about you take a day off? I’m sorry—” Yujin cut her off, giving her a pointed look and raising her hand. Minjoo immediately stopped talking, pursing her lips together.

 

“I’m fine, it’s just normal that I feel sore but I can walk and function perfectly, yes?” Yujin reassured her but Minjoo still looked a little bit guilty because of it.

 

Minjoo puckered her lips a little, “Should we cancel our dinner date later? So you can rest early.” She suggested, biting her lower lip, worried.

 

Yujin shook her head gently, “Let’s push through. I’m looking forward to it.” She said with a smile and with that, Minjoo let out a relieved sigh after.

 

They continued to eat their breakfast and chat until Yujin went to the shower to take a bath while Minjoo cleaned everything up and to dress up in proper working attire as well. Afterwards, they went to their workplace together once more, continuing their usual day yearning for each other in the office.

 

Working hours approached as fast as it started. Once Yujin finished up, she fetched Minjoo in the office who she caught doing her make-up to look more presentable for their dinner date while Yujin just chuckled at her and watched her with fond eyes until she finished.

 

They went together to the newly opened restaurant of Yuri’s lover. Unfortunately, Yuri couldn’t go with them because of her schedule but made sure to tell Hyewon that they would be coming over and asked her to take care of the lovey-dovey couple.

 

The restaurant was very nice and fancy as expected. Yujin wasn’t exactly prepared for how lavish it was, she thought it was just a little bit of a formal restaurant… not high-end so she was worried about her outfit. It was just one of her normal office attire so she looked underprepared.

 

Minjoo made sure to compliment her and assured her that she looked so good when she noticed her worry. Yujin was grateful because what mattered the most was Minjoo, she just didn’t want rich people to ogle at them because of her normal-looking clothes.

 

“It’s finally nice meeting you, Yujin,” Hyewon said when they finally met. The woman was gorgeous and looked like a model, no one would even guess that she was a professional chef at all because of her model-like visuals but of course, Minjoo was the most beautiful in Yujin’s eyes. “Yul loves to gush over you.”

 

They conversed lightly for a little while until Hyewon asked about their orders and excused herself.

 

“How are you liking the place so far?” Minjoo strikes a conversation to start.

 

Yujin chuckled in discomfort, squirming on her seat. “It’s okay for a lavish place. I was intimidated at first but since Hyewon welcomed us warmly, I feel better. Though I still feel like I don’t belong here.” She revealed honestly which made Minjoo’s eyes go softer.

 

“We’ll go to a more casual one next time,” Minjoo told her, reaching for her hand on the table that made Yujin smile sweetly at her.

 

Yujin was pretty vocal about this since before, Minjoo loved to take her to lavish places that Yujin wasn’t used to because she grew up poor and lived in simplicity. Though they had an agreement that it would be okay to take her sometimes to such places, her discomfort whenever she was in those kinds of places was always present but Yujin made sure to also blend in along in Minjoo’s world because the latter was making an effort to get used to Yujin’s world as well because she was born with a golden spoon in .

 

They were both adjusting to each other’s lifestyle and worlds despite having difficulties trying to fit in.

 

After a little while, the food was served and they were both having a fun time, sharing comments about the food. And for the first time, Yujin was enjoying eating expensive food. Before, she wasn’t really liking it at all, too overpriced for its portion and taste. It was a good thing that Hyewon was really a great chef.

 

“Darling, try this smoked salmon,” Minjoo said, picking a piece of salmon from the plate then placing it on Yujin’s almost empty plate. Minjoo never really let the woman’s plate go empty, she would always put food in the younger woman’s plate. Yujin also loved to do it with Minjoo but the latter’s appetite was smaller than Yujin’s, so she easily gets full.

 

Yujin just smiled and nodded like a puppy, tasting the food, and hummed in delight. Minjoo gave her a toothy grin, “Tasty, right?”

 

The younger woman nodded again, really loving the taste of the fishy taste of the salmon. “Yes, I love the spices and how it was cooked—”

 

“Minjoo?”

 

Both stopped and turned to the manly voice that just suddenly piped in.

 

Yujin’s eyes widened in recognition when her gaze landed on the good-looking man standing in front of their table, and Minjoo was curious and surprised at first at the call but when she recognized who it was at one look, her face dimmed a little.

 

The tall guy tilted his head in amusement, his eyes flashed in recognition when he finally confirmed that he was right. “Ah, fancy meeting you here, lil’ sis.” He said, showing his pearly teeth.

 

If Yujin was right, it was Kim Jeno, Minjoo’s half-brother. No, Yujin was sure it was him, it had been just a while since Yujin saw him.

 

Of course, Yujin knew Minjoo’s siblings though not as much as Minjoo since she used to bump into some of them in their residence but only occasionally before when she was younger. They never really paid much attention to her unlike Minjoo, and Yujin was sure that they forgot about her.

 

Jeno was the third child. Most of them were half-siblings anyway since their father had a lot of affairs with different women. Minjoo had no full siblings. Her mother was actually a famous model that died just a few years after she was born.

 

Back to Minjoo’s half brother, Jeno was an actor but recently he had taken interest in business and laying low on the entertainment industry. As expected, he was charming and good-looking like his sister. Beauty ran down in their blood.

 

If Yujin could remember, Jeno was one of the bratty and annoying siblings. He used to bully Yujin before when she used to visit her aunt who was working in their home. He and Minjoo weren’t really close, but then, Minjoo was just close to her female siblings since the guys liked to act superior and smug which Minjoo hated.

 

“Jeno,” Minjoo nodded in acknowledgement but there was annoyance in her eyes already. “It’s been a while.” She boredly added.

 

Jeno released a manly giggle, and his eyes shifted on Yujin for a second before turning it back to his sister. “Yeah, been a year or so? How have you been, little sister?”

 

Minjoo arched a brow on him. “Why are you playing nice now, Jeno?” She hissed, shaking her head and her mood was obviously getting spoiled. “Can you please go back to whatever you are doing here and leave us alone? Not really in the mood to deal with you.” She coldly said, and Yujin got a little bit surprised with the attitude. She wasn’t too used to witnessing Minjoo’s y attitude anymore so she was quite flabbergasted.

 

Jeno sniffled, “Now, now. We haven’t seen each other for more than a year and this is how you will talk to your older brother?” asked the man, suppressing his anger, feeling offended because Minjoo was easily dismissing her in such a situation.

 

Minjoo continued to eat, slicing her meat before putting a few pieces on Yujin’s place which made the latter tense, and treated Jeno as if he was air. Jeno silently watched them.

 

“You’re just older by ten months.” Minjoo flatly replied, and that probably pissed and shamed Jeno a little because he felt like he was being ignored. “Now, can you scram away?” She was obviously losing patience.

 

Jeno snorted, and glanced at Yujin, “Come on now, don’t be too rude and shame me down in front of the lady with you,” He said, and Yujin flinched a little because she was noticed while Minjoo froze, and finally looked back at him, brows furrowed. “Can you at least formally introduce me to her?” He said, his voice was laced with interest.

 

Minjoo did not immediately answer, blatantly staring at him with blank eyes until Jeno swept another look at Yujin, and spotted the work ID that Yujin was still wearing and his eyes lit up in amusement. “Huh, she works under NIEVES? Your employee then,” He murmured, and he was intrigued before looking back at his sister. “This is unusual, I never thought you’re the type to mingle with one of your workers? Aren’t they afraid of you? I heard you’re quite a tyrant in your workplace.” asked the man, curious.

 

Minjoo’s stare at him hardened, “This is none of your business, Jeno.”

 

Jeno shrugged before shifting his chinky eyes on Yujin again, his orbs glimmering in interest. “What? I’m just surprised that you will take one of your mere employees with you to such a lavish restaurant like this? You guys are close friends?” He asked, and turned to fully face Yujin instead then handed his hand. “Nice meeting you. I’m Kim Jeno, your boss’ older brother. I'm quite sure you’ve seen my face on the television at least twice.”

 

Yujin bit her lower lip, and awkwardly nodded, not wanting to be rude so she accepted the handshake but immediately pulled away when she felt Jeno’s grip was tightening. “I’m Ahn Yujin, working under Lady Kim’s company.”

 

Jeno eyed her ID intently, “Beautiful.” He commented, and that made Minjoo turn into stone. “Marketing team, huh? That’s tough, I hope you’re doing great. My sister can be a headache to deal with.” He said with a charming smile. “I hope she’s not giving you a hard time.”

 

Yujin could only give a forced smile, glancing at her girlfriend who obviously got affected when her brother complimented Yujin, she looked very pissed and glaring at the guy to the point she might bore a hole into the back of his skull.

 

“So, are you guys close friends?” Jeno asked once more, still not giving up and going back to where he came from and glanced at his sister, oblivious to her death glares and dark aura. “I didn’t know you have such pretty workers, sis. If I just knew, I should’ve worked under your company. You won’t mind if I ever take this pretty lady out on a date—”

 

“She’s my girlfriend.” Minjoo cut him off sharply, eyes hard and bloodshot.

 

Both Yujin and Jeno froze at Minjoo’s interruption. Minjoo was dead serious, with her dim face and bloodshot furious eyes. Even Jeno got intimidated by his sister’s glare and aura, he got a little bit nervous and stepped back a little.

 

“What?” Jeno dumbfoundedly replied, the screws in his head still not turning after the revelation.

 

Yujin glanced at her girlfriend worriedly, she reached for Minjoo’s balled fist on top of the table to attempt soothing and making her calm down. She had the tenacity to get jealous over things like this, and blatantly hitting on Yujin was a big no no. It helped since Minjoo’s shaking fist obviously relaxed under her touch.

 

“I said,” Minjoo repeated in a firm voice, through gritted teeth, “She’s my girlfriend, my lover, Jeno so off.”

 

Jeno was shocked at the confirmation, he obviously went pale and Yujin saw the little disgust forming in his eyes. “You like girls?” He asked as if he was some little fool.

 

Minjoo scoffed at him, “I like one girl.” She answered with a powerful voice. “So, I will ask you once more. Kindly off. We’re having a date.”

 

Okay, Yujin shouldn’t have blushed and felt overly giddy in such a situation like this but she couldn’t help it especially when Minjoo was still being too sweet unintentionally like this.

 

Jeno looked at them both in disbelief. He composed himself and shook his head. “Oh, father is going to fume once he learns you’re into women, Minjoo. And dating one of your employees too? Isn’t it against your company’s rules? Being a hypocrite now, lil’ sis?” He provoked, and of course, Minjoo’s temperament couldn’t handle that.

 

She stood up, and faced her half brother, and even though Jeno was tall, Minjoo’s aura and presence was bigger than any men. Obviously enough, Jeno got intimidated once more but his pride didn’t allow him to cower.

 

“If I were you, you better leave our business and mind your own, big brother.” Minjoo said, fury and poison lingering underneath that sweet tone. Her eyes were sharp and deadly, as if it could kill a person.

 

Jeno gulped, and finally, he surrendered and fixed his suit, clearing his throat to coolly shrug his fear off. “Expect a family dinner one of these days, Minjoo,” He said with a firm voice before shifting his gaze back to Yujin. “It’s nice meeting you as well. It’s just such a shame that your preference is odd.” He added, and that almost made Minjoo attack him but Yujin held her arm, preventing her from doing anything.

 

Jeno, who didn’t expect that Minjoo would rage over his comment just scoffed and pretended it didn’t scare him before walking away as if nothing happened.

 

Minjoo was obviously pissed and angry, she was ready to make a scene with her brother but Yujin didn’t want any scandals so she acted immediately. “Calm down, love,” She whispered, caressing her lover’s arm.

 

Minjoo bit her lower lip, and instantly, her face softened. “God, sorry, Yujin. You have to be in a situation like that.” She apologized, and Yujin just smiled at her. “Way to ruin our night…” She murmured, and shook her head.

 

Both of them left after paying the bill, not wanting to come across Jeno again. While they were on their way home, it was unusually silent, and Minjoo looked like she was lost in deep thought as she drove. Yujin knew it had to do with what happened earlier.

 

“Are you okay?” Yujin finally had the guts to ask when they were inside Minjoo’s glorious home.

 

Minjoo let out a heavy sigh, and sat on the couch while Yujin sat down beside her, side-hugging her while Minjoo melted in her embrace. “This is why I want you far away from my family. I don’t want them to know about you because they’re so annoying, except for my sisters.” She said, and leaned away, pinching the bridge of her nose.

 

Seeing Minjoo getting stressed like this was making Yujin worry, the latter held her hand, and squeezed it to reassure her — that she was there, and she will always be there. Minjoo looked at her and smiled weakly, holding back her hand as tight as she could.

 

“I really don’t want my father to know about you because I’m quite sure he’ll be against our relationship,” Minjoo murmured, and Yujin understood that, she knew Minjoo’s father well — he was terrifying and strict so Yujin understood that Minjoo had to keep her a secret to keep her. “But don’t worry,” She stared right into her lover’s eyes before pressing a kiss on the back of Yujin’s hand.

 

“I won’t let anyone destroy what we have.”

 

And that was enough reassurance for Yujin. That Minjoo was willing to fight for her, even if she had to fight her father. Yujin would fight and stay beside her.

 

///

 

The weekend came, and Minjoo suddenly surprised Yujin with an announcement.

 

“Darling, wash and dress up, we’ll be meeting my sisters.” Minjoo plainly said as if it wasn’t a big deal at all, scrolling through her iPad.

 

Yujin almost choked on her tea, “What? Now?” asked the woman, frantic.

 

Minjoo nodded, looking at her, “Yes. My eldest sister confirmed that she will go so yep, go take a shower and dress comfortably.” She instructed softly as she continued to scroll through the emails she received, looking chill.

 

Yujin just did what she was told, and tried to dress up nicely because she didn’t want to leave a bad impression on her sisters. It had been a while since she last met the other Kims, fortunately enough, unlike the sons — the daughters were all nice but a little bit spoiled and snobby. Hopefully, they changed for the better now knowing that Minjoo had a good relationship with them.

 

Yujin was really anxious to meet them, the sisters were all successful in their own fields as well and insanely famous and reputable. On top of that, they were all Minjoo’s sisters! She was quite intimidated to meet them all at once too.

 

“You look good,” Minjoo complimented her once her eyes landed on her lover. She reached for Yujin, tucking her stray hair behind her back as she stared at her softly, “Don’t be too nervous. They’re just my sisters.” She reassured then grabbed her hand, tugging her out of the house, towards her car.

 

“Exactly, Minjoo, they’re your sisters that’s why I’m freaking out. And I would be meeting them on such a short notice too. I’m not mentally prepared.” Yujin said with a sigh, and Minjoo opened the door for her as usual while Yujin sat down, biting her thumbnail.

 

Minjoo just chuckled at her before going inside the driver’s seat, glancing at her. “Don’t be, they’re nice people unlike my whacky brothers,” Minjoo softly said, and stared at her.

 

Taking a deep breath, Yujin just nodded and sat there with her hands on her lap, looking like an obedient kid which made Minjoo chuckle at her. Yujin was slightly confused but suddenly, Minjoo leaned closer to her and Yujin thought the older woman would kiss her but actually, she just buckled her seatbelt for her since she forgot it.

 

After that, Minjoo pinched her cheek and kissed her nose. “I love you.” She murmured sweetly, and Yujin’s heart instantly jumped.

 

With a smile, Yujin responded back, “I love you too.”

 

Minjoo’s toothy smile went bigger and inched closer to gently press her lips against Yujin’s lips but it was just a peck since they didn’t want to ruin their own lipsticks.

 

Soon after, they went to the restaurant where they all agreed to meet. Thankfully, it wasn’t a lavish place but a simpler one that had enough space and peaceful environment but Yujin was surprised to know when Minjoo revealed she received the whole restaurant just for this occasion. But then, Yujin instantly understood it because some of her sisters were popular superstars.

 

“Is the place good enough? I picked something that is surely comfortable for you.” Minjoo said, still tightly holding her hand. Yujin gave Minjoo a smile to express her gratitude. Minjoo was very considerate and always made sure Yujin was always comfortable, and the latter was so grateful for this.

 

However, it didn’t last because when they entered the place, Yujin could feel her heartbeat quickening once more. She felt her palms getting clammy and sweaty.

 

“Ah, they already told me they’re all here and waiting for us,” Minjoo said, and that freaked Yujin out but she had no time to do it because a girl emerged from the side and her eyes widened when she saw Minjoo.

 

“Ah, Minjoo-unnie!” The girl shouted and ran towards Minjoo who immediately caught her for a hug. “I missed you!” Yujin stepped to the side so the two could have their moment.

 

Chuckling, Minjoo hugged back and pulled away after, patting the woman’s head. “Geez, you got taller again. You’re almost at the same height as me.” She huffed but her eyes showed fondness and sisterly love.

 

The girl smugly smirked at her, puffing her chest, “And I’m still growing rapidly. In no time, I’ll be the tallest among us!” She boasted before looking at the person beside her sister.

 

Yujin flinched a little when the girl looked at her, and Yujin’s first impression of her was… she had a striking resemblance with Minjoo, especially the eyes. She was definitely younger since she called Minjoo her ‘unnie’ and she was wearing the uniform of a certain prestigious private high school in Seoul.

 

The girl curiously tilted her head at her, “Who is this?” asked the girl, pointing blatantly at Yujin as if she was an alien. Yujin blinked before slowly turning to Minjoo, getting the clue that she probably didn’t inform this kid about her at all.

 

Minjoo glanced at Yujin before turning to her little sister, “We’ll get into that later. Are the others already there?” She dismissed the question first.

 

The girl nodded, clinging into Minjoo. “Yes! We’re already complete, you’re the only one who hasn’t arrived yet, Hyunjin-unnie is already getting impatient.” She answered but her curious and sharp eyes kept shifting towards Yujin as the latter walked two steps behind them. It was making her nervous.

 

“Anyway, unnie! We were really surprised when you told us you have a lover and you will introduce him to us today! I was willing to cut my classes just to meet the lucky guy,” The girl chirped, obviously excited as her orbs glimmered the same way whenever Minjoo was happy.

 

Yujin went tense upon hearing that, alright, Minjoo did not inform her lover’s identity then. She wanted it to be a surprise? That made her even more nervous. She couldn’t help but to bite her lower lip.

 

Minjoo did not answer but the girl kept pestering her, “Where is he though? You both didn’t go here together? And is she your assistant? Last time I knew Yeji-unnie was your secretary.” She continued to blabber, and with the mention of that name, Yujin couldn’t help but to feel a slight bitterness in her heart.

 

“Quiet down, I’ll tell you everything, hm?” Minjoo softly shushed, and the girl pouted, nodding obediently to her older sister, leaning her head on her shoulder as they walked.

 

Soon after, they reached the space where the sisters were lounging. And Yujin felt a bile rising up from as she saw them, and when their presence was noticed, all eyes on them — on her, specifically, because her face was unfamiliar to most of them.

 

Yujin was getting overwhelmed being the same with these… superstars and powerful women. All Minjoo’s half-sisters. She cowered and felt like shrinking under their intimidating gaze. There were six sisters in total, Minjoo included.

 

“Ah, finally, what took you so long? You’re the one who arranged the ‘emergency’ meeting and you’re the one who’s late,” The girl dressed in all black snickered, and her sharp gaze landed on Yujin. She had a striking resemblance with Minjoo as well. And Yujin was familiar with her.

 

Minjoo growled at her, “None of your business, Hyunjin.” She scoffed, and Yujin shivered and got scared because she was scared they were going to fight but she remembered those days that Minjoo loved to bicker with her same age sister, Hyunjin. This was their ‘bonding’ but they were actually super close.

 

Kim Hyunjin was a child actress like her sister but decided to be in sports instead. She was once a national player for the volleyball team of the country and competed for the Olympics but had to sadly quit the sports she loved because of an ankle injury — she currently handled every sport-related business their father had.

 

“Now, now, can we not fight and bicker then go straight to business? This is our first time being complete in two years and I have a meeting with a client in an hour,” The other one spoke, the one with a blank expression on her beautiful face — wearing white blazer and baby blue button up shirt with matching white trousers.

 

Yujin would never forget the calm and cold eldest sister, Kim Tzuyu. She used to be a famous model and actress until she got sick of the industry, pursuing law and currently an attorney in her own law firm. They never really interacted before since Tzuyu was already busy in the entertainment field at that time, there was one time she was home while Yujin was around and made an impression on the younger girl for being too calm and soft-spoken but cold and snobby.

 

Minjoo gestured to Yujin to sit down, even pulling the chair for her so Yujin could only obey and sat awkwardly, trying her best not to mind the stares at her. Minjoo sat beside her, and eyed her sisters who were looking at them with curiosity.

 

“I thought you would bring your lover with you? Where is he?” One of them spoke, and if Yujin was sure, it was Minji — she was an idol in an insanely popular girl group and just launched her own little business which was a coffee shop, and she was very pretty. She was four years younger than Minjoo. She never really saw Minji around in the past since she never stayed in the mansion.

 

“Yeah, where is he? I begged my manager to let me come here and reschedule just for this. It’s very important since this is the first time ever that you ever got yourself a lover, unnie. The cupid finally got you this time.” The other one piped in, chuckling in amusement. Yujin’s eyes shifted on her, and it was Sullyoon, the fourth youngest sister, six years younger than Minjoo. Another popular idol.

 

Minjoo rolled her eyes with a huff, shaking her head before opening but she was cut off by someone else.

 

“Are you guys dense? The lover is already here,” Hyunjin spoke with a teasing smirk plastered on her lips, her gaze on Yujin never leaving as if she was intently scanning the woman. It sent shivers down Yujin’s spine.

 

Everyone turned to look where Hyunjin’s eyes were glued at. The youngest sister — Kim Hyunseo, let out a gasp when she realized it but said nothing. Minjoo really did not need to brief Yujin about her sisters except for Hyunseo who had her life private since Yujin used to follow the CEO a lot and personally saw some of them in the past.

 

But facing them all like this was different, especially if Minjoo was going to introduce her as her lover and not just a friend or employee. She was so scared that they wouldn’t like her.

 

With a sigh, Minjoo rubbed her temples first before looking at Yujin who looked like she wanted the ground to swallow her. She grabbed her hand and tightly held it to help her calm down. “So, Yujin-ah, meet my sisters,” She started off, and pointed at them one by one as if Yujin didn’t know them. “Tzuyu-unnie, Hyunjin, Minji, Sullyoon, and Hyunseo.” She said, pressing her lips together then turned to her awaiting sisters.

 

“So, dearest sisters, meet Ahn Yujin,” There was just something in Minjoo’s voice when Yujin’s name rolled out of her tongue, her firm expression turned soft especially when she glanced at the woman — her eyes turned gentle and loving which surprised the sisters because Minjoo’s cold demeanor vanished away just like that. “My lover.”

 

Everyone was pleasantly surprised except for Hyunjin who looked very amused, they did not show disgust or anything which made Yujin let out a relieved sigh, her heart was at ease knowing that they weren’t against it.

 

Hyunjin looked at her sisters in disbelief, “Why are you guys so surprised? She didn’t disclose the gender when I asked earlier at the group chat, you guys should’ve taken it as a clue. Besides, there’s nothing wrong with it. I’m seeing a girl as well,” She said, taking her iced tea and sipping on it.

 

They all looked at Hyunjin, and Tzuyu gaped at her, “You too?”

 

Hyunjin nodded as if it was nothing much of an importance, “Yeah? Do you guys know that popular figure skater? Kim Heejin? Yeah, her,” She dropped the bomb, and Hyunseo almost choked on nothing, eyes bulging out. “But enough of me since we’re not even official, I don’t want to steal the spotlight from Minjoo and her girlfriend.”

 

Minji shook her head in disbelief, biting her finger, “And here I thought everyone here is straight.” She mumbled, shrugging her shoulders. “As long as you guys are happy, it’s alright. I support it.” She commented with a smile.

 

Tzuyu sniffled, “Everyone has this fruitiness in them.” She said, and turned to Yujin which made the latter jump a little on her seat. The reaction made Tzuyu smile so Yujin blushed. “You must be really great since you caught Minjoo’s attention. Among us, she’s the one who is very hard to please. Pleased to meet you.”

 

Yujin bowed her head and stammered, “P-Pleased to meet you, Tzuyu-nim—”

 

“Oh no, you’re not going to use formalities like that. Unnie is fine if you’re younger than us.” Tzuyu immediately waved her off so Yujin nodded in understanding.

 

After a little bit of chatting, or more like, interrogating Yujin. The food they ordered came so the table became a little bit quiet as they ate, and Tzuyu and Minjoo mostly spoke about business with Hyunjin occasionally commenting.

 

“Yeah, I’m planning to expand. The business is growing,” Minjoo spoke to Tzuyu, taking a piece of lamb meat then placing it on Yujin’s plate and also picking some veggies to put on her girlfriend’s plate as if she was programmed to do so. Despite her attention being on her sisters, she never forgot Yujin at all.

 

Yujin was slightly flushed because all of Minjoo’s sisters were watching them in interest since they had never seen their sister acting like this towards someone so it was a new sight to them, all she could do was to eat the food that Minjoo kept putting on her plate while replying whenever the other three younger sisters were speaking to her.

 

“Should I invest?” Tzuyu asked, giving her a serious look.

 

Minjoo smirked at her. “Yeah, do it,” She simply replied, and took the pitcher full of iced tea, pouring it on Yujin’s half-empty glass.

 

Hyunjin kept giggling as she ate her chicken wing, “God, you’re ing whipped, Minjoo.” She couldn’t help but to tease.

 

Minjoo just growled at her sister, continuing to eat.

 

The lunch continued lively like that, and Yujin was getting more and more comfortable and relaxed because she realized that all sisters were nice. Even though before, Yujin didn’t pay much attention to them because she was enamored with Minjoo — they weren’t the bratty and snobby girls before.

 

They were surprised when they learned how she and Minjoo met, and reunited. Sullyoon couldn’t help but to let out a dreamy sigh, thinking that it was fate and it felt like their story came from a drama.

 

Minji pointed at Yujin while looking at her older sister. “She’s a keeper, been obsessed with you since she was a kid, keep her forever.” She said with a grin, and everyone at the table agreed. Yujin just blushed furiously while Minjoo was grumpy but secretly loving it anyway.

 

After the lunch, Tzuyu had to go because of a meeting, and same for Minji who just snuck out of a photoshoot; also, Sullyoon who got called by her manager for a sudden schedule so some of them had to go but the others stayed to gossip and everything.

 

Yujin and Hyunseo became close, and it didn’t even take three hours to make the latter cling to her. They had similarities in hobbies and other stuff so they happily talked. Meanwhile, on the other side, Hyunjin and Minjoo had a conversation.

 

“Father won’t approve this,” Hyunjin commented as she sat down beside her sister, taking out a cigarette stick and placing it between her lips. “He will tear you two apart.” She murmured, in a daze as she took out her lighter, lighting up her cigar.

 

Minjoo her lower lip, playing with her fingers, “I know.”

 

Hyunjin glanced at her sister, taking a hit from the stick and puffed out the smoke slowly, watching it fade. “Are you ready to fight, Minjoo?” She asked in a small voice, “Are you ready to go against Father for your relationship, for the woman you love?”

 

Fear struck Minjoo after thinking of it, she had been thinking of it since then, ever since she and Yujin got official but she shrugged it off. She knew how powerful her father was, his words were absolute and even Minjoo was fearless herself; she deeply respected her father. She took a deep breath and nodded. She wasn’t the little girl anymore, she had her own power.

 

For Yujin, she would go against him.

 

“Yes.” Minjoo firmly answered.

 

Hyunjin smirked at her confidence, “Your beloved company will be at risk.” She added and that made Minjoo freeze. She noticed it and took off her cigarette out of , looking at her sister in slight pity. She was scared for her sister. She knew how much Minjoo loved that company, she built that herself — without their father’s help at all. Blood, sweat, tears, and a lot of sacrifices were made just to reach that dream of Minjoo’s.

 

And unfortunately, it was going to be their father’s biggest threat against her.

 

Minjoo did not answer, just staring at Yujin who was happily giggling with Hyunseo, going along with their youngest nicely.

 

Hyunjin took a deep breath and placed her cigarette back between before standing up, “Father called me earlier to say that we will have a family dinner one of these days,” She told Minjoo who was still mum. She reached for her shoulders and patted it, “We’ll try to help you as much as we can. Just don’t lose the girl. You became genuinely happy after she came along.” added the woman before walking away, leaving Minjoo there.

 

Minjoo stared at Yujin with a soft gaze, clenching her fists. Yujin looked the prettiest while smiling happily like that, and Minjoo realized she couldn’t live anymore without that smile… without Yujin beside her.

 

Because Yujin was her sun, she was her source of happiness.

 

///

 

“Thanks for driving me home,” Yujin expressed her gratitude once Minjoo’s car came to a stop in front of her house.

 

Minjoo smiled at her, and reached for her hand, caressing it. “Sorry we won’t spend the night together. As much as I want to take you with me to the family dinner, it might create some chaos.” She softly said.

 

Yujin flashed her a reassuring smile, “It’s a family dinner, Lady Kim. It’s quite understandable, plus,” She glanced at her house. “It’s been a while since I went home. I will bond with my aunt for the meantime.” She replied softly.

 

Minjoo nodded, pressing a kiss on the back of Yujin’s hand before staring at her deeply, expression was gloomy because they needed to be apart for one night. Like was said, Minjoo was the clingier one and ever since they got official, they’ve never been apart except for the time that Minjoo went on a overseas business trip for a week. It was torture for the both of them.

 

Yujin was the one who leaned in to kiss Minjoo first on the lips. It was just an innocent peck and when she pulled away, Minjoo was the one who chased after her, sealing their lips for a second kiss.

 

It didn’t last long since Yujin pulled away after a moment, giggling at her, “Say ‘hi’ to your sisters for me, especially to Hyunseo, I promised that kid that we will play chess.” She said, and Minjoo nodded lightly, a small smile blooming on her lips.

 

They stared with each other for a while, just smiling goofily at one another before Minjoo leaned in to press one last chaste kiss on Yujin’s lips. The latter giggled, and shook her head in amusement, “Alright, I’ll go now. Drive safely and enjoy, okay?” She said, unbuckling her seatbelt.

 

Minjoo hummed, “I will,” Her gaze turned soft. “I love you.”

 

Yujin reached for her cheek and gently caressed it before responding, “I love you too.”

 

After that, Yujin got out of the car and Minjoo honked before driving away. The former stood by the sidewalk, watching Minjoo’s car drive away until it couldn’t be seen anymore. With a sigh, Yujin went inside her home to rest, hoping that the family dinner would go smoothly.

 

Minjoo just found herself sitting on one of the wooden chairs in her childhood home. The view was familiar, the spacious and lavish dining hall, the long table… everything. This huge mansion that could be called a palace was her home before. It had been a while since she visited.

 

She sat there boredly, playing with her food using her fork because she had no appetite anymore after eating half of the main dish. She looked around the long table, every sibling of hers were present and seated on their respective seats. It had been two years or so since they were last complete for a family meal like this because most of them were busy working but it seemed like this was a very important day since their father made sure to call every single one of them and asked them to make time for tonight.

 

Speaking of her father, he was seated at the very end of the table, silently eating like a King. He still looked the same since she last visited him. His hair was already turning gray, and there were barely wrinkles on his face despite his old age — he was still very dashing.

 

Kim Minjae was still very charming despite his age, his posture was proud and his aura was very strong as ever. From one glance alone, one could tell that he was powerful. He was emitting this authoritative aura of a real King, and until now, Minjoo was still intimidated by him. His Father was scary and extremely powerful, every word that would spill out of his mouth was absolute. He was the only thing that Minjoo feared though he spoiled and treated Minjoo like a princess.

 

The dessert and wines were placed on the table after. Hyunjin and the eldest brother and child, Minhyun, started to argue over their business which made Minjae annoyed, tapping his hand on the table which made the two siblings immediately shut their mouths.

 

Silence followed once more, and they continued to nibble on their desserts and drank their wines afterwards. Until their father cleared his throat to earn their attention, his eyes turning to his children before stopping at Minjoo. The latter flinched a little.

 

“You’re turning twenty-eight in a few months, Minjoo,” His baritone voice boomed through the spacious dining hall. No one dared to speak.

 

Minjoo’s grip on her spoon tightened, she knew where this conversation would lead. “Yes, Father,” She replied curtly.

 

“Remember our agreement,” Minjae reminded his daughter about the talk they had a few years ago while eating his flan calmly. “If you still haven’t got yourself a decent lover once you turn twenty-eight, I will arrange you to someone capable of taking care of you and help you flourish your business.”

 

Clenching her jaw, Minjoo took a deep breath. She had that talk with her father years ago, and she just nonchalantly agreed since she knew she wouldn’t be able to find someone anyway, and if a marriage like that would help her with her business and make her father happy then alright, under one condition that they would be only married in name and love was out of the table. But things changed when Yujin entered the picture.

 

“I remember it clearly, Father,” Minjoo confirmed, her back was straight as a brush, she faced her father bravely. She gathered enough strength to continue. This was for Yujin, no need to be ashamed of her and what they have. “But I have a lover. Her name is Yujin—” However, before she could even finish, Minjae dropped his utensils on the table and stared at his daughter across the table.

 

“I said, ‘decent lover’ and your current relationship with whoever that is nowhere near that,”

 

Minjoo froze because of his words out of offense, feeling a sting in her heart, and the other sisters hung their heads down low.

 

On the other side of the table, Jeno was smirking while chewing his food, giving his frozen sister a smug look.

 

Swallowing her fear, Minjoo stood up, still looking at her father toughly. “I love her, Father. And what we have is real and more decent than what Minhee had with his married girlfriend.” She said through gritted teeth.

 

Minhee was surprised that he got involved and glared at her, “Hey, big sister, I would like to be excluded in this talk.”

 

Minjoo just glared back at him, “I’m just setting you as an example to call out this unfairness,” She growled before looking back once more to her father who still looked stern as he pinned her down with his hard gaze. “Why? Is it because my lover is a woman, Father?”

 

Minjae huffed and took his wine, taking a generous sip, “Yes, this is blasphemy, this is a huge scandal. Bad for our family name,” He replied honestly. “And she came from a poor family background. An orphan who is under her aunt’s wing, our former maid? Is she capable of helping you with your business, Minjoo? She’s also your employee for god’s sake.” He added, his voice was gentle but there was power laced around it. “Didn’t it cross your mind that she probably has a hidden agenda?”

 

Minjoo gritted her teeth, clenching her fists until her knuckles turned white. She was about to fight back and defend Yujin when he didn’t even let her speak once more.

 

“I want you to end what you have with that girl and marry the one who I’m going to pick for you. He will be your husband and business partner.” He instructed calmly but his voice was full of authority and they were absolute, needed to be followed. “That girl is still young and she can meet a young man who she can leech to after you leave her.”

 

Jeno raised his hand, “Can I have her, Father? She’s pretty and I can probably change her preferences.” He chirped with a smirk, “All it would probably take is one touch of a man.”

 

Minjoo saw red, and before she could even control herself, she already marched towards her brother and grabbed his collar, making him stand up from his seat. “What did you just ing say?” She shouted at his face, using her one hand to choke him. “Do you want me to dig your own grave with my own bare hands?”

 

Everyone immediately stood up to stop Minjoo from strangling her own brother after the comment. Jeno started to cough and went limp after what happened, shocked that Minjoo had the guts to do that. He got terrified but his pride didn’t allow him to show cowardice.

 

Hyujin threw her middle finger at Jeno, “ you, piece of .” She got obviously mad at what the guy had said as well.

 

Jeno hissed at them. “Oh you’re defending her because you’re a dyke as well.”

 

Hyunjin was about to lunge forward and throw a punch when Minjae shouted from his seat.

 

“Enough! Not in the space of my home.” He grunted and stood up, glaring at his rowdy children. His eyes went to Minjoo, and said, “I want you to fix this mess, Minjoo. I want her out of your company and life before this month ends. She can work in one of my subsidiaries instead.” He then added. “Be back home in three days. I’ll be expecting you.”

 

After that, he walked away with maids following him hurriedly.

 

One by one, the brothers walked away, same for Jeno who just huffed haughtily at them before exiting the dining hall, leaving the six sisters there.

 

Hyunseo immediately clung to Minjoo who already got her eyes closed, obviously stressed about the situation and looked like she was about to fall down. “Unnie… we’re always here.”

 

Minjoo bit her thumbnail and glanced at her sisters, frantically. “I can’t lose Yujin. I can’t let her go.” She whispered under her breath, feeling her chest tightened at the thought of letting Yujin go.

 

There was no way she could do that.

 

An hour later, Minjoo just found herself standing in front of the house where she dropped Yujin off. The lights in the house were off, and Minjoo longingly stared at the window of Yujin’s room where the only lights were on.

 

She dialed Yujin’s phone and within three rings, the woman answered, “Lady Kim?” Her voice alone eased this deep fear and stress away from Minjoo’s heart.

 

“Open your window and take a peek.” Minjoo softly instructed.

 

There were small thuds akin to footsteps from the line and soon after, the curtains on Yujin’s window were drawn aside and the latter opened the window, immediately spotting her below. Minjoo smiled weakly and waved at her while Yujin gave her a grin that lit Minjoo’s dark world.

 

Yujin immediately went down to open the door and gate for Minjoo, and she was instantly engulfed into a warm embrace that healed her soul. Yujin missed her as much as she missed her. Minjoo held back the urge to cry and held her lover close, not wanting to let go.

 

Yujin felt home because she was Minjoo’s true home, where she felt safe and everything nice.

 

They went to Yujin’s room quietly since Aunt Heeda was fast asleep in her room after a long shift. Both of them settled on the bed, Minjoo was still clinging onto her while Yujin her hair.

 

“How was the dinner with your family?” Yujin asked, and there was the bitterness resurfacing in Minjoo’s heart upon the mention. She did not speak, and Yujin sighed in her heart, getting the hint that it probably didn’t go well.

 

After a few beats of silence, Minjoo leaned away from Yujin’s hug and faced her, holding both of her lover’s hands as she stared at her deeply with those mesmerizing orbs. “Will you love me forever? Through bad storms and rainbows?” asked Minjoo with a slight waver in her voice.

 

Yujin was taken aback by the question but Minjoo looked so vulnerable in front of her when she asked that that she couldn’t bear to ask what happened and instead, she smiled and kissed her on the cheek. “I’ve loved you since the beginning,” She started off with the most gentle voice she could muster. “And I will love you until the end of time.” Minjoo needed reassurance in times like this and Yujin would happily give her.

 

Minjoo’s lips quivered and tears started to form in her eyes, and this was the rare times that Yujin ever saw Minjoo cry so what happened earlier must be really serious. The younger woman pulled the other for a warm hug, a reassuring hug to say that she wouldn’t let go.

 

“Through thick and thin, despite the rocky path towards happiness, I’ll be with you, Minjoo.”

 

After their emotional exchange that night, they cuddled up together and there was when Minjoo finally opened up what happened in the dinner — couldn’t even suppress her angry tears that Yujin just wiped with her thumbs, listening to her intently, feeling her frustration.

 

All Yujin could do was to kiss her tears away and murmur sweet nothings to her beloved to reassure her that she wouldn’t go away despite the challenges in their relationship.

 

It was like that until Minjoo fell asleep and Yujin made sure to hold her close but her heart was aching, and tears were forming in her eyes because she was hurt, she was hurt for Minjoo. She couldn’t imagine the stress her lover was dealing with after learning how against her father was in their relationship.

 

This was going to be a huge challenge for the both of them but Yujin would make sure to hold on as tight as she could. She loves Minjoo with all of her being, and she couldn’t afford to lose this woman.

 

But thinking of it thoroughly, what if their relationship was revealed to the public? Minjoo’s image might get ruined, and the company might have its downfall if this ever happened. And because of this, her relationship with her father might get ruined also. Yujin wouldn’t be able to face Minjoo if that ever happened because it was her fault.

 

Yujin couldn’t pull herself to be overly optimistic about this because admittedly, she was scared. She was scared for Minjoo, for the both of them but she needed to fight and give Minjoo the encouragement in this kind of situation because the latter was obviously torn and stressed. She needed to be strong.

 

///

 

If Yujin was affected by what happened, she didn’t show it to Minjoo and add more to her worries. She already noticed that the woman was starting to daze out a little bit more often, always in deep thought. So, Yujin kept everything and just made sure to always smile at her lover to assure her, love her extra hard.

 

So, when Minjoo told her that her father summoned her to their home, Yujin could only kiss her and hoped for the best.

 

Minjoo just found herself in the comfort of her old home again but this time, she wasn’t comfortable, especially with her father’s presence. After what happened a few days ago, she developed this… bitter feeling towards her father. She didn’t expect that he would be harsh like this.

 

She could only clench her fists on her lap as she firmly stared at the handsome young lad sitting across her, looking in distress because of Minjoo’s glares that were directed towards him.

 

“I want you to meet Jaemin. He’s the eldest son of my business partner and close friend, your uncle Jongdae.” Minjae said, pointing at the man who immediately composed his posture. “I picked him for you, to be your capable husband, and for sure, you both will get along very well. Jaemin has an interest in the fashion industry and currently manages his father’s clothing business. He’ll be a great help and asset to you.”

 

Jaemin immediately stood up and bowed at Minjoo, flashing her a smile but Minjoo gave him a sneer. “It’s really nice to meet you, finally, Lady Kim.”

 

“Well, I don’t.” Minjoo rudely replied, blank.

 

“Minjoo.” Minjae narrowed his eyes on his daughter who just scoffed, shaking her head.

 

Minjoo stood up, and faced her father, “Cut this bull, Father. I won’t agree to marry him because Yujin owns my heart. I don’t need help to make my company rise up, I’m capable of doing that.” She spat, and the man didn’t appreciate it.

 

Minjae gave her a stern look, “If you agree to marry Jaemin, I’ll invest in your company and give it the boost it needs to rise rapidly in the market.” He offered, and Minjoo froze at that, but she didn’t budge, giving him a pointed look.

 

“No, thank you, I can do it myself — slowly but surely. I don’t need your ‘boost’.” Minjoo didn’t give in to the temptation though it was enticing because she wanted to enter the mainstream market already and her father was really capable of helping her with that but at what cost anyway?

 

She turned her heels and was about to walk away because it felt like everything was just nonsense when…

 

Minjae took a deep breath. “I won’t touch Yujin and Heeda if you comply with me,” He said, and Minjoo’s entire being froze like a statue. “I’ll give Yujin a high position in one of my companies, and with my own power, I’ll try to give Heeda a promotion at work. Sounds like a fair deal?” He bargained.

 

Minjoo slowly faced him, and glared at him with bloodshot eyes full of disappointment. “You…” She stuttered, “Are you threatening me now? Using Yujin and aunt Heeda to make me comply, Father? Are you stooping this low now?” She couldn’t believe that her father would even do this.

 

“I have to,” Minjae defended himself, “This is for your own good, Minjoo. I just want the best for you.”

 

“Well this is clearly not the best for me,” Minjoo fired back, shaking in anger. “Yujin is my happiness, and I’ll do whatever it takes to keep her.” She added before marching away, leaving her father and Jaemin to stare at her back until she disappeared.

 

When Minjoo got home, she was weak and already drained from crying while driving home. She made sure she looked alright and presentable as if she didn’t break down when she entered her house because Yujin was there. She entered the bedroom since Yujin wasn’t in the living room or kitchen.

 

She spotted the younger woman in the bed, fast asleep, looking so peaceful. The weight that was pressing Minjoo’s heart vanished a little as she stared adoringly at her lover before padding towards there, leaning down to press a soft kiss on Yujin’s forehead.

 

“I’ll always fight for you, even if it’s against my own father,” Minjoo whispered with a shaky breath.

 

Yujin stirred from her sleep after that, squinting blarily at Minjoo. “Hi,”

 

Minjoo grinned at her. “Hello. You should go back to sleep, I’ll just change.” She softly mumbled, Yujin’s hair.

 

Yujin sleepily nodded and fluttered her eyes close cutely that warmed Minjoo’s heart.

 

After changing, Minjoo sneaked under the sheets and snuggled against Yujin who instantly wrapped her arms around her to pull her closer even though in her sleepy state. It was already natural for them.

 

Minjoo couldn’t afford to lose this.

 

///

 

“Something bad is happening,” Eunbi reported immediately, worried. Everyone gathered in a circle, and the team leader looked very scared and stressed.

 

Yena piped in worriedly, “What happened?”

 

Yujin could only remain silent and listen to Eunbi’s words while the latter was slumped against her swivel chair. “Some big investors started to pull out, and a few shareholders are planning to sell their stocks.” She murmured, and bit her nail, worried. “This isn’t going nicely. There are some problems with the shipments of the products and stocks are rapidly going down these days.”

 

Aeri’s jaw dropped, panicking, “What is happening? The company is doing well recently, how come this is happening all at once?” She asked, which caused the other employees to worry as well.

 

Yujin bit her lower lip and glanced at Minjoo’s office, her eyes were sad.

 

Later in the afternoon, Yujin went to the office and was devastated to see the reports that she would present to Minjoo. The company was going downhill, and Yujin thought it was normal but hearing everything from Eunbi. She had her suspicions.

 

She entered the office after knocking and hearing Minjoo’s signal. She closed the door and her heart dropped when she saw Minjoo at her desk, her elbows propped on her table and both her hands were entwined, her head was hung down low.

 

“Darling,” Yujin called softly, she couldn’t afford to call Minjoo with formalities now. She approached the table, and placed the papers on the desk, reaching for her.

 

Minjoo lifted her head up and sighed, trying to force out a smile to greet her lover. “Hi there, my love.” She murmured but Yujin could clearly see the fatigue in her eyes, and distress was all over her beautiful face.

 

“I heard from Eunbi that we’re dealing with some… problems,” Yujin started off, biting her lower lip. “We will be able to get through it. Just… normal business problems.” She tried to cheer her up.

 

Minjoo chuckled weakly at her, giving her a sad look. “No, Yujin,” She whispered.

 

“Someone is sabotaging the company, and I suspect that it was my Father behind all of these misfortunes.”

 

///

 

Minjoo marched down towards the hallway of a huge building. She was familiar with this building but it had been a while since she last stepped down here. She used to work here for a few months before launching her own business.

 

And this huge building was her Father’s company’s headquarters. She didn’t even dare to make an appointment and just barged in, ignoring her Father’s secretary when she entered the main office.

 

Minjae wasn’t even too surprised when the door of his office was harshly opened, showing his lovely daughter. In fact, he was even expecting that she would be barging in one of these days, and it was quite a coincidence that he was having tea with Jaemin while discussing future plans.

 

“Minjoo,”

 

“I know you did it, Father,” Minjoo straightforwardly accused, pointing at him with full of hatred. “I know you’re sabotaging my company.”

 

Minjae did not speak and it was already an answer for Minjoo. The latter scoffed in disbelief before giggling bitterly, “How… How could you?” She felt so betrayed. She felt so weak getting destroyed by her own father.

 

Taking a deep breath, he placed the cup of tea on the table while Jaemin just silently watched the scene unfold before him. “Minjoo, calm down and take a seat beside Jaemin,” He gently instructed but Minjoo remained rooted in her spot. Pressing his lips together when he saw that his daughter wouldn’t budge, he sighed and continued to speak, “I’m just doing this for your own good.”

 

“My own good? Bull!” Minjoo couldn’t help but to lose her temper.

 

Minjae’s eyes turned into slits but Minjoo didn’t find any fear as she faced her own father’s equally powerful eyes. “If you won’t comply to my wishes then I won’t just sabotage your company but also destroy Yujin—”

 

“You… you are so evil,” Minjoo cut her off, raging in anger, “Don’t ing touch her!”

 

“Then end things with her now, and marry this guy that is more suitable than her!” Minjae’s voice boomed through the office where Jaemin flinched and cowered but Minjoo remained in her stance, rigid.

 

Minjoo was speechless. Never in her life, she thought she would hate her father this much. He might be a strict and prideful guy but he was a good father and always made sure to treat Minjoo like a princess and complied with whatever Minjoo wished. When she wanted to be a child actress, her father immediately put her in a series. When she wanted to have a private life after being too exposed, her father did everything he could to make her feel comfortable. When she decided to be independent rather than inheriting one of his businesses, her father supported her.

 

But when it came to love, he failed to understand and support her? Why, all she asked before was too much and now, she had to comply with everything he wanted even though it would cost her her happiness?

 

Minjoo was defeated. She couldn’t risk her company crumbling down into dust, she had a lot of hard working employees who were doing their best to make it rise to the top. She couldn’t risk Yujin and aunt Heeda losing their jobs and everything when they were just starting to have a comfortable life.

 

Minjoo was helpless, and so, she gave up.

 

Holding back her tears to not appear too weak, Minjoo nodded firmly with clenched jaw, “Fine, fine. Just don’t ing touch Yujin and her aunt.” She hissed at him before walking away, tears finally falling when she rode the elevator down.

 

God, she couldn’t face Yujin. She couldn’t face Yujin at all with this. She was just too weak, especially that her father was using them and her company as a threat. She had no choice. She couldn’t be stubborn and selfish this time.

 

For days, she did not reach out to Yujin, and locked herself at home. She did not even go to work. She knew she would worry Yujin a lot especially that Minjoo knew that Yujin kept bombarding her messages and even dared to visit her house but couldn’t get in because Minjoo made sure to lock it.

 

She was ashamed that she agreed to marry him. That she lost.

 

It took her a few days of thinking alone and isolating herself from everyone. And finally, when Yujin paid her another visit, Minjoo finally let her in.

 

“Minjoo,” Yujin looked so relieved to see her but that relief turned into worry when she saw Minjoo’s messy state. “Minjoo, what happened?” She carefully asked and instead of caging her into a bone-crushing hug, she just caressed both of her arms.

 

“Let’s talk inside,” Minjoo weakly murmured, and Yujin nervously her lower lip and nodded.

 

They both went to the living room and sat down together in silence, Yujin’s worry was getting even more evident. “Are you eating well these days? Are you sleeping well? I’m so worried you suddenly shut yourself like that and did not even go to work…” She murmured, playing with her fingers.

 

Minjoo’s expression softened into guilt. “I’m sorry for worrying you, I know it’s such an move to suddenly… ghost everyone, everything like that,” She said, and bit her lower lip. “I’ve been thinking and everything. I’m sorry.”

 

Yujin shook her head and reached for hand, “It’s okay, just please… tell me what happened?” She softly said, and tightened her hold, scooting closer. Minjoo did not immediately answer, hesitating so Yujin had to encourage and soothe her. “Darling, you should tell me our problem so we can fix it together.” She whispered.

 

And that was when Minjoo started to break down, tears forming in her eyes as she shook her head while Yujin just worriedly stared at her, her back gently.

 

“Let’s break up, Yujin.”

 

Yujin felt something shattering inside her.

 

She froze for a moment before composing herself, thinking that she might have misheard it. “P-Pardon, love?” Yujin said with a forced smile, feeling her hands shake.

 

Minjoo started to sob louder, “Oh my god, I can’t. I don’t want to break up with you.” She cried out, and held Yujin close.

 

Yujin just hugged back, trying to be stronger for the both of them first. She didn’t want to react until she heard everything but hearing those words coming out of Minjoo’s mouth was so ing painful, it felt like heart and soul shattered into smaller pieces even though the older woman didn’t mean that. It hurt.

 

“Yujin…” Minjoo sounded so broken and defeated that Yujin could feel her own self breaking. Seeing her lover like this was a punch to her gut.

 

“I agreed to marry some rich guy.” Minjoo confessed and Yujin’s entire being started to get rigid.

 

Yujin should feel betrayed over this but she couldn’t feel something like betrayal, not until Minjoo properly explained everything. She knew there would be a valid reason but her lips twitched, and suppressed her tears.

 

Minjoo faced her desperately, “He left me with no choice, Yujin. He’s sabotaging my company and he threatened me that he will touch you and aunt Heeda if I wouldn’t comply with his wishes,” She said with a shaky voice, resting her forehead against Yujin’s knuckles as she took a sharp intake of breath. “Yujin, I don’t want to ruin your life but I don’t want to lose you too.” She pleaded.

 

Yujin tried to gather her thoughts first, but she couldn’t even find her tongue yet. She thought, and she thought while Minjoo stared and waited for her response, tears falling down from her eyes. She looked so defeated and unsure of what she would do. She obviously didn’t want this to happen as well, she had left with no choice.

 

Finally, after a few moments, Yujin got herself back — with a forced smile, she eyed her lover. “But it’s still me who you love, right?” She breathlessly asked, almost on the verge of breaking down.

 

Minjoo’s brows furrowed but her expression turned gentle and sad as she retracted her hands away from Yujin’s hold so she could cup the latter’s cheeks. “Of course, you’re the only one I love and I will love,” Minjoo answered, whispering almost as her orbs glimmered to silently express her deep feelings for her. “This is why I’m doing this, because I don’t want you to get hurt. If it means I need to let our relationship go.”

 

Yujin’s face was crestfallen when she heard it coming from Minjoo’s own mouth, as if her world turned fully gray. She was speechless because she thought Minjoo would fight no matter what? But why was she giving up now?

 

Minjoo hesitated but she obviously wanted to say something, “I,” She bit her lower lip, and shook her head, “God, I don’t want to be even more selfish. Just…”

 

“What’s in your mind?” Yujin asked calmly, composing herself. She wanted to talk about this maturely and calmly because if she would let her emotions get the best of her, this might conflict Minjoo even more.

 

Minjoo went tense, avoiding her eyes but when Yujin urged her to continue, she finally sighed and spilled her thoughts, “I want to keep our relationship a secret. If that means I’ll get to keep you close to me…” She whispered and shook the idea off immediately, “But I don’t want you to settle—”

 

“Okay,”

 

Minjoo froze at Yujin’s certain tone when she uttered that word. Her eyes held sincerity and the same desperation Minjoo had.

 

Yujin’s quivering lips bloomed into a sweet smile, a reassuring smile as she caressed the same hands that Minjoo was using to cup her face. A tear fell down from her eye, and a needle pricked Minjoo’s heart.

 

“I don’t mind that, Lady Kim,” Yujin whispered, pulling her lover for a hug, fluttering her eyes close to prevent her tears from leaking. “As long as I get to keep you, I can do that.” She added, and Minjoo felt her heart breaking into pieces yet everything also kept falling back into place.

 

“I can be whatever you want, Minjoo.”

 

///

 

The company started to catch up and rise up again after its sudden downfall these past few days, and once everything was going well, Yujin announced that she would resign which shocked her close co-workers, especially Yena and Eunbi who were really curious why because Yujin was literally one of NIEVES’ diligent and bright employees.

 

Though it also hurt Yujin that she needed to get out of this company that she grew to love so much, she needed to get out of here for the sake of her and Minjoo’s relationship.

 

Minjoo actually refused the idea at first when Yujin said that she would leave her company but when the latter told her reason that her father wouldn’t surely allow them to work closely with one another even though they’ve ‘broken up’. So, in the end, Minjoo was defeated but she made sure to ask Hyunjin to take Yujin in.

 

Her sister immediately hired Yujin without even looking at her resume because she knew that the woman was a very hard-working and intelligent woman, even offering Yujin a higher salary that made Minjoo scowl. This was her way to help the two.

 

Yujin had to lie when she told her aunt about what happened, she left out the reason that Minjoo was marrying because she was scared that her aunt wouldn’t be able to understand. She just said that they got caught by an employee so to avoid further scandals, Yujin decided to work for Minjoo’s sister instead. The woman bought in the lie, worried for the both of them.

 

Yujin placed her resignation letter on top of Minjoo’s desk, the latter was staring at her silently before letting out a sigh — reaching for the letter and fiddled with it. “Is this the right choice?” murmured Minjoo, and she looked like a kicked puppy, “I wouldn’t be able to see your face often anymore.”

 

Rolling her eyes, Yujin just stepped in closer and leaned down to kiss Minjoo on the forehead. “This is for us, Minjoo,” She whispered and patted the CEO’s head. “For our love to strive, we have to make sacrifices.”

 

With that, Minjoo just waved her off the office and promised that she would meet her later at home after the mini farewell party that the marketing department threw for Yujin at the restaurant near the building.

 

“We’ll really miss you, Yujin,” Jihoon faked a cry but they all would genuinely miss the girl.

 

Yujin just smiled at them, “I promise to keep in touch,” She whispered and sighed. “I just really need to change work because of my aunt and other personal matters.”

 

Eunbi patted her shoulders. “We understand,” She nodded understandingly. “I hope you will do well in your new work, Yujin, I mean — that is for sure but good luck! We’re always here.” The others started to comfort her as well, and that she shouldn’t replace them with her new co-workers at her new job.

 

Yujin looked at them, they might be co-workers but over the course of a year working in that company, they became close friends for her. After all, they’ve spent time all together almost everyday and always worked with one another.

 

Maybe in the near future, Yujin would be able to tell them that she was dating Kim Minjoo — their dearest cold CEO, and there were a lot of complications that was why she resigned.

 

After that little farewell party, they all went home. Yujin went home to Minjoo’s house, and when she entered the spacious place, Minjoo greeted her with a hug. “You should’ve told me that the party already ended! I could’ve picked you up,” She said, pouting.

 

Yujin pinched her lover’s nose, “And they will see me entering your flashy car?”

 

Minjoo arched her brow at her, crossing her arms, “Did you forget that you’re not my employee anymore and I’m not your boss? We can date openly now,” She reasoned out with a scoff but Yujin just laughed at her.

 

“You have a fiance. They will know soon, and if they ever learned that we’re dating then later on, there will be engagement news about you… what now?” Yujin pointed out softly, not really to ruin the mood or anything, just stating the fact.

 

Minjoo’s expression turned sour at the mention and raised her hands in defeat.

 

Yujin bit down a grin before pulling her sulky lover closer to her, “My Joo,” She sweetly chirped, and her arms circled around the woman’s slim waist and pecked her on the lips. “I missed you.”

 

The older woman’s eyes softened but her expression remained stern. “Mhm, missed you too.” She responded weakly, and Yujin puckered her lips before pecking Minjoo’s lips again, then another one — but this time, much longer.

 

This time, Minjoo melted into the kiss, and pulled Yujin closer to her, coiling her arms around her neck to deepen the kiss. They broke off the kiss while giggling, and Minjoo tipped on her toe to reach for the taller woman’s nose to peck it.

 

After that, Yujin showered and changed, then they decided to have a movie marathon in the living room, cuddled up together.

 

Minjoo’s head was resting on Yujin’s shoulder, lazily munching popcorn. “Hyunjin told me that you will start your training next week, is it alright?” She told her.

 

Yujin was surprised. “Really? I thought I would need to start very soon.”

 

Shaking her head, Minjoo answered, “I told her to give you some little time for a break.” She whispered, and Yujin bit her lower lip, giving her lover a look of gratitude.

 

Silence followed, the sound of the running television could only be heard. But it didn’t last long since Minjoo spoke once more, “I’ll be visiting my Father tomorrow. He summoned me again for lunch.” She said in a little voice.

 

Yujin nodded, and tilted her head to kiss the side of Minjoo’s head, giving her strength because she knew she would need a lot of it to face her father again.

 

Tomorrow approached, and Minjoo was striding towards the entrance of the luxurious five-star hotel restaurant. She was immediately escorted when she was recognized by the manager himself. She was led to the VIP room where her father and… future husband was waiting for her.

 

Minjoo just nodded at Minjae to show courtesy and respect but blatantly ignored Jaemin who was smiling at her charmingly. His face obviously dropped when his fiance did not even spare him a glance.

 

They started to eat and it was eerie, Minjoo was emitting this scary aura that kept making Jaemin shiver in fear. Minjae was calm and composed as ever.

 

“I will not hold any engagement party or anything at all because I know you value privacy but it will be known and not a secret,” Minjae started off and his daughter just continued to eat silently, not even paying a mind to him. “The marriage will occur in two weeks after you turn twenty eight, Minjoo.”

 

Minjoo huffed, “Noted, Father,” She boredly said.

 

“I heard that Yujin is now working under Hyunjin.” Minjae opened the topic and Minjoo’s grip on her utensils tightened.

 

Through gritted teeth and not meeting his eyes at all, Minjoo replied, “I’m already doing whatever you want me to do, leave her alone.” She whispered, and placed her utensils down, taking the cloth and dabbed it over her lips.

 

Minjae’s eyes narrowed at his daughter. “Did you finally settle things—”

 

Minjoo stood up from her seat, “I’m full and I still have a lot of things to do,” She cut him off and gave him a tight smile. “I already agreed to marry this… man,” She finally glanced at Jaemin who flinched. “So, please, leave Yujin alone.” repeated the woman once more before bowing and excusing herself, leaving the both of them there.

 

Minjae and Jaemin exchanged gazes, and the former let out a sigh through his nose and took a napkin to dab it over his lips as well. “Keep an eye around Minjoo and that girl as well.”

 

“Of course, uncle.”

 

///

 

Once Minjoo got home, Yujin immediately met her halfway with a hug but before the latter could even ask how did the lunch go, Minjoo spoke and tugged her hand.

 

“Pack some of your things, we’ll go out of Seoul in the meantime.”

 

Surprised, Yujin didn’t immediately move and tilted her head in confusion. “For what?” Minjoo just kept on surprising her.

 

Minjoo smiled lovingly at her as she gently patted her cheek. “Let’s run away and leave this suffocating place for a while,” She whispered and added. “A vacation, dearest.”

 

///

 

Yujin never had thought she would be able to reach Jeju Island. It had been one of her dream places to visit, and she promised herself that she would take her aunt here once she was well-off enough.

 

Minjoo surprised her with the location as well since Yujin was just expecting that they would only go to Daegu or somewhere near Seoul but much to her surprise, she was already in the airport. With Yuri and Chaewon too, bringing their partners with them.

 

“This is the first time Minjoo ever suggested a vacation with us so of course, we’ll ing go no matter what.” Yuri said with a grin, clinging into Hyewon.

 

Minjoo originally asked aunt Heeda if she could come along since she would be alone but the older woman had things to do in the hospital and couldn’t get sudden days off but made sure the two not to worry since she would be staying in with a friend so she wouldn’t feel too alone. She just playfully asked for souvenirs and pictures of them enjoying the trip.

 

They stayed in Tzuyu’s resthouse in the province and found solace there. They all silently agreed not to talk about anything related to Minjoo’s current situation and just have a blast, to relax.

 

Yujin took a lot of photos of and with Minjoo. She did a lot of things with her and with the others on the beach. They did everything that they found so enjoyable and fun. They went to a spa, to a native restaurant, to the public market, wrote their names on the sand, and even dared to surf.

 

It was effective since it distracted Yujin from other thoughts and she was sure that Minjoo was enjoying it as well.

 

On their first night, they drank and had deep talks with one another when they were starting to get tipsy and drunk. Yuri even cried because she was happy that Minjoo was finally happily in love with Yujin and hoped that there wouldn’t be too rocky paths anymore that they would need to walk on.

 

Pretty emotional night because Minjoo teared up as well when she took enough shots, grateful to her friends. Yujin just held her close.

 

But of course, there were amusing moments as well like Chaewon’s confession that she had a huge crush on Minjoo when they were in highschool but it didn’t last long because Minjoo was too harsh and cold on her. Chaewon’s plus one, Kazuha, just laughed at the story. Yujin, too, couldn’t afford jealousy because she knew that Chaewon and Minjoo were just good friends and nothing more.

 

They retired for the night in their respective rooms. Yujin and Minjoo, as per usual, were cuddled up into the bed, feeling each other’s warmth.

 

“You know that you’re my everything, right?” slurred Minjoo cutely against the sensitive flesh of Yujin’s neck.

 

Chuckling, Yujin held Minjoo even closer. “And you are, to me.”

 

The next day, Yujin was slightly conscious because of Yuri and Chaewon’s teasing and scandalous gazes. Meanwhile, Minjoo just hid her proud eyes behind those sunglasses.

 

Well, it was just because Minjoo had to put a noticeable love bite on the column of Yujin’s throat. Of course she would get some looks but since Minjoo looked proud and happy with the hickey she just gave to Yujin to show that she was hers — Yujin didn’t hide it, bearing the other girls’ teasing.

 

They were strolling by the shore, hand in hand; they had no shame to show their love here. They could be carefree because they were away from people who kept destroying their beautiful relationship.

 

The two of them were walking while conversing lightly. Yuri and Chaewon with their respective partners just decided to stay in and lounge around since they didn’t want to get recognized and flocked by people.

 

However, Minjoo’s phone kept ringing and ringing so Yujin urged her to take the call.

 

“It’s one of the directors, let me talk with him real quick.” Minjoo said as she showed her phone to Yujin with a scowl, not pleased that their peaceful date was getting cut off for a while because of work.

 

Minjoo excused herself to a less crowded part of the shore while Yujin busied herself by checking some stalls. She got intrigued when she spotted some beaded jewelry being sold by a kind-looking elderly woman.

 

She eyed the beaded rings, wanting to buy them for her and Minjoo but it wasn’t expensive and Minjoo only wore expensive things. These cheap rings were nothing to Minjoo’s Bvlgari and Cartier rings.

 

“How much for these rings?”

 

“Just two thousand won, sweetie.” The elderly woman softly said with a smile.

 

Yujin bought it and placed it on the small pocket of her sundress. She would later give it to Minjoo. And speaking of the devil, the latter suddenly emerged from the crowd, obviously searching for her.

 

“There you are,” Minjoo mumbled when she finally spotted her, relief and softness swirling in her eyes.

 

Yujin chuckled at her, holding back her lover’s hand. “Miss me?”

 

Minjoo pouted, “Yes.” She uttered with a smile before looking around. “Found something nice? I will buy it for you.” asked the woman.

 

Yujin shook her head, and tugged Minjoo away to continue their little stroll date around the beach, the rings she just bought were safely tucked inside her pocket.

 

They made sure to spend their time there earnestly since they would be going home tomorrow.

 

Once the sun was slowly setting down, Yujin tugged Minjoo down to a spot where they could properly watch the sunset. Minjoo wordlessly obeyed her girlfriend, and smiled, taking out her phone to capture the view in front of them and of course, Yujin too.

 

“I’ll send these to aunt Heeda,” Minjoo said as she browsed through the countless pictures in her gallery with a cute smile growing on her lips.

 

They had a little talk as they watched the sun slowly set until the skies turned orange, and they were bathed in orange hues. Yujin had thought that it was probably the best moment to finally reveal what she bought for the both of them.

 

Clearing to get Minjoo’s attention, Yujin inserted her hand to fish it inside her pocket. “So, I bought us something,” She started off nervously and Minjoo’s eyes already lit up like a child who just heard that her parents got her a new toy. “But! Don’t expect that it’s something expensive like what you own.” She warned, sweating a little. “But I promise you, I’ll buy you more expensive accessories and other things in the future!”

 

Minjoo gave her a pointed look, “Since when price mattered? Not anymore to me, Yujin. I would love whatever you will give to me. Even if it’s trash, I’ll happily treasure it.” She reassured, and there was a small relief that bubbled in Yujin’s chest after that.

 

She finally took out the rings and showed it to Minjoo while biting her lower lip. Minjoo gasped.

 

“I saw these earlier and even though it’s very cheap—”

 

“I love it!” Minjoo squealed in delight, her eyes held the galaxies as she stared at the rings. She genuinely loved the surprise gift, and even looked so emotional because of the cheap beaded rings Yujin got for her. “Wear it to me, Yuj!”

 

Yujin immediately got the pink one, slipping it carefully on Minjoo’s ring finger and it was the perfect size. Meanwhile, Minjoo grabbed the blue one and slipped it on Yujin’s ring finger with a sheepish grin. They intertwined their fingers together, the rings looking like a perfect match.

 

“They’re so beautiful, Yujin,” Minjoo whispered sincerely, caressing her hand. “I love it a lot.”

 

Yujin smiled at her and stared at her beautiful lover who couldn’t stop admiring the matching rings she bought for them. “Consider it as a promise ring from me, Lady Kim,” Yujin breathed, moving her hand until it was below Minjoo’s palm before tugging it near her lips, pressing a kiss on the ring.

 

“This ring carries my love and devotion towards you. No matter what, I’ll always love you. Eternally, only you, Kim Minjoo.”

 

As the sun had fully set down the horizon, Yujin and Minjoo shared a kiss to seal their promises that they would love each other no matter what may come.

 

Time really flew fast and after a while, they were back home in Seoul. Yujin decided to stay home for a little while with her aunt Heeda since Minjoo was going to be away for a few days too for a business trip.

 

Yujin just blinked and she was already fidgeting in nervousness as she entered a building which was taller and bigger than the headquarters of NIEVES. But then, this business was owned by Minjoo’s father, but Hyunjin was just managing it.

 

Hyunjin immediately greeted her when she was escorted by the secretary in her office. “Minjoo bombarded me with messages earlier telling me to take good care of you or she will bury me alive, she’s so dramatic,” She said after breaking the brief hug. “Come, I’ll personally lead you towards your desk.”

 

When they got there, Yujin was shocked to see a bouquet of fresh flowers was placed on top of the table which gained some looks from her new co-workers.

 

Hyunjin introduced her to the others and thankfully enough, the workers looked welcoming and friendly, not intimidating at all. Yujin hoped that she would get along with them like how she got along with her friends back in her former company.

 

“Hello, I’m Jinsoul! I will be guiding you until you can handle these things on your own. A ‘mentor’ sort of! Never get too shy to approach me. I’m always happy to help!” A blonde woman warmly said, cheekily grinning at her and Yujin could already tell that she wouldn’t even dare to hurt a fly.

 

Yujin had a light conversation with her new co-workers who politely welcomed her. They even about the bouquet of flowers, commenting that they never got such things on their first day of work.

 

In the card attached to the flower, written in Minjoo’s familiar elegant handwriting: “Good luck on your first day here, darling. I love you. I will miss seeing you around the company - Joo”.

 

Hyunjin snorted when she saw the flowers again, “I didn’t know she’s this cheesy, ugh, love…” She clicked her tongue.

 

So far, the first day was smooth, and everything was okay. Yujin just has to get used to it. The job there was almost the same that she was doing in Minjoo’s company, the contents that she was working on were different. She got oriented very well and could already do some work, the older workers were very impressed by her.

 

When working hours approached, they all bid their goodbyes happily. Yujin would have to commute again since she wouldn’t be able to go home with Minjoo unlike before, and that thought alone intensified the loneliness and sadness in her heart.

 

With a sigh, Yujin stepped out of the building and walked towards the bus stop but much to her surprise, there was a familiar flashy white car heading towards her direction that made her heart skip a beat, her face lighting up.

 

The car stopped in front of her and the window of the driver’s seat was rolled down, exposing Minjoo who looked gorgeous in her gray pantsuit and sunglasses. Her girlfriend looked so ing good as usual, Yujin was swooned and pleasantly surprised at her sudden appearance.

 

“Lady Kim!” Yujin couldn’t help but to exclaim excitedly like a kid. “What are you doing here?” asked the woman as she approached the older lady closer who was already leaning and resting her chin on the window, a pout forming on her glossy lips.

 

“Fetching my girlfriend after work?” Minjoo said as if it was a matter of fact, taking off her sunglasses to show her glimmering puppy eyes. “I missed you so much, you know, not seeing your face around the office bummed me off. Even Eunbi and the others were obviously gloomy at the lack of your presence in the office.” She said, and gestured to her to hop in.

 

With a grin, Yujin did, sitting like an obedient kid in Minjoo’s car after buckling her seatbelt. “I’m already warning you, Lady Kim. Do not fetch me everyday.”

 

Minjoo frowned because of that, “Why not?” She glanced at her before focusing on the road once more.

 

Yujin gave her a pointed look. “First of all, hassle.”

 

“It’s just a twenty minute—”

 

“Second, won’t the employees get suspicious that you’re going home earlier than usual?” Yujin asked, crossing her arms with a smile.

 

Minjoo huffed, shaking her head. “It’s alright.” She glanced at Yujin again and sighed when she saw that the latter was giving her an unamused expression. She pouted like a little child who got scolded. “Okay fine, I’ll just fetch you when I’m not doing much in the office.”

 

Yujin flashed a smile at her. “That’s my girl.” Minjoo blushed.

 

When they entered Minjoo’s house, Yujin was surprised to see a glimpse of a table set by the pool. “What is that?” asked the taller woman, and Minjoo just smiled at her meaningfully, grabbing her wrist then tugged her outside.

 

“Ta-da! We’ll have a dinner date.” Minjoo showed her the set up table by the pool, just the usual table that you would see in surprise romantic dinner dates with all the candles and stuff.

 

Yujin’s grin was so big that her cheeks felt stinging. “You…” She could only mutter. “When did you do this?”

 

Minjoo rubbed her nose. “Before I went to work,” She said, and waved it off before pulling her inside. “Of course, I’ll cook food for us! And you, my lady,” She pointed at Yujin with a pointed look. “You will dress up prettily for me, yeah?”

 

Yujin’s big smile did not fade as she giggled, nodding at her. “Alright then, chef, I will dress to impress.”

 

Yujin took her time to shower and dress up, even putting on light make up as if they would have a date outside when they were going to stay indoors but still — she wanted to look very beautiful in front of Yujin. She wore her sleeveless and backless dress that Minjoo gifted to her before. The expensive fabric clung into her body perfectly.

 

After that, she went down the staircase and spotted Minjoo by the corner, seemingly looking for something but when she heard footsteps, she turned around to look. Minjoo also changed her outfit, and instead of a pantsuit, she was wearing a matching black and white blazer and skirt.

 

Their eyes met.

 

Yujin showed off her dress, twirling a little, “How’s this?”

 

Minjoo was in a daze, her eyes sparkling as she didn’t even leave her sight. “Beautiful. You look so majestic,” She complimented sincerely, and Yujin couldn’t help but to blush. “Come down here, princess.” So, Yujin did.

 

Minjoo s her hand around Yujin’s waist and kissed her on the lips, just a small peck, not wanting to ruin her girlfriend’s lipstick. “My woman is so gorgeous.” She cooed.

 

Yujin scrunched her face, feeling shy. “You’re very gorgeous too.”

 

After that, Minjoo finally led Yujin back to the set up she did by the pool. And this time, there were even fairly lights around, and the candles were already lit up, two glasses and a bottle of wine were also placed. The food was waiting to be served.

 

“Take a seat here, my beloved.” Minjoo pulled the chair for Yujin and the latter sat down gracefully. After seeing that Yujin was properly settled, she dashed inside the kitchen to get the pasta and steak that she cooked for them.

 

She placed it in front of Yujin, and the latter was very impressed because the pasta was very mouth-watering. Minjoo sat across from her, watching her reaction.

 

They started to eat after that, Minjoo made sure to pour Yujin a generous amount of wine and they had their usual talk about their days, mostly Minjoo asking if the working environment in her new workplace was alright and everything.

 

They had a very memorable dinner date full of laughter and exchange of sweet nothings; also, stealing kisses.

 

Yujin felt so loved by Minjoo, the latter was full of effort and it was a surprise as well. There was no occasion yet where she pulled a trick like that, and honestly, Yujin loved it so much. Doing simple romantic stuff with Minjoo was making her heart warm.

 

Minjoo was always trying her best for her, and Yujin thought she was beyond lucky to have a woman like Minjoo making extensive effort like that to show her affection and devotion for her.

 

That night, Yujin surely fell in love harder with Minjoo — she fell deeper into the endless pit named Kim Minjoo, and she wouldn’t want to crawl back to the top, wanting to continuously fall deeper and deeper without stopping.

 

Yujin thought that she would definitely love this woman for the rest of their lives, and even in other lifetimes as well.

 

///

 

But happiness doesn’t usually last. There was always a storm after the calm.

 

In a span of a few weeks, Minjoo thought she could keep things like that, her and Yujin’s not-so-sneaky meet-ups, staying at each other’s houses. Well, her father did not say anything so it was okay.

 

But then, Jaemin started to visit Minjoo’s company and revealed to the front desk that he was her fiance. Of course, the rumors spread which irritated Minjoo but it couldn’t be helped. It just got worse when Jaemin kept on visiting her company every once in a while which caused more sparks. However, it didn’t take long for the employees to shut their mouths and not say anything because their CEO obviously hated the man, and didn’t love him as a lover. Arranged marriage, obviously it was. Rich people’s problems.

 

Yujin knew about this even though Minjoo never really said anything because she was still in the GC with Eunbi so she was quite updated about what was happening within the company though she was not working for Minjoo anymore. It made her feel slightly jealous because Jaemin was trying to get into Minjoo’s good graces by giving her stuff with romantic intentions.

 

They kept gossiping about Minjoo and the handsome ‘fiance’ whenever the latter would pay a visit. Yujin was relieved though because her former co-workers would always comment that it was obviously a loveless relationship, just for power. Minjoo always made sure to drive Jaemin away despite the glamorous bouquet of flowers and expensive gifts. They even saw Minjoo dumping the flowers in the trash bin afterwards.

 

That made Yujin smirk and once she was out of her work, she immediately went to the nearest flower shop and bought some simple bouquet, not grand but definitely just enough to show affection for her beloved.

 

When she got home and handed the flowers to Minjoo, the latter looked like she was handed some gold. She deeply appreciated it and throughout the night, she kept sniffing and giggling over the flowers Yujin gave. Unlike the flowers Jaemin gave, they ended up in the trash.

 

Yujin was peacefully working, the usual day, and she was finally adjusting and adapting to her new work. Hyunjin was insanely impressed at her, and made sure to compliment her, always telling her that she was doing well; “Great job, sis-in-law! Magnificent work today. I feel bad saying this but, I’m glad you’re working for me now!”

 

But then, an unexpected visitor came. She was called by someone from the front office and Yujin had to pause her work and go to the lounge, absolutely had no idea who might’ve called for her but she was half-expecting that it was Minjoo.

 

However, when she got there, she was greeted by a familiar man.

 

“Hi, it’s been a while, Yujin.” It was Jeno. And Yujin felt anger rise on top of her head.

 

But despite having this annoyance towards him, he was still Minjoo’s brother and in terms of social status, he was by far ahead of Yujin so she needed to respect him. To avoid further conflicts as well.

 

“Yes, Jeno-nim, why did you wish to meet me?” She asked, still standing and not daring to even sit across him which made him feel a little bit off.

 

“Please take a seat—”

 

“It’s okay, Jeno-nim, I can—”

 

“I insist, this might take a while.”

 

With a suppressed sigh, Yujin sat down, mum as she waited for the guy to speak.

 

“So,” Jeno started off, fixing his suit. “How are you?”

 

Yujin’s eyes narrowed at him and gave him a polite smile. “Please be direct with me. I still have a lot of work to do so I’m sorry if I’m in a rush.”

 

Jeno stopped and slowly nodded, sighing before finally straightforwardly saying his intentions. “So, I went here to stand for my Father,” He said, and Yujin froze, feeling her hands go clammy upon hearing that.

 

Jeno coughed before continuing. “Father is not dumb, he knows that you two continued to see each other and everything but he’s not saying anything but it bothers most of us and we’re just concerned about Minjoo,”

 

Yujin felt her eye twitch at the last words, it was full of bullcrap but she held it in and let Jeno continue. “So, the marriage might get announced soon, and we’re afraid that Minjoo will be followed by the media. They might catch you guys doing very… intimate stuff like going to each other’s houses frequently, fetching you after work and everything. This might cause a huge scandal and it might portray that our sister is a cheater. Well, you know the implications of that… it might put our company in a bad image. Ours too.”

 

Every word that Jeno would spat was a punch in Yujin’s gut, and she felt her chest tightening, she caressed her ring that was on her ring finger, trying to calm herself down.

 

Unfortunately, Jeno was making points. If they continue their romantic relationship this might affect Minjoo and her company. Yujin saw how distressed Minjoo was when the company was getting sabotaged, the stress and worry, the obvious frustration. Yujin witnessed it all, and that hurt her so much.

 

But…

 

Jeno gave her a look of pity. “Look, Yujin, if your relationship will continue and the media finds out about it while knowing that she’s engaged. It’ll be pure chaos.” added the man before standing up, “I’m just saying this because I know my Father had been thinking of this and worrying about this. He cares for his daughter’s being and image as well. This is just a little friendly warning of the consequences of this secret relationship you two have.” He said, patting Yujin’s shoulder before excusing himself, leaving Yujin there wondering and thinking until Hyunjin appeared.

 

She looked very pissed and she ran towards Yujin who had her head down low. “I heard that Jeno dropped by and asked for you,” She said while panting, obviously running to find Yujin. “What did that say to you?”

 

“He’s right,” Yujin said monotonously instead of answering her question and Hyunjin froze. “I will ruin Minjoo if I continue this.” She murmured, and tears started to fall from her eyes. Hyunjin was alarmed and didn’t know what to do. Yujin looked up at her with pleading eyes. “Please, Hyunjin-nim, don’t tell Minjoo about this.”

 

Hyunjin clenched her fists and just nodded. Yujin wiped her tears and bowed at the woman, “I’ll excuse myself for now. I need to go back to—”

 

“You should go home and rest, Yujin.” Hyunjin calmly said, and Yujin blinked, but nodded anyway.

 

Yeah, she needed it. She needed to think.

 

Yujin took advantage of Minjoo not being around because of a business trip, and gave herself to think, crying to sleep every night and found excuses to say whenever Minjoo was calling — not wanting to worry her while she tried to sort everything out. She had to do something or else… She might be the cause of Minjoo and her company’s downfall.

 

After finally painfully deciding, Yujin went to Minjoo’s house. She had access despite Minjoo not being there and started to slowly arrange her things. It was hard to get every piece of clothes she had in Minjoo’s closet, hanging beside the latter’s own wardrobe.

 

She couldn’t even suppress her tears, and she could barely breathe as she fixed everything, leaving no trace of her in Minjoo’s humble abode.

 

This was for the better. She couldn’t be selfish, Minjoo’s image and company was on the line. If it meant letting Minjoo go as long as she reaches her dreams and make her company rise to the very top — Yujin would happily love her from afar instead.

 

It hurts. It physically, mentally, and emotionally hurts her. As if her soul was slowly cracking, breaking into parts that couldn’t be mended no more.

 

It was such a shame that a flaming, passionate love like this didn’t manage to last forever but Yujin was sure that her love for the CEO would eternally remain, even though they were far away.

 

Her plan was to leave quietly and just… face her all at once when Minjoo went to her house with her aunt Heeda for support but when she went down, she was surprised to see Minjoo by the door.

 

“Lady Kim,” Yujin murmured, her grip on the luggage tightened, and her heart felt like it was getting wringed. “Why are you here? I thought you’re supposed to be in Japan until Monday.”

 

Minjoo didn’t show any emotion until she realized that Yujin was holding a luggage, where her belongings were probably stored. Something in her eyes broke.

 

“Hyunjin told me everything yesterday.” Minjoo replied to her briefly and marched closer to her, staring into her eyes with her sparkly orbs. Yujin had to look away to prevent herself from giving in. “I flew back as soon as I could.” She breathlessly added, eyeing the luggage. “W-Where are you going?” asked the woman in a broken voice.

 

Yujin clenched her jaw, and when Minjoo started to snatch her belongings away, the taller woman finally looked back, trying to suppress her tears — she tried to fight back, not wanting for Minjoo to take her luggage back.

 

“I’m going back home,” Yujin weakly replied, pressing her lips together.

 

Minjoo shook her head, almost desperately. “This is your home. This is our home.” She said, her voice was obviously trembling as she weakly tugged the luggage away from Yujin’ s hold.

 

Yujin shook her head slightly, “Please, Lady Kim—”

 

“What did that guy tell you!? Don’t believe him. I’ll protect you and aunt Heeda,” Minjoo breathlessly asked, trying to find something in Yujin’s eyes. “Please, love, put that luggage away and let’s talk.” She pleaded softly, her voice was mellow and it tugged Yujin’s heart but she couldn’t afford to be weak.

 

Yujin continued to shake her head, and took a deep breath. She gathered enough courage to stare hard and emotionlessly at Minjoo. It felt like she couldn’t even breathe, and she couldn’t find her voice to say those words but the thought of Minjoo’s life and hard work getting ruined because of her gave her the little push to be harsh and direct.

 

“Let’s break up, Lady Kim.”

 

Minjoo’s body went tense, and her eyes widened in shock upon hearing those words come out of Yujin’s mouth, and she looked so serious about it. So sincere though there was sadness in her eyes as she blurted those words out.

 

“N-No, you’re joking, Yujin.” Minjoo started to reply, refusing the idea. She gave her a forced smile. “No, you won’t. We can’t. We won’t, Yujin. Okay?” said Minjoo desperately, holding both of Yujin’s arms as she looked at her with shaking eyes.

 

“Lady Kim, I’m not playing around. Please, let me go. Let’s break up.” Though it really hurt every piece of Yujin, she needed to be strong. She needed to do this.

 

Minjoo lunged forward and hugged her tight, desperately clinging onto Yujin with an intention of not letting go. “N-No, you can’t do this to me, Yujin. We will go through this together, right? Love, you can’t leave me.”

 

Yujin was about to give in and just scoop Minjoo, kiss her and tell her that she wouldn’t go but the further consequences of their actions might affect the both of them a lot. This love… was not really going to win against such powerful and scary forces that could easily break them both down. Yujin didn’t want Minjoo’s years worth of hard work and sacrifices to be put down into a drain because of a person like her.

 

“I’m really sorry, Lady Kim. But I can’t do this. We can’t.” Yujin muttered painfully as she tried to pull away from the hug.

 

Minjoo pulled away, and Yujin thought this was it — Minjoo accepting her choice, but much to her shock; the older woman kneels before her, looking up at her as she tightly holds her hands.

 

“Stay, Yujin. Don’t leave me, please. Please, stay with me.” Minjoo begged helplessly, gently hugging her waist, sniffling against her clothed midriff. “I don’t know how I’m going to live without you anymore.”

 

It stung every inch of Yujin’s being hearing Minjoo beg like this. God knew how much Yujin was breaking inside, and how much it pained her greatly to do this even though she didn’t want to but she needed to. For their sake, for Minjoo’s sake.

 

Closing her eyes tightly, Yujin inhaled deeply, mustering little strength to pull away from Minjoo but the latter’s hold on her was so tight. Yujin kneeled down as well so she could properly face Minjoo and gently cradled the latter’s face, wiping those endless tears that Yujin had caused.

 

“Minjoo,” Yujin called softly, tears were flowing down from her eyes as well, and couldn’t hold them back any more. “Let’s admit we lost.” She said in a defeated way. “If we continue this fight, we might get destroyed into pieces to the point we can’t stand up on our own anymore. So, this is for the better.”

 

Minjoo’s lips were quivering, shoulders were shaking as she shook her head, not wanting to accept Yujin’s decision. She was adamant not to let go.

 

Yujin tried to smile for both of them, kissing Minjoo’s tears away. “So I beg you, Minjoo, let’s not do this anymore.” She was the one who begged this time, trying to suppress a sob that was threatening to escape her lips.

 

Minjoo looked thoroughly defeated, she couldn’t even speak or move, she just stared at Yujin, searching the hesitation from her eyes but there was nothing. Yujin was determined to cut off things with her and she was helpless because she couldn’t do anything. Her begs didn’t work anymore and it just told a lot.

 

Minjoo was defeated. And so, she decided to let go, as per her lover’s wishes.

 

She lost Yujin. Both of them lost this fight.

 

///

 

Yujin was beyond miserable after she left Minjoo’s house, after she left Minjoo that day. Once the both of them stood up, Minjoo just stayed rooted in her spot, not saying anything as she gazed towards nothing. Her shoulders were slumped in defeat, and it took a few moments before Yujin could even gather strength to move.

 

“Go,” Minjoo uttered weakly. Her eyes were soulless. “Before I lose my control and hug you then not let you leave this house anymore.” Minjoo said to her that day, her voice was monotonous and held nothing but sadness.

 

So, Yujin braced herself and ran away once she was given a moment, sobbing as she brisk-walked through the side-walk while dragging her belongings with her, ignoring all those looks from the concerned passersby as she waited for a taxi while wiping her tears.

 

Once she got home, her aunt was there and immediately comforted her after she entered the house in a sobbing mess.

 

After that, Yujin made sure to call Hyunjin and asked her if she could have a few days leave and Hyunjin, of course, didn’t hesitate to even give her a two week off with pay which was too much but Yujin couldn’t even afford to fight back because she was too weak. Hyunjin got the gist of what probably happened and offered little words that comforted Yujin slightly. She was actually planning to resign soon because she was too guilty working under Minjoo’s sister who supported their relationship throughout.

 

Wonyoung and Sungchan visited her daily after the break-up, trying to comfort and cheer her up. Aunt Heeda did her best as well, she was obviously saddened over what happened and made sure that she was there for her niece. It was her first time to see Yujin so wrecked like this after her parents died in an accident.

 

It was like that, isolating herself in the space of her room, crying or dazing out. She barely ate and her aunt had to threaten her a few times just to make her eat. For days, she tried to get herself up but the pain in her heart didn’t ease even the slightest. She just realized that she couldn’t be like this forever and had to be strong because it was her decision. She had to be strong for Minjoo.

 

She was very sad at the thought that Minjoo was probably hurting because of her decision as well. She made sure to send Chaewon and Yuri a quick text to always keep an eye on Minjoo and apologized for hurting their friend but the two were understanding and told her to take care of herself too.

 

Yujin even had to take down the poster she had of Minjoo because it was making her hallucinate and guiltier than she was.

 

All day, all night, Yujin just thought of Minjoo. If she was eating well, if she was alright, if she could sleep properly at night.

 

Unbeknownst to her, Minjoo actually went to their house two days after what happened. She couldn’t handle it knowing that Yujin wasn’t around, that Yujin and her weren’t in a relationship anymore. She became desperate and tried her shot to beg again.

 

But when she arrived, it was Aunt Heeda who faced her, not letting her inside the house knowing that Yujin might see her, which Minjoo totally respected.

 

“Aunt Heeda, I want Yujin back. Can I talk to her?” Minjoo’s voice was weak but direct, and even the older woman felt her heart crack at Minjoo’s sad and desperate voice alone. She saw that Minjoo was also in a messy state as her niece, and it added another sting in her chest.

 

“Yujin is sleeping, my dear, I can’t afford to wake her up because she’s not been sleeping well these days.” Aunt Heeda calmly replied.

 

her lower lip, Minjoo nodded weakly and smiled, “I-I’ll just go back again later… or I can wait for her to wake up—”

 

“Lady Kim,” Aunt Heeda cut her off, reaching for her hands. With gloomy eyes, she stared at Minjoo who was looking back at her, there were dark arches beneath her eyes. “Let our Yujin be for a while. She had to take a lot of courage to let you go, for the sake of you and herself.” She murmured, and Minjoo bit her lower lip. “Please, don’t make this any harder for her.” Minjoo was silent.

 

“I loved you for my niece, even until now, you’re a great person with a golden heart. You loved Yujin like how she deserves, and even gave her more than you should. But in circumstances like this, I’m afraid this is for the best. Yujin did not want to let you go but she doesn’t want to be the one who will be the cause of you and your beloved company’s downfall.”

 

Minjoo was already weeping in front of the older woman at that point. The aunt pulled the woman for a comforting hug, also starting to tear up for Minjoo. “Mr. Minjae is horrible for doing this to you, you are his daughter. Try your best not to get caged in that marriage, try your best not to allow yourself to get tied with someone whom you don’t love.” She said, patting the older woman’s back comfortingly.

 

“I-I’m sorry that everything became like this, auntie. You two almost got involved in my family’s affairs and got potentially harmed. I’m sorry for being too selfish because I love Yujin too much.” Minjoo cried out against Heeda’s shoulders, guilty for pushing this relationship where Yujin and her aunt’s beings would be risked. She had to face this alone, she didn’t want to cause harm to both of them.

 

Heeda just smiled and continued to Minjoo’s back. “Once everything calms down and becomes less harsh for the both of you, then you must marry my niece as soon as possible.”

 

After that, Minjoo did not try to intervene anymore in Yujin’s life, respecting her while she suffered alone herself.

 

She just did whatever her father wanted like a robot, and when Jaemin started to frequently visit her and even asked her for some dates, Minjoo just went along, but she never initiated any conversation and barely gave her fiance a glance. Jaemin was concerned over Minjoo’s behavior but the latter was adamant on not talking to him at all.

 

Even the people in the company noticed her behavior after she went back to work after three days of not going for unknown reasons. As if she was soulless, and her temperament was even way worse before. A little mistake could make her yell and fume.

 

( Yujin learned it from Eunbi in the group chat because the latter was usually updating the former about what was happening in the office. But Yujin couldn’t help but to feel jealousy when she heard that Jaemin often visited and Minjoo even agreed to go out with him sometimes. It made her want to throw up but this is what Yujin wanted anyway.

 

She had to bear it. )

 

Her sisters were insanely worried for her, Chaewon and Yuri as well who always made sure she was okay and eating. They were all concerned and stressed because there was an obvious change, and the sorrow in Minjoo’s face was always etched on her face — and they were scared that it was going to be permanent. It was taking a toll on her health as well. Minjoo refused to eat, to sleep, and made sure to work her off every single day.

 

Both her and Yujin were a wreck after the break-up and they couldn’t get up at all.

 

A week after, Yujin finally came back to work, trying her best to look presentable and alright but there was an obvious change in her weight and the dark circles in her eyes were visible. She held no energy as well, and was always gloomy. Her co-workers were clueless as to why after the week off but they still tried to cheer her up.

 

In the middle of working, she was summoned to Hyunjin’s office. The latter was very worried when she saw Yujin’s state. “I told you two weeks off, why did you go to work?” asked the woman softly.

 

Yujin smiled at her, “That is too much, Hyunjin-unnie. I can’t take advantage of it.” She reasoned out and also, this might be a good distraction as well for her. “I-I can work.”

 

Hyunjin was silent, just observing her for a while until Yujin shifted uncomfortably in her gaze. “You look like a mess,” commented the older woman.

 

Yujin stiffened but a smile formed on her lips. “I’m quite aware,” She then pressed her lips together, wanting to ask something but she hesitated. Hyunjin noticed it and urged her to just ask away so she did, “How is… Lady Kim?” She wanted to know, even just the slightest update if she was alright.

 

Hyunjin snorted at her, smiling a little, “A mess like you.”

 

Yujin felt her numb and cracked heart ache at what she heard. She hung her head down low, “I’m sorry.”

 

Hyunjin sighed and shook her head, “You don’t need to be sorry, Yujin. You were reasonable.” She said, and waved her off. “Go on, continue working now.”

 

Once Yujin was out of Hyunjin’s office, the latter took out her phone and sent a voice message to Minjoo. “Your little puppy has already come back to work. She looks like a mess as expected, you two are really a couple goals. She also asked if you’re doing okay, I told her the truth that you aren’t.” She then added. “Oh, and don’t you even dare to barge into my office and look for her, Kim Minjoo. I don’t want any scenes under working hours.”

 

///

 

For months, it was like that. Same old routine for Yujin. And until now, the huge wound in her heart wouldn’t even heal in the slightest beat, and she was sure that it wouldn’t heal. Only Minjoo herself could mend it. She was even thinking if she should work abroad instead, to start anew but she didn’t have the guts.

 

She already got used to the pain but it didn’t mean she wasn’t affected anymore. Every single night, Yujin would still find herself breaking down in the middle of the night because of how she missed Minjoo so much. She could only get little updates from Eunbi about Minjoo. And it was just the same as before, Minjoo’s anger issues were getting worse and there were times that she shouted at Jaemin after pestering the CEO for a date while she was working.

 

Eunbi was getting shivers because when Yujin really resigned, the CEO changed drastically. Though the company was doing well because Minjoo was even working harder. It was getting concerning, and even Yujin was very worried that Minjoo was overexerting herself for the past few months.

 

But she couldn’t do anything but to live her life, carrying this pain and guilt in her heart forever. Wonyoung even said that she should date as soon as possible to meet other people but Yujin did not like the idea. For sure, no one would be able to replace Minjoo in her heart, it was useless to date and meet other people when she was down bad for her ex-lover.

 

With a sigh, Yujin tidied up her things and retired for today’s work after seeing that working hours ended. She went out of the building with her co-workers, having light conversations until they scattered in different directions, towards their respective homes.

 

Yujin silently made her way towards the bus stop, and waited for the bus. She sat down on the waiting seat with a tired sigh, it was a long day at work. She was very exhausted.

 

She looked at the darkening skies. She fished out her phone from her thick coat that she got from Minjoo on a random day when they were still together, “For the winter season.” The older woman reasoned out even though winter was still a few months away. This was the coat she mostly used throughout the cold season, it was way warmer than her other coats. Maybe it was because of the fact that it came from her ex-lover.

 

She stared at the lockscreen of her phone which was a candid photo she took of Minjoo when they had their vacation in Jeju. Her face was covered by the sunglasses and her flowing hair but her beautiful smile was visible. Her wallpaper was the two of them together. She had no heart to delete their photos and even change wallpapers so she let it be.

 

The date and time flashed as well, and a sad smile crept up on Yujin’s lips. “February 5.” She murmured before releasing a deep sigh, “I hope she will receive my gift.”

 

“Happiest birthday, my beloved.” Yujin gloomily whispered to the wind.

 

She stayed seated like that for a while, thinking if Minjoo was having a nice day so far since this was her special day. It was just a shame that she wasn’t able to celebrate with her.

 

Her eyes then caught something. There was a white car halted on the corner of the street from a distance, and then suddenly started to speed at the other side of the street. Yujin stood up hastily, squinting her eyes and everything to check the car because it was very familiar but she wasn’t able to catch the plate number. She shook her head. “Maybe just the same car model…” She whispered to herself to avoid false hopes.

 

After that, the bus finally appeared and Yujin went home.

 

At the other side of the street, a familiar flashy white Ferrari was parked and there was a feminine figure leaning against it, fiddling with her sunglasses.

 

Hyunjin walked out of the building, holding a small bouquet of flowers and a small pink box in her hands. “Why did you even bother coming here? I told you I’ll go instead,” She said with a grumble and roll of eyes, but there was a smirk on her lips as she approached the woman. “You took a glimpse of her while she was waiting at the bus stop, no?”

 

Minjoo scowled at her sister. “Let me be, it’s my birthday anyway. Don’t be too annoying.” She growled, huffing at her. She was caught. She definitely stared Yujin by the bus stop, and the latter even caught her but thankfully, she managed to speed up and rounded up to the corner before she could even spot the plate number and recognize the car.

 

It wasn’t the first time that Minjoo tried to get a glimpse of Yujin from a distance, if everything was getting too much for Minjoo — she would drive off to Hyunjin’s office and wait for Yujin to come out of the building. She would then watch the taller woman sit down and doze off while waiting for a bus that would take her home. That was enough.

 

Hyunjin snorted, “Oh, don’t give me attitude or else I won’t give you these gifts.” She threatened.

 

Arching her brow, Minjoo looked at those simple gifts. “Oh? What are you thinking of and you want to give me flowers?” Clueless that it did not come from her sister at all.

 

“It’s not from me, .” Hyunjin said, rolling her eyes before handing her the gifts. “It’s from Yujin.”

 

Minjoo’s entire being froze, she looked at her sister with wide eyes. “Are you… for real now?” She said in disbelief, gently holding the little gifts, feeling her wounded heart warm.

 

Hyunjin hummed, putting her hands inside her pockets. “Yeah, it surprised me as well when she entered the office this morning with these. She asked me if I could hand them to you, and of course, since I’m such a kind sister — I did.” She said, but her voice was soft as she watched the woman sniff the flowers and checked the box with sparkling eyes.

 

Minjoo happily hugged the gifts against her chest, trying her best not to tear up. She thought she wouldn’t be able to get anything from Yujin for her birthday, she even thought her ex-lover forgot her birthday but this… Minjoo let out a sob before she could even catch herself.

 

Hyunjin was silent, and just let out a sigh, stepping in closer to pet the woman’s shoulders awkwardly. “Now, now. Don’t cry. You still need to go back home for the party. I’ll be there later.” She reminded the woman.

 

Minjoo got back inside her car and stared at the cute and simple flowers with a stupid grin. There was a birthday card and it was obviously written by Yujin. Just a simple ‘Happy Birthday’. And in the box, there was a smaller jewelry box and much to Minjoo’s surprise, it was a bracelet. An expensive one at that too.

 

She shakily took it, and wore it to herself. She was very happy. Pressing a kiss on the silver bracelet that Yujin gave her, Minjoo whispered in a trembling voice. “Thank you, my love.”

 

With a grin, Minjoo placed the flowers on the passenger seat and the engine of the car only for a painful sting to pass through her head. She hung her head down low, and massaged her temples, hissing in pain. It was getting frequent and much more painful. The lack of sleep, too much crying, and not eating properly was really taking a toll on her health. She could admit that her health wasn’t the best these past few months because of how wrecked she was.

 

Taking a few deep breaths, once the pain subsided, Minjoo finally drove to her father’s house where a birthday party for her was going to be held. She was weak and fatigue was hitting her hard but she knew she wouldn’t be able to sleep if she skipped the party and she knew that her father wouldn’t be too pleased if she didn’t come.

 

So, she tried her best. She tried her best to socialize, to talk with some people, to express her gratitude when people greeted her and gave her birthday gifts but her body was limp and weak, from time to time, she would go to a less crowded part of the place and take few deep breaths, and also massage her temples because it was starting to get unbearable.

 

When she was with her father talking with her… future in laws — her vision started to get blurry, and suddenly, she felt a painful sting on her head. She fluttered her eyes closed because she suddenly got very dizzy.

 

There was a gasp near her, and when she opened her bleary eyes, everyone was looking at her and Jaemin’s mother was pointing at her in horror. She then felt something drip down from her nose.

 

“Minjoo! Your nose is bleeding!”

 

Before she could even check it herself, Minjoo felt her vision blurred and lost strength in her body, fainting. Her father was able to catch her on time before she could even fall on the floor.

 

It was a blur after that.

 

///

 

Minjoo was sleeping peacefully on the bed. She was immediately rushed to the hospital after what happened, and as expected, the latter fainted because of extreme exhaustion and fatigue. Her health was gradually getting worse and worse because she wasn’t taking care of herself. It might lead to something worse if she wouldn’t take care of herself properly.

 

Minjae sat on the side, and Hyunseo was on the couch, sleeping. She insisted on going and stayed in the hospital with her sister, dead worried when she witnessed her older sister faint at her own birthday party.

 

With a deep sigh, Minjae felt a deep guilt in his heart. He witnessed his daughter’s messy state after she broke up with Yujin, and each time they met, the sorrow in Minjoo’s eyes just kept on intensifying. Somehow, he felt a sense of culpability seeing her lie down on the bed, pale and skinnier. There were dark arches below her eyes, and her energy was low as if she had no will to live.

 

That was a slap on Minjae’s face. This was his dearest daughter, and he just realized then that this was all his fault… why Minjoo became miserable like this. His daughter was so happy with his former female lover, the happiest ever. She was always blooming and there were sparks in her eyes.

 

But after what he did, Minjoo was nothing but a walking body full of sadness.

 

Maybe… what he was doing for her wasn’t the best but actually the worst. Minjae just wanted for his daughter to be the most successful so he was doing whatever he could to give her a boost and connection but seeing his daughter in such a state like this was making him deflate. His poor baby princess was always sad and soulless because of his decisions for her. He promised Minjoo’s deceased mother that he would do everything to make their daughter the happiest yet here he was.

 

Being a bad father.

 

He took a shaky breath and took off her glasses, rubbing his eyes in frustration. He started to contemplate his decisions.

 

After a few minutes, Hyunseo stirred in her sleep when her phone rang. She accepted it and immediately stood up before rushing outside the room, Minjae did not pay mind towards his youngest child, too busy beating himself up for being a bad father.

 

A few moments later, the door was once again opened, and this time — Hyunseo wasn’t alone, she was with his other daughters. They were complete, and with Minjoo’s lover as well which surprised him.

 

His daughters stared at him as they entered the room while Yujin was looking at Minjoo with sparkly, teary eyes. She immediately went to Minjoo’s side, holding the older woman’s motionless hand with her trembling fingers.

 

He watched the woman who was still cladded in pajamas, eyes bloodshot from crying, and her body was trembling as well as she stared at Minjoo. She looked extremely worried that it was making her shake. He noticed that Yujin was also wearing an identical ring and bracelet on her hand, same as the beaded ring that Minjoo refused to take off and the bracelet she just wore for today.

 

“She will be alright,” Minjae said, and Yujin flinched when she heard him speak. She turned around, and there was a hint of fear in her eyes as she bowed down to give her respect. She probably really did not notice him at all because she was too focused on his daughter. “Just needs rest, she’s been overworking herself for quite a while now.” He added softly but his voice was firm and stern.

 

Yujin bit her lower lip and nodded, still holding Minjoo’s hand, the latter unaware and still in a deep slumber. She almost had a heart attack when Hyunjin called her in the middle of the night and told her that Minjoo was rushed to the hospital. The younger woman really panicked, and was about to dash there as well when Hyunjin said that she was on her way towards their house to fetch her so they could go there together.

 

“Father,” Tzuyu stepped in, and she looked very serious. “We would like to speak with you.” She said with no fear in her voice.

 

Minjae did not speak but he made sure to look at his daughters who were hesitant yet looking very courageous to speak up against him. He took a deep breath, and he was hit by the realization that all of them grew up well.

 

Hyunjin was the one who spoke first, “We’re begging you, Father. To cancel the marriage you arranged for Minjoo and let her be happy with Yujin.” She started off calmly. “You know that her happiness is that woman.” She subtly pointed at Yujin who was mum, just caressing Minjoo’s hand while hanging her head down low.

 

Sullyoon and Minji just nodded, and Hyunseo bravely spoke. “I’m sure you witnessed how happy Minjoo-unnie was when she was with Yujin-unnie, Father.” She said with a gentle voice, playing with her fingers nervously. “Please, I hope you reconsider her marriage with Jaemin-oppa. She won’t be happy.”

 

Tzuyu pointed at their sick sister who was on the bed, sleeping but it was obvious enough that she wasn’t well at all. “Look at her, after you two made them break-up, Minjoo has been a wreck and is always unwell. She’s so depressed and in extreme sorrow, Father.” She fired, and it was a good shot because Minjae felt his heart ache because of guilt and self-blame.

 

Minji also piped in, “We beg you, Father. Let them be together.”

 

Sullyoon spoke as well in a low tone. “Our sister is very happy with Yujin. They need each other, Father. Yujin-unnie is a great person, and she’s more than capable of taking care of our sister. She already proved that.”

 

Minjae was silent, and the sisters were also mum, waiting for his response. His eyes shifted towards Yujin who firmly stayed beside his fourth child. She was now looking at him with determined and pleading eyes.

 

After a minute of silence, Minjae let out a deep sigh, and decided that he would clean this mess that he started. He stood up, and pairs of eyes followed him. He looked at Minjoo first before at Yujin.

 

“I’ll cancel the marriage and everything,” He said, and continued to speak, “It was late when I realized that I’m being a bad father. I thought this was for the best but looking at Minjoo like this… it felt like a slap across my face,” He then took a deep breath, shaking his head. His eyes softened as he looked at Yujin. “Please, love my daughter a lot and make her the happiest.”

 

Everyone in the room was wide-eyed, especially Yujin who looked very happy and thankful when she heard that coming out from his own mouth. He looked like he was deeply regretting what he just had done and everything.

 

Out of gratitude and happiness, Yujin faced the man and started to get on her knees but Minjae immediately caught her, looking at her in disbelief. “Do not kneel before me, child.” He commanded, and supported Yujin back to her feet.

 

Yujin was tearing up, and her lips were quivering. She was overwhelmed. “Thank you, Mr. Kim. Thank you… I will love Minjoo a lot. I will make her the happiest. I won’t leave her side ever again.” She started to sob, and Minjae just stared at her with sad eyes yet there was relief in them, that he knew that Yujin would be able to take care of Minjoo well.

 

Minjae just nodded, and squeezed Yujin’s arm. “I would like to apologize as well that I had to use you and your aunt to control Minjoo.” He said, after all, he still knew to admit things and apologize especially if he finally realized how awful he was for doing such things.

 

Yujin just shook her head to say that it was okay, continuing to sob.

 

With a sigh, Minjae turned to his daughters and saw that they were smiling and giving him grateful looks. Hyunseo was even tearing up. His expression softened.

 

“Thank you for this, Father,” Hyunjin said, nodding at him.

 

Minjae shook his head, “No need to thank me.” He said and let out another sigh, fixing his coat. “I’ll excuse myself. I need to deal with some matters since the wedding is canceled.” He added before walking out of the room.

 

The sisters made sure to pull Yujin for a group hug. They were all relieved and happy that they managed to change their father’s plan but they were quite sure that he was already thinking of it when Minjoo was rushed to the hospital after her declining health.

 

Hyunjin stuck her tongue out towards Minjoo who was unaware of all of the happenings that just occurred in her room, still fast asleep. “Come on now, sleeping beauty, you’re missing out.” She cackled.

 

Yujin couldn’t help but to let out another batch of tears, relieved and more than happy for her and Minjoo. They could continue their love story, and be the happiest together.

 

///

 

Yujin stayed in the hospital to look out for Minjoo. The woman was fast asleep for a day, and it was already nearing evening the next day yet the CEO was still sleeping.

 

Staring at Minjoo’s sleeping face, Yujin couldn’t help but to sigh. The woman looked so peaceful sleeping and getting the rest she deserved. It just meant that Minjoo wasn’t really sleeping all that well.

 

She leaned down to kiss Minjoo on the forehead lightly.

 

Yujin sat at the side of the bed, gently scooping Minjoo’s hand with her own hands, pressing a kiss on the back of her head before caressing it.

 

Tzuyu actually told her that she should go home first but she insisted on staying so they let her. She took a shower here and used Minjoo’s clothes that Minji fetched earlier from her house. It was Hyunseo who she was with throughout the whole day but had to go home to do some school activities. Hyunjin would be dropping by before dinner to deliver them some food.

 

Yujin just stared and held Minjoo’s hand throughout.

 

But after a while, Minjoo’s face suddenly started to scrunched up, and she slowly stirred from her sleep that made Yujin stand up with a gasp, waiting for the woman to flutter her eyes open.

 

Minjoo finally opened her heavy eyes, the light above made her squint a little, and it took a few seconds for her blurry sight to adjust. She just then noticed a figure hovering above her, staring down at her with a relieved grin.

 

“Lady Kim,” A familiar voice called out, and Minjoo felt her heart race at the husky voice that she missed.

 

Minjoo stared for a while, and her drowsy self just processed who she was looking at. Of course, it was the love of her life, Ahn Yujin. The pretty woman was grinning down at her with happy eyes b with tears.

 

She missed her so much but flashbacks of what happened before she went unconscious hit her and so, she blurted out in a daze. “Am I in heaven?” She croaked out but she started to cough because felt so dry.

 

Yujin immediately got her a glass of water and helped her drink. “No, you dummy,” She replied with a chuckle, sniffling as Minjoo slowly drank until she was satisfied.

 

Minjoo blinked and rubbed her eyes, staring at Yujin in surprise. “Y-You’re real?” asked Minjoo in disbelief, still not processing that everything was a reality.

 

Yujin nodded with a grin, caging Minjoo into a warm yet tight embrace. Minjoo instantly hugged back once she felt Yujin’s warm body against her. It was real then. Her Yujin was there with her.

 

“I was so worried, you know? When Hyunjin called me to tell me that you were taken to the hospital,” Yujin cried out, tightening her hold around Minjoo but not enough to hurt or suffocate her. “I missed you so much, my love.”

 

Both of them hugged one another, whispering how much they missed one another. It was like that for a few minutes, they couldn’t get enough. They’ve yearned for one another deeply for months so it was understandable that they were both clingy.

 

The doctor came in after Yujin informed him that Minjoo was awake and checked the woman. He told her that she needed to stay in the hospital until tomorrow afternoon because they still needed to observe her further. After that, he excused himself and told them that a nurse would be coming in later to give Minjoo her medicine.

 

Yujin was in the middle of scolding Minjoo because she neglected her health but the latter just sheepishly smiled and hugged her, snuggling to Yujin like a cold cat — when the door was opened, and Yujin expected that it was Hyunjin who was going to deliver their dinner but much to her surprise, it was actually Minjae.

 

“Minjoo, I was told you’re already conscious,” He said calmly as he walked towards his daughter after closing the door.

 

Minjoo was protective, her face went hard as she pulled her lover closer to her, away from him. Minjae noticed the action and smiled a little, he forgot that the woman wasn’t still aware of what happened.

 

“Father,” Minjoo just weakly said, and held Yujin close. The latter just smiled a little, and gently assured her that it was fine.

 

“I guess Yujin still hasn’t told you anything?” Minjae asked, approaching his daughter closely. Yujin shook her head gently.

