One shot

See you later

Kyuhyun was waiting for his turn when he saw Yesung coming out from the recording booth. The older man smiled at him and Kyuhyun corresponded the act, calling Yesung's name cheerfully. Kyuhyun got up from the couch he was sitting in as Yesung got closer. They shared an small greeting, their hands lingering in the touch a couple of seconds more than needed. They exchanged a few words but it didn't take long until the staff said it was Kyuhyun's turn.

Yesung leaned a little too close as he was biding farewell and whispered a ‘see you later’ on Kyuhyun's ear. Kyuhyun got a little flustered at the action, he didn't expect Yesung to do something like that knowing they were in front of other people. But since it wasn't a big deal, Kyuhyun let it go. It wasn't that unusual for them to whisper to each other, but it was more common when it was noisy. Kyuhyun just wondered if Yesung was planning to go visit the dorms, as they didn't make plans to see each other that day. He looked at Yesung for a few more seconds before getting in the recording booth.

When he entered the small room, he took sight of the cameras there, knowing they were there to film some content for the fans, as the staff explained to him before. He didn't really mind being filmed for a behind the scenes, fans were always curious about the album making. He only got tense when there was the possibility of giving too much about his relationship with a certain someone, but given how well they've got at acting as if there wasn't anything between the two, it was easier to keep the facade of there being nothing special about how he interacted with Yesung. Kyuhyun was genuine in front of camera, exaggerating some facial expressions or the way he talked with others, but it wasn't a big change between his real self and his camera one. But there was just as much he could truly show to the fans.

He was brought out of his thoughts as he received indications about the song. Before saying he was ready to start, he took one of the bottles left there at disposition of whoever was going to record. He didn't pay attention to the object he just took, so he didn't realize it was someone's else until he tried to open the tap and found the seal wasn't there. He looked at the bottle suspiciously until his reasoning quickly gave him a possible answer to why would there be an used water bottle.

"I think it's Yesung's water." He talked to the camera, even if he thought the scene was more likely to be cut out.

Kyuhyun looked at the bottle as he returned it to the place it was and found Yesung's scarf. While taking a new bottle, Kyuhyun started to make some plans. He had an schedule a couple of hours later, but manager hyung would take him to eat something before going to his appointment. However, Kyuhyun thought he could escape a few minutes and see Yesung with the excuse of returning him the forgotten objects.

After thinking how to convince his manager to let him eat alone with Yesung, he concentrated on his job. He made sure to not drink last night and today his voice was in good form, so the recording went smoothly and he finished early. He took his things as well as Yesung's scarf and bottle before leaving. He got out from the booth and found Ryeowook was already there waiting for his turn. But what surprised Kyuhyun was seeing him talking with Yesung, who was supposed to have left the building since Kyuhyun started recording.

Ryeowook saw Kyuhyun and greeted him effusively. Kyuhyun greeted him in return, but in a more reserved way. He was looking at Yesung, wondering why was he still here. Seeing the question in his eyes, Yesung started talking.

"I forgot my scarf, so I came back to get it."

"You mean this?" Kyuhyun showed him the object in his hands.

"Yeah, that one." Yesung took the cloth and stored ir in his bag.

"You also left this." Kyuhyun lifted the water bottle he was holding in his other hand.

"So I left it there..." He took the bottle as well and put it next to the scarf.

"You shouldn't leave trash on the recording booth, hyung. There are plenty of trash cans around the building." Kyuhyun shook his head in a disappointed way.

"Hyung, how could you? That's not a good example to our hoobaes." Ryeowook chirped in with evident tease in his eyes.

"Before we know it, all the company's recording booths will get filled with empty bottles and all kind of garbage."

"You didn't even finished it and still you were going to throw it away. Wasting water isn't good."

"Ah, really. The worst hyung of 2022."

Yesung looked a little dejected as he really forgot about his water, but when the two maknaes teamed up to , his expression changed completely.

"Yah, I was going to drink it all after getting finding my scarf." Yesung lifted his hand as if he was preparing to hit Kyuhyun as the latter got into a defensive pose, not controlling his smile anymore. Yesung just let out a breathy laugh at the reaction and just lightly slapped Kyuhyun's shoulder. Ryeowook was laughing while clapping his hands while seeing the scene.

Kyuhyun held Yesung's shoulder with his hand as he leaned to him, trying to appease the man but failing because of the way he kept laughing. At some point, though, Yesung encircled Kyuhyun with his arm, both of them getting to a more comfortable pose.

After the laughter subdued, the three returned to a calm conversation, talking superficially about different things, until Yesung noticed the time. He turned his head to look at Kyuhyun and asked him something.

"Since you found this for me, why don't I invite you something?"

Kyuhyun was taken aback by the invitation, mostly because he was planning to request the older man to repair the great favor of returning his things with a meal, but he quickly recomposed. "Sure." He had a goofy smiths he answered Yesung. It turned into a twisted smirk with his next words, though. "Prepare to spend a lot."

"Are you planning on leaving bankrupt or what?" Yesung looked at him warily but Kyuhyun dismissed it.

"Nope, just considerably less rich." Just let me talk with manager hyung." He searched with his eyes the man in question and found him talking with some other people. It seemed as if the conversation was serious and going to take long, so Kyuhyun didn't know if he should interrupt it. It looked as if he would have to wait.

"I'll tell him." Ryeowook said as he got up from the couch he was seated in. "You have an schedule later, right? You must better make use of the time if you don't want to be late for it."

"Are you sure? I wouldn't mind if we have to wait." Yesung said as he looked at his dongsaeng.

"I have to stay here, anyways." Ryeowook shrugged his shoulders. "I still have a few minutes before my turn, so it's not a big deal."

"I'll buy you something another day." Kyuhyun promised as he thanked Ryeowook. The shorter man was one of the few people who knew about their relationship. He always helped them, so Yesung and Kyuhyun were very grateful towards him.

"I'll invite you to eat some other day." Yesung told Ryeowook while he was leaving with Kyuhyun.

"Okay. Take care, hyung. Kyunnie, make sure Yesung hyung eats well, alright?" Kyuhyun responded with an ‘of course’ that made Ryeowook smile.

"What am I, a kid?" Yesung said at the usual concern the maknaes showed about his eating habits.

"No, you're a hyung and that's why you're going to pay for everything." Kyuhyun answered cheekily.

Yesung shook his head in disbelief as they walked to the door and waved their hands to Ryeowook. They put their masks on as they left the room and directed to the elevator. Once the elevator doors closed, Kyuhyun pressed the bottom to indicate they were going to reception. He wanted to start a make out session with Yesung right there, but since there was a camera recording every person who used the device, he abstained from the action. Instead, he questioned the man about the doubt that formed in his mind after seeing Yesung waiting for him to get out from the recording booth.

"Did you plan this?"

"What?"

"Leaving your scarf and water to have an excuse to return."

"I forgot about the water for real, but thought it would be nice to have a meal with you."

Kyuhyun looked at Yesung's and he didn't need to see his mouth to know he was smiling. He leaned closer to the older man, trying to block the view from the camera, and held Yesung's tiny hand, intertwining their fingers. They shared a look that said more than a thousand words and Kyuhyun felt content. And for the way Yesung looked at him, Kyuhyun knew he was feeling the same way.

They had to break the hold when they heard the elevator bell, indicating they had arrived at their destination, and got off. There was a restaurant with private rooms nearby enough to the company to walk there, so they decided to eat there. They got their own room and ordered some food. Since there was nobody to see them in there, they could hold hands and kiss almost as much as they wanted only having to be careful about the door and the possibility of waiters coming there asking if they needed something more. Kyuhyun thought he could get full after tasting Yesung's lips that moment, savoring the already known taste of his mouth, but thought food was truly good after their orders arrived. Love could fill people's heart, but only food could fill hungry stomachs.

