Celebrate

Celebration

Yesung hummed softly along with the carols playing on the radio. Although the traffic was packed, it didn't make him feel upset. He just looked out the window to appreciate the beautiful scenery of Seoul under the snow. He tilted his head to the left and right, tapping the steering wheel and singing.

 

"Hyung, we have a bit of free time after the album recording and before the comeback live. Do you want to celebrate early Christmas with me?"

 

He agreed to meet his long-time boyfriend at the dorm. Due to their status as a member of Super Junior, meeting there is more convenient for both of them. Kyuhyun volunteered to cook and prepared everything, saying that he only needed to bring himself and a gift. Yesung grinned when he thought of Kyuhyun, the cheeky maknae who had become an irreplaceable aspect of his life. Recently, he was busy with his solo album while Kyuhyun was with various variety shows. Apart from the group schedule and Super Show 9 tour, they didn't get to spend time together at all. That's why they were so happy and excited for tonight! Yesung drove into a parking lot of a familiar building and stopped the engine. He got off the car with a blue-wrapped box in his hand. While waiting for the elevator, he called the younger to inform him of his arrival.

 

"Kyu~ I'm going up now~"

"What? Hyung, that's two hours earlier than we agreed. I'm still in the middle of decorating the dorm!"

"Since when did you care about stuff like that? Besides, tonight is the only time we can be together so I want to spend the most of it, by arriving as earliest as possible."

"Two hours earlier?"

"I miss you so much, Kyu..."

"...Sigh, you're cheating, Yesung hyung. You know that I can't turn a blind eye when you pout like that!"

"So? Can I go up? The elevator is here now."

"Of course. But promise me that you won't smack my head!"

 

Yesung was puzzled at first. However, he immediately understood it when he stepped into the dorm. Countless mistletoes were hung everywhere in place: the ceiling, the window, the cabinet, the fridge, and even above the projector! Moreover, there were still many remaining mistletoes sitting in a box. No need to be a genius to know what his erted leopard boyfriend aimed for. Kyuhyun came to take off his overcoat to hang it helpfully, though that sweet action didn't help him get away from a smack in the head (Yesung hit him very gently though).

 

"Yah! Did you buy out all existing mistletoes in Seoul or what!!?"

Kyuhyun pouted, "Hyung, you know that I'm a traditionalist, right?"

"No, you're just a ert, brat."

 

Despite his remark, Yesung picked up one of the mistletoes and hung it on the ceiling above the right side of the couch. During that, Kyuhyun came to stand behind him and wrapped his arms around his midriff. The maknae's chin rested on his shoulder while the younger whispered teasingly.

 

"If I'm a ert, what about hyung?"

"I'm a fan of aesthetic scenes that called for my photographer's blood."

 

After hanging the mistletoe, Yesung suddenly spun around in his boyfriend's arms to face the pouting maknae. Then, he tip-toed and pecked the full lips. While Kyuhyun was shocked that his eyes widened, he giggled and caressed the taller man's cheek with the back of his hand.

 

"... I'm a photographer who has a erted boyfriend~"

"Hyung! You're cheating again!"

 

Kyuhyun protested and captured his lips before he got to chuckle. A large hand squeezing his nape made Yesung feel drunk despite not taking a single drop of alcohol. His hand moved up to rub the maknae's ear as Kyuhyun's tongue explored him. Then, he pulled the maknae's ear when he felt a hand wander near his hip and bottom. Kyuhyun yelped and stepped back while rubbing his slightly-reddened ear with a pitiful expression, but Yesung didn't give in.

 

"No, Kyu, we agreed to spend time leisurely first before having . I love being fulfilled by you but I want to cuddle with you tonight."

"I know, hyung, it's just my old habit..."

 

They continued to hang the remaining mistletoes as many as the space would allow. Whenever any of them finished hanging one, they called their lover to stand under the said mistletoe and exchanged a quick kiss. By the time they were done, they had kissed enough to compensate for the time they couldn't meet before. While Yesung was cleaning up the boxes, Kyuhyun quickly made dinner for them. Soon, two servings of seafood spaghetti and corn soup were put on the table. Kyuhyun opened a red wine bottle and poured it into a tall glass in the older man's hand and his. Then, the couple clicked their glasses and took a small sip, before having a meal together.

 

"Kyu, I have a gift for you!"

"Hm, I wonder what my cute boyfriend bought for me~"

 

Kyuhyun opened the gift and grinned when he saw its content: a pair of black sandals from a famous brand and a pair of grey wool socks. The weather will get even colder but he doesn't like wearing formal shoes. His boyfriend knew that and bought these gifts for him. He inspected the socks closely and nodded at their warmth and soft texture.

 

"Hyung, you really know me well~"

"Of course, I'm your one and only boyfriend~"

 

Although they didn't hang mistletoe above the dining table (Yesung thought it was ridiculous), the couple still leaned in and kissed softly. After that, it was the maknae's turn to give a gift. Yesung asked curiously and expectedly.

 

"What is my gift?"

 

Kyuhyun smirked and pointed at himself, earning a dramatic eye roll from his boyfriend.

 

"Brat, you're too full of yourself."

"Admit it hyung, this is what you want the most for Christmas~"

"Tsk, I hate you."

 

Yesung pouted and glared at the younger man. However, his foot was rubbing the maknae's thigh and leg naughtily. He stretched his leg more and teasingly rubbed the squishy tummy just above the crotch. Kyuhyun's ears turned bright red and the maknae swallowed hard. His Adam's apple rolled up and down. Seeing the obviously flustered and aroused boyfriend, Yesung winked and his lips.

 

"Let's open my gift, shall we?"

.

.

.

.

Although the movie was a tragic one, Yesung kept chuckling and laughing nonstop. Not because the movie was bad, but because of his pouting and fuming boyfriend who looked at him with bug eyes since the movie started.

 

"Not what you had in mind, eh~?"

 

Yesung teased his maknae and poked the round cheek. Kyuhyun stared at him with a look of a betrayed puppy.

 

"Hyung, you said you wanted to open your gift!"

"I did. And I'm doing that just now, cuddling with you~"

 

Yesung put his legs across the younger man's thighs and snuggled closer. He hugged the wide shoulder and nuzzled his face in the crook of the maknae's neck. Although Kyuhyun still mumbled a complaint, the younger thoughtfully wrapped his arm around his body to support him, rubbing his back in circles to chase away the discomfort. Yesung beamed with a trembling heart flooded with love and kissed the side of the pale neck.

 

"Besides, the movie I chose for tonight is only about two hours! We still have plenty of time after that."

"Can we watch it in doubled speed?"

"No."

 

Kyuhyun pouted but stopped bothering him. The maknae busied himself with his hobby instead— watching his Yesung hyung. Yesung tried to focus on the movie but he was aware of the gaze intense with love and affection. Combined with occasional kisses on his cheek and temple, he finally couldn't pretend to be clueless.

 

"Kyu, watch the movie, not me."

"But I like you, hyung, not the movie."

"Jeez, you brat..."

 

Yesung sighed, feeling embarrassed for the maknae who said such a sappy thing with ease. But he didn't complain and let Kyuhyun keep watching him. The maknae let him choose what to do after dinner so he should let the younger do as he wished too. With that thought in mind, Yesung turned his attention back to the movie after kissing his boyfriend's philtrum once. About halfway through the movie, the touch and kissing stopped and Yesung found out that Kyuhyun had dozed off. The penguin maknae snored with his mouth hanging open. He even noticed a saliva stain at the corner of the maknae's mouth! Giggling quietly, Yesung rubbed the stain with his thumb and wiped it off using the younger man's t-shirt.

Everyone in Super Junior was busy but Kyuhyun was especially busy with his never-ending variety shows and singing gigs. Despite that, Kyuhyun still purposed for them to celebrate together. True, they had to hide their relationship from the public and they rarely got to spend together, but that only made them treasure what they had even more. Yesung's gaze softened and his heart melted. His boyfriend must be really tired lately... So, he decided to let Kyuhyun take a short nap. He took a selca of sleeping Kyuhyun with him sitting on the maknae's lap but didn't post them on sns for an obvious reason. Yesung chuckled. He still remembered how Teuk hyung almost had a heart attack when he saw the suggestive pictures of him and Kyuhyun posted on the maknae's birthday in 2020. Although it was a shame, they loved Super Junior as much as their lover so they wouldn't do anything that might affect the team.

 

"Good night and sweet dreams, my cute Kkuru~"

 

Yesung whispered to the sleeping maknae and pecked the parting lips. Being in Kyuhyun's embrace kinda made him feel drowsy too. His boyfriend's warmth and protective arms around him felt like the safest place in the world to him. No worries or anxiety could get a hold of him when he was in Kyuhyun's arms... Yesung yawned. Lately, he had to stay up late to prepare for his upcoming album so he didn't have a good rest for a while now. It should be fine if he took a nap, right? As a person prone to insomnia, he should wake up soon and then woke up his boyfriend to enjoy their "gift" as agreed. But before that... Yesung closed his eyes. They should take some rest and restore their energy...

.

.

.

.

When Yesung woke up, he was in the bed and the sun had already peeked through a gap in the curtains. He looked at a wall clock and realized that it was already ten in the morning. What...? He thought he was taking a short nap but he actually fell asleep for almost ten hours!? What about Kyuhyun?

 

"Morning, hyung..."

 

Yesung turned to the side and saw Kyuhyun who had already woken up smile at him. He realized that he was actually sleeping in the maknae's arms and leaning on the broad chest. Kyuhyun's large hand gently brushed off his messy bang and a loving kiss landed on his forehead. The maknae's nose nuzzled and rubbed against his own. Yesung smiled and nuzzled back while rubbing the younger man's nape. Then, they exchanged a lazy kiss that lasted for a few seconds.

 

"Sorry, Kyu, we didn't have because I fell asleep and didn't wake you up..."

"It's fine," Kyuhyun smooched his cheek, "I just have to sneak into your hotel room in Manila~"

"Pfft, I'll leave the door unlocked for you then. Make sure not to get caught in Wookie's vlog again! Poor his manager, having to persuade the vlog team to edit that part out."

"Ah, they're a fan of our ship, right?"

"Yep! Haha, they complain all the time that cutting our moments out will only make people suspect us more, what with the way we're barely shown in Wookie's vlog!"

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and twirled the soft hair in his fingers. His gaze dimmed down a bit when he noticed dark circles under his hyung's beautiful eyes.

 

"The mv shooting for the title song is around nine in the evening, right?"

"Yes."

"Then, we still have a lot of time left. Yesung hyung, let's sleep more and wake up in the afternoon."

"Huh? I thought you wanted to me as soon as possible?"

"I'm not that erted, okay?"

"Look who's talking, brat. Lift your thick face up."

 

Kyuhyun looked up to where his boyfriend's adorable short finger pointed at. Then, he saw a bunch of mistletoes hanging above the bed they were cuddling. No doubt that he was the one who hung them there. Kyuhyun faked a cough and made a serious face.

 

"Those are for an aesthetic reason only."

"You stole my line, you sly brat."

 

Yesung lightly smacked the maknae but followed by another sweet kiss. They avoided using tongues so that they wouldn't get . Pulling away, Kyuhyun smiled and pinched his boyfriend's chubby cheek while Yesung played with the maknae's philtrum.

 

"Kyu,"

"Hm?"

"Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance! Thank you for always being by my side. Will you be with me again next year?"

"That's a given. I love you, Yesung hyung..."

"Love you too, Kkuru baby~"

 

Yesung grinned and shifted closer into the younger man's embrace. Kyuhyun kissed the smooth hair and rubbed the older man's back in soothing circles. Although they didn't do much for the party, even failing to carry out their night plan, both Kyuhyun and Yesung were still happy and satisfied.

 

 

Because they got to celebrate a wonderful season together, last year, this year, next year, and so on.

 

***************************************************

 

Author's note:

Some of you probably feel like you've read it before. Yup, I posted a similar AU on Twitter! I polished and expanded it for this project~

Merry Xmas! I'll post 4 kyusung fics based on SJ "Celebrate" album every other day until new year~ Hope you enjoy them!

 

ps. If you're interested, join my Secret Santa and leave me any messages anonymously :)  Link in the Foreword!