saved

Evening Primrose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Trigger warning!

This chapter includes , violence, and blood. Please read with caution.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

It has been a week since her last hunt, Katarina. Her stock of blood bags was fastly depleting due to the fact that she needed to recuperate after her encounter with humans. She needs to stay healthy and vital. 

 

It was almost midnight, it was time for dinner. Katarina got out of her bed, making the bed before going out of her room. 

 

While preparing for her dinner, a voice cried out somewhere. A voice shouted so loud that it traveled to the bricked-walled castle. It was raw and turbulent, with pain and anger.

 

The smell of the blood invaded her nostrils. It was rare and sweet. Katarina thought that the blood would mix nicely with the chilled bottle of champagne she was saving for a special occasion. 

 

This could be a special occasion. 

 

The smell had awakened something inside of her, a primal desire to drink human blood again.

 

Katarina used her strong sense of smell to be able to find the intoxicating aroma of the blood. Her feet dragged her to the east side of the castle. Jumping over the walls, she saw a woman being sandwiched by two burly men, drunk out of their wit’s end.

 

The side of the woman’s lips was bleeding, probably got slapped by those drunkards.

 

Humans are such frail creatures. They bleed and bruise easily. Killing them requires no effort against someone immortal like Katarina.

 

She was watching as the scene unfolded right before her eyes. Katarina was contemplating in her head if she should help and save the struggling woman. She never once involved herself with human affairs but the desire to have the woman was so strong.

 

“No, please stop.”

 

“Please don’t do this. I beg of you to stop.” 

 

Desperation of pleas continued to roll out of the woman’s mouth but the men laughed at her expense.

 

The harassment continued and when the taller man started pulling his trousers down, that was when Katarina saw red.

 

The reason was uncertain but the thought of tainting the blood of the lady infuriated her. 

 

Her senses heightened; her body changed into a hyper-accelerated mode. No one saw her move, her dark clothes helping camouflage her being into the night and within seconds, Katarina sent the man flying through the air. 

 

She had punched him on the center of his chest, bones cracking as he toppled down to the ground. His ribs punctured his vital organs, and his heart getting the worst of it. He coughed up blood, struggling to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter