hsb.

her soft blanket. (jmj ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You could say that there isn't a day that Minjeong does not think of Jimin. Jimin . Her best friend who loves calling her 'angel' when she's actually the one who is. Her angel whose beaming smile steals the job of the sun, eyes always in crescents, sometimes even followed with soft (deep) giggles.

It's a Saturday and she's supposed to stay home after an exhausting week, but she misses Jimin. Even with how busy and tiring everything could get, there's only one place she'll want to go, and that's in her, let’s say, favorite place. In her angel's embrace.

Minjeong's by the window and it's calming how the weather seems to feel with her, the cool wind breeze softly blowing her hair and gently touching her skin. She had always loved how peaceful the outskirts are. The place is surrounded by trees and you could hear the nearby river flowing.

It is home. Yet she admits it would feel better if she's home with Jimin.

Her eyes automatically close, wrapping her blue soft blanket around her, as she recalls every memory she has that she's in the girl's arms. Jimin is an angel. The sunshine. Yet, she's also a blanket, wrapping Minjeong's heart with warmth, the soft fabric reminding her of how it feels to be hugged by the girl, as if Minjeong's the most fragile thing on earth that needs to be handled with utmost care.

And as if the gods had heard what her heart silently wishes, she sees, the moment her eyes open, someone she wishes came home with her. There Jimin is, smiling ever as brightly as she pedals her bike.

She could already hear her laugh. The soft ‘Minjeong’ her best friend would gently utter.

Minjeong excitedly waves when Jimin parks in the front yard, then immediately scrambles her way to open the door. Minjeong doesn't even care if she does or doesn't look presentable.

It's Jimin.

And to her, Minjeong has always looked lovely.

 


 

"You're writing again." Jimin speaks, sitting beside her.

Minjeong looks up to her with a smile, and she notices that the girl had prepared them glasses of iced milo.

"You know how this brain works."

"I do. And it's amazing." Jimin beams, lifting her glass, gesturing for Minjeong to do the same and drink first.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter