Love Games

Love Games

The camera showed a pair of sandy, sandal-clad feet making their way up the few steps to the tent. From the host couch, Kyuhyun’s mouth dropped open, his eyes widening. Without looking away from the screen, he reached out and clutched the arm of the sofa. 

“Is it-?” Kyuhyun gasps.

On the screen, the perspective changed to the tent's interior. Inside, Hyukjae is seen lounging on his cot, his eyes looking sleepy. The tent flaps parted, and Donghae stuck his head through.

“Hello,” Donghae called gently.

Kyuhyun crows in celebration, clapping his hands in delight.

“Ahhh, Donghae-sshi is going after his man,” Jinkyung laughs. 

Back on the screen, Hyukjae sat up, gesturing for Donghae to join him. Donghae entered the tent and shyly sat on the edge of Hyukjae’s cot. There was a dramatic pause as they met eyes and smiled before looking away. 

It was all very sweet and adorable, but Kyuhyun wanted some action — Hyukjae and Donghae had been dancing around each other since the first night of the bonfire. After Donghae won first place in that afternoon’s game, he was guaranteed a spot in Paradise. Kyuhyun hopes they make some headway and Donghae will pluck up the nerve to ask Hyukjae to be his date.

“It’s hot today, isn’t it?” Hyukjae asked, fanning himself dramatically. Even in the tent's shade, it was at least 30 degrees Celsius. Luckily for Hyukjae, his sweat gave him a pretty glow.

“I miss having aircon,” Donghae agreed with a long sigh. Hyukjae closed his eyes and groaned at the thought of an aircon blowing on him. When he reopened his eyes, Donghae looked at his hands in his lap, his ears blushing pink.

“Looks like Donghae-ssi may have lost his nerve,” Hanhae tsks. The hosts murmur their laments as they watch the two men on screen fall into another silence.

“Y’know…” Hyukjae began slowly, “they have high-quality aircon in Paradise.”

Donghae whipped his head up to meet Hyukjae’s gaze.

Back in the studio, the hosts hold their breaths.

“That’s right, you went before with Yesung, right?” Donghae asked, his lips turning down ever so slightly. Hyukjae smiled and leaned in closer.

“Yeah, but I was more interested in the steak from room service,” Hyukjae admitted with a grin. Donghae grinned back at him.

“Steak and aircon are definitely a plus side to Paradise.”

Hyukjae hummed and tilted his head to the side. He gave Donghae a long, appreciative look.

“An even bigger plus is to go with someone you’re interested in.”

The hosting couch erupts with cheers. Kyuhyun clutches his pillow tightly as he grins ear to ear. Finally, his favorite couple is one step closer to leaving the island together.