Chapter 01: Seperating.

Love in the Ice

"We need to break up, Hyukkie." Eunhyuk surely didn't expect his boyfriend for 3 years, Lee Donghae, to say that to him after their performance. He thought, maybe, he would have Donghae hold him close and plant a loving kiss to his cheek, while Kyuhyun and Yesung made faces on the sidelines. Either way, the dancer looked horrified at the bluntly said statement, the hustle and bustle backstage seeming to stop. The other members, though in their own, seperate areas, all sent Eunhyuk a look of apology in unison.

    "I...Hae...wha...why?" Donghae, unable to look the dancer in the eye at the moment, glanced down, finding his sneakers strangely instriguing now. Eunhyuk trembled, his eyes watering even more as the younger male remained silent. "Hae, why?!" Kyuhyun and Sungmin, standing closest to the duo, flinched at his harsh tone.

    "Don't get me wrong, Hyukkie, you're an amazing person. You're my first love, my best friend. But...I think that's what we should stay as; best friends." It hurt Donghae to say that, and he would be incredibly damned if he looked up to see the hurt expression on Eunhyuk's face.

    "Were you not happy?" Eunhyuk asked angrily, his voice shaking as rebel tears slipped down his cheeks. He trembled harder now, and Leeteuk hurried over to the monkey, squeezing his hand. The leader couldn't stand to watch his dongsaengs suffer like this, especially not Hyukkie. He was too sensitive, and dare he say, fragile. "Do you not love me anymore?! Donghae, tell me what I did wrong! I can fix this...please..."\

    "Hyukkie..." Leeteuk whispered, growing more and more nervous at the nervousness in the younger member's voice. "Come on, you should cool off..." The dancer ignored his hyung, staring back at Donghae with an expectant look on his face. He wanted an answer, and that was very clear; but no one knew if Donghae was actually willing to give him one.

    "No...it's not that. It never will be that I don't love you," Donghae responded, sounding on the brink of tears. He lifted his head back up, and was indeed crying as well. "Hyukkie, what don't you understand? You're my first love. I was, and always will be in love with you. I was so happy when I found out you liked me back...so incredibly happy. I was happier when we first hugged, kissed, and on our first date. But as time went by, I became extremely terrified. Hyukjae, I was scared that this would end badly. Good things always do! You can't fix this, Hyukkie! I'm sorry..."

 

    "Things ARE ending badly, Donghae!" Eunhyuk exclaimed, taking a step forward as his eyes burned with fury and heartbreak. "We're breaking up! I...I'm hurting, Hae! But...why...w...why don't you care?! Don't you care about me anymore?!" Donghae went silent again at that moment, for what seemed like hours; until he his heel and walked away. Siwon, though he was incredibly worried for both of his friends, hurried after Donghae. He needed support, too.

   Eunhyuk's angry expression changed in an instant as he watched Donghae leave him. So...he didn't care? Was that why he chose to end it? He...just...didn't care anymore, then? The dance machine broke down, falling to his knees, heavy, painful sobs coming from his lips. His chest hurt badly, and his throat constricted. His heart was breaking slowly, agonizingly so. Eunhyuk felt like screaming, yelling at Donghae to come back and love him again. To care for him once more. That's all he really wanted, anyways.

   Leeteuk sighed, whispering to Eunhyuk, telling him to go cool off. This time, though, the dancer obliged, allowing his hyung to take him outside to cool down. As the four members went their seperate ways, the remaining members of Super Junior exchanged a look. Though they stayed silent, they all thought the same thing; Super Junior would never be the same again.