 

Minjoo tilted her head, frowning a little. “What is?” She asked, she was still guarded as she looked up at her smiling lover.

 

“The wedding is canceled.” Minjae told her, and Minjoo froze, blinking a few times as if she didn’t believe it at all.

 

“Come again, Father?”

 

Minjae repeated, much clearer this time. “I canceled your marriage with Jaemin, Minjoo-ah,” He said in a soft voice and a small smile before glancing at Yujin. “I want you to marry the girl beside you instead.” Yujin went insane red because it was sudden.

 

Minjoo was starting to shake. And the man noticed that, holding his daughter’s hands. “I’m sorry for deciding for you. I thought this was the best for you, to give you away to some man you don’t even love for power,” He apologized sincerely, and patted his crying daughter’s head. “I’m so sorry, sweetheart, for being such a bad father and taking you away from the love of your life. Putting you through a lot of suffering to the point you fainted on your own birthday and your health started to deteriorate. Forgive me, Minjoo. Forgive me, Yujin.” He was genuinely sorry for his actions.

 

Minjoo knew she wouldn’t be able to stay mad at her father like that after the latter genuinely apologized and finally realized his wrongs. Now, he was more than happy for her to end up with the woman she loved.

 

“Thank you, Father,” Minjoo sobbed, and pulled her father for a hug. The latter just embraced his daughter tight, kissing the side of her head for a little apology. “Thank you for letting me be with Yujin again.”

 

After that emotional exchange, Minjae stayed for a little while to catch up with his daughter but when Hyunjin came to drop by their food, Minjae excused himself. Hyunjin also promised to come back since she would just fetch Sullyoon from her dorms since she wanted to visit Minjoo.

 

Yujin fed Minjoo dinner happily while the latter just ate giddily. They were just smiling and giggling to one another whenever their eyes met.

 

Yujin slept in the hospital, beside Minjoo since the latter insisted that it was more comfortable there than the couch so without much choice, Yujin just agreed and cuddled with Minjoo. When the nurse entered the room without notice while they were both fast asleep to check on Minjoo, she thought that they were cute before exiting the room after getting the things she needed and jotting down notes.

 

The next day, Minjoo looked visibly healthier and went home with Yujin after giving her sisters some hugs, thanking them for standing up for her and Yujin. She was very grateful. She also gave her father a hug like a five-year-old little girl but it was obvious she still felt a little bit off towards him after what he put them through however willing to get along. Just needed time.

 

Minjae sent them off to Minjoo’s home with a smile and fresh expression, which made him look less intimidating. He still needed to make an effort to fix his relationship with his daughter since he ruined it anyway.

 

Yujin genuinely missed Minjoo’s home, she couldn’t help but to look around when they entered, her heart feeling warm as she stepped inside the familiar abode. There was a familiar warm flame in her heart.

 

Minjoo watched her with a smile on her face, and pulled her closer for a hug. Yujin was surprised but she hugged back anyway.

 

“Welcome home, Yujin.”

 

Yujin felt like she ascended when she heard that from Minjoo. After months of suffering and being apart, they were finally together once more and this time… people around them were supportive and would never dare to ruin what they had anymore.

 

Yujin couldn’t help but to tear up again, and this time, out of happiness. Her hold around Minjoo’s body tightened, and her heart was trembling in contentment. She was beyond happy at that point because finally… she was back into Minjoo’s arms again and this time, she was certain that she would never leave this woman again.

 

Through thick and thin. She would always love this woman eternally. And it was like that for Minjoo to Yujin as well.

 

They were given another chance to be together, and they would make sure that their love would grow and flourish until the end of time.

 

“I’m back home. We’re home.”

 

///

 

It was the eight founding anniversary of NIEVES. And so, the CEO threw a party. It was pretty annual but since the company had reached a milestone and finally entered the mainstream market — the party was much more grand, and rumors spread around that their CEO would announce something which they looked forward to.

 

Eunbi looked around the grand hall, it was sophisticatedly decorated and it was bigger than the previous annual party. There were some people from the media that would cover their party as well.

 

All in all, she was very proud that the company was just getting bigger and bigger. She had been working under NIEVES since its second year of operating. It was still small and trying to climb to the middle when she joined the team — the family. So, witnessing their company just getting bigger and achieving a lot more was making Eunbi proud, like a mother seeing her child achieve such high grades.

 

“Have any idea what CEO Kim will announce? Might be pretty important.” Yena commented as she swirled her wine.

 

Aeri shrugged, “No idea.”

 

Jiwoo scratched her head, “Maybe a partnership?”

 

“You got an idea?” Yuqi asked Eunbi but the latter just shook her head.

 

Soon after, the party started and there were some programs, even activities to make the party much livelier and everything. But in the middle of it all, a familiar figure suddenly entered the venue, and Eunbi’s eyes instantly widened when she saw the person walking by their table.

 

“Yujin!” She shouted and it immediately got the woman’s attention. Other people looked as well, curious.

 

And it was indeed Yujin.

 

Yujin turned around and she instantly grinned when she spotted her former workmates and walked over their table. She looked very dashing with her maroon dress, and her hair was wavy, cascading past her shoulders. She was very beautiful, and her presence was bright and kept catching the attention of people. She was blooming.

 

Jihoon almost spat out his wine when he caught the sight of his ex-crush.

 

“It’s been a while guys!” Yujin chirped, and hugged each one of them. They were ecstatic to meet Yujin there. It had been a while since they all met completely like this.

 

They started to catch up with one another, and everything until Eunbi piped in to ask, “What are you doing here, by the way? Just curious.” She asked, taking a sip from her wine.

 

Yujin gave her a big smile, “Well, I got invited by Lady Kim.” She directly answered.

 

Jiwoo’s mouth formed into a small ‘o’. “Oh, you guys are still close? Or bumped into each other or something?” She was curious and chirpy.

 

Yujin just smiled meaningfully at them. “You’ll know later.” She then winked.

 

After a while, they continued to talk and catch up until they fell into silence, watching the video being shown on the huge screen. It was their new promotional video showing the diversity of their company.

 

Yujin was intently watching when suddenly, Jihoon cleared his throat and scooted closer near the woman. “Y-You look gorgeous, Yujin!” He nervously complimented.

 

Turning around with a wine glass in hand, Yujin smiled at Jihoon that made him swoon even more. “Thank you.” She said sincerely but said nothing more.

 

Jihoon coughed and blushed a little, “I’m just wondering if you’re still free and single, Yujin. Well, I want to shoot my shot.” He straightforwardly said, and the people at the table let out a howl and teasing whistles.

 

“Finally, after years, you got the guts to ask her out.” Jaehyun teased while Jihoon glared at them.

 

Yujin laughed as well, and shook her head. She did not say anything yet — staring at her hand so they all looked where she was looking. Much to their surprise, she was wearing rings and on her ring finger… there was a—

 

Yujin proudly showed them the diamond engagement ring on her finger. “Sorry but I’m happily engaged.”

 

Jihoon had the shock of his life while the others were surprised as well but in a pleasant way, immediately asking who was the lucky person and since when she was engaged.

 

Yujin just smiled at them and she was about to answer when suddenly, a bodyguard appeared and asked for Yujin. “Miss Ahn, you’re being called at the VIP table.” He said, and so, Yujin had no choice but to leave her co-workers, bidding her goodbye to them.

 

The table was noisy when Yujin left with the guard, Jihoon was pale and as if he had seen a ghost. Yena just guffawed and slapped his back. “Too bad, Jihoon! Find someone else.”

 

Everyone was just too immersed talking about Yujin being engaged and everything because none of them were still married so knowing a friend getting engaged early like that was a huge surprise to them but they were happy. They couldn’t wait to relay their congrats to Yujin, and her partner. And to that they should be invited to the wedding.

 

Suddenly, the MC finally called Minjoo up to the stage and everyone paused what they were doing to applaud their great CEO, some even cheered and whistled as Minjoo elegantly stepped on the stage, wearing a glamorous backless dress. She looked very blooming as well, her aura was all over the place.

 

Minjoo sweetly smiled at the audience when she settled in front of the mic.

 

“I hope you guys are having a nice time so far, I paid a lot for this…” Minjoo lightly joked which earned laughter from the present audience, their attention was on Minjoo. “So, I would like to thank each one of you all for attending the little celebration of our dear company in its eighth year. You all did your job well, and because of each of you all’s hard work, diligence, and passion for working under NIEVES — we are able to reach what we currently have. As the Founder and current Chief Executive Officer of NIEVES; I’m extremely grateful that I have you all…”

 

Minjoo continued her thank speech, while the people in the marketing department continued to gossip.

 

“Want to bet what the announcement is all about? Five thousand won,” Yena whispered. “Mine’s having a new famous model signing in.”

 

Jiwoo grinned and nodded eagerly, “Sure! It’s about expansion for me. You better be ready for that five thousand won!”

 

The others placed their bets until Eunbi was the only one who still hadn’t bet anything so she thought of it first before saying, “Partnership.”

 

A while after, Minjoo then finally said, “I have something important to announce,” She said, her voice booming around the venue and everyone braced themselves. “I signed a partnership deal with KM Sportswear.” Everyone applauded.

 

Eunbi raised her fist, punching the air in victory. “I’m right!” She was very smug about it while the others just groaned in their defeat, especially Jiwoo who actually guessed it first but stuck to the expansion idea.

 

But even after the announcement, Minjoo stayed still on the stage and her expression changed. “And I would like to announce this as well,” Her stern voice caught everyone’s attention, they were all paying attention to their CEO.

 

Minjoo then broke into a gentle and sweet smile that they had never seen, it was full of fondness. “I’m engaged.” She announced, and everyone cheered loudly, not really expecting it but genuinely happy for their Lady Boss. She then rolled her eyes when she added, “Well, again, but this time… nothing is forced and I have genuine feelings for this person.”

 

Aeri blinked, clapping. “Wow, no wonder she’s really in a good mood.” She said, and grinned, “Can’t believe that our Lady Boss finally got someone to tame her, nice.” She commented and they all shared a chuckle.

 

Minjoo bit her lower lip, and bravely stood there at the stage, all eyes on her. “I just didn’t want to keep it a secret since we’ve been hiding it for years. But now, I really want to tell everyone, the world — how much I love this woman, and I’m not ashamed that I love her to death,” Minjoo said, and that ‘woman’ caused some ruckus, people started to murmur with one another, pleasantly surprised.

 

Yuqi’s mouth went agape. “Holy , she swings that way! I knew it, I had a gut feeling!” She commented, and Eunbi had to shush her down because Minjoo wasn’t done announcing.

 

Everyone could see the fondness and love in her eyes, they were all moved and genuinely happy for their CEO who had done nothing but to work her off to make the company grow and strive harder. She deserved to be happy.

 

“So, I want everyone to know that I love her so much that I’m willing to go past my capabilities just to make her happy. She’s the source of my happiness, and she has never failed me to be the happiest. She stayed by my side through thick and thin, she’s always there when I need her. She… she’s beyond important to me,” Minjoo was getting emotional as she expressed how much she loves her fiance, and everyone was moved as well, feeling a tug in their hearts. “We’ve dealt with a lot of things before and I almost lost her completely in the past, I almost lost myself there as well — but when we were given a chance to be together, I firmly made a promise that no matter what I will never let her go like how I did before.”

 

“This woman inspired me to work harder. She’s way more diligent and hard working than me. She’s so humble and kind, with the fairest and golden heart. She’s just simply so lovely, and she’s… the perfect woman for me,” Minjoo continued, and her eyes were already trying to spot in the crowd, her smile went bigger when she spotted something — or rather, someone in the crowd as she continued her emotional speech. “She always fought for me, for us. This woman is the only person I want to spend my entire life with, and other lifetimes as well. I’ve never been thankful for someone’s existence.”

 

“I want to thank you first, my love. For always being here, showering me love and affection without getting tired. Thank you for being patient with me and my whims, thank you for loving me, thank you for taking care of me, thank you for everything. Thank you for existing, my dearest. You’re the most beautiful thing that ever happened to my life. And I can’t simply live on anymore without you by my side.” Minjoo said with a big grin on her face, and it felt like the crowd disappeared from her sight as she stared at the beautiful lady sitting on the front, watching her and grinning back at her with tears in her pretty eyes.

 

Minjoo glanced once more at the audience and smiled, “So, everyone, I want you all to meet the woman who completes my life and turned everything better, my other half,” Minjoo pointed at the woman in a maroon dress.

 

“Ahn Yujin, my future wife.”

 

Eunbi almost fell from her seat. Yena dropped her glass on the carpeted floor which caused some few turns towards their seats but they couldn’t care less as they watched Yujin, in her glory, climb to the stage with a grin.

 

Yujin and Minjoo grinned at each other once the former was close to her. Minjoo instantly s her hand around Yujin’s waist as the latter shyly settled beside her but melted from her lover’s touch. She stared at Minjoo with lovestruck eyes.

 

“I love you so much.” Yujin whispered that only Minjoo could hear.

 

Minjoo felt her heart drum against her ribcage as her smile went broad, almost forgetting that they were still in front of other people. “I love you more, my beloved.” She whispered with fondness dripping on her voice before facing the crowd, both of them showing their rings.

 

Everyone was cheering loudly and the stutter of the cameras were rapid and continuous. Eunbi grumbled something under as she clapped for the couple, “She has a lot of things to explain!” She exclaimed with a sigh. “Everything is suddenly connecting. God, she kept on visiting CEO Kim before! And the Lady Boss always called for Yujin as well! Jesus, they’ve been a thing since then.”

 

As the crowd clapped for them, Minjoo continued to speak into the mic. “I’ve seen some of you all looking at my future wife with sticky gazes,” She said in a possessive tone, it was cold and terrifying that the people who were guilty of staring at Yujin started to sweat, especially Jihoon who wanted the ground to swallow him. “Better watch your eyes, people.” She scoffed.

 

No one was even surprised that their Lady Boss was such a jealous and possessive woman to her partner.

 

Yujin just chuckled, and comforted the woman by whispering in her ear, “I’m only yours.” And that calmed Minjoo a little before saying one last thing.

 

“And all of you, yes, all of NIEVES employees are invited to the grand wedding that will happen on July 11th.” Minjoo announced, which caused the people to cheer louder.

 

Yujin and Minjoo looked at each other, sheepishly grinning at one another. As if they were the only people in the venue, they seemed not to care as they stared lovingly at each other, obviously in love and passionate.

 

“Kiss, kiss, kiss!” People started to chant loudly which surprised Minjoo while Yujin just laughed shyly.

 

Minjoo turned to Yujin, and her eyes were sparkly, “Is it okay?” She asked because actually, she liked the idea of kissing Yujin in front of these people, to show that she loved her so much and that she was hers.

 

Yujin gave her a gentle smile, “Why not?”

 

And so, Minjoo smiled at Yujin and pulled her for a soft kiss.

 

Every living being in the venue was giddy and cheering for the couple, happy for them and their relationship, wishing them nothing but happiness.

 

Yujin and Minjoo kissed in front of the hundreds of crowd, to show how much they were in love with each other. That they weren’t embarrassed of what they have.

 

It took a while for them to make their relationship open because of other matters but when Minjoo got the chance in the event, she did. They were actually already engaged way before, and Minjoo proposed last year when they were in Switzerland for their vacation, since then, they hid it for the meantime until they were ready to tell the world.

 

They passed through a lot of rough paths to get through there but it was worth it. They’ve loved each other more, and their love for another just kept growing. And like how they promised each other, they never let each other go despite the difficulties, they’ve fixed every problem together, in hard times — they became each other’s strength and motivation.

 

It took them a little while and now, they finally showed to every single soul of this world how much they meant to each other, and how much they love each other.

 

That they were for each other. Ahn Yujin and Kim Minjoo. Exclusively for one another.

 

And this was for eternal.

 

///

 

A/N: hello ppl missed me? lol soooo how’s the chapter? this was the original plot for the first two parts but i knew it would be too long if i ever added such conflict so… when i was asked to write part three, i was like… alright, time to bring this bad boy up! it took long than i expected though since i set the goal only for 20k max but i got carried away writing and enjoyed it too much whoopsss so i hoped you guys enjoyed this long piece :D

 

i hope that you guys are doing well!

 

thank you for commissioning me to write part three again, @jt1025_jj71 ! i really enjoyed this one~ i’m very grateful you gave me freedom to write anything i want for this one. :)