turned

Evening Primrose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kill her!” mere mortals shouted at the supernatural being. Some are eliciting long stream of threats to strike terror but failed to do so.

 

The deer she was about to bite ran away from her grip. She shook her head with disappointment as she watched the animal be free into the woods.

 

There goes my dinner.

 

With her super-fast skill, she managed to avoid most of the arrows thrown at her. There were deep and minor cuts on her flaccid flesh not that it hurts but it was annoying tending to her wounds. Her recuperation was slower than others as she preferred to drink animal blood than of human’s.

 

Hunting into the night, that was the only reason she went out of her castle. Luck was not on her side as she stumbled upon humans. Greedy humans think they are the only ones in the world, breaking the harmony of the world with their superior thinking.

 

A smile sneaked unto her face, pathetic mortals.

 

Vampires are much stronger, smarter, more talented, and more beautiful. Without vampires, the world would be uncivilized and full of chaos. They are the ones who control and manipulate the world, but no one would admit to that as it could be a cause of war between human beings and supernaturals.

 

Supernaturals, wolves, vampires, witches, you name it. They are all real living amongst humans hidden on their own territory without crossing the boundaries of others.

 

Katarina, the dark-haired injured woman, traveled swiftly across the woods. The waning moon was high in the sky, shielded by clouds it afforded little to no light. Ignoring the stinging sensation of her wounds and the grumbling of her empty stomach, she followed the familiar pathway of darkness leading to her home, an abandoned castle in the middle of nowhere.

 

Rustles of leaves were heard as she ran and the shadows from the trees she passed by invaded her sight. It was a routine for her, to run away from mortals even though she has the capacity to fight them. A pacifist? No, she just wanted to mind her own business and not involved herself in human affairs.

 

It was past midnight when she saw the recognizable gate in the thick high walls guarding the marbled castle. It has been her home for years as she settled down after living like a nomad.

 

The creaking of the woods as she walked inside tickled her ears with familiarity. Katarina made her way to the kitchen to get a bag of her stock animal blood. She could’ve quenched her thirst for fresh blood, but this is better than nothing. The metallic taste of blood invaded and almost immediately Katarina gained her strength and wellness, minors cuts were fully healed in an instant while the deeper cuts were still healing.

 

She opened one of the cabinets and got a piece of cloth to wipe the dark red blotches of blood that were covering her ivory-pale skin. She was covered again with bruises. This was one of the consequences of not drinking human blood, slow recuperation. She detested doing it and for years, she managed to be alive by only drinking animal blood.

 

After cleaning herself, Katarina looked around at the home she built over the years. With all the riches that she accumulated, she spent her time getting the finest things in the world in order to live comfortably in her place of abode. She purposely did not touch the exterior design of the castle, keeping it the same as when she first found the abandoned castle.

 

This hideous reason drove people away who were lost and seeking shelter. Who would want to stay in an aban

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter