The unbeatable list

Love spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cute 8-year-old girl had witnessed her oldest sister almost die after being abandoned by a guy who might be almost an adult.

Yongsun had to help the 15-year-old Yonghee when the teenager tried to commit suicide.

Their aunts healed the girl's body but the baby sister was the one saving her soul.

That was not an ordinary family and many people in the village were afraid of them.

The two older ladies seemed to be in their mid-30s and they were the only relatives the two girls had.

Their father passed away when their mother was in the early stages of her second pregnancy. 

Although Yonghee could experience having parents until her 7th birthday, the oldest Kim was emotionally unbalanced and immature.

Yongsun, on the other hand, only knew her parents through photos but she was a witty and calm kid.

That is why her aunts Wheein and Hwasa got absolutely surprised when they found the adorable black-haired child standing in front of a bonfire in the yard at 12:22 am.

Yongsun was holding a papyrus made by the aunts and there was a piece of tissue wrapped in it.

The woman with a jet-black hair stepped closer and asked:

______ Sweetie, what is this?

______ It's a spell, auntie Hwasa.______ The girl with chubby cheeks responded calmly.

_______ Why are you here at this late hour trying to make a spell? Witchcraft is not a joke, baby. We tried to explain things to you and your sister but none of you ever cared.

______ To be honest, I don't exactly trust these things. But my mom died of a broken heart. My unnie almost went through the same. So I'm gonna make sure I'll never fall in love.

The couple looked at the youngest child of their precious Yoojin.

The three of them belonged to the same coven since an early age and they had a closer bond since neither of them had a family.

Wheein and Hwasa fell in love with each other, which made things easier than liking a nonwitch.

Yoojin, on the other hand, married a nice and sweet simple man and they had Yonghee one year later.

The trio continued close and the guy liked them very much.

Years passed and Yoojin's husband fell sick and his body didn't respond well to anything. Neither science nor magic could make him. get better.

The couple found out they were expecting a second child and they believed a miracle might happen.

However, unlike witches( who can choose to go or stay), the human passed away.

Deeply depressed, Yoojin used all her energy to carry her baby and have her healthy.

Yongsun was born on the 21st day of February and her mother begged Wheein and Hwasa to protect the little one while she tried to recover.

Deep down, the couple knew that their best friend would not get back because not only her heart but also her soul were broken.

Witches love more intensely than humans. And that is why their pain is more excruciating.

Hwasa picked Yonghee that same day and the couple tried to distract the 7-year-old while taking care of the baby.

The firstborn had zero witch blood, which was rare even for a mixed couple's kid.

Yongsun, on the other hand, was covered in a golden aura that indicated that a powerful witch was born.

The little girls became orphans not long after and the couple adopted them.

IHwasa and Wheein were not surprised when Yoojin's will was read.

Their friend had left a document turning them into her kids' legal guardians.

In general, they considered that they were doing a good job. Except for their recent discovery of Yonghee's love life.

The teenager fell in love with a 20-year-old guy and he would secretly meet her behind the school every afternoon.

Since the aunts tried to raise the girls with trust and some freedom, they didn't treat them as prisoners.

It turned out that the guy went too far with Yonghee and left town once he got what he wanted.

The 15-year-old fell into a deep depression that led to dark moments.

The whole family needed to work together to mend her broken heart. Including the 8-year-old.

Neither Wheein nor Hwasa could predict how the situation would affect Yongsun.

But now here they were, watching their cute tiny niece making her first official spell without any help.

_______ Baby, This is not how magic works. We can't fight destiny. ______ Wheein tried to reason.

_______ I know. But I'll work hard to make my own destiny. I made a list of the qualities my lover must have. Nobody can have all of those. So my list is unbeatable! I will never fall in love. Unless this person comes to me. But since they don't exist...______ The little girl smirked.

_______ Would you read it to us?______ Hyejin asked with tenderness in her voice.

Clearing , Yongsun started:

"I'll only love someone: 

who has a mole mirroring mine 
who carries the universe in their eyes 
who represents the door for my feelings 
who sees the world upside down 
who has 3 corgis 
who can cover the sun 
who makes cute moans when the food is delicious 
who was born 3 days before Christmas 
who naturally bewitches babies and animals."

______ Hm...A spell with 9 conditions. Baby, have you read about the meaning behind such a number?_____ Wheein questioned with surprise.

Tilting her head, Yongsun responded:

______ No. I just heard my 6th sense. These are my pure thoughts. I might include one more thing but I trust this is enough to keep my heart safe.

Hwasa caressed her niece's back and explained:

______ Sun, this is not just a spell. It's more like a summoning one. A love spell. Not a barrier one.

______ Auntie Hwasa, who will fit all of those qualities? Impossible.______ Yongsun shrugged and laughed.

Sighing, the other aunt touched the 8-year-old girl's chin and declared with a serious expression:

______ What is written in the book of life, not even the most powerful witch can change. I'm sorry we didn't prepare you, girls for the negative side of life. Yes, emotional pain is worse than physical one. But it's also what makes us better. Love hearts. Yet, it's so worth it when it happens naturally. Yonghee didn't experience love. It was a bad romance. Some reckless passion. It is not always like that.

______ Mom experienced love. The pure and real one. Yet, I grew up with her. I don't want that. I don't want to become a mom who leaves their kids because of a broken heart.

Tearing up, the couple needed a minute to control their emotion.

______ We understand your feelings, sweetie. But your mama didn't leave you on purpose. She used all her physical strength to keep alive to give you a chance to survive. Her soul was so broken that she failed at balancing her energy. It was not a choice._____ Wheein explained.

______ I know. It was love's fault. This is why I am sealing my heart._____ The black-haired little girl wrapped her list and threw it in the bonfire.

Hwasa and Wheein witnessed the papyrus burn and something in the shape of a star shone in the fire before turning into ashes.

The couple exchanged a look but didn't say a word.

Their niece yawned and declared:

______ I'm tired. Gonna go to bed, aunties.

______ Okay, Sun. Let's go inside._____ Hwasa held the child's hand and guided her.

_____ x _____

30-year-old Yongsun was examining a cat at her clinic.

The vet built the place near home. So she could walk to work and have lunch in her house, along with her aunts.

Although she was an adult who could afford her own apartment, the brunette loved the cozy environment and the warmth in the couple's two-story building.

Yonghee, her sister, got married ten years before and had two children

The older Kim was living in the capital. So they just saw each other on special occasions.

Aunt Wheein and aunt Hwasa tried to set blind dates for their youngest niece during the last 12 years. Nonetheless, they failed every time.

They came to the conclusion that their prodigious child succeeded at making the perfect spell.

Despite that, the aunts decided to try to hook Yongsun up with someone a last time.

It was December 21st and they invited the neighbor's son to have dinner with them.

The vet heard about it and pretended not to understand the couple's plan.

For that reason, the brunette was determined to keep the clinic open until late.

It had been a snowy morning and the receptionist was bored due to the lack of clients.

Now it was half past 2 and the young woman got surprised when a stranger suddenly opened the main door and entered carrying a dog.

______ Hello. I'm new in town. Sorry to show up without an appointment in such a hard day. I suppose I shouldn't expect to find any vet free at the clinic, right?

Yongsun heard that low and deep voice and her heart weirdly missed a beat.

The brunette continued taking care of the cat while listening to her employee explain:

______ Actually doctor Kim is almost finished with her current patient. You may sit and wait, ma'am. No need to schedule an appointment now.

________ Oh, I'm so happy! You know, this big boy usually doesn't skip meals. So I'm kinda worried.

Smiling, the receptionist was very assuring:

________ Don't worry. This may be a small town but doctor Kim is skilled at a worldwide level.

The stranger smiled back and caressed her pet after sitting on one of the chairs.

Ten minutes later, Yongsun left her room carrying a white cat and spoke to her employee:

_____ Ms. Park, could you take our patient to the resting room and contact his owner? Tell him to come to pick Snow up before 7.

______ Sure, Ms. Kim. Ah, we have someone waiting for you.______ The receptionist picked up the animal and announced before walking to the back of the clinic.

_______ Hello. How may I help you?______ The dark-haired one spoke nicely. 

The stranger placed the dog very carefully on the floor, took off her shades, and smiled charismatically.

______ Hi. I'm Moon Byul-YI and this is Moon Daebak, my oldest son. I have 3 corgis and they have been healthy for ages. Daebak is 5 years old and he eats well. But today he refused even the treats. Do you think it's possible that he is stressed because of the new house?

"Ba-boom ba-boom ba-boom.______ The 30-year-old felt her heart accelerating.

Yongsun saw that the charming brown-haired new client had a mole on the left eyelid, mirroring hers.

" Moon as in door? And 3 corgis?______ The brunette thought before responding:

_______ It's not so uncommon. How long since you moved?

_______ Yesterday.

______ Let me take a closer look at him. Would you please bring him to my office?______ The gorgeous woman said without keeping eye contact.

The new citizen nodded and invited the dog to follow her.

Byul-YI, who was 2 centímeters taller than the vet, held the corgi with some effort and placed him on the table.

The gorgeous woman spoke to the dog with tenderness and touched him carefully to examine him.

_______ He doesn't seem to have any inflamed organs. But we should run some tests. Have you noticed any uncommon behavior apart from appetite loss? Is he peeing regularly? Drinking water?

_______ Everything seems fine except for the appetite.

______ When was the last time you give him worm medicine?

_______ Hmm...3 weeks ago, if I'm not mistaken.

The client's scent hit Yongsun's nose and she forgot how to speak for a couple of minutes.

________ Ok. I'd like you to watch him closely for the next 24 hours. And bring him back on the 23rd so we can do a full check-up.

_______ Alright. How much do I owe you, Ms.Kim?

______ Don't worry about that. Today was a free consult.

______ That's not fair though. You shared your precious time with us.

_______ I love animals. It was my pleasure.

Grinning adorably, the handsome woman said:

_______ You are so generous! I'll be forever grateful.

"Her eyes seem to carry a constellation"._______ Yongsun gulped.

________ Don't mention it.______ The vet murmured.

_______ See you soon. Say bye, Daebak.

"Ba-boom ba-boom ba-boom."______ Yongsun's heart attacked her again.

It took her several minutes to stop looking at the entrance once the charming woman went away.

The receptionist came back and told her that they had no clients for the following hours.

Despite that, the 30-year-old vet chose to stay in the clinic recounting the meds supply.

It was half past 7 when she arrived home and her aunts were distracting the neighbor's nephew.

Hwasa introduced her to the guy but Yongsun excused herself and started walking around the house while calling her dog.

_______ Yongkee! Yongkee! 

_______ Sweetie, leave the dog alone. Don't embarrass us. We have a guest for dinner.______ Wheein whispered.

_______ Aunt Whee, Yongkee never ignores me. And she is too young to be deaf. So something is wrong.

_______Maybe she went to the yard to hunt, got tired, and took a nap. She will show up. Please, join us. We'll help you to find her soon.______ Hwasa spoke with a mix of impatience and despair.

Exhaling, the vet marched to the dinner table while sulking.

Although the couple did their best to make their niece and the guy interact, things didn't work well.

He was too shy and Yongsun was totally uninterested.

Halfway through dinner, someone rang the bell and Yongsun held her jumpy heart.

_______ Who might it be? Nobody visits at this hour.______ Wheein commented.

______ I'll get it!______ The vet stood up and walked to the front don't.

"I must be tripping. Why do I smell her ocean scent?

Opening the door, Yongsun found the handsome pretty woman who consulted her in the afternoon.

 

_______ Oh, hi! What a coincidence! Do you live here?

 

Gulping, the dark-haired one nodded slowly.

 

_______ Yes. How did you find me?

 

_______ Actually she found me. I didn't think much about the name Kim on her leash. But I suppose that Yongkee belongs to you._______ Byul-YI smiled.

 

Looking at the floor, the vet felt half relieved and half surprised.

 

_______ She never leaves the house on her own. She doesn't trust strangers either. Thank you so much for bringing her here.

 

_______ But I'm no stranger, right sweetie? We are friends and neighbors.______ Byul-YI spoke with a baby voice and kneeled to rub the dog's head.

 

Yongkee closed her eyes while enjoying the tenderness and kept leaning toward the charming woman.

 

_______ Sun, why are you taking so long to come back? Who is it?_______ Hwasa stood by the door.

 

Standing up, the skinny brown-haired woman smiled charismatically and answered :

 

_______ Oh, I'm sorry to bother. I'm the new neighbor. My name is Moon Byul-YI. I just came to bring Yongkee home.

 

_______ Jincha? Our new neighbor? Welcome to town. And thank you for your kindness.

 

_______ It was nothing.

 

_______ You said Moon. As in door, right? You seem to be fully Korean.

 

_______ That's right.

 

The vet felt palpitations and murmured:

 

_______ If you excuse me, I'm going inside. Thank you once again, Byul-YI.

 

_______ Good night, Ms. Kim.______ The handsome woman glanced at the brunette with worried eyes.

 

Once again, that mirrored mole caught the vet's attention and she blushed before bowing and leaving with the dog.

 

_______ Would you like to come in, Ms. Moon?______ The older woman invite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter