Strap

The other side of her

 

“Yes. I promise you. She’s not here.” Yuto said, holding out his pinky.

“Fine. I’ll believe you.” I sighed, shaking my pinky with his. Aya, where are you??

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

“Sorry, Yuto…” I mumbled, slowly stepping back. I slowly walked away from Yuto’s house, confused and shocked.

I took out my phone and called Suzuki-san’s phone. No one picked up. I smacked my head, remembering that she was heading to Korea right now. I called Aya. No one picked up. Still determined to find her, I started running back to the building to see if anyone there would know why Suzuki-san lied to me. Or even better, if Aya is there.

When I got there, I ran through the building, but couldn’t find Aya, or anyone else. When I was standing in the practice room, I called Aya again. To my surprise, I saw a small amount of light coming from towards the table in the dark room. I walked over to it slowly, and picked it up. I looked at it carefully… it was Aya’s phone! A feeling of complete disconnection from Aya fell over me, and I decided that it was about time that I gave up looking for her.

.   .   .

When I got home, I crashed onto my bed and held the two cell phones up in front of my face. I felt something wet on my face, and quickly went to wipe it away, realizing that it was my tear.

*Sasakura Aya’s P.O.V*

“Ken-chan!!! Have you seen my phone?”

“No! Why? You lost it?” My friend that I’ve known for 15 years answered.

“Yeah…”

“Should we go look for it?”

I looked at the clock.

“No, It’s too late. I’ll look for it tomorrow. I’m going to bed now. Oyasumi.”

“Oyasumi.” Ken-chan smiled at me.

*Yamada Ryosuke’s P.O.V*

I woke up the next morning, realizing that I cried myself to sleep. I looked to my side and realized that the two cell phones were lined up side-to-side on the bed.

I didn’t realize it the night before, but when I looked carefully, I realized that they were both the same design, just in a different color. I touched my green phone, and Aya’s pink phone cover and smiled. “I guess we think alike.”

 

(Author’s Note: This cell phone is from the Japanese cell phone company “au KDDI” and this is the model WELLCOM 03)

I opened both the phones, and mine was on but I realized that Aya’s phone was out of battery. I went downstairs and grabbed the charger, then connected Aya’s phone to the wall. I took a shower and got ready for work, then I left. Today, I was going to the recording company “J-Storm”. Today’s job is gonna be fast. I told myself. Then I can look for Aya. She might have even called her own phone! I smiled at the thought.

.   .   .

The job ended quickly- just as I expected, and I was going to go home.

“Hey, where are you going?” Keito grabbed my arm.

“Home.”

“Have you forgotten what today is!?!?” He exclaimed, shocked.

“What?”

“You are the worst friend ever! It’s Kei’s birthday!”

I covered my mouth. My mind was filled with thoughts of Aya, I forgot.

“Hora, we’re going to Disney land!” The rest of the members caught up with us, and I ended up getting dragged along with them all. My plan to look  for Aya: CRUSHED.

.   .   .

I touched my fake mustache again, for the thousandth time.

“Stop touching the mustache! People will find it suspicious!” Yuto whispered, smacking my hand.

“Sorry, but it tickles so much!”

“Let’s go to the gift shop next!” Kei yelled. He started running towards the gift shop, and we all ran after him.

When we got in, we all tried to spread and all look towards the shelves on the walls so that no one would see our faces. I was in the strap section, with many cute straps lines up.

 

I looked at them, and all of a sudden, I started thinking about Aya. I thought that I should buy one for her, so I started to look at them. I stopped when I

saw a section with cell phone straps for couples. I smiled as I picked up the first one that caught my eye. I kept my face down, went over to the

counter, and bought it.

 

When we all left the store, Chinen elbowed me and asked “What’d you buy?”

I smiled at him and said “It’s a secret.”

“Is it for Aya?”

“Pssh!!! W..w…why would you t..think t..that in the f..first p..place?”

“Haha, you’re such a bad liar, I know it’s for Aya!”

I sighed. “Yeah…”

“Aww… Ryo-chan is sooooo sweet!”

.   .   .

When I finally got home, it was already 11 o’clock pm, and there was no time to look for Aya. I Aya’s phone, and smacked my head, remembering that this phone doesn’t receive missed call alerts unless it’s . I went upstairs and immediately got ready for bed. I sat on my bed, and took out both Aya’s and my phone and laid it in front of me.

I took out the straps from the Disney bag, and I carefully put the mickey on my phone, and the miney on Aya’s phone. I looked at both the phones and smiled.

Where ever you are, I hope you’re safe, Aya.

*Sasakura Aya’s P.O.V*

I came home with Ken-chan, upset that I couldn’t find my phone at all.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll find it.”

“Yeah…” Then out of nowhere, I started crying.

“Was the cell phone that important to you?”

“No, it’s just that… if I knew this would happen, I would have memorized Ryo-chan’s phone number!! Ryo-chan… I miss him so much!!!! I want to see him!!!”

“Shh… It’s going to be all right.” Ken-chan then lightly hugged me.

“Eh?” I looked up at his face, confused.

“Don’t worry, it’s just a friendly hug for comfort. If you don’t like it, I’ll let go. I just thought you could use one.” Ken-chan smiled his cute smile.

“Ken-chan, you’re the best friend anyone could have.” Then I hugged him back tightly.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Wee!!!! Finally!!! I chapter that is not soooo poppy short!!!! (Does that sentence make sense??)

I thought I’d explain to those who haven’t quite grasped who Nakajima-san/ Ken-chan is.

If you look back at the chapter before, you can see that Suzuki-san never said the first name of Nakajima-san. Also, Ryosuke never brought up the name “Yuto” so Suzuki-san wasn’t able to know that Ryosuke was misunderstanding who she was talking about. Since Yuto and Ryosuke are in the same group, Ryosuke thought that she was talking about him.

But the real Nakajima-san that she was talking about was the other Nakajima-san who is in y Zone.

His name is Nakajima Kento. He is the leader of y Zone. His admired Senpai is Yamada Ryosuke! (Cause of course, Ryo-chan is the best!!!!!!!!!!)