Templation (KyoxShingo)

Templation (KyoxShingo)

(( Before reading, if you haven't seen this video, you should watch it so you know the context. This story is set in the main line of the game KOFg ))

 

Nagi and Yomi disappeared without a trace as quickly as they had appeared leaving Shingo confused in the middle of that forest. He found it implausible to believe Nagi's proposal. If he agreed to take the Manager to him, the god could grant him what he had desired for so long; the Kusanagi fire.

 

 He never imagined that there would be any other way to get it than with effort and dedication, that's why he found it hard to believe that it wasn't a trick. But he had seen Nagi do supernatural things, so there was a possibility that it was true. He stood in front of the polluted spring for a while longer after Nagi and Yomi disappeared. He was unsure about returning. Could he keep what he had heard a secret?

 

Eventually, he ran back down the narrow cobblestone path and found Kyo standing waiting under a leafy tree. The brunette informed him that Billy and Benimaru returned to the starting point of the mountain trail where they left the car to look for the others and Shingo told him that he found the spring they were looking for.

 

 " Then let's go get the others " Kyo indicated to him gesturing with his head for him to follow him.

 

 " Kusanagi-san... have you ever thought about what would have happened if you had not been born into the Kusanagi family?

 

 " Huh? Why would you ask something like that all of a sudden? " Kyo looked up arching his eyebrows with mild interest at the unexpected question.

 

 " I'm just curious... " He replied with a nervous chuckle.

 

 Kyo scratched the back of his head.

 

 " Umm...I guess I wouldn't have met you, to begin with"

 

 Shingo's eyes widened in surprise when he heard that answer, was he implying that he had only sought him out because he was interested in the Kusanagi fire?

 

 " Ehh! I refuse! " He hurried to say " I really admire You!

 

 Kyo looked at him silently for a few seconds, his expression reflected some uncertainty, but quickly changed to a relaxed one.

 

" We should get back to the others " He insisted with a faint lazy smile and began to walk, down the stones with nimble hops.

 

" Kusanagi-san... wait... " Shingo hurried to follow him but didn't know what else to say, he got the impression that he said something wrong and upset him.

 

***

 

That night at the inn, everyone was discussing avidly how to proceed, the concern for Yukari's health prevailed in the conversation in different ways, each one had their particular way of showing their concern, however also the urgency to clean that energy that could control people's minds and turn them violent, worried everyone equally, because after powerful fighters like Ryo, Robert and Billy were under the influence of Nagi's energy, they knew how dangerous it could be for ordinary citizens.

 

Even Iori Yagami with his steely determination had succumbed to Nagi's power. Did that mean that this Nagi was as, or perhaps more, powerful than Orochi? They could not take this situation lightly.

 

Shingo noticed out of the corner of his eye that Kyo was returning to his room, they had been arguing heatedly about the matter, but the Kusanagi heir had kept himself at bay, only nodding from time to time or complaining when he disagreed with something. Shingo also kept his head down, for he could not tell them what Nagi had proposed and perhaps if he agreed to take Yukari with Nagi, her health would improve.

 

On the other hand, he didn't want to accept the Kusanagi flames if they came from Nagi and Kyo's answer had left him thoughtful. Did that mean that Kyo believed he was with him just because of his power?

 

This made him remember the way he had first approached Kyo, in fact, he wanted to train with him because he thought it was super 'cool' to be able to produce fire and his constant insistence over the years was because he was really motivated to become stronger. Every time he saw Kyo fight in the KOF arena, he felt a strong desire to improve himself.

 

But then, Kyo was right in saying that they would not have met. Without the fire, Kyo was just a random sempai in his high school and Shingo would have had no reason to even speak to him.

 

He felt an emptiness in his stomach at the thought.

He hadn't stopped to think about it and now he was certain that Kyo saw it that way. Kyo believed that he only cared about his fire and that was the only reason he joined the team and trained at the dojo.

With his hands clenched into fists, he plucked up his courage and went to Kyo's room and knocked a couple of times.

 

Kyo opened the door moments later and looked at him somewhat puzzled.

 

" Kusanagi-san, can we talk? "

 

" Can't it wait until tomorrow? I'm a little tired. " Kyo sighed.

 

" No, it can't wait, it's super important " He assured him and although Kyo didn't seem very convinced, he stepped aside to let him in and then closed the door.

 

Kyo's room was just like his own, a wooden closet with sliding doors and a tatami floor where Kyo had already spread out a futon to sleep on, from the window you could see the garden on the other side with the Koi fish pond and a few ornamental trees.

 

" What is it? Is it about the manager? " The brunette asked as he sat down on the futon and invited him to do the same. Shingo sat down on the floor as well, facing him.

 

" No, it's about us. "

 

" Oh... That thing you asked me about? " Kyo quickly guessed what he was referring to, probably because his face gave away his thoughts " There's no need to think about things like that. "

 

" Kusanagi-san... when I said I admire you... I mean it, it's not just about your fire " Shingo's voice was honest and clear, he wasn't afraid to express what he felt, he had always been someone direct and sincere. But he didn't expect Kyo to suddenly look a bit self-conscious with such a statement and his cheeks had gradually turned red.

That embarrassed expression was something completely new to Shingo who had only seen Kyo looking confident in training or in the ring.

 

" You don't have to pretend, " He said at last after a few moments of hesitation " I have always known that you are only interested in the Kusanagi's style ... It has nothing to do with me "

 

" K-kusanagi-san! It's not true, I... "

 

" That's why you trained with my father, isn't it? " Kyo interrupted him with a half smile " Not that I'm complaining... I mean, I know I haven't been the best of teachers " He added with a chuckle.

 

" But Kusanagi-san... "

 

Shingo tried to refute, but then he was aware that Kyo was right, he really had no problem in accepting Saisyu's training, he even felt it was an honor to have Saisyu Kusanagi as his master. But then, wasn't that like accepting that he indeed only cared about the fire no matter who conjure it. From that perspective, any Kusanagi member could train him and it would be all the same.

 

So why did I feel an emptiness in my stomach at the thought of stopping training with Kyo?

What if Nagi granted him the fire, what would become of his relationship with Kyo?

 

" Listen... it's not that it bothers me that you train with my father, don't think about it " Kyo continued lifting his shoulders, the previous blush had disappeared and he seemed to regain his usual self-confidence.

 

" But... it's not the same. " Shingo dared to say and this time he turned his gaze to his hands that were placed on his knees.

 

" Of course it's not, my father and I have different styles, even if we use the same techniques."

 

Shingo raised his face and slowly shook his head, that was not what he meant, of course, he could tell that both Saisyu and Kyo had different styles when fighting, if you watched any of their fights you could easily notice the differences.

 

" I don't mean the fighting techniques " Shingo continued and swallowed saliva with some hesitation, what he was about to say was not easy, but he felt it was necessary 

" What you make me feel is... different "

 

Kyo was silent as if his brain was processing what he had just heard and did not respond immediately but his face went red once again and he frowned biting his lip. Shingo noticed the change and felt embarrassed to see his reaction as well, as he was aware that what he had said sounded compromising as if he was talking about something other than simple training.

 

Wasn't he?

 

" What do I make you feel? " Kyo asked moments later, looking up and staring directly into his eyes.

Shingo felt a shiver run through him from head to toe in the face of that intense gaze.

 

" Umm... when you do a technique... it makes me feel excited " Shingo confessed, thinking that, even though Saisyu produced fire too, when he saw Kyo fight, his heart was racing. It was a different feeling when he was with the old Kusanagi, when he trained with Saisyu, he could concentrate 100% on training and techniques, but when he was with Kyo, he often felt distracted watching him and that's why he almost always made mistakes when he made moves or stumbled awkwardly.

 

Kyo slowly raised a hand and placed it on his chest, over his white T-shirt. Shingo felt his heart beat faster at the touch.

 

" Do you only get excited when I do a fire technique? " Kyo asked, a slightly mischievous smile forming on his mouth " Or when I do other things? "

 

Shingo was struck dumb by the question, he suddenly felt very nervous and it didn't help that Kyo hadn't stopped looking him in the eye and that intimidated him a little. The older man's hand was still placed on his chest and Shingo got the impression that Kyo could feel the intense pounding of his heart through the fabric.

 

" Umm... What are you referring to? "

 

A wide grin was evident on his face, and his gaze became mischievous, like a cat about to pounce on its prey, he even got the impression that Kyo's hazel eyes sparkled.

 

" For example... " Kyo leaned forward, now placing both hands on the wooden floor and bringing his face close until long hair fell forward and tickled Shingo's cheeks. His face was so close that he began to feel his breath. Shingo felt the skin on his arms prickle and felt the urge to pull back, but his body did not respond to that instinct and he was stunned, not knowing what to do.

 

Kyo turned his face and brought his lips to his neck, he felt his warm breath on his skin, slowly moving up to his ear. And then Kyo blew air into his ear causing Shingo to startle and react by falling back on his elbows with a nervous grimace.

 

"K-Kusanagi-san! " He complained without understanding what the was going on and Kyo laughed still on all fours, apparently very pleased with his reaction " Don't make fun of me! "

 

" I'm sorry... but you brought this on yourself by making that face "

 

Kyo kept laughing and Shingo pouted sitting back down, feeling a lethargic tingle where he had felt Kyo's breath on his neck and ear. Shingo was silent with a frown, his heart wouldn't stop beating excitedly and the nervous feeling wouldn't go away, that was the first time something like this had happened between them, and Shingo really never thought that, other than training and being on the same team, that their relationship would take on a closer nuance. Kyo used to joke with Benimaru and sometimes even with Terry, but that look he had given him moments ago, was a look he had not seen used with anyone.

 

Was he imagining things or was there a possibility that his sempai was interested in him in some other way?

 

" Why are you making that face? It was just a joke, relax " Kyo's voice made him realize that he had been quiet just looking at him for longer than necessary, Kyo certainly seemed relaxed.

 

" Kusanagi-san.... " Shingo started again " You make me feel.... "

 

" Hey, I told you it was just a joke, you don't have to insist " Kyo cut him off with a smile.

 

Shingo was silent and he got the impression that Kyo didn't want to talk about it anymore. His expression had changed, and Shingo knew Kyo well, perhaps more than Kyo was aware of, he spent many years studying his moves, even watching videos of his fights so he could copy them. He knew his expressions well and when Kyo yawned and looked sleepy, Shingo understood that it was time to go back to his room.

 

He stood up, said goodbye cordially, and left the room. Although he knew it was the right thing to do, the feeling that he should go back to Kyo's room did not leave him for the rest of the night.

 

***

 

In fact, he could not fall asleep no matter how hard he tried. The inn was already silent because it was past two in the morning and all the wrestlers who had traveled with Yukari to check the springs, had gone to their respective rooms. Shingo stared at the wooden ceiling of his room and it seemed to him that centuries passed without him being able to sleep. Every time he closed his eyes, Kyo's intense gaze came back to his mind, that moment when he approached and how nervous he felt with his closeness.

 

He put a hand to his chest and sat on the futon annoyed with himself for feeling that indecisiveness. He wanted to go back to look for Kyo, but at the same time, his common sense told him that showing up at 2 am in the morning in his room and waking him up was a very bad idea.

However, those worries didn't stop him from getting up and heading for the garden. Maybe taking a walk would help him clear his mind, he thought. He didn't want to keep thinking about his teacher, for there was really no point in worrying over and over again about something that to Kyo seemed to have been a simple joke. He walked down the bamboo hallway, dressed in a simple dark blue sweatshirt and a white T-shirt, and soon came to the back where there was a small garden with flowering peach trees, bonsai trees, and an artificial pond with koi fish.

 

He immediately recognized the silhouette of his senpai standing beside the pond, he seemed lost in thought as he watched the colorful fish swim peacefully in circles, some approaching the edge in the hope that Kyo would throw them food. Kyo was dressed in a gray yukata, he had probably taken a bath and then decided to take a walk before going to sleep.

 

But it was two o'clock in the morning, thought Shingo. Couldn't Kusanagi-san sleep either?

 

" I know you're there, Shingo "

 

his voice made him jump and Shingo peek out from behind a leafy peach tree, of course, Kyo had noticed his footsteps as he approached.

 

" Can't you sleep either? " Kyo asked without looking up, Shingo walked over and stood next to him on the cobblestone edge of the pond.

 

" No... "

 

" The temperature is perfect at night, don't you think? " Kyo commented " Perfect for a stroll "

 

" It's true... it's very hot during the day."

 

Shingo stared at the young man beside him and suddenly in the silver moonlight, Kyo seemed much more handsome than usual. Was it his imagination? Or was it because the v-neck of the yukata allowed him to see a little more skin than usual and in conjunction with that setting, somehow increased his attractiveness?

 

Shingo found himself for the first time noticing those previously unnoticed details as he felt as if he had butterflies fluttering in his stomach.

 

" Oi, Shingo... Did you get annoyed with my joke? " Kyo suddenly asked.

 

" No " The youngest answered immediately, it was not an annoyance that he felt, but that joke had awakened feelings and desires that he had no idea were hidden in some part of his being.

 

" Are you worried about the Manager? " Kyo asked, turning to look him in the face, "You seem tense.

 

" Umm... " Shingo remembered Nagi's proposal, he could get the fire he longed for and he had also promised he would cure Yukari. Should he tell Kyo the truth? What would Kyo think if he knew there was a way for him to get fire? Would he be proud or disappointed?

 

" Kusanagi-san... have you thought about what will happen if I learn to create fire? "

 

Kyo arched his eyebrows and his face reflected surprise, then he frowned slightly.

 

" Why are you asking such strange questions? Since yesterday you've been acting weird "

 

" I don't know... I've been thinking about whether... our relationship would change," the younger one answered and Kyo looked at him silently not knowing what to answer. Maybe he had never thought about that possibility.

 

" Don't think that just because you can make some fire, you're going to be at my level " Kyo finally said smiling again, this time a bit smugly. " You think it's enough to just produce it and that's it? You're going to have to keep training hard with me if you want to catch up with me."

 

" Of course Kusanagi-san! " Shingo exclaimed excitedly when he heard that. He didn't want to think that Kyo would stop training him once he got the fire, because that meant he wouldn't have an excuse to see him every day.

 

He realized at that moment that beyond the desire to get the fire or to train, he wanted to see Kyo every day, why he liked being with him. his heart beat faster as he became aware of it. What was that feeling then?

Did he like his teacher? 

 

" What's the matter? Your face is flushed," Kyo asked, snapping him out of his thoughts, Shingo gasped and put both hands to his cheeks.

 

" N-nothing! "

 

Kyo squinted at him and tilted his head to one side as if trying to read his mind or something. A gentle, cool wind ruffled his hair and made some pink petals of the peach blossoms fall from the tree gently onto the grass.

Shingo reached out without thinking and grabbed a petal that had fallen on his master's chocolate hair. Kyo looked at him with an expression that Shingo couldn't decipher at the time but didn't pull away and allowed him to absentmindedly his hair.

 

" Let's go back, it's getting late," he said suddenly after a short silence and Shingo just nodded his head in embarrassment.

 

***

 

They returned to the inn, walking silently down the wooden hallway until they reached Kyo's room.

 

" May Kusanagi-san rest " Shingo exclaimed trying to hide the nervousness in his voice, he turned around and was about to head to his room, when a hand held him by the arm.

 

He turned and found himself being pulled by Kyo towards his room in a quick, jerky movement. Shingo didn't know what was happening for a few seconds until he found himself pinned against the wooden wall of the room and Kyo was too close. Was he playing a bad joke on him again? He wondered in those seconds when they just looked at each other without either of them moving.

 

Then without thinking about what he was doing and feeling as if his heart would burst out of his mouth, Shingo placed both hands on Kyo's waist and pulled him closer to his body, and their mouths met in a kiss.

 

Shingo acted without thinking, only guided by impulse, because if he stopped to think about it, kissing Kyo,  another man , at the drop of a hat, could only end in disaster. But Kyo was reciprocating the kiss and as the seconds passed it was becoming more passionate and his hands were traveling down his back caressing the muscles above his shirt, pressing his chest more against him.

 

That couldn't really be happening, he thought with his eyes tightly closed and feeling his cheeks burning. He was kissing his master and it was being reciprocated. Did that mean Kyo had feelings for him and hadn't realized it?

 

"K-Kusanagi-san... " He murmured cutting the kiss to breathe " You.... "

 

Kyo looked at him with his hazel eyes shining with obvious reflected desire, the room was dark because they hadn't even had time to turn on the light bulb. The silver moonlight filtered through the window and reflected faintly outlining his face.

 

Kyo nodded his head slowly, his cheeks also flushed, visible despite the dim light.

 

" Yes," He agreed with a half smile and Shingo felt as if his legs had turned into butter.

 

Kyo pulled away from him slightly and closed the door, then grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him to sit with him on the futon.

 

" Since... when you... " Shingo began, crossing his legs, feeling progressively more nervous at his approach.

 

" Umm...I couldn't tell you exactly... but I guess it's thanks to spending so much time with you "

 

" But you also spend a lot of time with Nikaido-san," Shingo pointed out when he heard that vague answer. Kyo went away blushing again.

 

" It's not the same " He complained quietly and averted his eyes to the side.

 

" Why? "

 

Kyo was silent and bit his lip hesitantly.

 

" Nikaido-san is much more handsome than me " Shingo continued with an innocent gesture. He did not say that to annoy Kyo, but because he really saw it that way, Benimaru always made groups of fans gather at the entrance of the hotels they went to during the tournaments and he was the one who received the most letters and gifts.

 

" I like your determination " Kyo finally said after thinking about it " At the beginning, I found you annoying... trying so hard no matter the situation, you were very intense and I was ashamed that you said you were my disciple with such a passionate expression "

 

Shingo let out an embarrassed chuckle at hearing all that and remembering those years in high school when he would seek out Kyo during breaks and offer to buy him lunch in exchange for training.

 

" I thought... eventually you were going to give up " Kyo continued with his gaze fixed on his own hands " That you would eventually get bored... but you're still here "

 

" Kusanagi-san... "

 

" Day after day I have seen you train to exhaustion and no matter how exhausted you were, you always smiled and said that tomorrow you would do better " Kyo continued and this time he turned his gaze towards him " That smile and that determination, that's something I like about you ".

 

Shingo swallowed saliva feeling his head so hot that it gave him the impression that steam could come out of his ears. He didn't know what to say, because the embarrassment had left him mute, he never thought that Kyo was paying attention to such details, for in the past when they trained, he got the impression that the Kusanagi didn't put too much effort into what he did. That was part of his charm.

 

" Hey don't be quiet I just confessed my feelings to you " Kyo complained frowning " Isn't it time to say everything you like about me? "

 

This time Kyo looked at him mischievously again and Shingo thought that until that moment he had not really thought about what it was that he liked about Kyo. Because he hadn't stopped to think that his desire to learn the Kusanagi martial art and how he felt about Kyo were two different things.

 

" Or do you only like me for this? " He insisted and extending his index finger in front of both of them, Kyo lit a small flame that partially illuminated the room. The light generated intense golden reflections in Kyo's chestnut irises.

 

Shingo shook his head slowly, after kissing him, he was aware of his own feelings, and had it not been for Nagi he might not have realized what Kyo really meant in his life in the first place. It wasn't just about acquiring that skill or getting better in combat, that feeling had transcended over time and transformed into something else.

 

" Fire is an important part of your being " Shingo began, filled with the courage to put his thoughts into words " But it is not everything... you are also someone who faces danger with determination... Kusanagi-san always wants to protect the people he cares about and he is willing to sacrifice himself for that "

 

Kyo ordered the fire to disappear and they were silent for a few moments.

 

" And you're not going to tell me I'm handsome too? " he asked with a mischievous grin.

 

" That... too... " Shingo muttered in embarrassment. Kyo let out a 'Heh-heh' and then leaned towards him closing the distance between them.

 

Shingo closed his eyes in anticipation of the kiss, but Kyo wrapped his arms around him and squeezed him in an embrace while resting his chin on his shoulder, Shingo rushed to hug him as well, although since Kyo was kneeling and he was sitting, the position was somewhat awkward.

 

" Stay here with me for the rest of the night " He whispered close to his ear and Shingo felt a shiver run down his back.

 

It would not be the first time they slept in the same room, because in the past they had shared hotel rooms thanks to the tournaments, they had even seen each other in the showers of the coliseums, but after having confessed what he felt, things would be completely different. Shingo closed his eyes and although he felt nervous about the uncertainty of what could happen from now on, he did not cut the embrace.

 

" Okay, Kusanagi-san " he agreed and heard a soft sigh from Kyo in response.

 

Kyo pulled away from him moments later and Shingo noticed his cheeks flushing, even though Kyo seemed confident most of the time, it was clear that at that moment he was also feeling self-conscious. It shouldn't be easy for him either, he thought and although Shingo had had girlfriends in the past, it was the first time he had ever felt this way about a man, perhaps Kyo was the same way in that regard too.

 

" What's going to happen now? " asked the youngest timidly " From now on, I mean "

 

" We will continue training, won't we? " Kyo replied with a shrug, "That's not going to change"

 

" I don't mean that... I mean us " Shingo wrinkled his nose with a reproachful expression and Kyo laughed looking a little calmer.

 

" It's not worth worrying about it now,".

 

Shingo plucked up his courage once again and leaned forward, to steal a kiss on his lips causing Kyo to hold his breath. The kiss started slow and somewhat unsure on Shingo's part but soon grew more and more passionate, like a fire starting to gain strength with more kindling. He began to feel heat forming in his belly with the contact and his mind began to imagine possible scenarios that had never occurred to him before.

 

Hesitantly, Shingo pushed Kyo gently forcing him to lie down on the futon, and continued the kiss by lying on top of him. The heat he felt seemed to override his logical thoughts and replace them only with the urge to touch his skin and taste his flavor. Kyo didn't stay still and his hands quickly undid his shirt only cutting the kiss short to remove it and toss it aside on the floor, then he caressed him on his back and chest, burying his nails every now and then, sending delicious pleasurable sensations down his spine.

 

Where had this desire come from? Shingo questioned himself, a couple of days ago it hadn't occurred to him that he would do something like that, but as he felt Kyo's touch and his own hands moved, opening the yukata so he could touch his skin directly, he realized that he had repressed that desire all that time without realizing it.

 

Because even though, he was doing that with another man, he didn't feel like he was doing something wrong, in fact, apart from the nerves, he felt excited to discover more and more of that body and explore Kyo differently.

 

He gave herself to that desire without questioning himself any further and decided that he would worry about the rest later, just as Kyo said, there was no point in worrying about it now, for the moment he just wanted to enjoy those kisses and caresses without caring about anything else.

 

END .