Making changes

Two-weeks'notice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The gorgeous dark-haired woman received a standing ovation from her whole team and supporters.

She had worked hard and the journey was long and filled with holes.

Kim Yongsun was an ambitious woman who dedicated her life to her career.

Her husband was a respected millionaire who loved sponsoring art and several social causes.

The couple exchanged vows 10 years before and decided not to have kids.

Joshua Carter was 40 years old and he preferred spending time in Europe but continued living in the USA to support Yongsun's career.

The North American treated everyone well and most people liked him.

While the new Senator spoke to a reporter right after her victory was announced on TV, Joshua decided to tell the political party staff to go home to rest.

The male noticed that the lights of the office were still on. So he entered the room to turn them off.

Yongsun's most influential and relevant staff member was there and she placed an envelope on her boss' desk.

______ Ms. Moon, I thought you had already left.______ Carter smiled affectionately.

The 28-year-old brown-haired female glanced at the man with an exhausted expression but smiled back.

_______ I just needed to do something before going home.

_______ You know, Yongsun is still downstairs. You may hand her the envelope if you want to.

_______ It's okay. Ms. Kim has a lot to think about this evening. Anyway, Good night, Sir._____ The sophisticated young woman readjusted her bun and grabbed her purse before walking to the door.

Concerned, the blond guy insisted:

______ I feel that something is bothering you, Ms. Moon. You should talk to her.

Shaking her head, the pretty and handsome girl sighed.

_______ There is no point. What I had to say, I wrote in a letter. Have a nice night, Mr.Carter.

The senator's husband watched the competent and charming assistant leaving and decided to take the envelope with him.

When Yongsun finished the interview, the male waited for the reporter to leave and said:

_______ Let's go home. You must be worn out.

_______ Where is Byul-YI? I didn't discuss my schedule for Tomorrow.______ The stunning brunette looked around with a question mark on her face.

_______ People are not robots, Yong. She's gone. But she left this on your desk. It might be important.

Holding the envelope, the senator opened it and read it with a very upset expression.

_______ How long since she left?

_______ I'm not sure. 10 minutes ago maybe.

Yongsun picked up her phone and tried to call her assistant but the young woman didn't answer.

_______ I need you to drop me at Byul-YI's place, Josh.

_______ Are you kidding? Yong, let the girl breathe. She is like your loyal dog 24/7.

_______ If I'm asking you this, it's because it's urgent. Don't you know that?______ The 35-year-old gritted her teeth.

_______ What did she say in the letter?

_______ She resigned...

_______ Oh...

_______ What was this oh about? I don't get it! I always made sure she is well-paid and respected. Byul-YI has my life in her hands but she was never overworked. Why would she leave? And not even talk to me.

_______ I think she is tired of waiting.

_______ Waiting for what? 

_______ For God's sake, Yong! We both know that our wedding is fake. But does she? And stop lying to yourself. You know there are feelings between you two.______ The husband rolled his eyes.

_______I...We never crossed the line. Except for a kiss, years ago. There was no talk about that type of relationship.______ Yongsun blushed.

_______ Well, I understand her necessity to break this bond. It is frustrating. And you, think carefully before you chase her. I doubt Byul-YI will accept getting back to what was harming her. If you go, she'll force you to change things.

________ Just shut up and drive. Or I'll do it myself.

________ Don't be silly. Imagine the senator being pulled over by the police and they check the level of alcohol in your blood. Of course, I'll take you to her place.

_____ x _____ 

The handsome young woman got rid of those formal clothes and showered.

Byul-YI spent 30 minutes in the shower and then, put on a robe and walked around the apartment with the feeling of emptiness.

She saw all the missing calls and threw the phone on the couch.

A message notification broke the silence, tempting her to check it.

Rolling her eyes, the skinny woman ignored the fact that her former boss just said she was waiting downstairs.

After hesitating a bit, Byul-YI fought the urge to give in and go talk to the older woman.

Instead, she walked to the kitchen and had some juice.

Despite her determination, the charming girl struggled to ignore her phone for the following hour.

Byul-YI the tv and watched something random just to distract her mind.

It was almost midnight when the brown-haired girl turned off the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter