Chapter 1 New World

Beyond Alvania's Wall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beyond Alvania’s wall. 

 

Chapter 1

Earth was dying. Studies showed that as the earth advanced in technology it lost what made it home. There was no greenery left. Trees, plants and flowers had stopped growing as the ground was contaminated and the air foggy. Insects and animals had begun to die out, only a few sacred in a contained zoo. Humans would see them before they died out watching on a live view from their computers at home. There were no healthy oceans and fish in the past collected eventually became toxic. But once the water began to dry up they died too. Therefore no vegetation was possible, only processed foods from a can were made for humans. And water was recycled and given in small portions. 

 

Choi Minho has been living on earth for around 26 years. Earth had a strange way of existing. People no longer met one another. It became against the law to prevent illness and death. The air was contaminated, and polluted and full-body suits had to be worn for you to travel. It was rather a lucky dip of what canned meals you would receive. Everyone was on a computer system. You followed rules to make it through the days until you died. In order for children to be created, selected men would deposit in cups, it would be implanted inside selected women who worked as surrogates. They would have the infants taken who were then brainwashed to embrace the life earth was. You had to be lucky to be rich, and donated a fortune to carry on a business. But it had been years since anyone got it themselves; rather they did something on the online platforms and grew famous for a while. 

 

Minho had a blog and a following of fans but nothing extensive. He was interested in the history of the earth and not many cared for it. He did talks on what the earth had before the mog. Minho dreamed of the green grass and eating fruit from a plant. He had attempted once to grow something at home before the officials collected his work and burnt it stating it was for his safety. He was observed online for three years to make sure he didn't buy anything on the black market. He was also interested in the animals that once lived. He liked horses and watched many antique movies with them. And Minho adored romantic films. If life wasn't this way he believed he would have someone to love. 

 

Today Minho is reading up on the latest news regarding a possible new earth. Since the world had advanced, earth had travelled beyond what had once been known. A world similar to earth at the start of time had been found. Minho dreamed of joining the team. Sent application after application. Hoping to leave his boring and endless life. When a notification pops up on his screen.

 

He walks in full protection gear to the collection shop. Placing his ID Card where a screen is and a box was revealed from a shoot and he took it. The air was so moggy he could barely see others that passed him. When he returned to his home he had to be sprayed inside the enclosed small porch before entering his living space. It was small. With all the basic stuff in the four corners. He undressed and opened his box. Six cans of meat, and six of fruits, there were some liquids in the form of drinks but it was all fake. There are also snacks. Minho ate because he needed to, not because he wanted to. 

 

He opens a can called Sunday roast but it looks like the texture of chewing gum. He even uses his fingers to pull it out and eats it. He returns to his activity listening to a video regarding the planet he was most invested in.

 

Alvania they called it. A planet with inhabitants already. Upon were alien creatures. Somewhat similar to humans but larger. Minho’s 5ft 11. was small compared to their 7ft+ bodies. They had toned muscles and a skin colour that was most beautiful and soft. They were almost like the human race but better. Yet they had something unique they had a way to connect with the planet unlike humanity had ever done. They had webbed feet. And webbed hands. And even a tail, Their skin also had markings that helped them blend into the forest. And become hidden in the sea. And while they also breathed the same air. Some scientists now on the planet had been ill due to how fresh and pure it was. They had tried to speak with the aliens and made a connection but they were soon hostile to the humans when one of them was killed and now kept a distance. They had attacked when humans left their barrier and so humans had chosen to stay indoors. 

 

Earth leaders had decided they would begin life there anyway and rebuild the population. Starting small and eventually expanding until the day they could bring humanity over. 

 

To Minho’s luck as a man of knowledge of history, he was chosen to join the team. It would be the first time he met other people. The first time he would see a green planet. 

 

~

 

He awoke in a chamber. One that had kept him in hibernated sleep upon the long journey across space. 

 

His arm still ached from the injections he had been given before the ship took off. He was liable to viruses having been indoors all of his life. He becomes nervous when he sees other humans exit their pods. They are looking around embracing the fact they don't have giant suits on. And can actually communicate Minho jumps when he feels someone touch him. 

 

‘Sorry… didn't mean to make you jump!’. 

 

Minho smiles at the human and looks at his hand before taking it. ‘Our ancestors did this as a greeting’. He shakes it ‘Hello, my name is Minho’.

 

The man, though confused by the action, smiles back. 

 

‘Then hello I am Jonghyun, it is so good to finally see a person with my eyes’ he blinks his eyes and moves closer. ‘I think I watched your blogcast before I joined the team’.

 

Minho smiles ‘Oh I am glad my life's work has impressed someone’.

 

‘Are you here as part of the science crew?’

 

‘Something like that, I know how the earth cares for plants. I am here to make sure we protect them so we won't kill them again’.’

 

‘I am here for entertainment’. 

 

‘Entertainment?’

 

‘Yes, I have a huge following for my music. I won a lottery to perform here for the people creating our world. I can send back updates to my followers and I will return to earth in 5 years’. 

 

‘Oh wait, are you the guy who sings to his house items?’

 

Jonghyun laughs nervously ‘That would be me’. 

 

‘Why do you sing to house items?’

 

‘Because I was lonely and they were my only friends’.

 

Minho looks down then up ‘Congratulations, you now have a friend’.

 

‘I do?’

 

‘Yes, I am now your friend’.

 

~

 

As the spaceship appears upon Alvania’s night sky.

 

A creature of the land watches it like a falling star. He hisses and moves to crawl down the tree branch he was hiding in. He is hunting and crawls between bushes before pulling out a handmade knife. He pounces and catches a creature that had green skin and plenty of eyes. He speaks to it softly, thanking it for being here to become a blessed feast. The animal surrenders under his alpha-like control and allows him to take its life. He thanks it again and takes it over his shoulder. Returning to the base of his home. 

 

He calls out a whistle sound to let people know he is approaching some children run over to see what he has caught. 

 

‘The mighty warrior Ta’eh’min’ has caught us food again’. One calls out.

 

Some of his people cheer while others begin to prepare. A moment after another warrior arrives he too has an animal for feasting. He drops the food at the feet of the people who will prepare it. 

The first male smiles embracing him. ‘My friend you caught something bigger than me?’

 

‘Well, I couldn't let you have all the glory’. He tilts the wooden carved ty

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter