day 0

sharing doesn't mean caring
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Hurry up, shorty.”

 

“You’re not that much taller than me, you arrogant idiot.”

 

“Oversensitive brat.”

 

“Egoistical airhead.”

 

“Nonsensical dimwit.”

 

“Stupid—”

 

“How exactly are you two going to spend three nights in the same room without killing each other?” Shuhua interrupts before Miyeon and Minnie start throttling each other to death.

 

“I think the bigger question is how you two even ended up being roommates?” Soyeon asks, linking arms with Yuqi.

 

“I wish I knew.” Miyeon rolls her eyes. “I have the worst luck.”

 

“You have the worst luck?” Minnie scoffs.

 

“Maybe coach is hoping for you two to get along better off court?” Yuqi chimes in.

 

“In her dreams,” both Minnie and Miyeon say at the same time.

 

Soyeon can only sigh. “Okay, well, you guys better stop your married-couple bickering tonight, because some of us actually want to sleep.” Yuqi nods in wholehearted agreement before following her and disappearing into their room.

 

“Married couple? That’s funny,” Miyeon snarks. “I feel bad for whoever’s going to be stuck with her for the rest of their life.”

 

“At least I can cook without burning the—”

 

“I set off the smoke alarm one ing time!”

 

Soojin strolls past them, holding Shuhua’s hand as the latter leads them down the hallway. “Captain’s right. We’re leaving at seven-thirty tomorrow morning, so please, for the love of the gays, go to sleep quietly.”

 

“Seriously, how did we end up being roommates?” Minnie mutters under her breath.

 

She was just wondering aloud, but Miyeon looks back with a pointed scowl. “Okay, we get it! You’d rather room with literally anyone else on the team!” She slaps the card on the scanner and shoves the door open, stomping inside.

 

“As if you wouldn’t!” Minnie frowns, following her inside.

 

Miyeon glares at her. “Did I ever say that?”

 

“Did I ever say that?” Minnie parrots.

 

"We all know y—"

 

“We all know what?” Minnie crosses her arms over her chest. “Just spit it out.”

 

IDOL Academy’s high school basketball team is currently attending a three-day, inter-regional tournament. They were champions of their regular season, and the best lineup had been picked for the competition. Everything was going smoothly until Coach Kang had announced that the room arrangements would be decided by picking names out of a hat. Guess the universe had plans of of its own.

 

“Uh,” Miyeon points, “there’s only one bed.”

 

Minnie’s eyes just about pop out from their sockets. “Pardon?”

 

“You heard me.”

 

The pit of her stomach slowly fills with something akin to dread. “You’re ting me.”

 

“I wish.”

 

Minnie moves

Please log in to read the full chapter