Good food and privacy gave room to a good ambience, but Kyuhyun thought he could always enjoy seeing the borest of landscapes if Yesung was by his side. They chatted leisurely, sometimes talking about different topics and sometimes just staying in a comfortable silence, just enjoying the moment. It would be in less than an hour that Kyuhyun would have to get ready for his next appointment, so he wanted to enjoy being with Yesung as much as possible.

He wanted to enjoy being just Cho Kyuhyun who was dating Kim Kanghoon, two normal men who fell in love with each other. But he knew that, even in his every day, they carried the names of Yesung and Kyuhyun, as well as Super Junior's.

Just a small error and this secret relationship would come to light, affecting not only themselves, but the whole group as well. Their careers could end at any moment, but that was just the nature of the industry.

And maybe that was one of the reasons Kyuhyun worked so much. He feared one day, in a not so far future, he couldn't keep appearing onscreen nor on stage, be it because of this secret being revealed or something else. Even age could put an end to his trajectory. But because he wanted to protect Super Junior and Yesung, he worked on different programs, musicals and music. He wanted to solidify his solo career so he could protect that which was precious to him.

That's also one of the reasons he wanted for ELF to get a lover and even get married. If they got to know just how much a significant other meant, maybe they could better accept this relationship he held so dear in his heart. If they could understand just how love felt, they could congratulate any of the members if they announced they found someone special.

Kyuhyun has already found the person he wants to spend the rest of his life with, so he hope fans would understand if there was ever the opportunity to share this fact. But even if the whole world frowned upon their relationship, he didn't care. Because when he felt how well Yesung's hands fitted in his and how easily he melted in love when seeing those dark eyes, Kyuhyun knew there wasn't any path he wanted to walk where Yesung wouldn't be by his side.

And so, just to show again how much he loved him, Kyuhyun kissed Yesung. He cupped his face with hus hands as he leaned forward, trapping a pair of lips thinner than his in a slow pace. Yesung's right hand traveled to Kyuhyun's neck, bit wanting him to be pulled apart from him, while his other hand went to the younger's waist to bring him impossibly closer. As the kiss speeded it's pace, Kyuhyun moved one of his hands to secure Yesung's head while the other went down to rest on the older's hip. The idea of squeezing Yesung's rear crossed Kyuhyun's mind more than once, but he knew they wouldn't stop once they started. And although the idea of eating each other was very appet, he would have to wait until later to get to do something more spicy.

He opted to leave a small note on Yesung's bag as the older payed for the food, telling him to come tonight since the dorms would be empty. The manager told him a few days ago he wouldn't be there tonight because of a compromise, while he could convince Eunhyuk to spend the night somewhere else.

So, when a car came to pick him up to take him to his next appointment, he just told Yesung "see you later." Yesung looked puzzled for a short moment before mirroring Kyuhyun's smile.

"See you later." That's what he told him before waving his hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________

Author's notes: So my delulu mind went high drive with that small scene for some reason. Like, it was just a small detail, but couldn't help but overthink why would the staff leave it there. And then just imagined there was a something more behind it (these are, if course, thoughts without real foundations, don't take any of this as the truth).

 

To be honest, I just want the members to be happy. If one of them decides he wants to spend the rest of his life with someone by their side, I just want to fully support him and that person and congratulate them wholeheartedly. I think it would break my heart a little if either Kyuhyun or Yesung announced they're in a relationship with someone else, but I'll wish them happiness even in that case. But yeah, it's alright to feel sad if something like that happens, but we can't (nor shouldn't) control their lifes. Let's not repeat Sungmin's case. (Yep, I'm still bitter about he not being active as a member.)

 

I wrote this in a hurry, so it's very likely there are lots of errors and typos there, sorry.

I hope you enjoyed this, take care and drink water.

Byebye 💙