end?

Exhausting Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yujin worriedly scrolls over her Twitter, repeatedly watching that one clip of her saying that she’s from Daejeon, except that her focus is on the girl that was on her right. She furrows her eyebrows,

 

Why didn’t I notice this earlier?

 

Yujin turns her body around, searching the passenger seats until she spots the sleeping girl with furrowed eyebrows.

 

“Manager-nim, can I change my seat now?”

 

Yujin asks after making sure there’s a bus stop ahead.

 

“Sure, but why?”

 

Yujin opens but hesitates for a second.

 

“Wo—It’s the motion sickness again.”

 

As soon as he is convinced, he slowly stops the car, making sure that Yujin exits and reenters the car safely before resuming his drive once again.

 

The said girl is now seated beside Wonyoung, slowly and gently taking the latter’s hand inside hers. That stirs Wonyoung awake as she turns her head to the side and is met with Yujin’s worried gaze.

 

“Hey…”

 

Wonyoung changes her gaze to the intertwined hands and leans back on the seat, sighing as it feels like their connected hands are recharging her energy.

 

“It’s quite tiring, unnie.”

 

Yujin bites her lips as Wonyoung mumbles her tiredness. She sounds so weak that Yujin is afraid that the girl is going to pass out anytime soon.

 

“Want my hug?”

 

Yujin offers as she really wants to embrace the other girl, to protect her from any harm this world is giving Wonyoung right now. She knows how packed the younger girl’s schedule is. Not only her, the fans and the company know. She noticed the hashtag DIVEs are using a while ago. She has been worrying about Wonyoung’s wellbeings but the girl shrugged it off, saying that it’s normal to be busy. Yeah, it surely is but Yujin understands so much how tiring it is to fly to another country and come back here to perform right away without taking any rest! It was a relief that Na PD was so nice that she gets to catch up on her long-due sleep amid the shooting.

 

She can’t suppress her small smile from forming on her lips as Wonyoung scoots closer to her open arms. The sigh slipping out of Wonyoung’s lips was the breaking point for Yujin. Her well-held tears fall silently as she brushes her thumbs on Wonyoung’s arms. It’s so frustrating to see her best friend in this condition. She has never seen her like this since their IZ*ONE tour a few years ago. Wonyoung didn’t have the luxury Yujin had in Thailand. She just arrived in South Korea yesterday and yet, she still attended today’s festival. Yujin knows how much it will cost them to cover Wonyoung’s parts if she didn’t attend it but still, that is what a team is for! It’s only right for the other members to wait and fill in for anyone who’s not feeling unwell. It’s just the right thing to do. Not to mention that she’s going to Paris again for MiuMiu. Yujin is so frustrated now she might just go to the one who plans Wonyoung’s schedule and straight away complains about it!

 

“Unnie?”

 

Yujin hums, smiling a bit as she looks up to hold her tears when Wonyoung caresses her arms too.

 

“Don’t cry. It’s going to make me cry too. Although I might not have the energy to do so.”

 

Yujin was about to wipe her tears away when the younger girl turned around and do it for her instead. The latter then wraps her arms around Yujin’s neck as she nuzzles her nose on Yujin’s nape.

 

“It’s okay. I just need your hug to be okay.”

 

“No.”

 

Yujin opposes, nuzzling her chin on the top of Wonyoung’s head.

 

“Hm?”

 

“You shouldn’t attend the upcoming festival, Won. Not the Music Bank schedule either.”

 

Wonyoung tightens her hold. As much as she appreciates how caring Yujin is, she can’t just skip all the schedules like that.

 

“You know I can’t do that, right?”

 

“Yes, that’s why I’ll do that for you. I’ll cover all your parts for the festivals, and I’ll contact the Music Bank to inform them about it.”

 

“Unnie…”

 

Yujin was going to be stern about her decision but Wonyoung needs to stop staring at her like that because she can feel her strong stand melting fastly.

 

“My special stage with Chaemin-ssi is tomorrow. I can’t let him MC alone on his first day.”

 

Yujin hates how caring Wonyoung is toward the people she is working with. But she’s right. There’s no way they can let the new MC be alone on his first day.

 

“Alright then, but only Music Bank. I’ll tell Manager-nim and the others.”

 

Wonyoung hums in defeat. But she doesn't want her unnie to be in trouble.

 

“But promise me one thing then.”
 

“What?”

 

“If nothing can’t be canceled, don’t push it too much. And don’t be upset, either. I’m already so thankful for the thought.”

 

Yujin shivers when Wonyoung kisses her cheek. Still, she sulks at the possibility of her ideas getting rejected when she clearly knows they shouldn’t be.

 

“It’s harmful to them to reject me though. Who knows, I might riot when they do so. Even worse, I might decide not to attend anything until you get enough rest.”

 

“You’re too obedient to do that, unnie.”

 

Wonyoung doesn’t know why but she could imagine Yujin’s puppy ears deflating when she chuckled earlier.

 

“Then, I’ll ask—”

 

“All six of us are too obedient even to cancel an English lesson to eat at the new dessert shop across the street, remember?”

 

Wonyoung smiles again when she can feel Yujin’s puppy ears deflating even more. The way back to their dormitory is filled with sulking Yujin and weakly smiling Wonyoung in her embrace.


 

^^


 

“But—”

 

“No buts, Yujin. What would the fans say when Wonyoung doesn’t attend the fest—”

 

Yujin groans as she’s getting impatient in stating the fact that it would be deleterious for both Wonyoung’s physical and mental health.

 

“Then, tell me. What if she, my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter