The Chosen One

The Chosen One

"Can you please stop following me?"

"But you're the Chosen One!!"

Eunhyuk whips around to stare at the man, dressed in oddly cut clothes. "No, I'm not!" 

"Yes, you are! It states clearly in the prophecy that-" 

" what your prophecy says! I have two exams and a paper today!" 

The man who introduced himself as Donghae looks crestfallen as he trods on behind Eunhyuk. "But-but!"

Eunhyuk spins around to glare at him. "No buts! Unless your so called prophecy can help me pass my university courses, I have no interest in this!" 

Eunhyuk stomps off alone.

-

Eunhyuk sighs quietly, rolling his shoulders as he walks home. It's well past midnight, but he managed to do both his exams and hand in his paper on time. He stops at his door and stares. 

There is Donghae sitting on the ground in front of his door, head bobbing as he dozes. 

Eunhyuk leans over and shakes Donghae gently. "Hey, you need to move. I need to get in my house." 

Donghae jolts awake. "H-Huh?!"

Eunhyuk can't help but laugh at his confused expression as the man looks around at his surroundings. 

"Chosen One!! Please, you must listen-" 

"No."

Donghae makes a dejected sound, like Eunhyuk's stepped on his puppy. 

Now that Eunhyuk's done his stressful day, he finds the man's exaggerated facial expressions kind of amusing. 

"Look, you seem like you have nowhere to go. I'll let you sleep on my couch, but you gotta go in the morning." 

Dongahe looks up hopefully at Eunhyuk. "R-Really?"

Eunhyuk grimaces. "Look, I'm no chosen one, but I'm no monster either." 

Donghae lunges and hugs Eunhyuk tightly, pulling him down until he almost falls over.

"Thank you, Chosen One!" 

Eunhyuk wonders if he's made a mistake.