Chapter 1

Hello

The room was silent apart from the beeping sound of the machine beside the bed where a woman was peacefully sleeping. Yibo sits beside his sister while holding her hand, whispering apologies to her. A young man silently enters the room and stands behind him. 

"Ge, the police were not able to catch the culprit" Wang He Di, the youngest Wang reported to his older brother. "Wenjun ge is already helping the police to review the surveillance where jie and Johnny ge were attacked." The older Wang just nodded, he could feel the fatigue and distress from his younger brother.

"How do I tell our sister that I failed her?" the younger man tightened his grip on his older brother's shoulder.

"Ge, it's not your fault"

"I promise our parents that I will take care of you and our sister. How can I face them, knowing that everything happened under my watch"

A knock on the door stopped the sibling's conversation. The door opens and a beautiful elderly couple enters the room, the Wang brothers immediately stood on their feet and greeted the couple.

"Shushu.. Ayi, what are you doing here, we should be the ones to coming to you," the older Wang said, ushering the old couple onto the couch but the old lady walk towards the bed where Yibo originally sat.

"Shushu, our entire family is in-debt to yours" both brothers bowed deeply to the old couple.

"Yibo, it is not anyone's fault but the one who did this to Ahyeong and killed our son" the old man said, he look at the young woman laying in bed, no longer able to hold his tears, the old man sobbed and put his hand on his wife's shoulders.

"Ayi, please let He Di drive you and shushu home, you both need rest before the ceremonies."

"It is okay Yibo, Shi Wen is waiting for us downstairs. BeiBei will join Wenjun as soon as she finishes the paper here at the hospital, but I believe she will drop by to check on Ahyeong first" both brothers were starting to feel guilty. They expect the couple to be mad at their family but here they are, distressed, worried, and crying for their sister.

Huang Jing Yu or Johnny Huang is their sister's long-time boyfriend. The two have been together since their teens and naturally developed their feelings toward each other. The three of them together with Johnny and his younger sister Su Jin Bei were part of a close-knit group of the top 1% of 1% of China's elite.

After a few moments, the elder Huang started to talk again. "A month ago, Jing Yu talked to me to discuss something about a woman" he slowly walk in front of the window. The night outside was so serene as if a tragedy did not occur. "He wanted to take Ahyeong to New York. He found out that someone was threatening Ahyeong's life, I believe he talked to your father regarding this and he agreed to Jing Yu's proposal to take her away for some time until the threat is neutralized."

"Shushu, Ahyeong" he looks at his sister who is laying on the bed, troubled "she did not mention this to us, even our parents..." the older Huang look at the young man, he had a feeling that the young man is blaming himself for this tragedy. "A week after he talked to your father, Jing Yu's men caught a woman who tried to tamper with Ahyeong's car. She was immediately brought to the police and confessed to having sent the threats."

"Your sister knows you already have so much on your plate and with your upcoming wedding,  she wishes to not trouble you more with this. Jiang Yu was not convinced, he told us about his suspicions but your parents, Ahyeong and I thought that he was just being paranoid and tried to convince him that there is no more threat, but still, he ordered his people to continue the investigation. We did not expect the girl to lie."