Wonkyu

tell me how to fall in love (the way you want me to)

Kyuhyun tilts his head to the side as he gestures. "Do you wanna walk to the shop?"

 

God, he looks so beautiful under the sunlight. It's almost the cold season and he's stuffed under layers of clothing and a scarf that makes him look absolutely adorable.

 

Siwon misses him. A lot.

 

So he nods and they start walking, but the more they walk, the more it becomes apparent that they have to address the elephant in the room – or on the street. And Siwon hates it. He hates having to drag out a problem for so long. If they can talk about it and move forward now, he'll do something, so he says the first thing that comes to mind.

 

"How's Kim Ryeowook?"

 

Okay, maybe that was not the best question that he has and Kyuhyun knows it too. He looks at him weirdly, obviously taken aback by the sudden mention of his best friend.

 

"Ryeowook? Well, he went back to his hometown," Kyuhyun says, pushing his hands deeper into his pockets. Then he pouts, and Siwon knows he's about to be the listener of one of his rants. Not that he's complaining.

 

"Can you believe that Kim Ryeowook came here not to visit me? He just wants something from me, that's why he came."

 

"What's that?," Siwon asks.

 

"He wants me to help with his proposal. I don't understand why he couldn’t have just messaged me. Why did he even fly hundreds of miles just to ask?"

 

He pouts even more as he grumbles, but Siwon misses that because blood is rushing to his ears. "He's going to propose?"

 

Kyuhyun raises his eyebrows. "Yeah, he wants to get married to his girlfriend, and honestly it's been a long time coming."

 

Girlfriend. Kim Ryeowook has a girlfriend. So what has he been doing? Being upset and jealous (yes, he has admitted it to himself) all for something that doesn't exist because apparently Ryeowook already has a partner who is definitely not Kyuhyun.

 

"What? Is it so strange that Ryeowook is about to get married?"

 

He lifts his head and sees Kyuhyun standing there with narrowed eyes. Siwon realizes he must have suddenly stopped walking, while he was busy with his thoughts. Seeing Kyuhyun's reaction, he quickly raises his hands in front of him, shaking his head almost frantically.

 

"No, no, no. I just spaced out for a while."

 

Kyuhyun ponders for a moment before shrugging his shoulders and continuing to walk. Siwon lightly jogs to keep up with his pace.

 

Now, Siwon has to face yet another question. If Ryeowook was taken, then how about Kyuhyun? They've known each other for months and not once has Siwon received any hints of Kyuhyun's significant other. Maybe they've never really talked about their dating lives that much but with their random conversations Siwon is sure he has mentioned his past relationships once or twice. He believes Kyuhyun would have mentioned something about a partner if he really had one, right?

 

More importantly, if he didn't, then does he feel the same?

 


 

"Siwon-hyung!"

 

He tries hard to hide his blush when Siwon turns around looking so handsome under the sunlight like a magazine model. It's really unfair how good he looks.

 

While they were walking, Kyuhyun noticed he kept running his hand through his hair and now strands have escaped from his neatly styled hair. Kyuhyun thinks he looks even better this way, a little loose and more casual than his usual business look. He looks more like the Siwon he knows.

 

They reached the shop, but Siwon continued to walk, eyes focused ahead in the distance. He walked until the neighboring restaurant before Kyuhyun realized he was spacing out and called out his name.

 

It's clear that he has a lot on his mind.

 

"Huh?," Siwon asks innocently, eyes blinking as if lost in a daze.

 

Kyuhyun chuckles. From model to cute lil puppy real quick. "Where are you going?"

 

He looks around and scratches the back of his head as his face reddens, a very rare sight for someone like Siwon. "Sorry…"

 

After their initial conversation, they fell into a silence that's between awkward and comfortable. At least that was what Kyuhyun felt. Normally one of them could come up with random topics leaving no space for silence, but not today. In the trip to the shop, Kyuhyun tried so hard to think of something to talk about, from the most boring things like the weather to the weirdest like public bathrooms, but it didn't feel right. At some point, he realized maybe Siwon felt the same because this is probably the longest they have been together without speaking.

 

He feels Siwon's stare at the side of his face as he pulls his keys with almost shaking hands.

 

"You're closed today?"

 

"We'll have a workshop this afternoon. It's our first event, so we decided to close the shop for the day to prepare."

 

"Oh, that's amazing. Congratulations!"

 

Kyuhyun turns his head to look at him, his handsome face lighting up with a huge smile. His heart twinges at the familiar sight.

 

"Thanks," he replies as he pushes the door open.

 

Sometimes it's better to face things head on. So that's what he does.

 

"How have you been? I feel like I haven't seen you much lately," he says, trying to sound as nonchalantly as possible.

 

There's a pause of deafening silence. For once, he's afraid to look at his expressive eyes, so he stays with his back towards the door where Siwon stood motionless.

 

"Well, I've been very busy with work."

 

This time, he turns around. He needs to see his face as he tells him these words with a shaking voice. Siwon holds his stare with shaking hands, and they both know he isn't fooling anyone. There's something on his face, something that he's holding back. Kyuhyun lets him keep it because people are entitled to their own boundaries.

 

Yet he can't help the disappointment in his chest.

 

"I see."

 

He looks around the shop. This little shop that he and Shindong built with their own money and abilities has brought him so much joy and pride, yet he suddenly feels self-conscious as he glances at the large menu hanging above the counter.

 

Kyuhyun was the one who came up with the menu, a collection of drinks that would seem far too simple for some but he can guarantee that the quality is the best they can offer. But having seen Mouse Rabbit's, it suddenly feels far too simple. Even their pastries collection is far better than their two cake and 3 cookies selection. Cakes, choux pastries, doughnuts, pies, and of course croffles.

 

No wonder Siwon went back to Mouse Rabbit as soon as it opened. Now that he thought about it, Siwon started coming to the shop at the same time renovations at Mouse Rabbit started…

 

He chuckles darkly. Why did he even have to be disappointed? The answer has always been there.

 

The bag in his hand feels heavier than ever.

 


 

It wasn't exactly a lie. Siwon was really busy for the week when one of their suppliers backed out after they closed a huge deal. Although he had been visiting outside of office hours, it had really been stressful for him, and he didn't want to bring such negative energy to the cafe. But he also wasn't telling the whole truth. After all, it all started when he became jealous of his best friend who apparently already has a partner.

 

Kyuhyun takes something out of the bag in his hand.

 

"You want some?"

 

With shaking hands, he reaches for the box Kyuhyun was holding out to him. He's about to mutter a small thank you and the words die on his lips when he opens the lid. Inside is a piece of croffle.

 

His heart skips a beat as he stares at it. Perhaps he was staring at it a minute too long that Kyuhyun shakes the box a little and shrugs his shoulders. "I thought you might like it."

 

His heart thuds against his chest. Even after he just left him there, he still brought this for him. This little piece of pastry sits inside its little box as if nothing if nothing has happened, just as nonchalant as the man standing before him was acting.

 

Siwon doesn't want to presume. But Kyuhyun is far too kind to him at this moment that he feels guilt and a little dash of hope that perhaps something more could grow out of this friendship.

 

And because his mind is a trainwreck lately, he moves a little too late.

 

For a split second, pain flashes across his face and it disappears. His huge dark eyes pierce through him, almost as if he was looking into his soul. He looks upset for a moment, then Siwon catches a glimpse of what he dreads the most. His eyes darken as he looks at him plainly without any warmth. Indifferent. As if he was no one but a customer. A stranger.

 

Siwon's heart drops to his stomach and he suddenly feels helpless.

 

"I'll tell you." The words flow from his mouth faster than he could think.

 

"Excuse me?"

 

He doesn't want it to be this way. He wants it to be memorable and special. He wants it to be a joyous moment that they would both never forget. Yet he knows he can't let another moment slip away if Siwon doesn't want to lose him completely. He clenches his fingers into a fist, willing himself to say the words.

 

"I'll tell you why I didn't visit the shop."

 

Kyuhyun looks back at him, eyes wide. The sunlight filtering through the windows hit his porcelain skin and brown curls perfectly. His soft pink lips parted ever so slightly. He looks beautiful and Siwon wants to capture and savor this moment of certainty in their relationship before they tip over the cliff and fall into the unknown.

 

"Yeah, um, i-it's true I was really busy, but at first I wasn't," he says. Kyuhyun gives him a look, and Siwon realizes he's a little all over the place and probably not making much sense. He clears his throat, trying to regain his control over himself.

 

"I was jealous."

 

So much for control. But he was here anyway so he had no choice but to push through.

 

"I was jealous because of Ryeowook. Because I like you."

 


 

Siwon likes him. This beautiful and handsome man likes him enough to be jealous of someone. Lies him enough that his cheeks turn red into a blush that is so unlike him.

 

He wants to jump around and pull him into a tight hug, but Kyuhyun’s heart is beating so hard that it feels like it's going to jump out of his chest. His intense dark eyes are looking at him, pinning him to the ground, searching silently but intently for answers. And suddenly he doesn’t know what to do at all with his fluttering heart and sweaty hands.

 

“Well, I understand if you-,” Siwon ducks his chin, scratching the back of his head as he shuffles quite awkwardly. “...if you don’t feel the same way. I just-”

 

A wave of clarity washes over Kyuhyun and he takes a step forward. The words die on Siwon’s lips. Kyuhyun feels a shiver run through his body as his eyes flick to the shape of his cupid’s bow. His beautiful lips that look perfect on him and only him.

 

“Kyuhyun…”

 

His eyes meet his. It’s swirling with vulnerability, and he sees everything. His whole heart laid out in front of him, letting him take the next step.

 

And Kyuhyun wants him too. So much.

 

He takes a step and another step until he can almost feel his body touching him but not quite. Kyuhyun hears Siwon’s breath hitch, and he can’t help the small smirk on his face brought by a surge of confidence. He leans in and presses the softest kiss on his lips.

 

One.

 

Two.

 

Three.

 

“Kyuhyun.”

 

The first time was uncertain. Almost an invitation to do what he wants. It left an escape for him if he wanted to. Ever the gentleman. But this was more certain. A statement that there was no one but him. He pulls away lightly, peering shyly at him, and he gasps softly at how soft and shiny his dark eyes are. His intense gaze makes his belly swirl with something hot and dangerous.

 

Then something snaps, and Siwon pounces. His large hand pressing hotly on his back pulling him close until he feels the hard planes of his chest.

 

At the back of his mind, he realizes he lets go of the paper bag he holds in his right hand, but it doesn’t matter when he feels Siwon shift forward pushing him to the counter. Kyuhyun reaches for his hands to keep himself stable and finds them on the counter, his strong arms caging him in the hard planes of his body. The small whimper that escapes gets devoured by his searing lips nibbling on his bruised lower lip. Another whine leaves Kyuhuyn’s lips as Siwon presses him even closer to his chest. The counter is digging on his back, but Kyuhyun doesn’t care at all when he feels Siwon’s hands skimming down his back to the swell of his hips.

 

The bag of croffles is left forgotten on the floor as Kyuhyun runs his hands up his arms, over his shoulders, and wraps his arms around his neck. He is rewarded with a small moan from Siwon who tilts his head, and Kyuhyun instantly melts into him.

 

By the time they both pull away, Kyuhyun feels a certain warmth washing over him. A mixture of embarrassment and relief. Silence stretches for a few moments as they both wind down from the heat of their kiss. Kyuhyun raises his head to look at him, and he almost gasps.

 

The cool and composed Siwon was always so collected, never a piece of hair out of place. And now he looks absolutely wrecked. With his heaving chest, flushed cheeks, and swollen lips, Kyuhyun thinks he looks even more breathtaking than ever.

 

He did that to him. Instinctively, he runs his tongue over his own swollen lips, and he catches the way Siwon's eyes follow the movement, growing even darker than they already are.

 

Then Siwon smirks, looking almost predatory despite his cute dimple appearing on his cheek.

 

"So…do you like me?"

 

Sometimes actions are easier than words, and even just thinking about it Kyuhyun feels shy. And Siwon knows it. The bastard is teasing him.

 

For some reason, Kyuhyun feels his cheeks warm, even though they have done something even more blush-worthy moments ago. But his heart is beating so fast, it feels like it's going to burst.

 

"I-I do…"

 

He hears movement in front of him.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah, look at me and say that again."

 

His voice sounds deep and husky. Kyuhyun raises his head, and another shiver runs through his body. He's closer now, their noses almost touching, his breath fanning across his face. And the smugness on his face has melted into an open and tender look that makes Kyuhyun's eyes almost water.

 

With shaking lips, he gives him what he hopes is a small reassuring smile as he whispers in the stillness surrounding them.

 

"I like you, Siwon."

 

Suddenly it feels like the sun has shown right above them as Siwon chuckles. His fingers brush across Kyuhyun's neck making him close his eyes involuntarily. Then he cups his cheek with his large hand, and Kyuhyun sees his shiny eyes filled with nothing but soft warm affection. His smile is blinding, as bright as the sun.

 

"I like you too, Kyuhyun."

 


 

It's the rush hour, and Kyuhyun is so tired but also very happy because that means business is good. There are both dine-in and to-go orders that he still has to prepare. He wills himself to be in the zone and let experience take over as he prepares orders in a fluid dance across the coffee bar.

 

So when Shindong moves into his view, Kyuhyun almost drops the matcha espresso he was making.

 

"You have got to pay me double for making me watch you be sweetly icky together multiple times in a day."

 

Kyuhyun has an idea of what he's talking about, yet he still feels his cheeks burn when he turns his head to see the handsome face that makes his heart race every day. Siwon raises his hand in an almost shy wave with an equally shy dimpled smile, a stark difference from the neat hair and crisp three-piece suit hugging his lean body.

 

Yes, Siwon already visited during his usual time, so he really did not expect to see him again. "S-siwon? Wait… uhm, I gotta-"

 

Shindong reaches for the cup in his hand. "Don't worry. I'll take the barista shift for today. You go and be lovey-dovey with your boyfriend there."

 

"B-but?"

 

"Stop pretending," Shindong says as he pushes him to the side. His partner turns to him with a knowing look, waggling his eyebrows suggestively. "I know you want to."

 

When Kyuhyun turns around, Siwon is also moving his thick eyebrows mirroring Shindong. He can hear Shindong laughing at the back, leaving Kyuhyun feeling awkward with the weirdest interaction he has experienced for the week. So he turns to Siwon with narrowed eyes and punches his order before he even says anything.

 

"Hey! I haven't ordered anything yet!"

 

Kyuhyun sticks his tongue out, and Siwon replies with a defeated nose crunch.

 

Out of the corner of his eye, he sees Siwon slip into his spot and tries very hard to hide the growing smile on his face as he starts preparing his order. At some point, he suddenly feels Siwon’s gaze from the side. He steals a glance and the mug in his hand thuds loudly on the counter. Kyuhyun winces and feels his face heat both at the loud noise and the steady gaze boring to his side. Shindong tuts at him knowingly.

 

When he sets the order right in front of the infuriating man, Siwon props his elbow on the table and rests his chin on his hand. A lazy smirk grows on his handsome face.

 

"So I am distracting you."

 

Kyuhyun furrows his eyebrows, trying to ignore the teasing tone in his voice, but Siwon nudges a finger at his hands. And Kyuhyun hates (likes) the way his skin tingles at his touch. There’s softness mixed in his gaze, silently asking if he was okay, if he had gone too far with the teasing.

 

Being the good man that he is, he decides to blow his worries away.

 

"How can I not? You're-"

 

Kyuhyun almost regrets saving him when his smile fills with smugness, his tone deep and low as he leans forward on the counter, almost forcing him to look straight into those brown eyes.

 

"I'm?"

 

Of course, Choi Siwon would never settle for anything less than hearing the actual words flying straight out of his mouth.

 

"Y-you're there!"

 

He always loves to , push his buttons then showers him with blinding affection that’s brighter than the sun. So he almost expects to hear the amused chuckle he always lets out after teasing him, but it never comes.

 

Instead, he leans even closer, so close Kyuhyun can smell his own fabric conditioner laced in his three-piece suit. His head swirls with the way he looks at him, dark and intense yet soft and warm at the same time.

 

It happens so fast. A soft kiss right on the corner of his mouth. And the next minute he is adding milk to the hot chocolate that he prepared as if nothing happened.

 

Kyuhyun fights back the surprised yelp rising up in his chest as he steps back and turns his head from side to side, hoping so hard no one saw. It’s official. He really hates (likes) him so much. He-

 

"Don't worry I won't disturb you. I need to do some work so I'll just be right here."

 

His head whips his head towards his direction, almost horrified (thrilled) at the thought of him spending the day here. "Why?"

 

"I told you I don't mind working in cafes,” Siwon lets out a little sigh, setting his laptop on the table casually, almost as if he was reading words off of a script. Kyuhyun suddenly wonders when he has become so familiar to him.

 

Siwon raises his head, and it’s almost illegal how the sunlight hits his face perfectly, his eyes twinkling and his tanned skin glowing. His lips stretch into a smirk, the kind that makes his dimples appear, and Kyuhyun feels his traitorous heart skip a beat. “Plus, a little motivation isn't so bad right?"

 

"Please stop."

 

"I know you love it."

 

He actually does.

 


 

It takes a while for him to say the three words out loud. When he does, Siwon gives him the brightest smile he has ever seen, eyes crinkling and nose scrunching, and Kyuhyun presses his lips against his to keep himself from crying tears of joy.